Healing Hearts ✅

Από JoshayaShipper4Ever

♡ Rucas AU ♡ When Riley's brother dies and her mom gets a job offer in Texas it seems like the perfect opport... Περισσότερα

1. Change
2. Stories
3. Dreamcatcher
4. Tuesday
5. Time
6. Rescue
7. Secret
8. Church
9. Guidelines
10. Texting
11. Off
12. Fling
13. Football
14. Mom
15. Apples
16. Friendiversary
17. Billy
18. Together
19. Visitors
20. Friends
22. Turkey
23. Splits
24. Struggles
25. Missing
26. Auggie
27. Dresses
28. Birthday
29. Living
30. Lies
31. Grinch
32. Stuck
33. Tears
34. Unfair
35. Habits
36. Calls
37. Bittersweet
38. Goodbye
39. Roommates
40. Mourning
41. Tests
42. Blessing
43. Questions
44. Surprises
45. Paris
46. Explanations
47. Propositions
48. Healed

21. Skipping

981 25 8
Από JoshayaShipper4Ever

The morning after my huge blow-up with my dad I can't get out of the house fast enough. I grab an apple and head out to the barn finding my boyfriend brushing the horses and a smile pulls at my lips.

"Morning."

"Hey" he smiles softly. "I'm surprised your dad even let you out" he chuckles.

"He doesn't own me" I argue. "Even if we weren't dating we would still be friends and friends hang out."

"Do they?" he smiles. "How are you this morning princess?" he asks as I take a seat on a hay bale.

"Okay" I shrug as I take a bite of my apple. "I'm just annoyed. I love my dad but he can't keep me from dating. I'm a senior in high school."

"I don't know if dating is the problem" he argues as he moves to stand in front of me. I part my legs and wrap them around his torso. "I think it's that I'm being paid to work here yet I spend some of that time kissing his daughter."

"You haven't yet today" I remind him making him chuckle as he reaches up and leaves a long, lingering kiss on my lips.

"Do you have a ride today?" he asks as we pull apart. I nod.

"Maya is coming to get me. She even volunteered" I explain making him chuckle.

"I wonder why" he replies sarcastically. "She's gonna be your aunt."

I scrunch my nose and shake my head. "Please don't say that" I insist making him chuckle.

"Alright princess. We'll discuss it at the wedding."

"I hate you" I laugh as I push him playfully.

"Yea?" he smirks. "Too bad cause I love you" he smiles as he leans into kiss me again. I wrap my arms around his neck as I kiss him deeper before pulling back.

"I should go. I'll see you after school."

"Not today sweetheart" he sighs. "It's Tuesday" he reminds me.

My face falls but I nod in understanding. "Kay" I smile softly. "But I'll see you tomorrow right?"

"Of course sweetheart" he replies sweetly as tires hit the gravel signaling Maya's arrival. "You should go. Your dad will kill me if I make you late."

"Okay" I sigh. "See you tomorrow. And don't forget to talk to your mom about Thanksgiving."

"I won't" he assures me. "Have a good day."

I smile, leaning up to leave one last lingering kiss on his lips before turning towards Maya's car.

"There you are" she exclaims. "Is your uncle here?"

I roll my eyes as I move to the passenger side door and climb in. "Your obsession with my uncle is disturbing."

"How? He's hot."

I scrunch my nose, shaking my head. "No he's not" I insist making her chuckle as we start to pull out of the driveway.

"Yea well you're biased" she chuckles. "But really" she pauses, "does he like have a girlfriend?" she asks, biting her lip in suspense.

I laugh, shaking my head. "You both are ridiculous. He's single and very interested" I assure her. "But he's not in town forever Maya" I remind her.

"I know" she waves off. "I'm not looking for anything serious anyway" she shrugs though I don't believe her in the least. "But you really think he's interested?"

~ 💟 ~

FARKLEY: So Josh is in town. How is that going?

I was in my third period class and I knew I should be paying attention but compared to my classes back in New York these classes were nothing. I had already read A Tale of Two Cities over a year ago.

RILEY: 😂😂😂 He's totally into my friend Maya

FARKLEY: Really?! Josh doesn't strike me as the relationship type

RILEY: Really? I think with the right girl he could settle down

FARKLEY: I guess. How are things otherwise?

RILEY: Boring. I miss Abigail Adams

FARKLEY: We miss you too Riles

I'm about to text him back when I get a message from Josh.

JOSH: Bored. What time do you have lunch?

I look up at the clock before texting him back.

RILEY: Twenty-two mins

JOSH: Kay. See u soon

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

RILEY: What?!

JOSH: 😉

~ 💟 ~

When the bell rings to signal the end of the class I hop out of my seat and rush out of the room. I take a turn towards the lockers and find Maya standing in front of hers, gathering her bag lunch.

"Maya" I exclaim causing her to look up at me.

"Hey Riles" she replies. "What's up?'

"I don't know" I answer honestly. "But come on" I insist as I grab her hand and tug her towards the cafeteria. Upon arriving I look around the small space and standing just off to the side are Josh and Lucas.

"Oh my gosh" I giggle.

