The King's Little Flower (COM...

By charmed2gether

He was hard headed and mean. She was calm and patient. He was protective and possessive of what was his. S... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 3

25.2K 665 216
By charmed2gether

Melanie

The next morning I woke up and stretched. I didn't get much sleep because of what happened with the alpha. I pondered what he said. About how I was his mate and going to be the future luna one day. But I didn't think I wanted to be. But yet, at the same time, I did.

"Knock, knock." Dad called as he opened my door. "Got to get up. Apparently the alpha is wanting the whole pack to be up at his house by nine am. It's 8:45." He said. I sat up. "Do I have to go?" I asked, slipping out of bed and to my closet to grab sweatpants and a t-shirt. I took a shower last night so I was just going to change.

"People who heard said he seemed pretty serious about it. So I guess it doesn't hurt to go check out what he has to say." Dad shrugged. I sighed and ushered him out of my room. "Okay, okay. I'll be out in ten minutes." I said and closed my door to change and brush my hair.

As I got out of my bedroom, my dad and mom were standing at the end of the hallway, talking. "What do you think he's going to say?" My mom asked my dad in a hushed tone. "Some people said he's found a mate. But it's just rumors though." He responded. She sighed. "Do you think it's true? I pity the poor girl who'd be mates with someone like him. Granted it isn't his fault he ended up that way. But still." She whispered.

I gulped. I'm the poor girl who ended up being mates with him. I thought to myself before walking up to them. "Ready to go?" I asked. They nodded and we headed out the front door and to Alexander's house. It was only a two minute walk from our home.

When we got there. Alexander was standing in front of the crowd on some sort of raised platform. The platform seemed to be two or three feet off the ground. But from his height of 7'2", he really didn't need it. He towered over everyone in the pack and then some. So everyone could see him without it. I only stood at 5'4". So I was just about 2 feet shorter than him.

"Glad to see all of you here." He said in more of a bitter tone than a welcoming tone. Everyone grumbled. I heard one ask why we were here at nine in the morning. But Alexander didn't acknowledge the grumbling or the questions. "This'll only take a minute." He said finally after they all stopped.

His eyes scanned over the crowd until his ocean green eyes met mine and electricity ran through me. I couldn't take my eyes away. Couldn't make myself look away. "I wanted to introduce you guys to someone." He said, forcing himself to look away from me for a moment to look over the crowd again. It looked like it took some energy to look away from me. "If you haven't heard, I have found a mate. Some of you may know her since this is a smaller pack. But some of you don't. I really didn't know her until yesterday. But I knew she was my mate."

He looked back at me. "Would you like to come up here, Melanie?" He asked. Everyone turned to look at me. My parents gaped at me as I slowly walked up to him and he helped me up on the platform. That's probably why he's got the platform. Because I'm short. I thought to myself. Everyone's attention was on me and I didn't really like it. Some would but I don't.

"This is my mate and your new luna." He announced. I wrapped my arms around my waist and shifted uncomfortably under a hundred pairs of eyes. They all just stared at me and didn't do anything. Didn't say anything, didn't move. It was like they were all silently judging me. Or like I was a prize at an auction that nobody wanted but just liked to look at it.

Alexander wrapped an arm around me. Like he was trying to protect me from something. "That's all I would like to announce. Please respect her like you respected my father while he was alpha. I don't care if you all don't give me the same level of respect. But please respect your luna. Thank you." He said and everyone disbanded other than my parents who just stood there.

I wiggled out from his arm, hopped off the platform, and walked up to my parents. "You're the new luna?" Mom asked. I shrugged. "Yeah." I said quietly and looked down. "Well that's something.. exciting. Why didn't you tell us?" Mom asked, trying to fake enthusiasm. But I could tell she had worry in her voice. "I didn't want to believe it. I mean.. I didn't think I'd find a mate two weeks after my eighteenth birthday. I was still comprehending it myself." I whispered, trying to give a small smile but it failed.

Alexander walked up to us, towering over the three of us. And my dad was 6'5". "You must be her parents." He said with a calm voice. He seemed more calm and relaxed then he was two minutes ago. "And you're Alpha Alexander. I'm Brad." Dad said and extended his hand to him. Alexander took it and looked to mom. "Marge." She hesitantly said and did the same dad did and Alexander took her hand. "Nice to meet the both of you." Alexander said and looked down at me.

