Living In The Greatest City I...

By philocalic

(COMPLETED) What happens when the entire Hamilton group is in the 21st century - and are in college? Stuck... More

Chapter 1: The Introductions Of A Potentially Hazardous Group
Chapter 2: The Envious Confessions of a Slightly Drunk Couple
Chapter 3: Maria Reynolds Protection Squad
Chapter 4: The Kid - I Mean, Turtle, Angel Schuyler-Laurens
Chapter 5: Girl Problems, Boy Problems, Wait, Ice Cream!
Chapter 6: Lessons about French and Smoking Sunflowers
Chapter 7: I Hate You, I Like You, No, It's Awkward Again
Chapter 8: TurtleBoi Passes Out
Chapter 9: Dates, Double Dates, Triple Dates, I Don't Know The Word...
Chapter 10: Close Your Mouth, I know I'm Beautiful
Chapter 11: That American Fizzy Magic
Chapter 12: The Angelic Angel Angelica
Chapter 13: Daddy Told Me Not To Have Relationships...?
Chapter 14: Petite Poisson, nagent/Small Fish, swim
Chapter 15: Take A Break (Or I'll Make You)
Chapter 16: Everyone Ships It
Chapter 17: Kitchen Duty - Doody
Chapter 18: Schuyler, Schuyler, Schu - well - Hamilton, Wait, Schuyler?
Chapter 19: Wait!
Chapter 20: This Is What We Call "A Bad Nurse"
Chapter 21: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
Chapter 22: Will You Throw Away Your Shot?
Chapter 23: Hurt
Chapter 24: Helplessly Helpless
Chapter 25: Thank You and A Small DEH Question!
Chapter 26: No One Deserves To Disappear
Chapter 27: What Happened In The Room
Chapter 28: Say No, Alex
Chapter 29: Congratulations, Hope You're Satisfied
Chapter 30: That's How You Know You Messed Up
Chapter 31: Him
Chapter 32: Let It Go
Chapter 33: The Fashion Major Strikes Again
Chapter 34: Just Fix It!
Chapter 35: I Mean, They Pop Out Randomly, Like Toasters
Chapter 36: How To Ditch A Wedding 101
Chapter 38: Wait... What?
Chapter 39: Nobody Needs To Know
Chapter 40: Lady Issues
Chapter 41: The Baby Project Starts
Chapter 42: Beware Of The Fatal Pillows
Chapter 43: Schuyler → Hamilton, Peggy → ... Who?
Chapter 44: Your Hotness, Eliza: Making Things Worse Since 1757!
Chapter 45: This A-fork-able Group
Chapter 46: Love In The Air In The Greatest City In The World
Epilogue: The Crazy Kids Of New York
Epilgoue 2: The Private And Intimate Life Of The House
Epilogue 3: Here and Queer
Epilogue 4: The Mess I Call My Family
Other Stories!

Chapter 37: Now, This Is A Wedding

648 22 37
By philocalic

Inside The Girl's Dressing Room

Peggy straightened her dress. "Eh, I can't be bothered to straighten my hair. I'm just leaving it open."

"Ooooh, fancy, I bet Lafayette will like it." Maria teased.

Peggy screamed, then started to lock the door and windows. "Shhhhhh!" She whispered.

Maria smirked knowingly.

"Also, WHERE IS MY BOW?!" Angelica started to tear the place apart.

"Oh, it's on the turtle," Eliza said casually.

"Is that a reference to something?"

"No, I mean, it's literally on the turtle."

Angelica turned to see that Angel had a bow on her head.

"Why? Actually, I don't care anymore." Angie clipped the bow to her head quickly.

"Okay, okay, so first off, we'll have the ceremony and Philip Jr. will give Eliza away, since, uh, he isn't here and then, we'll cut that pitiful cake and we'll eat cake!" Peggy read her itinerary.

"Oh, I also got some fake marriage papers from, like, some place," Maria called, waving a sheaf of papers.

"Perfect! They can sign that after they kiss."

"Who's officiating?"

"Well, Aaron said he's legally allowed to since his grandfather was a fire and brimstone preacher." Peggy tilted her head. "Not sure if that's how that works, though."

"Good enough." Angelica fixed her dress one last time.

"Also, Alex and Eliza say that there are some 'activities' planned at the venue."

"You still haven't told us where we're going, 'Liza," Angelica turned to her sister.

"All in good time." she replied breezily.

"Are we ready? No? Well, I don't care, we're going!" Angelica took her sisters' and Maria's hands and dragged them out of the dressing room.

"BOYS! HURRY UP!" Angelica yelled.

John came out pulling the boys with him. Alex was still struggling with his bowtie.

"I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO TELL YOU ALEX, YOU JUST PUT IT ON!" John seemed pissed while Alex meekly let him fix the bow.

"Okay, here's the exact venue address!" Eliza handed each couple a piece of paper.

"Wait, then why did we keep everything here?" Maria asked.

"So you wouldn't find out the real venue!" Alex said cheerily.

"I swear you'll be the death of me," Hercules groaned.

"I'll go with Alex, Maria with Herc, Peggy with Lafayette, and Angie with John." Eliza was about to walk out the door.

"Oh heck no!" Both Angie and John chorused.

"I am not giving you another chance to ruin your own wedding!"

"We're coming with you," John agreed.

