The Baby-Sitters Club: The Tr...

By GoRaina89

Poor Stacy. She just moved to a new town, is still trying coming to terms with her diabetes, and is facing ba... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter 1

7.6K 55 42
By GoRaina89

It was our Friday Baby-sitters club meeting, and Kristy was calling us to order. As always, we held our meetings at Claudia's house.

"As the president of the baby-sitters club..." Kristy says. "...I hereby move that we figure out what to do when Mrs. Newton goes to the hospital to have her baby." She continues sitting comfortably in a movie director's chair and holding up on finger professional like.

I curl up in a ball, holding my legs to me tight and ask, "What do you mean?"

Kristy then smiles. "Mr. and Mrs. Newton will need someone to take care of Jamie, whenever it happens. Smart baby-sitters would be ready for the occasion."

All sparky, Mary Ann popped up with delight. "I think that's a good idea, Kristy."

I smile.

"Maybe from now on, one of us should be free each afternoon, so Mrs. Newton will be guaranteed a sitter." Added Kristy moving her hands in sense.

Claudia was laying on her bed with bubblegum in her mouth and said. "That seems like a waste. . . .babies can be late. Two or three weeks late."

In agreement I added. "Claudia's right. . . .we could be giving up a lot of perfectly good afternoons for nothing."

Claudia's bubblegum popped right after I said that. Then the club started to talk again. But I spaced out.

______________________________________________
My name's Stacey McGill. I just moved to this teeny-weeny town, Stoneybrook, Connecticut. Which is quite a shock, since I grew up in . . .

. . . New York City!

I absolutely loved it there. I had lots of friends, and lots to do. Everything was  great until about a year ago.

Me and my best friend, Laine, got up from a booth at a restaurant. Me, I was feeling a little headache, making me tumble a little, but I caught myself by holding on the table.

"You okay, Stacey?" Questioned Laine.

"I . . . I'm fine." I stammered rubbing my forehead.

We decided to leave to another restaurant.

But I wasn't fine. I snarfed down a load of food leaving me feeling queasy.

KLONK!

That was me passing my head out in my food. Laine jumped back.

I was tooken to the hospital where my parents and I found out dreadful news.

"Stacey has diabetes." Said a doctor holding onto a clip board.

My mom immediately held onto my arm. "What?? No, not my baby!!"

The doctor continued. "It's not as bad as it sounds. With the right treatment, she can lead a normal life"

"Diabetes is a problem with a gland in your body called the pancreas." The doctor says trying to make sense.

"The pancreas makes insulin, which is a hormone. Insulin allows your body to use sugar from the food you eat to give heat and energy."

More explaining, the doctor continued. "When the pancreas doesn't make enough insulin to do the job, the glucose from the sugars builds up in your blood and makes you sick."

"But, if you eat healthy diet, and give yourself insulin injections every day--."

I pop up from my bed. "What?!"

So the next thing I knew, I was learning to give myself insulin shots. I did start to feel better pretty quickly.

"Doctor, are you sure she can do this all by herself?" Mom asked.

"Mom!!" I spat.

And overnight, mom and dad turned into the world's most overprotective parents.

During dinner one night, mom said holding up my wrist. "Honey, you're still losing weight."

"I wonder if you're eating enough? I don't know if this new diet sounds right." She the said looking through my book of diabetic diets. "I've made you an appointment with another doctor on Tuesday, just to see if--"

"Mommmm!" I grumble hiding my face with my hands.

But that wasn't the worst part.

At school, I tried to talk to Laine.

"Laine! It's so good to see you again! How's school been? I was afraid I'd . . ." I shout from down the hall making my way to Laine.

She made a weird look on her face that I can't describe. She runs off and says. "Uh, gotta go, Stace . . . see ya."

My best friend, Laine, stopped talking to me. She never tried to find out what was wrong. . . . was she scared of me? I tried to call her.

"Hi, Mrs. Cummings. . . . It's Stacey. Is Laine home?"

"I'm sorry, Stacey. . . . She can't come to the phone right now." She replied.
(Laine shook her head no.)

Since Laine was like the leader of all of me and my friends, everyone pretty much followed her example. I found myself alone nearly all the time.

I didn't feel well. I didn't feel at home anymore.

One day, my parents announced that we were moving away . . . . I didn't even care.
______________________________________________

I didn't make a single new friend here in Stoneybrook until I met Claudia. Soon after, she invited me to be a member of the baby-sitters club, and things began to look up.

". . . And what about a nighttime plan?" Claudia asks reaching for a blue box. I was sure that box was filled with candy.

"Yeah, lots of babies are born in the middle of the night." I say as the phone rings.

Claudia, Kristy and Mary Ann have quickly become my new best friends, and our club has been a huge success! We sit for tons of kids in our neighborhood.

"Well, we'll figure something out . . . . Who wants candy?" Stated Claudia opening up the box.

I picked up the phone. "Baby Sitters Club, Stacey speaking."

"Hi, Dr. Johanssen! . . . .Monday? We'll call you right back." I continue.

Kristy them said. "Maybe we could call Mrs. Newton and ask her if--"

"CLAUDIA! CLAUDIA!!" We all hear a voice. I guessed it was Janine's.

In frantic, Claudia got up from her bed and asked. "Janine what is it?

Janine was holding up a pink paper and handed it to Claudia.

"This!" She replied.

After a few long minutes. I spat, " "The Baby-sitters Agency" ?"

The club and I started to look down the paper:

______________________________________________
Need a reliable baby sitter?
Need one fast?
Then call:

   The Baby-Sitters Agency

Liz Lewis: 555-1162 or
Michelle Patterson: 555-7548

And reach a whole network of responsible Baby-sitters!

Ages: 13 and up

Available:
•After school
•Weekends (until midnight)
•Weeknights (until 11:00)

Low rates! Years of experience!
The untimate time saver!
CALL NOW!
______________________________________________

"Thanks, Janine." Claudia said with a bit sorrow in her voice.

"Naturally." Janine said bowing a little.

Everyone had wide eyes and worried looks. Kristy glances at us.

"We're doomed." Kristy said sadly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 57.6K 83
"The only person that can change Mr. Oberois is their wives Mrs. Oberois". Oberois are very rich and famous, their business is well known, The Oberoi...
19.9K 1.7K 38
Story of a family - strict father, loving mother and naughty kids.
199K 4.5K 67
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad