Born Of Ashes

By CarbonMoon

The Unmated Ball only happens once every generation. The next heir to the throne needs a mate! The next just... More

Preface
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
A/N
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
*A/N
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
*A/N
Chapter Twenty-Three
*A/N
Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
The First Burning
*A/N Please Read Me!!!
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Cain's Story
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
PLEASE READ ME!!
Update on things!
The Great Tree
Chapter 31
Rewrite

Chapter Sixteen

42.4K 1.5K 125
By CarbonMoon

Chapter Sixteen

Iris’s POV

“You need to control your emotions move,” Abby frowned dabbing at my burns.

“Well I didn’t know that if I cried I would burn,” I huffed. “It’s never happened before,” I pointed out.

“It did when you were little,” Abby said examining the red marks.

“But why does it even happen?” I asked. “I am like fire so why do I burn?” I frowned.

“Because first of all you are in a human form so therefore you can burn,” she pointed out. “Second think about it,” she looked at me. “You’re natural body temperature runs higher than a human and even a werewolf.” She said.

“So when surly that should mean my tears shouldn’t burn,” I said.

“Wrong,” she said.

“Then explain it to me,” I wanted to scream.

“Right,” she sighed. “You know when you cry, like real tears, they are hot right?” I nodded thinking about the hot angry tears that you can sometimes have. “Well it makes sense that yours burn if everyone else’s is hot, you know?” she shrugged. I nodded kind of understanding.

“Will they scar?” I asked.

“I think not,” she smiled.

“Why are you not at dinner?” Robbie burst in to my room. “Who is that?” he stopped mid-step looking at Abby. “Oh wait you’re that witch,” he nodded to her before turning his gaze on me. Something clicked. “WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO YOUR FACE?” his voice boomed as his eyes turned midnight black.

He ran over to me and pushed Abby out of the way. “Tell me,” he growled.

“Nothing,” I turned my head away from him but his hands pulled me back. I sighed. “Robbie it is nothing,” I looked at him sternly trying to calm the fear that was raging inside me.

“Then why do you have burns on your face?” he snapped.

“Because she is a Phoenix dip shit,” Abby got up brushing off her knees. “God I hate werewolves,” she muttered as Robbie snarled at her. I flinched looking anywhere but Robbie’s onyx clad gaze. “You know that you are scaring her?” Abby crossed her arms and raised at eyebrow.

“Leave,” Robbie barked.

“Err how about...” she looked thoughtfully. “No.” She glared at him.

“I said leave,” he snarled low in his throat.

“You forget I am not a werewolf so I do not abide by your rules,” she laughed at him.

“I am a future King,” he stood in front of her towering over her like a skyscraper but still she stood her ground.

“I never did like werewolves but werewolf Princes are the worst,” she rolled her eyes.  “You do not get it dog,” she looked at him in disgust. “I do not care that you are the future King of the Dogs. I only answer to the triple Goddess, my high Priestess and Iris,”

“Wait why me?” I asked.

Abby rolled her eyes. “You don’t get it,” she sighed. “You and the rest of the elements are the most powerful things to walk the earth! In the eyes of the Witches you are walking Gods and Goddesses. So this mutt here is nothing compared to you and shouldn’t be scaring you,” he glared at the confused looking Robbie.

“I don’t understand,” Robbie muttered under his breath.

“Abby,” I looked at her. “Please may I have a moment with Robbie?” I gulped down my fear.

“Fine talk to the mutt,” she sighed leaving the room muttering things under her breath.

“Can you please try to calm down?” I asked fear cracking through my voice. He took a deep breath and nodded.

“I will try,” he said.

“Okay,” he gave a small smile. His eyes were still coal black but he looked calmer than before. “I would like to know something,” I said looking at my hands resting in my lap.

“What is it?” he took my hand, I flinched looking up. I saw hurt flash through his eyes before he gave me a small smile.

“I want to know, what is with the eyes going black thing?” I asked pointing at his eyes. He closed them and when he reopened them they were there emerald green again.

