Living With The Wheeler Boys

By alyklugh

{Disclaimer: Needs major editing and possible chapter rewrites... I'll get to it eventually.} Erika Thomson t... More

Story Blurb
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Epilogue
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Will There Be A Sequel?

Chapter XXIX

1.1K 27 8
By alyklugh

Chapter Twenty-Nine // You saved yourself Erika

I looked at her slightly shocked by the question and I cleared my throat.

"Well." I began. "We are a species who's afraid of being alone right?" I asked and she nodded. "So I think we fall in love because we don't want to be alone and when we truly love someone you don't feel alone." I said. "We love because we know we can, we weren't destined to be emotionless I don't think we are here to live alone. I think we're here to enjoy life to breathe with someone else. I think we were placed here to save lives and to make them see the world in the light."

She nodded. "Just like how you saved me." She whispered smiling at me.

"I didn't save you." I shook my head. "You saved yourself Erika." I shook my head.

"If you didn't find me Jayden I would be dead. I would've proved everyone right, you saved me." She said shaking her head at me.

"But you choose to continue breathing ever since they revived you." I pointed out and she became quiet.

"You still saved me Jayden." She looked up at me and I wanted to deny it.

"Then you saved me." I said.

"How?" She asked confused.

"You made me wanna feel again." I pulled her closer to me.

"Really?" She sounded slightly surprised and I nodded.

"Hmmm." She hummed.

I moved a strand of hair and that's when she surprises me.

"I want a haircut." She said suddenly and I was taken back. 'What?"

"I want my hair cut to my shoulders." She said grabbing onto her long hair then looking at it.

"Fine." I said. "Tomorrow you will get your wish." I said and she grinned then kissing me.

"Thank you for not getting upset. I feel like I've just holding back and my long hair is a reminder of my dark days. I want a fresh start." she said and I understood.

She amazed me in so many way.

I kissed her nose and she hugged me.

I walked with her upstairs and we laid on my bed.

She cuddled with me and she slowly started to drift off. "I wanna stay like this for a little while longer." She muttered then falling asleep.

I kissed her head and fell asleep as well.

+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+

"Turkey day! Turkey day!" Eli sang as he danced to the table with plates to set down.

My mom always wanted to have everyone dressed up and we all did it for her.

I fixed my tie in the mirror downstairs and looked at my hair. It never behaved properly when I needed it to. I decided hell with it and washed the gel out.

Erika passed by in a white dress and I took a step back to look at her yet again.

Her hair was waved and to her waist just how I remembered it.

"Katie?" she called out looking slightly lost.

I watched as she looked helpless.

"She's in the kitchen." I then say and she jumped ever so lightly.

"Jayden." She breathed. "You scared me." She smiled then and I saw her feel reassured. "Thank you." She nodded and I grinned at her.

She made her way downstairs

I dried my hair once again and fixed it yet again and this time it worked.

I smiled pleased with myself and made my way to the kitchen.

This time when I saw her, her hair was to her shoulder, waves in all.

I tilted my head unsure how I felt about it.

She grinned at me. "Do you like it?" She asked me running towards me.

I grinned at her and finally deciding I nodded. "I love it."

I kissed her nose and she grinned even harder. "I love you." She wanted to remind me.

"I know you do. Who doesn't?" I smiled and she rolled her eyes.

"You're too cocky sometimes." She admitted.

"Well babe it because you make me too cocky." I said.

Her face reddened by the nickname I choose to say. "When are you asking me out?" she then asked.

"When you decide to stay here and not go back to the hospital." I asked her.

"When I decided to get better the whole way." She answered and I pulled her closer to me.

"Well when you decide to stay here I will." I whispered.

"Ok." She frowned slightly.

I grabbed her hands and looked at the ring on her fingers. "What did Bella say to you?" I asked.

"She apologized Jayden." She looked at me, I felt her eyes watching me.

"You cried." I said rubbing the palm of her hands then.