"Fine, then you guys should carpool too, it'll save gas." Alex started to walk out the door again.

"Something's gonna go very wrong today, isn't it?" Angie whispered to John.

"Good thing we're here to fix it."

Angelica's POV

"The wedding is going to the coolest thing ever," Eliza giggled to Angelica, who looked worriedly at the address.

"I shouldn't be regretting letting you choose the venue, right?" Angelica asked.

In response, Eliza just smirked.

Alex came out of the passenger side, his eyes screwed shut. He bumped into a pole.

"Ouch!"

"What are you doing?" Angelica asked, leading him away from the pole.

"Bad luck to - ow! - see the bride before the wedding. I turned my face so I wouldn't see 'Liza before, and I can't - youch! - ruin that now," Alex explained, tripping over multiple things.

John caught Angelica's helpless glance. "Yeah, I'll take him."

Angelica smiled and walked into the venue. "Cold."

Eliza grinned. "Ha. Ha. Ha."

They rounded the corner and Angie gasped. "Eliza!"

Peggy popped up randomly. "And Peggy!"

Everyone stared at her. She shrugged. "Thought is would be nice to have a Schuyler sisters song!"

Angie rolled her eyes. "But why would you rent a freaking ice rink for the wedding?"

Laf shrugged. "La patinoire was a good choice."

Eliza hugged her sisters, smiling wide. "I just want it to be memorable, ya know?"

Alex bumped into a person serving drinks. The drinks crashed on the floor, and the person glared at Alex. "Sorry!" He called, his eyes still closed.

Hercules shook his head.

"Get your skates on!" John grinned, his eyes lighting up at the venue.

oOo

Angelica's POV

Laf had huge feet.

Angie didn't know if it was just a French thing, or what, but that guy had really big feet.

"Eliza, that's the fifth pair you've tried on. There aren't that many sizes to choose from." Eliza was trying on all sorts of skates.

"Yeah, but, but, I want it to be perfect for our wedding!" Eliza defended.

"Promise wedding," Angie corrected.

"I don't wanna tie your skates for you, Alex!" John moaned, wobbling in his own skates.

"Well, I can't see, so you have to!" Alex replied, his eyes still scrunched shut.

"UGH! But only because you're getting married!" John leaned down and gingerly started tying Alex's skates.

"Promise wedding!" Angelica repeated.

"Sure."

Maria opened the gate to the ice rink. "We have an entire rink to ourselves, let's go!"

"Wait, you do realize that Theo is pregnant and probably can't skate, right?" Peggy asked.

"SHOOT, WE FORGOT ABOUT THAT!" Eliza hurriedly made arrangements for chairs while Alex was trying to skate blindfolded.

"Okay, guys! Everyone's coming! Places!" Peggy sang, and hurried to the ring bearer position.

Aurora, along with all the rest of the Laurens family rushed in, their eyes opening wide at the sight.

"You do know how to plan a wedding, 'Liza," Aurora laughed.

"I did most of the planning," Angelica and John said simultaneously. 

They pulled some skates on, and skated to the end of the rink. The Washingtons apprehensively held onto the rails and made their way cautiously towards the audience.

Alex turned his back on the bride and finally took off his blindfold. "Nice."

"It's your wedding. Be more appreciative!" John scolded.

"Promise!" Angelica called for the third time.

"And you be more chill, John!" Alex called, laughing. "Get it? Because it's cold and - "

"PLACES!"

Elegant wedding music was being played by Maria on the piano, much to everyone's surprise.

Aaron stepped up and started to read.

"We gather here to unite these two people in marriage. Their decision to marry has not been entered into lightly.... Well, I mean - okay, on with the ceremony! - and today they publicly declare their private devotion to each other. The essence of this commitment is the acceptance of each other in entirety, as lover, companion, and friend. A good and balanced relationship is one in which neither person is overpowered nor absorbed by the other, one in which neither person is possessive of the other, one in which both give their love freely and without jealousy. Marriage, ideally, is a sharing of responsibilities, hopes, and dreams. It takes a special effort to grow together, survive hard times, and be loving and unselfish."

" Do you both pledge to share your lives openly with one another, and to speak the truth in love? Do you promise to honor and tenderly care for one another, cherish and encourage each other, stand together, through sorrows and joys, hardships and triumphs for all the days of your lives?"

Peggy came up with the rings on a pillow.

Eliza smiled, her eyes brimming with tears. "I do, I do, I do!" She nearly sung, putting the ring on Alex's finger.

Alex grinned and repeated the action. "I do!"

"Go now in peace and live in love, sharing the most precious gifts you have - the gifts of your lives united. And may your days be long on this earth. I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

A/N: the website we got this from: 

http://ravieandchelseaswedding.blogspot.com/2010/06/wedding-ceremony-script.html

^ That's the venue!

Cute wedding - excuse me, promise wedding - right? 

Hope you guys enjoyed!!!!!

- Eliza and Angelica 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.1K 923 16
WHATS UP I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS THIRTEEN PLEASE DONT READ THIS THANKS With Anna's wedding only a few weeks away, Elsa is quite busy. But meeting up...
1.1M 45.9K 52
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
607K 13.7K 41
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
8.1K 310 12
There was a land that everyone can transform into animals but the difference is that when they return to there human form the ears and tails of there...