quick as lightning

By Dreamsofdragons1

Piper Fray was normal, well...she didn't eat the stalk part of her broccoli but other than that she was norma... More

Sooooooooo
1. In which the twins are 18
2. Insight
3. Goodbye phone hello Heimlich
4- the goblet of huffelpuff
5. Twintuition
6. Kind of creature
7. Adjustments
8. Seeing through your eyes
9. Skin tight
10. truth time
11. Sweet tooth
12. A regular merida
13. Lions, tigers, werewolves oh my
14. Madmax
15. Lightwood's girlfriend
16. aVOIDance
17. Slapdown showup
18. Yes jace, since demons
19. Meet the parents
20. A role to play
22. Anger issues
22. A whole new world
23. Fugitive
24. Vines with attitude
25. Walk down memory lane
26. Stupid hearts
27. Once again missing
28. Teeth on lips
29. Taken
Hey peeps
Its me again
Intro to part 2
30. Return of the rebellious princess
31. Family vs. family
32. Fabulous five
33. No means no
35. Hideaway
36. Lightning strikes
37. Positively glowing
38. The newfound cousin
39. Stealing pain
40. Chaos rising
41. Another broken nose
42. Pilec...oh, and those other ppl
43. Saving magnus
44. Startling news
45. Secrets and lies
46. Medical mystery
47. All but one
48. Piper drowning ft. Lake lynn
49. In the rain
50. Paralized
51. A cure of blood
52. Almost the end of the line
53. Dragons or demons
54. Ending
YOU GUYS
55. A brave new world
56. Cold shoulder
What a surprise

34. Iron sisters and dates with misters

6.7K 164 12
By Dreamsofdragons1

I nearly fainted with joy as Isabelle, Clary, and I walked to the gates of the iron sisters. I had the faintest memory of coming here with my mother once. Her mother's sister was a iron sister if I focused hard enough I could almost see the woman.

"I always wanted to be an iron sister." Izzy grinned and I looked to the place in awe.

"Who wouldn't want to be one? I most defiantly would have joined but I couldn't exactly swear off Alec." I smirked and Clary raised her eyebrows. "What? Have you seen his hands?" I wiggles my brows and Clary covered her mouth and Isabelle made gagging noises.

"Hello, sister of the boy here." She pointed to herself and I rolled my eyes.

"You know I was thinking it." I smirked at her and she glared at me.

"I didn't want to." She glared back at me as we walked into the the gates a flicker of lights before women In white appeared, their swords drawn and pointed to us.

"State your names." One woman demanded and Isabelle spoke proudly.

"Isabelle ligbtwood."

"Diana Michaelson."

"Clarissa Fairchild."

Clary's name made them shift their eyes to eachother before going back to her. "Valentines daughter." The 'leader' spoke and Clary sighed.

"He May have help in my birth but he will never be my father, he killed my mother, did tests on my brother, killed my sisters family." Clary glances at me before looking back. "I want him gone just as much as you."

"We want to know why valentine stole the soul sword." I asked as they lowered their weapons letting us walk with them as lady Cleo spoke.

"The answers you seek rest in the sitadel But the sitadel Is way to fragile for any demonic traces to be held. So you must all go through a test to prove you are pure." She spoke and then each got handed a dress. I quickly changed, the thin fabric had a lace pattern atop it, so that when it became translucent I wouldn't be completely naked Atleast.

Clary went first, Izzy stopping her to say something before the blonde lay in the water. As the iron sister spoke words the water seemed to glow white for a few moments.

"Clary Fairchild, you are free of any demonic traces." She spoke and Clary emerged from the water happily.

I went next stepping into the water and floating on my back. The water hissed at my skin and soon bibles white, a red halo of hair floated around my head. "Diana Michealson you are free of any demonic traces." I stood, soaking wet beside Clary as Isabelle walked in.

She lay on her back and the same words were spoke before the water began to churn, black bubbles rising like a boiling pot of water. "Izzy!" I leapt in pulling the girl out of the water, fearing that she might have been injured or worse if she stayed in.

Izzy cling to me, panting for breath. "What happened?"

"There must be some sort of mistake." Clary shook her head in confusion.

"The water doesn't lie, unlike others." She pointed her gaze at Izzy and I stepped infront of her, putting an arm out as if to stop them from going at her.

"You can leave if you so wish?" The other iron sister informed me and Izzy shook her head.