"She told me that she didn't mean any harm Jayden. She told me that the only reason she did what she did was to get you. There was a bet going around saying that Bella could be with you between the group of girls. She was so determined that she didn't care who was in her way. She didn't care until you told her something. You made her realize that what she did was truly wrong. She told me that she may not be able to forgive herself from all the pain that she put me through. She told me that I inspired her, that I was strong enough for anything and I hugged her and told her that I was ok that everything she did was ok." She looked at me and I saw her honest eyes. Her eyes told me the truth and for once they were pure and happy. She was happy.

I looked down at her dress and shook my head. "Erika you know that's going to get a stain on it." I said.

She groaned and nodded. "You're right." She nodded amused. "Hayden!" She called.

Hayden jumped up from the couch and looked at her.

"What are you drinking?" She asked.

I gave her a funny look confused on what she was getting at.

"Grape juice." he said looking at her with my same expression.

"Do you really wanna finish it?" She asked him.

"Depends. Why?" He asked.

She grinned motioning for us to follow.

She walking into the grass, her feet bare, her hair blowing in the chilled november weather.

"Ok now come here and throw it!" She yelled.

Hayden didn't think before throwing the juice onto her dress and then held the cup in his hands.

My mouth dropped as I watched the grape juice spread on her white dress./

"Erika!" I pointed. "What did you just do?" I asked.

"I'm adding color." She grinned ever so simply.

"Why?" I asked her still stunned.

"My life in the hospital has been to black and white Jayden. I wanna have fun!" She cheered and just as I'm not expecting it everyone comes out throwing foods that could easily stain your clothes.

I somehow find myself smiling and throwing food as well and drinks.

Erika grabbed a tomato then squeezing it on top of my head.

I grinned and took it then pulled it down and, moving my hand to her cheek. Her eyes once intense to soft and steady.

I moved my face halfway waiting for her to come the next half.

She grinned the pulling me down to her level.

I felt the sparks fly high and I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her up to me.

I felt her lips turn into a smile against my lips.

Her hands wrapped around my neck and then to my hair.

We both were stuck into each other that we didn't notice that we were left alone then.

I set her down on the ground again and she grinned at me, wiping away something on my lips.

"Whoops." She grinned.

I gave her a look confused.

"I got my lipstick on you." She stated then taking my hand as we walked towards the woods.

I pulled her back. "Erika please be my girlfriend."

She grinned. "Mmmm." She thought and that's what caused me to get even more nervous. "Why not." She shrugged and winked at me, allowing me to know that she was kidding with me about her questioning.

+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+

We sat at the table and Erika situates herself in new clothing as well as I do. She's now in a shorter dress that's tight and a red.

Erika looks up at Maggie and smiles but then quickly looks down at her plate which has food separated from one another.

I grabbed her hand under the table and squeezed her hand so she would look at me.

Her icy blue eyes found mine and she looked somewhat surprised at me. Her eyes had question in them and I fell deeper for her.

"Yes?" She mumbled as the rest of the family talked to everyone else.

My thoughts were interrupted when Sam stood up pouring Maggie's cup with white wine and I saw the ring on the bottom.

"Here Mag." Sam handed it to her then passing around drinks for everyone else that could drink.

"Oh I can't drink this." Maggie said pushing it forward.

"Yes you can. It's a special occasion and it's not enough to get you drunk." He shook his head and I saw him about to panic.

"No Sam. I can't." She said shaking her head.

"Why?" He asked he looked at me trying to get plan B.

"Because I'm pregnant." She said.

It must not of registered to Sam because he then said, "Oh she can't drink it because she's pregnant." then sitting down like it wasn't news to him.

"Ahhh!" Mom said throwing her arms up in the air and the rest of the boys.

I looked at Erika then and there was a smile, but she wasn't as cheerful, she was looking at Maggie and Maggie gave her a quick smile then mouthing 'thank you'.

"You knew didn't you?" I muttered to her.

She grinned. "She was trying to figure out how to tell Sam and then this happened."

"He was trying to propose to her, the ring is in the cup Erika." I whispered.

Her eyes widened. "Marriage." Her voice was hushed as well.

I nodded and she frowned. "How's he going to ask her now?" She asked me.

I was about to tell her that I had no clue until Sam shot up from his seat.