“It’s a werewolf thing,” he shrugged. “It’s my wolf, when he gets mad he takes control and I am like a puppet and I can’t stop him from doing anything.” He said. “It’s like I am watching from the back of my head, I cna see what is happening but I can’t control what I do or say,”

“So this happens only when you are angry?” I asked.

“No,” he gave me a cheeky grin.

“Do I want to know?” I asked.

“Err No,” he grinned. “I also lose it a little bit more as the Full Moon gets closer,”

“Why, the full moon?” I asked. “I’ve always wanted to know,”

“Wait but I don’t get it,” Robbie said puzzled.

“What?”

“You grew up in a werewolf pack,” he said. “You’re an Alpha’s Daughter, how the hell did he get around you never shifting and the first shift of Harper?” he asked.

“Well we lived away from the pack and my father always told me that females are unlikely to shift so I just thought it was just normal and as I got older I realized I wasn’t normal and thought I was some kind of genetic freak and that’s why I couldn’t shift,” I shrugged.  “Turns out I am a Phoenix instead,” I laughed.

“Oh,” he said.

“So tell me why the full moon,” I asked.

“Well it all started with the first,” he said shifting in his seat. “There were two slaves brothers -

There were two slave brothers at the beginning of time. The immortals had taken their village when the youngest was just six year of age. It was a time of darkness because fire was missing from the world and a darkest had begun to spread. The two brothers had known nothing of summer or spring but only the dead of winter and the chill of autumn.

The brothers had witnessed their mother being slaughtered by their master so they came up with a plan. One day when the Immortals were off slaughtering the hope of the humans and harvesting it for the Spirit the brothers escaped into the woods. They wondered for a whole night upon stumbling on a small house did they finally stop. The youngest brother was weary of the house but the oldest did not care of the danger and ran to the door. He hammered loudly and woke the mistress of the small house.

The woman was no normal woman; she was a witch, the old kind, the ones that show no compassion for the worries of humans. The woman was not happy that they had woken them for her slumber but let them in anyway. The two brothers explained their story and the witch sat and listened. After they had finished she offered them a deal. They could either be free or get revenge.

The oldest thought for half a second, before replying with na evil glint in his eye. “I want revenge,” the old hag nodded before turning to the younger, the wisest brother. He had thought long and hard before finally giving up his answer. He sighed “I just want to be free,” the hag smiled showing her yellowing teeth.

She asked for the youngest brother’s hand, he gave it to her. She took a knife and cut his palm, crimson blood gushed from the open wounded. She they asked the oldest who was now less willing to hand it over but he did. She repeated what she had done to the youngest however instead of scarlet blood gushing out a think black substance oozed from the wound.

She took the youngest brothers blood and put into a sliver cup. She offered it to the oldest and told him to drink he did, and then the witch took the oldest brother’s black blood and coated her knife in the blood. She told the youngest brother to eat a leaf from the moonseed plant so he did. She gave the knife to the youngest brother and told him to be free he must kill the person who he thinks is keeping him a prisoner. The younger brother refused so she offered it to the older brother and said kill the boy that stands in your way of revenge.

The older brother looked at her confused. She said that you would only give him what he wishes if the younger brother kills the man who stands in his way of freedom. Realisation dawned on the younger brother, it was him that he had to kill and so the younger brother fled from the house as fast as he came.  This first werewolf was made by running.

_________

So new chapter! I don’t like it much but here it is.

So

VOTE

COMMENT

AND

FOLLOW!!

Ps check out my blog which is called Carbon Moon I put all your covers up on there

Abbie

Xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.3K 754 25
Willow Ashen is a white wolf and never thought it was possible for her to get a mate as no one would be able to match her power... or so she thought...
1M 9.2K 7
Completed..... (This book is now moved from Wattpad to Novelcat. Only sample chapters are available here.) #Won 3rd prize in Werewolf contest held by...
245K 12.3K 67
"I'm going to erase and replace that man-every man-from your mind," Alexander's grip on me tightens. A snarl escaping his lips to remind me exactly w...
1.4M 43.2K 54
❝He has a heart of stone. I have a heart of glass. I just have to pray mine won't shatter...❞ ******** The werewolf world is brutal. From the moment...