Hold Your Breath

By SierraDanielle25

Anna just wants a normal life. She wants to date Nathan and hang out with her friend, Emily, but life gave he... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 5

15 3 0
By SierraDanielle25

Hold Your Breath

Chapter 5

We sat there for a while until it was near lunch time. Nathan drove me home, and after telling him I'd text him later, I went inside. I shut the door behind me, and smiled. I kicked off my shoes and wandered through the house looking for my mom. I finally found her in her office. Her office had one giant desk, and bookshelves outlining the wall behind it.

"Hey Mom. Grading papers?" I asked as I sat in an extra chair in front of her desk.

She nodded, not looking up.

"Need any help?"

She nodded, once again, and handed me a stack of papers and a grading key.

"So how was your date?" she questioned, still not looking up from her papers.

I thought about it. Random words to describe it popped into my mind. Magical. Wonderful. Amazing.

"It was really great," I said, and wrote a 65 on one students paper. "This one's gonna need tutoring."

My mom looked up, and I showed her the paper.

"How wonderful," she mumbled.

"You want some tea?"

"Yes! Thank you!"

I stood up to go to the kitchen, but my arm hit a picture frame on my mom's desk. The frame fell to the floor.

"Sorry!" I exclaimed.

I bent down to pick up the frame carefully, in case the glass broke. Luckily the glass was fully intact. I turned the frame around to look at the picture. It was a picture of my family: my mom, my dad, and me when I was a baby.

I never knew really my dad. He passed away in a car crash when I was 2. A drunk driver hit the car head on, so at least he didn't suffer, but I still really wished he was still here.

I sat the frame back on the desk, tears welling in my eyes. My mom looked up at me, then at the picture. I wiped my eyes and took a deep breath. My mom reached out and touched my hand, still clutching the top of the frame.

"I'll go make that tea now," I muttered.

"Love you, honey!" My mom said as I walked out of her office.

"Love you, too, Mom," I responded, my voice wavering.

***

The rest of the day was pretty un- eventful. I made my mom the tea, and I helped her grade papers some more until there were only a few left. Then, I went into my room to relax. I picked up my phone off my dresser, and saw I had a text from Nathan.

Nathan ☺️: Hey, beautiful 😘

I smiled down at my phone.

Hi 😋, I texted back quickly.

Nathan ☺️: Would you like to go swimming with me tomorrow?

I frowned. Me? In a bathing suit? The mere thought of me wearing one of my ugly tankinis in front of Nathan made me cringe. I thought about Emily and I swimming this past summer. Emily! I had a light bulb moment, and rapidly text Emily.

You. Me. Shopping. Now, I texted.

In only a few seconds, Emily responded, YES. I texted Nathan back, telling him that would be very nice. I ran down the hall to talk to my mom.

"Mom?" I said as I slipped into her office.

"Yes?"

"Can you drive me and Emily to the mall?" I rushed.

"Sure! I need a break," Mom said, standing from her desk and rubbing her eyes.

"Thanks! You're the best!"

I ran to her and hugged her tightly. After a few minutes, we were in the car driving to pick up Emily, my wallet in hand. We got to Emily's, and she jumped in the car. I reached over and hugged my friend.

"How're you doing?" she asked.

"I'm great," I said, smiling. Quieter, I said, "I went on a date with Nathan this morning."

Emily squealed, and grabbed my forearms.

"Really?!" she exclaimed.

I nodded and grinned widely at her. Shortly after, we reached the mall.

"So... What're we shopping for?" Emily asked me as we walked into the mall.

"Bathing suits," I mumbled.

Emily looked at me with a confused face.

"Anna, you do know it's fall right?"

"Yes. I do, but Nathan asked if I wanted to go swimming with him tomorrow and my tankinis are NOT going to cut it," I sighed.

Emily nodded, understanding. We walked around in one huge store for about 10 minutes before we found the bathing suits. I searched the racks for one that would be great for tomorrow. There were so many choices: one pieces, two pieces, cutouts, bikinis. It made my head swirl.

"Found one!" Emily yelled from the other side of the section.

I walked over to her and saw what she was holding. It was a red, halter top one piece with white polka dots. The chest area twisted in the middle. I looked up at Emily and smiled.

"This is perfect!" I announced.

I went into the dressing room to try it on. It fit wonderfully. It gave my curves a little extra curve and my boobs a little more boob. I twisted my light hair up in bun, and looked at my reflection in the mirror. Tomorrow was going to be amazing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

685 4 11
It's Aria's first semester of college. After almost 19yrs of never having a boyfriend or even a first kiss she never thought her first year in colleg...
500 23 10
Charlie and Peyton. Two college friends, both having feeling for the other. When Peyton doesn't think Charlie likes him back, he proposes the idea...
141K 2.7K 62
Avery is going for her normal morning run when she is taken by her stalker, Liam. He is "madly" in love with her, no one else can have her. The apple...
568 2 24
Charlie couldn't be happier right now. Her life is perfect. She has the best friends, plays varsity sports, and has the most amazing boyfriend, Caleb...