"Your pregnant!" He exclaimed pulling her up from her seat and picking her up. He kissed her while setting her down. Sam was never into PDA but somehow he forgot we were here.

She grinned at him and he then paused lost in thought.

"What's wrong?" Sammi then asked.

"I was going to ask her to marry me, the ring was in the glass cup. It's ruined now." He sighed. "I didn't think this would happen. The worst I thought that could happen was you choked on the ring but now my own proposal's ruined." he sighed then sitting down disappointed.

Maggie suddenly began to cry. "You were going to propose?"

Sam nodded looking at her. "Yeah." he put his hand in the white wine not caring and then showing the ring. "I was going to add diamonds by the amount of children we had. See we already have two, for me and you." He said pointing to the ring.

Maggie grabbed it from him and looked at it closely.

"Once I was done with college for becoming a doctor I was going to get a better ring."

She shook her head tears now storming down her cheeks. "No I love this one. It has so much meaning to me." she whispered.

Sam got up and looked at her. "Are you saying yes?" he asked somewhat shocked.

"Is that even a question, I've always wanted to marry Sam. More than I've wanted anything." Maggie said quickly wiping away her tears. "I didn't care about how you performed the proposal either, being with you is the best thing I have ever had. I've been waiting too long for you to ask me for goodness sakes. I was waiting since I fell in love with you and now I'm not falling anymore more like my love is growing. My heart flutters and get's scared as hell but at the same time it feels good. Knowing that I can spend the rest of my life with you makes me so happy, makes me know that I won't be alone. Samuel I love you more than I could ever express and now I'll be able to show you for the rest of our lives." her eyes watered more and Erika suddenly looked at me. Almost like she was telling me something too but she quickly looked away and back at Maggie and Sam.

Sam stood there speechless and then laughed. "Mags I was supposed to profess my love to you not you professing it to me."

"Shut up Sam and kiss me for god sakes!" She pulled him into her and they kissed causing us boys to then groan.

They quickly separate and with Sam's shaking hands he placed the engagement ring on her left hand, ring finger. "For forever." he spoke softly.

"Forever." she whispered back.

+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+

One Month Later....

Erika's P.O.V

I went back to the hospital and for one month I got better and I felt like I was alive, one more month not spending every waking moment with the Wheeler's, but the visited once a week. But today the doctor released me.

I get back and everyone is happy I'm able to stay with them, Maggie is getting bigger and Sam is getting happier every minute. Katie has been distracted about the wedding that she forgot about going to Alaska to see her family.

I told her I didn't feel comfortable going and so she's allowing me to stay in Colorado.

The triplets turned eighteen the next week when I went back to the hospital so I missed Jayden's birthday, he too is staying here and Katie seems ok with it. She trusts both of us to be on our best behavior.

They left just hours before and the house was silent.

"I wanna go camping." I muttered snuggling closer to Jayden on the couch.

"Do you really?" he sounded surprised.

"Only for a weekend." I said.

"How about four days." He tried to persuade me.

"I'd be fine with that." I said matter of factly.

Jayden jumped up and began packing. I sighed knowing he'd want to leave by tonight so I got up as well and began to pack, warm though.

+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+

"Jayden it's getting darker." I muttered trying to warm myself up as a breeze passed by me.

It was sleeting, no snow until later tonight and I felt the sleet sink into my oversized hoody.

"I'm almost done Erika. I'm trying baby. I really am." he said and I felt my cheeks burn.

I felt my teeth chatter against the top to bottom and I began to pace to warm myself up.

Our stuff was in the back of the truck with a tarp over it.

"Jayden." I said as my teeth chattered.

He hammered one side down and got up then opening up the tarp from the back.

"We can go in now." he said grabbing my stuff and his and I grabbed our sleeping bags.

I went in the tent that was meant for six people.

"Are you hungry?" Jayden asked blowing up the air mattress.

"How can you even cook when it's sleeting?" I asked.

"Are you hungry?" He asked again.

"No I'm good." I said then sitting on the hard ground.

"Are you still cold?" He asked me then and I sighed at him worrying too much.

"Yes but I'll be fine." I said shaking my hand.

"I have a sweatshirt you can wear." he said pointing to his bag behind me.

