Insanity Is The Best Medicine...

By ListeningWoods

Four. Four different boys. Each infected with an unnaturally strong passion for the same girl. Each with mali... More

A/N before we start
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
An apology
AO3 (and a thank you!!)

Chapter 9

8.1K 281 283
By ListeningWoods

"I never gave him your number."

The sentence repeated in (Y/N)'s mind, all throughout study hall. Her eyebrows furrowed, completely bewildered.

He wouldn't lie, would he? And if Chiyo didn't give him my number, then how did he get it? Or is she just playing a trick on me? Question upon question played through the girl's thoughts as she pondered for an answer. Tapping the edge of her textbook, she sighed. I'll ask him during lunch..., she finally decided, giving herself a small nod of confirmation. A few minutes had passed by after her decision was made, when the bell rung, pulling her out of her thoughts. She sighed, happy to have the boring period of studying over with. Quickly packing her things, she stood from her seat, ready to leave, only to be stopped by Chiyo wearing her trademark cheeky smile.

"Ready to see four of your possible future boyfriends~?" she asked teasingly. (Y/N) huffed and rolled her eyes but couldn't help letting a small smile form, amused by her friend's jokes.

"I have no idea who you're talking about, because I'm heading to lunch to hang out with my platonic friends," she replied, hoisting the shoulder strap of her backpack onto her shoulder. Chiyo scoffed at her reply, unconvinced.

"Oh, c'mon dude. One of them is bound to fall for you," she said, confidently nodding at her statement. (Y/N) chuckled, looking at her friend with a questioning grin.

"What makes you so certain?" She asked.

"Dude, you're hot. I'd totally date you, but I don't want Eishun to be left out," she teased, turning to grin at her male companion, who had been walking beside them silently. Eishun sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Didn't you say that about two other girls yesterday? And a random guy walking his dog?" He asked the teasing brunette, who, in turn, laughed in response.

"Well, yeah, but (Y/N)s the hottest out of all of them. I'd whisk her away but I don't want to make her new guy friends jealous~," she laughed. (Y/N) joined her friend in her laughter, though she continued to deny her accusations with a shake of her head.

"Whatever, Chiyo," the (H/C) haired girl said, rolling her eyes with a smile. The three continued to make small jokes together as they made it to the doorway of the cafeteria. Pushing the metal door open, they were greeted with the loud conversations of the other people occupying the lunchroom. (Y/N) moved to go find a seat, as she usually did every day, until a hand stopped her by her shoulder. She looked back to see Eishun with a stern look on his face.

"You're eating today," he stated simply. (Y/N) chuckled and tried to pull free of his grasp, only to be held in place by his firm grip.

"C'mon, I'm not hungry, it'd just be a waste of food," the girl tried to reason, only to have her stomach betray her, a loud growl alerting her captor that she was lying. (Y/N) chuckled nervously as Eishun shot her a mockingly skeptical expression.

"Not hungry, huh?" He repeated the phrase to voice his knowledge about (Y/N)'s lying. He heaved a heavy sigh and began tugging his friend in the direction of the line of students, who were waiting to receive food. (Y/N) tried to shake her head and began to deny her hunger, only to be rendered silent as another loud growl erupted from her abdomen. She hung her head as she was dragged into the line, Chiyo's laughter feeling like mockery.

"I can't believe you made me buy so much food," (Y/N) groaned to her male companion, as she carried her tray of food, filled with multiple items. Eishun, who was walking beside her, simply shrugged at her complaining.

"You'll thank me later," he stated. "You never eat breakfast so this will give you the energy you need,"

"Or about as much energy cafeteria food can give you," Chiyo cut in with a giggle. Eishun glared at her, before sighing and repeating his originally intended sentence.

"As I was saying, this will give you the energy you need to make it through the day, without falling asleep in class, like usual," a scolding tone laced through his words, as the girl laughed sheepishly in response. As she was about to defend herself with a reply, her sleeve was caught by a foreign object, causing her walking to come to a halt.

Why do I keep getting stopped like this today? (Y/N) thought, slightly annoyed, before looking behind her, following the arm of the hand that was gripping her sweater sleeve to see Jun's familiar face. As soon as their eyes made contact, Jun jerked his hand away from her sleeve and quickly directed his gaze towards his biology textbook, which was opened across the table. (Y/N) looked away from Jun once she spotted familiar white hair from the corner of her eye. Takeshi smiled warmly at the (E/C) eyed girl as soon as she looked at him.

"Hello, (Y/N)," he nodded politely in greeting. (Y/N) shot him a smile in response.

"Hey, guys," she said, turning her body towards the two. A short cough made (Y/N) turn to look over, beside Takeshi, to find Hitoshi, awaiting a greeting from her. She smiled at the brunette. "Hey, Hitoshi. Didn't see you there," she greeted. Chiyo suddenly leaned over to her friend, cupping her hand over her ear, cause (Y/N) to almost drop her tray of food.

"Who's the cute brunette?" She whispered. (Y/N) sighed with a small smile, moving so that Hitoshi and her two companions could be in better view of each other.

