Power and Wisdom

By danynickole

Athena Celeste just moved into a new town and is still living out of her car. Looking for a job she lands the... More

PaW Meeting Jiro
PaW Groceries and Trolleys
PaW Meet the... Kids?
PaW Cleaning the Kitchen
PaW Trying to Win
Power and Wisdom
Power and Wisdom
Chapter 8
PaW The next morning
PaW Breakfast
PaW The Human
PaW Anger
PaW Dinner
PaW A Week
PaW Movies heck yea!
PaW
PaW How?
PaW Aftermath
getting rid of the human
P&W Undies in a bunch
PAW Gone
PAW Gone Part 2
PaW Without Her
PaW miserable
PaW close call... or not
PaW adding up
not a chapter
PaW Tears and Confusion
PaW desparate
PaW
PaW
PaW not so alone
Take me Instead
Realization
Paw all the kisses
Paw Inside a crazy man's head
PaW confusion
welcoming party
cooking
unanswered questions
awkward
Warric's turmoil
Bon fire
Unintentional eavesdropping

PaW Calming the Alpha

34.9K 568 49
By danynickole

It had been a few days since their wolf sleepover and the four of them decided to keep the knowledge to themselves. They knew Warric would freak and if they told Hackett and Oakley they would surly blab to him unintentionally. Nobody wanted that blowup. Kennard wasn't told because he seemed 'sensitive' and they didn't want him to have a tantrum either.

Yesterday however, Thina thought she heard someone in the hallway while she was in her room talking to Jiro about packs and different customs. When she looked out into the hall nobody was in sight so she just took it as she was hearing things.

She learned about betas and alphas and what every-ones job was in the pack. She knew enough from stories and movies to ask questions and found out that while most was close to true it wasn't always completely true. As to why everyone was always sniffing her, she learned that she smelled yummy. Horrified that she could have been someone's snack when she arrived in a home full of half wolfs Jiro assured her it was not in the snacking way it was in a mate way. Well that really wasn't much better. He then told her that she didn't have to worry because none of the guys were her mate because they would know by now and she was human so it was very unlikely that she would ever be a werewolf mate.

Humans and Werewolf's were hardly ever mates. It was very rare and that the last known pair of human - were mates was a hundred years ago. That humans weren't strong enough to be a werewolf mate and that it usually ended up killing the human.

Thina was in the kitchen putting the mess for lunch away before she called everyone to eat. She knew that she could just call out the back door and if they were in their territory that she would be heard. It was her infamous sandwiches today. Homemade bread with thick sliced turkey and fresh mozzarella cheese melted and toasted in the oven with fresh tomatoes and spinach leaves. The mess was picked up and it was time to take the sandwiches out to put the fresh ingredients on them.

Thena walked to the back door and yelled out into the yard, "LUNCH TIME!" and went back to getting the drinks and chips out.

The back door slammed shut and she turned with a smile on her face to see a pissed off Kennard. "Where are your guard dogs now Bitch!?" He sneered at her.

Taken aback by his tone she replied with "Excuse me?"

"I know you know about us!" He retorted. Before she could get another word in she felt a pain in her jaw from his fist. She didn't even have time to recover before she was being held up by her throat and her legs dangling. The back of her knees were touching the island with lunch on the counter he was holding her so high up.

He was still shouting at her but her mind was still reeling from the punch she had received and the lack of oxygen from being strangled that she couldn't understand him.

New voices could be heard shouting now and she fell to the floor as someone tackled Kennard to the ground. Gasping for breath she looked up to see Jiro checking her over to see how badly she was hurt and looked to the doorway as she seen Garrette and Gavvine dragging an unconscious Kennard towards the stairs. At first she thought the thump thump thump she heard was her heart beating but when she seen Kennard sliding down the stairs she knew it was him thumping half way down them.

Chuckles and giggles of  'OOPS!' and 'Musta slipped outta my hands' were heard.

"Woah!"

"What happened!" Oakley and Hackett shouted in excitement.

"Go get your lunch and take it to your rooms. Do Not come out until told to do so!" Jiro commanded to them.

"AWWW-MAN! we never get to know any of the good stuff!" They whined at the same time.

"Pups!" Jiro shouted again and they finally did as they were told.

A few minutes later she was settled on the couch with an ice pack on her left jaw. Garrette and Gavvine had came back in saying that he was in his room in a heap on the floor with the door locked from the outside.

The twins checked her over again and it was time to explain what had happened in the kitchen. Once she was done the boys were all shaking in anger.

All at once they started to shout and pace the room with their fists clenching and unclenching.