"Jayden really I'm fine." I said shaking my head.

He got up and handed me his sweatshirt he was wearing instead.

"What about you?" I asked looking at him confused.

"I'm wonderfully great, I was starting to get hot anyways." He admitted. "And you have taught me not to believe when you say you're fine." He said pulling his hair back once again and then placing sleeping bags on the bed.

"Katie won't like us sleeping on the same bed." I commented, more afraid of what could happen between us.

"Fine then I'll sleep on the ground."

"No." I shook my head. "I will."

"Erika." He sighed. "Why do you have to be complicated." he groaned.

"Because I love you that's why." I said looking at him.

"I'd do anything for you, you know that right. If you asked me to jump off a cliff for some reason, I'd jump. You're just being stubborn." Jayden shook his head and something in his voice made me think.

If he asked me to do something would I do it? "You wouldn't do everything I ask of you." I said.

He looked at me and laughed. "I would. The question is would you?" He asked causing me to silence myself.

+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+

"I'm not afraid Jayden." I hissed.
"Don't lie to me E." Jayden looked at me.
"I'm not Jayden. I can jump off this cliff and into the water if I wanted too." I laughed.
"Then do it. Jump Erika." He tested me.
I smiled at him and then backed up into him because I got nervous and noticed how far down it was.
"You got scared." He smiled then and I turned to face him.
"Wasn't there a little girl that once told me to stop caring and worrying. Being careless and reckless was your specialty." Jayden had something in his eyes that caught me off guard.
"I didn't want to get hurt then Jayden. I didn't want those feelings to come out so I tried to stop them. But here's a little secret. You can't turn off those feelings Jayden. You can only bottle them up for so long." I whispered. "So why don't you stop acting like you don't care and show me. Show me the Jayden that was-" He kissed me instantly and lifted me off the ground.
"Shut up Erika just shut up." He whispered and I inhaled a breath.
"Jayden!" I exclaimed slapping his chest. "You can't just kiss someone like that!" I snapped.
"I can do as I please Erika." He then stared out into the water faced me, who still was shocked at what happened, and then stepped back into the frigid water.
"Jayden!" I screamed and looked at where he made a splash and I waited for his head to pop up but I didn't see him.
I jumped into the water and popped up when I felt someone grab my waist.
"I can't swim!" I screamed panicking to stay afloat.
"You jumped in E. You thought I drowned and so you'd risk your life trying to save me. So that kiss meant a whole lot more if you'd jump into water not able to swim. That's some fucked up Romeo and Juliet shit." Jayden had anger but also had a hint of surprise in his eyes.
"Ahhhh!" I screamed and tried to push him off for thinking too much but he held onto me tightly.

He laughed and pulled me to shore.

It was frigid and I saw my fingers turn different colors.

"I think I need to change." I whispered and he nodded understanding, he grabbed my hand and we made our way back to the tent.

"About what I said yesterday-" he began and I shook my head.

"I was questionin it myself Jay." I whispered. "It wasn't just you and it wasn't the kiss that made me do that, if I'd lost you then I think I would loose it." I said pulling him closer to me as we walked in the snowy ground.

We reached the tent and changed at opposite sides of the tent.

Once I was done I saw Jayden just having sweats. My mouth opened slightly and I quickly turned myself around and took in a deep breathe. Oh shit. 

A/N: I never thought this day would come, only three chapter's left. Get ready guys! Since the last two chapters are finished being written and I'm writing that last chapter as we speak I thought, why not publish another chapter. I hope you guys enjoy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 124 21
Ever since his father passed away Keith lived in a world full of darkness. Not only had he no father, he also didn't have any friends to share his pa...
795K 19.6K 33
"I love you so much Nicole.." she said then started coughing again "I love you to mom" I cried "Don't cry I wan't you to stay strong for me" she said...
189K 3.7K 17
𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐦𝐧 𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧 is 17 years old, who is from London, and is forced to move to Canada with her abusive father. She's been through so much...
30 0 67
Ethan + Iria, until death do us apart and we meet in hell. You could say it was the original promise, the one they got tattooed on their skin and, ab...