I looked up at him, craning my neck to meet his face. "You're extremely tall." I blurted. "Melanie Grace." Mom hissed. "You don't say stuff like that to your alpha." She said. Alexander smiled. "It's okay. I get that a lot. My dad was tall and... yeah." He said, and cleared his throat. I felt like he was about to talk about his mother but stopped himself. I mean I wouldn't want to talk about my abuser if I had one.

"I.. I was going to attempt to make breakfast. Would you care to join?" Alexander asked. My mom and dad were hesitant about answering. "We already ate food this morning before coming over. Brad and I." Mom said. Alexander nodded then looked at me. "What about you?" He asked.

I glanced at my parents but they had blank expressions. "Sure. I'd love to." I responded and looked up at him. He gave a small smile. "Well. We'll be back at our home if you need anything." Dad said. I looked back at my parents and mom mouthed a "be careful" to me before they headed off and Alexander and I walked back to his house. Which was bigger than mine.

"What do you like to eat? Pancakes? Eggs?" He asked. "I.. I don't really eat breakfast if I can help it." I said quietly. That was probably why I was so skinny. I rarely ever ate. "You never eat breakfast?" He asked. I shook my head no as we entered the home.

I gaped as I looked around the living room. The walls were a grey color and so where the couches. But it was big. There was a flat screen tv embedded in a cabinet thing in the wall and there were giant windows looking out to the woods next to the couch.

"It's.. It's too big for one person. The house, I mean." He said and motioned me to follow him into the kitchen. He seemed more calm then what others have said. He went into the fridge and pulled out a carton of eggs. He set them down and opened it to grab an egg. But the egg slipped out of his hand. "Dammit." He growled when it broke on the ground.

I grabbed the paper towels and wet one. He seemed really upset he did that. "Hey. Don't get angry. It happens to the best of us." I said as I bent over and washed up the broken egg of the ground and threw the paper towel and egg away.

"You don't have to do that. Stop." Alexander growled at me while I was cleaning it up. I looked at him. "What's got you in a sour mood?" I asked. He sighed and just turned away from me as he tried again with the eggs.

He finally got some eggs into the pan. I sat up on the counter to watch him. He glanced at me. "What?" I asked. He shrugged and continued with the eggs. "Nothing." He said.

Alexander

She was so beautiful. And I felt so calm with her. But what if she leaves? What if I push her away or hurt her? But she's mine. She's my mate and I won't allow anyone else take her. But what if I do hurt her?

As I finish the eggs, I plate them and give her a plate. "Thanks." She mumbled as I handed her a fork and she started eating. I only made enough for her so I put the pan in the sink and just leaned against the counter and watched her.

She glanced up at me and shifted. Like she was uncomfortable with me looking at her. "Is there something on my face?" She finally asked. She lifted her head and there was a small piece of egg.

I chuckled and reached over and wiped it away. But I quickly retracted my hand and my smile faded. "Are you okay?" She asked and set her plate down. I nodded. "I'm fine." I whispered. She hopped down from the counter.

Melanie was so short. She was probably 5'3" or 5'4". Which made her 2 feet shorter than me because I was 7'2". I was the tallest in the pack. But she was cute.

"Are you sure you're okay?" She asked. I nodded. "I am fine. Just a lot on my mind." I said in a hoarse whisper. I did have a lot of things on my mind. "Want to talk about it?" She asked. I quickly shook my head no and started to walk into the living room. "Alexander." She called after me.

"I said I'm fine!" I yelled at her. She jumped back and looked away. I opened my mouth to apologize and tried walking up to her but she whimpered and took a step back. "I'll.. I'll just go. I'm sorry." She whispered.

"Mel.. Melanie. I'm sorry." I said but she was already half way to the door. "Melanie don't go." I pleaded. "No. I see I've crossed the line.. I'll go." She said and closed the door behind her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

684K 15.6K 37
19 year old werewolf, Madeline Night has never had life handed to her. When her parents left her at the young age of 7 she learned quickly that she w...
390K 10.6K 64
"Do you think you could love him?" She asks me, hopeful. "If he was made for me don't you think he would be better to me, treat me like an equal? Don...
1K 59 24
She was a human, clueless to the supernatural world. She worked helping troubled youth, and loved helping people. She had chronic illnesses, and was...
391K 9.8K 17
I smelt something calming, like the smell of rain and vanilla and suddenly, a guy came in charging at Gabriel. Gabriel didn't have any time to react...