The Blackmail® [Complete]

Da Redstiletos

"I could pay you much more." He said quietly, his piercing blue eyes saying the opposite. "Oh yes you will... Altro

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four (Ovian's POV)
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thrity
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five
Chapter Thirty-six
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter forty
Chapter Forty-One

Chapter Thirty-Seven

893 30 2
Da Redstiletos

The day wore on with many more activities. There were musical displays by several groups. Many more people brought us gifts. Dignitaries from other kingdoms were present to show their support and give advice and gifts as well. I was tired already. I just sat there watching as people danced and generally enjoyed themselves. I wondered how Ovian could look so comfortable. Then I remembered that he had been groomed for this position early on in his life. We hadn't said much to each other because people just didn't give us the time.

The crown on my head was beginning to give me a headache. I itched to take it off. Thankfully, it's not compulsory I have to wear it all the time. Only at official events. Thinking about events, will I be able to run my foundation? Now that I can be approved to sit on the Council, will I be allowed? I sighed. So many questions but no answers. Yet. I thought as I smiled at a couple who were bowing before us.

It wasn't long Lord Gringham came to stand before Ovian and asked to approach the throne. Ovian nodded and he stepped forward.

"Finally, I have news about Lahran and his mother." He leaned forward. "After a long night, a sober Lahran finally confessed to knowing about the Queen's plan to kill the King. The queen also confessed but she claims she did it all by herself." He said.

"That's a lie! She's trying to protect her boyfriend." I snapped.

"Yes, I know, my Queen but since she has refused to give names, we have no choice-"

"I have a name." I said. Ovian looked at me. "Last night, before Lahran's confession, I was coming to tell you that I had met the wife of the Queen's boyfriend."

"How?" Lord Gringham was surprised.

"Apparently, the poor woman had just found out herself and anyway its a long story. But her name is Isabelle Castle. She said they are not nobles."

"Thank you my Queen, we will begin our search immediately now that we have a name. I will get back to you with more news later." As he stepped back to leave, I forestalled him.

"Lord Gringham, what about my place on the Council?"

His eyes glinted in amusement. "My Queen, no royalty can be on the Council. But you can provide someone who can, if the person is approved by the King, then we can allow it."

I nodded and the old man took his leave. I looked at Ovian who was watching me with an amused smile on his face.

"What?" I asked mirroring his smile.

"You never let up do you?"

"No way, my King. I have a role to play remember?"

He chuckled and then took my hand. "I love you," he whispered for my ears only.

I looked into his eyes and responded, "I love you too."

It was almost sundown before we left the banquet. I was both exhausted and relieved. As I trudged down the corridor towards our new quarters, I asked to see Taylor. The last time I had seen her was when she was preparing me for the coronation.

OVIAN'S POV

To whom much is given much is expected, I thought as I pulled off my heavy robe. Thank goodness the whole thing had been successful. But I haven't been able to shake off the sad feeling that had been over me since last night. I didn't like the way I became King. I wished my father was alive or had died peacefully. I wished that I didn't have the power to sentence anyone to death. Above all, I wished that they weren't people I had called brother and mother all my life.

I wondered what I was going to say to Lahran. If he had not partook in my father's murder, I would still consider him to be my brother even if we were not related. But what he did was treasonous. Sighing, I considered another challenge. Becoming King means a total wardrobe overhaul. I can't wear whatever I wanted anymore.

Right now, I was contemplating what to wear. An array of heavily embellished blazers adorned my wardrobe. Making a choice was the challenge. I wish Tania were here, she would help me choose. Finally, I decided on a navy blazer. I shrugged it on and headed out the door.

As I approached the holding room where Lahran was being held, I became nervous. The punishment for what he did was death. I would have to give the final order for his death. Right from the age of four, I had been told that Kings wield the power over life and death. And such power was not to be abused. And the law was law. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't because it would be seen as weakness on my part and enemies may want to exploit it.

The Chief Constable, Lord Isleburn, was standing at the entrance and he greeted me as I approached the room.

"My King," he greeted and bowed. "He is ready for you."

I nodded and opened the door. I found Lahran lying on a small mattress in the room. The room was empty save a small mattress on the floor and a table and chair. I stood and watched the man I had called brother for twenty-eight years.

Sensing my presence, Lahran opened his eyes and watched me warily. I went to lean against the table that was beside his bed. He continued to watch me, as if waiting for me to talk first. Honestly, I was at a loss for words. All the anger I had felt when I learnt of his treachery had vanished. It was replaced with pity.

"Being king has always suited you. Gentle, easy going, obedient, smart, you had every thing." He finally said quietly.

"You had everything too."

"No, Ovian, I didn't. I walked in your shadow. I wanted everything you represented. I wanted to be like you. I thought if I had everything you had I would be like you." He paused, looking at the ceiling. "You always commanded such attention and respect. Hell, everybody preferred that you were king even though you were the son of a mere mistress. But mother was so ambitious."

"You were not?"

"Maybe I was. But I didn't want to be king. I wanted to race cars and travel the world. Mother wanted so much from me. And after sometime, I gave in. I wanted father to love me like he loved you, his favourite son. I felt if I become king, then I could be like you. You know, command respect and be loved."

"Was that why you let your mother to kill him?"

He looked at me. "I couldn't stop her Ovian. I...I...tried." His voice broke.