"What?" Maya asks, dragging her gaze to follow mine. A smile tugs at her lips as she spots my uncle. "This might just be the best day of my life" she murmurs before taking off towards them without another word.

I chuckle as I follow after, joining the group a few seconds later. "What are you doing here?"

"I was bored at the house and Lucas wanted lunch" Josh shrugs.

"Josh" I sigh, "Lucas could get in trouble" I argue lightly. The last thing I wanted was for Lucas to leave but I had to be realistic.

"I cleared it with your mom" Lucas says, a smirk pulling at his lips. I blush as I remember I hadn't exactly told Lucas that my mom knew about us.

"Oh" I smile softly.

"Yay" Maya claps. "So are you eating here or" she trails off making Josh chuckle as he shakes his head.

"We're taking you out."

I gape at them. "Is that even allowed?"

"Riles please just live a little" Josh insists as he looks to Maya. "Are you in blondie?"

"Um yea" she laughs as she looks to me. "Come on Riles it'll be fun."

I sigh, looking between my insistent group of friends. "Fine" I concede. "But we have to be back before the end of the day. My dad is taking me home."

"Stop worrying so much" Josh laughs. "Everything will be fine."

~ 💟 ~

"Are you sure you wanna play again?" Lucas asks playfully causing me to cut a glare at him as we loom over the air hockey table. We had decided to go to Dave & Buster's for lunch because there aren't any in New York and Josh was absolutely amazed.

"Haha" I reply unamused. He had won twice already but I was determined to beat him at least once. "Just swipe the card" I insist making him chuckle as he bends down to do as I asked.

The game starts and I get two goals within the first minute. I smirk victoriously as I slam the puck towards him again but he meets it with a block, sending it back towards me and sinking it into the goal.

"I'm too good for you princess" he teases.

"At air hockey or in general?" I laugh as I set my shot up.

"What?" he questions, suddenly dropping his guard of the goal to stare at me. I smirk as I hit the puck and it goes sailing across the table, right into his goal.

"Ha."

"Did you just play me?" he asks, a playful smirk pulling at his lips.

"I don't know what you mean" I reply, feining innocence.

"I think you do" he chuckles as he moves towards me.

"No no" I insist, knowing where this is going. "I'm sorry" I squeal as he grabs my hips and tickles me. "Lucas" I gasp causing him to stop, staring at me intently as I fight to regain my breath.

"What?"

"I love you" I say abruptly causing his eyes to widen in shock.

"You what?" he asks quietly making a giggle tumble from my lips. The words made me practically giddy. I loved Lucas Friar. I loved him so much.

"I wanted to say it a couple days ago but the words just got caught up in my throat and then Josh showed up" I ramble. He cuts me off by pressing his lips to mine in a slow, deep kiss that causes every single nerve in my body to ignite.

"I love you too" he murmurs softly making my heart swell.

"Uh hey love birds" Josh interrupts. "Yea um sorry to break up this adorable display of PDA but uh, it's almost four."

My eyes widen as I push back on Lucas' chest. "What?" I gape.

"Yea I sorta lost track of time" Josh apologizes as I look past him at my best friend whose cheeks were bright red.

"Oh my god" I exclaim. "We have to get home. Now."

~ 💟 ~

"Look who's finally home" my dad says when I open the door, walking in behind my uncle. "I don't know what I should be more pissed about. The fact that you skipped school or that the boy who I pay to look after this place was also mysteriously missing all day."

"Daddy-." I start but Josh cuts me off.

"Cor it was my fault. I was bored and wanted to do something. I asked Pangers if I could kidnap Lucas and the two of us went and got the girls. It was my idea. Don't be pissed at Riles."

I smile up at my uncle. I knew my dad wouldn't care whose idea skipping school was but it was really cool that my uncle was willing to take the blame for me.

"You allowed that boy to take our daughter out?" Cory asks, cutting a glare to my mom.

"They're friends Cory" she sighs. "I thought they'd take them to lunch and bring them right back" she shrugs.

"So you encourage this behavior?"

"What behavior Cory?" she exclaims. "She's almost eighteen years old! Her teenage years were spent mourning! I think she deserves a bit of rebellion."

I smile at my mom. "This is ridiculous" my dad insists. "You're grounded."

"No she's not" my mom argues. She looks pointedly at my dad. "Riley and Josh can you give us a moment?"

"Um yea" I nod as I look up to my uncle. He presses his lips in a fine line as he follows me upstairs. When we reach the top of the steps the yelling starts and I sigh.

"It'll be okay Riles" Josh assures me but this time I don't believe him.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

480K 15.7K 50
[ 2016 GMW Choice Award Winner ] [ 2017 GMAWARDS Winner ] ❝I l o v e d her not for the way she d a n c e d with my angels, but for the way the s...
928 40 6
In the aftermath of New Years Riley had a heart to heart with her mom Then things get complicated Rucas
706K 12.7K 63
What if Lucas had a girlfriend the whole time? What if he never had a crush on Riley, but she didn't see it? What happens when they meet her in Tex...
28.1K 832 37
*Trigger Warning in FIRST chapter* (May be in other ones) Closed Pictures aren't mine unless I say so. All quotes in this story aren't mine and are...