"Chiyo, Eishun, this is Hitoshi. Hitoshi these are my friends Chiyo and Eishun," she introduced the three, gesturing to each as she stated their names. Chiyo smiled at Hitoshi and gave him a short wave of greeting, as she set her tray down on the table the three boys were seated at.

"Nice to meet you~" she said cheerfully. (Y/N) sat her tray down beside Chiyo's, being seated beside Jun, who had yet to say anything to her. Deciding that she wanted to talk to the black haired boy, given that they hadn't talk much ever since meeting, she turned to smile at him. Jun caught glimpse of the girl's grin and started to anxiously twiddle his thumbs.

"So, what's with the big textbook?" she questioned him, finding it difficult to find a topic to talk about with the quiet boy. This question drew a groan from the boy as he ducked his head.

"I have a test in biology next period and haven't studied at all," he sighed. Hitoshi shook his head at the sulking boy.

"That's because you wasted the whole night looking at those weird cat memes again," the steel eyed boy scolded him, causing Jun to flush in embarrassment at being called out by his older friend.

"You like memes?" (Y/N) questioned him, a smile forming on her face.

"Y-Yeah, they're funny, I guess," the boy answered, only sparing (Y/N) a short glance.

"Haha, yeah, I agree," she replied. Upon making this comment, Jun's head lifted to look at her. "And the cat's are so adorable," (Y/N) couldn't help but gush.

"You still- y-you like cats?" Jun questioned her. (Y/N) nodded in reply.

"Yeah! If my dad wasn't allergic, I would definitely get one," she told him with a smile. Jun's eyes held a strange glimmer as he watched the girl talk about the animal, a small, barely noticeable smile tugging at his lip and his cheeks turning ever so slightly pink. Chiyo, once again, leaned over to whisper in her friend's ear.

"He's totally going to be the first to fall for you~" she stated, a teasing grin falling across her features. (Y/N) rolled her eyes, still refusing to believe her accusations. Chiyo pulled back with a giggle and turned her attention to Takeshi." So, where's Seiji?" She asked. (Y/N) felt a sudden itch to ask about how the mentioned boy had gotten her number, but managed to surpress the urge so she wouldn't cause a scene, just in case Chiyo really was playing a prank on her. The brunette's question drew a scoff from Hitoshi.

"That idiot is probably off, getting himself into trouble again," he grumbled. Takeshi patted his friend's shoulder, before turning to answer.

"He's actually meeting with the president of the art club, to discuss joining," the albino stated with a smile. Chiyo nodded, firmly agreeing with the blonde's decision.

"He totally should," she said. (Y/N) nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, he has a real talent for drawing," the (H/C) haired girl said. Suddenly, she felt a finger poke at her back. She turned to see Eishun, leaning back and reaching behind Chiyo to poke at the girl. Once he grabbed her attention, Eishun pointed to the tray of food that laid untouched by (Y/N).

"Eat," was his simple order, as he left no room for argument, and turned back to his food. (Y/N) sighed and reluctantly ate the semi-unpleasant tasting cafeteria food.

The minutes of the lunch period seemed to fly by quickly. Soon, the bell was ringing, signaling everyone to leave to their classes. As (Y/N) started to move to join her friends in discarding their trash, Jun stood in her walkway, his face bright pink and his gaze directed at the floor. The blue eyed boy gripped nervously at his backpack straps, his glasses falling down his nose slightly. He took a deep breath and looked (Y/N) in the eye, momentarily surprising her, as this was the first time he had done so.

"W-Would you like to hang out later today?" He asked her. (Y/N) tilted her head.

"You mean with you and the others?" She asked, wanting clarification. Jun let out a huff of air, his small burst of confidence rapidly dwindling away, and his gaze falling back to the floor.

"N-No, I mean just the two of us..." he mumbled, making it somewhat difficult to hear. "There's a place I want to show you." (Y/N) smiled at him and immediately nodded her head in agreement.

"Sure! I'm sure it'll be fun!" She said, causing the boy to look at her, slightly surprised. Then, the largest smile the girl had seen grace the boy's features, granted still a small one, spread across his face.

"A-Alright! I'll meet you at the school gates, then," he said, and hurried off, before the girl could change her mind, leaving (Y/N) standing alone by the table.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.4K 1.4K 18
[yandere male harem x queen reader] You are a powerful ruler with the power of death. Your sister, who rules the land next to yours, invites you and...
1.8K 178 25
Original upload date: 24 February 2024 @NerezaAddington π™ˆπ™Šπ™‰π™Šπ™ˆπ˜Όπ™‰π™„π˜Ό: Exaggerated or obsessive enthusiasm for or preoccupation with one thing...
2.7K 125 31
You end up in a university and taking part in a mysterious program there you meet three handsome men who seems to be attracted to you. Even though yo...
8.2M 276K 92
After six new boys meet (Y/n), they begin an unhealthy obsession over the female and soon take it too far. There's not much chance of her escaping th...