"We need answers, you two go ahead, I'll wait here." Izzy instructed and I waited before she nodded in assurance "I'll be fine."

Clary and I walked beside Sister Cleo into the beautiful building. "The iron sisters make all shadow hunter weapons from pure atamus. But the soul sword was given to the first shadowhunter as a gift." The domed Celling

"The michealsons." I whispered and she nodded.

"The purpose of the sword was to command the truth, but there's a second purpose." She paused. "If one day the shadowhunters failed in their sacred duty the sword could be used to shine heavenly power and kill all demon-blooded creatures." She said and Clary's eyes widened.

"Your brother-Luke." Clary muttered and I rubbed my temples.

"So what has to happen for that to happen?" I groaned and they looked to me.

"A angel must wield the sword and the blade must get struck by lightning." Cleo said as we walked outside. "But you cannot tell the downworld, There would be too much panic, riots, rebellions."

The word rebellion made my skin crawl, my parents and brother had been killed in a rebellion and though I was young I could clearly remember this.

"There's something else, when I was saving my sister from a demon." She looked at me before turning back to Cleo "I shot sunlight from my hand." She drew the tune on her hand and golden sunlight beamed out.

"I've never seen anyone draw that rune before, it's nothing like I've ever seen." She shook her head and I got a pressuring headache.

"I think I have." I grinned as the vision ripples across my mind of my mother doing the exact same rune. "My mom, but she said it appeared to her-"

"As a vision." Clary breathed and I nodded.

After getting back to the institute we had down time for a little while, with no new information the shadowhunters stuck inside.

Piper was dancing through the hub in her pointe shoes. Purposely to annoy Aldertee, she smirked as she got in his way before blocking the screen and doing everything in her power to be on his last nerve. Alec just smiled at the girl before she leapt over the chairs perfectly landing infront of him.

"I see your having fun?" Alec asked the girl who pulled him after her towards the training room.

"I will in a few seconds." She handed him a remote. "You press play when I tell you." He nodded and she motioned to him, pressing play ballet music turned on.

She was in utter bliss, soaking in the music and pouring in soul. She balanced on one toe, straight leg up as her other one held impossibly up in the air before she spun. When the son was done she grinned at him.

"So, since we don't have a bare would you mind if I Uh." She motioned him up and Alec obliged as she held her leg almost parallel with the wall and put it on his shoulder. "Tell me about your day." She inquired and he sighed in mock thought.

"Well, see there's this girl, she's short, red hair, attractive, loves to annoy people." He told me as I switched legs. "And I want to ask her on a date tonight."

I grinned looking at him before wrapping a leg around his waist. "Oh really." I asked before he nodded.

"Yeah, how about 8:30?" He offered and I nodded before getting off of him and taking off my shoes.

"That sounds great, but actually I have a question." I asked, "I've been meaning to ask you for awhile."

"Yeah?"

"Remember the day we met, when you shot me with your bow?" I pointed to my arm and his face heated up.

"That definitely wasn't my finest moment, but Atleast it payed off." He shrugged and I rolled my eyes walking out of the room with him.

"You said you were distracted, you never told me by what." I crossed my arms and he looked at me before looking ahead.

"It was your eyes, the light hit them and it was like looking at all the colors I've ever seen in my life. It took my breath away." He ran his thumb across my jaw and I blushed looking down. "By the way, when I was out of it after trying to find Jace, I felt you were there. I heard you sing." Alec told me and I rubbed my arm awkwardly.

"My singing is a lot better when I'm not drained." I informed him and he started walking away.

"You can prove it tonight." Alec ran a hand through his dark hair before I watched him round the corner.

I ran into Izzy's room. "Izzy I'm going on a date." I shouted at the bewildered girl who almost instantly jumped from the bed like it was acid.

"We've got work to do." She steered me towards my room shoving me into the bathroom where I got into the warm water scrubbing my skin until it was red and washing my face and hair. I shaved my legs and armpits and exfoliated my skin. When I got out I blow dried my hair and walking into my room, wearing a towel.

"Let's say no makeup." Izzy nodded. "Your freckles are adorable, also you don't need it. Other than some chapstick and mascara." She shrugged before I looked at the large closet.

"I heard there's a date." Clary practically ran through the door with a grin. "I'm here for the judging panel." She sat on the bed beside Izzy as I began the process of trying on outfits.