Five minutes later she seen Warrics new silver Mercedes SLS-Class AMG Coup zip into his spot in the driveway. She groaned throwing her hands into the air because she knew it was now going to be worse. How was she supposed to tell him that his brother hit her? And Why? Was he going to see her as a problem maker and toss her out? The guys didn't even notice the purr of the engine or the slam of the car door as he made his way to the house.

Athena held her breath as she heard the front door open and close softly. "Wow great werewolfs you mutts are with 'super hearing' PFT!" She muttered under her breath.

Warric was now standing in the doorway watching the guys pulling at their hair with an amused look on his face. "So who lost the bet this time?"

All three of the boys froze where they were. Panic was evident on their faces and they all started to slowly back towards me in a protective manner. Warric was obviously confused at their actions and took a step towards us. "What is going on here" his voice was low and deep with a threatening undercurrent. "Move"

They all hung their heads and moved out of his way. Muttering almost apologetically about how it was Kennard and how he punched me and held me in the air by my neck.

Warric was kneeling in front of me looking at the slight bruises on my neck and looking at my jaw while they were telling him what had happened.

I took this time to look at his face. His face was angled and strong. A slight stubble was dusted along his jawline begging me to lick it... Wait what?! I certainly do not want to lick him! Bad thoughts! I must still be lightheaded from the lack of oxygen to my brain!

I was looking at his silver eyes as he registered what they had said about how it was Kennard. I seen his eyes flash black and then back to a bright silver. "WHAT!!" It was a harsh growl and everyone but me flinched. I was too mesmerized by his eyes.

He sprung to his feet barreling through all three standing in his way. I heard a door being ripped off its hinges with a vicious snarl accompanying it. That seemed to snap us all out of shock.

"OH MY GOD HES GONNA KILL HIM!" The twins said at the same time turning to run up the stairs.

"HURRY" Jiro was rushing after them.

I ran after them and I was shocked at what i seen as I entered the room. The door was off its hinges and there was two body sized holes in the wall. Warric was standing with Kennard pushed up against the wall with the other three boys trying to get him off. Gavvine was thrown onto the bed almost 10 feet away and Warric hadn't even taken his eyes off Kennard.

I rushed over to them knowing that someone had to make him stop otherwise Kennard would be dead and the guys pulling at him and yelling was not the way to do it. Both him and his Wolf needed to be soothed. I didn't know what to do but I hoped that I was doing it right. I already knew he didn't frighted me. Even in his fit of rage.

I gently moved Jiro and Garrette from Warric and placed my hand on his arm. I felt and seen him shudder under my hand. As gently as I could I spoke to him "Warric... you need to let him go" I felt like I was speaking to a child and not a full grown man that was an alpha of a bunch of half wolfs. I felt some tension leave his body and so I pleaded with him... It was working! "Please Warric, look at me."He shuttered again and I gently grabbed his chin and turned his face so he was looking at me.

"You need to calm down" I placed both of my hands on his cheeks so he was looking at me and couldn't pull away. "You BOTH need to calm down Warric" I know that he wasn't going to pick up on that but I thought maybe his wolf would know I was talking to him also. I was looking him in the eyes and he just shuddered again and dropped Kennard to the floor. I wrapped my arms around him. His breathing was rough but he seemed to relax into me a little bit. I could still feel the tension he had all over his body but he wrapped his arms around me and I felt him stick his nose in my hair and breathe deeply.

I knew that the others were helping Kennard and making sure he was okay and I bet the younger twins were standing at their doors with ears pressed to them trying to listen. But all that mattered to me in that moment was standing in Warric's arms.

Its short but I hope that this little bit of action makes up for it. I want to say thank you for all of your votes. I love hearing all of your ideas about their parents. I gotta go but I will try and upload faster. Its just been really crazy and busy lately. Its only Thursday... but HAVE A TOTALLY AWESOME AND EPIC WEEKEND.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44K 1.7K 7
⚠️⚠️ OmegaVerse AU ⚠️⚠️ (33k words) Jisung had spent his entire life preparing to present as an alpha in a world where omegas were unimportant- the b...
65.5K 1.5K 45
∆warning dirty parts in book ∆ "alpha is gonna have fun with u "one guy says "what the fuck alpha is gonna be pissed when he finds out there is a fu...
344 3 43
Athena is the daughter of the Alpha and Luna of the Silvermoon pack. They have had a longstanding feud with their neighboring pack the Bloodriver pac...
253K 10.4K 36
This is my first fan fiction I've ever written. Original characters written by and belong to chiffon_cake Beam spent his whole life hiding in the sha...