"You didn't try enough." I grimaced. 'Do you know that she cheated on father?"

He gazed at me for a few seconds before lowering his gaze. "Yes but it was a long time ago. And she promised to never do it again."

"Do you know who he was?"

He shook his head. "No."

"He was a married man with golden hair and golden eyes."

Lahran's head lifted sharply. "What are you implying Ovian?"

"Haven't you ever wondered why you did not look like either of your parents? I am saying that we are not related in anyway. You are not a Lancaster."

He sat up and held his head in his hand. For several minutes, we were both quiet. Then he spoke. "I failed Ovian and I will accept the death penalty. I know its a tough call for you but you must do it. So nobody ever tries it again."

"I am sorry Lahran. I didn't believe it until-"

"I don't want to hear it Ovian. Let me die knowing I participated in killing the only man I knew as father." He said quietly.

Knowing all that I knew, I could understand what he was doing. It was all too much to take in at once, especially when he was this close to dying. I sighed. "I guess this is goodbye then."

He nodded and lied down back on the cot, his back to me. I waited a few more seconds before I left. Next stop was the Queen. She seemed to have been pacing the room when I entered her room. Her hair was all over the place and she had been stripped of all her silk and satin regalia. She was wearing a very drab gown which made her look like the kitchen wench.

"You...you bastard!" She seethed as soon as she saw me. "You conniving bastard!"

"I never connived to do anything. You are the one who bandied someone else's son as the heir to my father's throne."

She gasped.

"Oh you think I don't know? My wife heard you and your lover in the chapel."

Her eyes grew wider. "Ovian-"

"I used to feel sorry for you, you know. All my life, I saw you as the only mother figure in my life. You were not perfect but I tolerated you. Why did you have to kill  father?" I shook my head. "Now, you and your son will pay for your wickedness."

"Ovian Please! He is my only boy!" She sobbed.

"It's out of my hands Margaret." I said calling her by her name. "This is all on you."

"No no no! Ovian, not my little boy."

"I take no joy in any of this. Hell! I wish it never came to this." I said.

She grabbed unto my coat. "Please Ovian, you are king now. All you have to do is say no. Please!"

I pushed her away from me. "You should have thought of that when you poisoned my father!" I said angrily and left her in the room, crying.

I stalked angrily out of the building. I need a drink. I thought as I got into the waiting car.

Tania' POV

I was about to get into bed when I heard the door to our rather large sitting room open. "Who is it?" I called.

Seconds later, my husband was standing in the doorway to our bedroom. He looked dashing and very manly. And a bit angry. From across the room, his hooded gaze ran over my body, stripping me naked before him. I felt goosebumps come over me and I realised my heart rate had increased.

Suddenly, my mouth went dry and I had to run my tongue over my lips in an attempt to moisten them but that move only further fanned the storm brewing in Ovian's eyes. His ocean blue gaze fell on my mouth and in a few long strides, I was in his arms.

His mouth molded themselves onto mine and I groaned at the onslaught. My fingers found their way into his shirt and I couldn't resist running my hands all over him. Suddenly, he picked me up and placed me on the bed. He watched me as he took off his shirt and claimed my mouth again in a hot and searing kiss.

His hands were rough over my body and instantly, I knew something was wrong. "Ovian." I called as soon as he released my mouth. He didn't answer, rather he began sucking and biting my shoulders.

"Ovian?" I tried again. He groaned in response but didn't let up still. "Ovian!" I said more urgently. This time I pushed against his chest.

"Please, Tania, I need you!" He ground out.

"No! Not like this! I know you are angry about something. What is it?"

He groaned and rolled of me and laid down on his back, looking up at the ceiling.

"Ovian, what's wrong? Talk to me?" I urged touching his chest.

He looked at me and pulled me down for a gentler kiss. Then he pulled me against his body. "I love you." He said simply.

"I love you too." I whispered onto his chest.

I was already dozing when we heard an urgent knock on our door. Then the valet, Gerald, called. "My king! My Queen!"

Startled, Ovian called. "Come in!"

Gerald rushed into the room with Taylor on his heels. "You have to turn on the TV now my king!"

Taylor shouted impatiently. "Now!"

"What's the fuss about? What's going on?" I asked. Ovian took the remote control to the TV in our bedroom and turned it on.

The broadcaster was saying, "...We now have proof of the affair between our new Queen and Lord Fairweather. People, these are no longer speculations!" Then they featured a picture of me wearing a scarf and sun shades, standing at the entrance of Fairweather's house. Another came on with me standing sandwiched between Fairweather and his desk in his study, his hand on my shoulder.

I gasped. Oh my!

"And that's not all folks," the blonde woman continued. "You all know Alex McIntyre, the former mistress of our new king. Well, she's made very wild accusations about the current Queen not being Charlotte. According to her, she's actually Tania Gregory from Tuncan County."

The blood drained completely from my face. This is bad! This is very bad!

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

4.1M 170K 63
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
1.6M 138K 46
✫ 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐑𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐆𝐞𝐧'𝐬 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐒𝐚𝐠𝐚 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎ She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful...
402K 12.8K 28
All Rights Reserved © 2015 TreshCelestine Contains a few errors! My very first Wattpad story. Ellie Scott's parents died in an accident when she wa...
2.8M 161K 50
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...