It must have been almost two hours before finding what I was going to wear. High waisted jean shorts with a striped navy and white tank top with A dark red leather jacket. For accessories I had a black choker with black wedge heels. Half of my curled red hair was in a bun and the front pieces along with my baby hairs framed my face. My lips were glossy and eyelashes dark rimmed my multicolored eyes.

"How do I look?" I asked and they both high fives eachother.

"Perfect, Alec is going to love it." Izzy nodded.

"it's so you before shadowhunting." Clary sighed happily. "I remember when you got your first leather jacket." She messed with the worn leather and I sighed.

"That was after I got my tattoo." I shrugged and Izzy's mouth dropped.

"Now that I know shadowhunters I realize how much she acted like one. You can take the girl out of the shadow world but you can't take the shadow world from the girl." Clary spoked leading me to the door and I walked to the door pacing back and fourth waiting with the two sitting on my bed looking at me with pride.

A knock was heard and I opened the door to see Alec, dark crisp shirt and jeans with black leather jacket grinning at me. "Are you ready?"

I glanced back at the two ecstatic girls who motioned me out and turned back smiling. "Yeah." I nodded following him out of the institute.

"You look great by the way." He said as we walked down the sidewalk.

"You don't look so bad yourself." I said "this is what I would wear normally if I was .."

"Normal?" Alec raised his eyebrows and I nodded. "Do you miss it?"

I thought for a moment before shrugging. "Yes and no. I miss not being a normal girl who goes to dance school and out to the movies or to clubs. But normal is over rated." I smirked looking at a mundane. "I'd hate to be a mundie."

He lead me into the hunters moon. "I've never had a chance to be normal." Alec admitted as we both got drinks from the bar. "So I wouldn't know." We walked to the pool table where he racked while I looked at the pool sticks.

"Broken bones, bloody noses, the flu, and lots of homework." I summarized and he shook his head.

"Broken bones must have been the worst, to wear a cast for ages." He took first shot getting one in and hen walking around the table.

"Actually, before I got this jacket I decided that I wanted to climb the flagpost in school." I smiled at the memory. "Simon and Clary watched me in horror as I made it to the top and glued Nancy Hidgen's period supplies to the top. She had previously bullied me for about two years"I said the last bit to not seem like a mean girl. "I fell all of twelve feet and broke my arm."

He winced, as if feeling my pain before making another ball in. "It's just like shooting a bow." He said cockily.

I smirked, ooh how he was going to get played. I purposefully acted awful on my turn and he chuckled. "Let me help you." He said and stood behind me placing his hands on the stick outside my own and 'helping' me make one in.

"Like that?." I smiled and he nodded.

"That was great, do you understand now?" He asked and I put the butt of the stick on the ground holding it in one hand as I sipped from my drink.

"I think I got it now." I nodded and he smiled, putting his hands up and backing up.

"Of course." He said as if he didn't believe me, I liked the pool sick up before making a perfect shot knocking three in and walking around the table shooting two more.

Alec looked utterly shocked and I laughed. "If you can't find the one being hustled it's usually you." I winked and his grin grew as he raised his eyesbrows.

"Oh you wanna go? Let's go." He challenged before lining up his shot. I stood slightly behind him and as he went for the shot I ran my hand lighting through his hair and he missed he shot badly and I grinned quickly moving to the other side to line up. "That's cheating!"

"Is not, I didn't once touch the table." I defended as he walked around towards me.

"Fine, lets play dirty then." He put his hands lightly on my hips and I payed no attention as I drew back and went for the hit, right before the stick hit the ball his fingertips danced up my sides and I shivered under his touch hitting his ball in by accident.

"Okay that's not even fair, you know my sides are my weak spot." I narrowed my eyes at him and he shrugged innocently.

"Could have slipped my mind." He smiled at my scowl.

"Could have slipped my mind." I mocked him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

282K 5.8K 30
Yvanna Abigail Wayland is the younger twin sister of the notorious Jace Wayland. She is more of a rule follower than her rule breaker brother. When s...
526K 12.7K 32
Echo Fairchild, older sister to Clary Fray, knows about the Shadow World. The day that Clary turns 18, is a day that she would never forget. Secrets...
26.2K 678 20
Zoey Frey is the twin sister to Clary Frey. On their 18th birthday, their lives get turned upside down. While Clary learns that her memories of an un...
176K 3.1K 24
Clary and Jace break up. She leaves, and after few years she's been sent to the New York Institute. What will happen when she comes back? Is she sti...