Falling for the Seat Filler

Por steffy_t

Seat filler Lincoln Parker never expected to accidentally fall on one knee in front of world-famous superstar... Más

Falling for the Seat Filler
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Epilogue
The Game Changer

Seven

81.6K 3.3K 473
Por steffy_t

SEVEN: Night terrors

                "D E S C R I B E it," Martin said.

I didn't answer and only continued to stare out the window and at the packs of runners below us. They ran to a beat; one, two, one, two, one, two – it was almost soothing. It had been once. I leaned my weight against the edge of the wall and folded my arms. This wasn't going to be easy.

"Lincoln?" Martin asked.

I cleared my throat and allowed my eyes to drop a little at the thought of my recent sleepless nights. "They start off the same," I began but didn't elaborate. I didn't like repeating those aspects. "But instead Emily's there – and I can see her in the distance and she's shouting at me for help, but I can't get to her. I try – goddamn it, I try but things keep getting in my way and she's always crying..."

My eyes closed and I breathed out a stiff breath.

"You're afraid of not being there for her?" he asked.

I nodded my head silently. "And how long has it been since you last saw her?"

"A week – I keep putting it off – I just told Bobby I was busy and couldn't make some scheduled meetings."

I turned towards Martin to see him watching me with his professional eyes. I wanted to make a joke, but the words got caught somewhere in my throat.

"I barely know her, Martin, but the thought of anything happening between us terrifies me. I didn't think it would, but it does, it really, really does." I licked my lips nervously.

As I returned to the chaise and lied back down, Martin began speaking. His words were comforting to an extent but nothing new to me. I was damaged goods and there was no other way of sugar coating it.

"...shutting anyone out will not benefit anyone, Lincoln," he said gently.

I chuckled stiffly. "I beg to differ," I said in return.

Martin shot me a look before glancing down at his notes. "Mr. McMillian has informed me about a gallery opening Miss Margot will be attending tonight, do you intend on accompanying her?" he asked.

Surprisingly, Martin hadn't mentioned one word about his disapproval of our sort-of-relationship.

I shook my head. "No, I don't think I'll be going," I answered.

Martin had the perfect poker face and gave nothing away.

"Has Emily tried to get in contact with you?" he asked.

I nodded my head. "Twice," I answered. "She left a message, I think."

Martin licked his lips then nodded slowly. I didn't listen to anything after that – not because I didn't respect Martin, but because I just couldn't. I was exhausted beyond reason from the complete lack of sleep I had gotten in the past week, and nothing I did or didn't do helped.

In other words; I was absolutely fucked.

A/N

Hello! 

Hope you all liked the chapter and as always, thank you so much for the massive support.

Steff xx 

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

3.4K 658 17
ONC 2024 SHORTLISTER || After two opposites find comfort in each other and have an instant connection but can't be together, they collide again mont...
Push Por Aubrey

Chick-Lit

207K 10.6K 42
Gwen's life was perfect --- until it wasn't. After her husband's deception is revealed, the young mother must face a new reality without her childho...
699K 10.4K 24
WATTPAD BOOKS EDITION. A new town, a new love, another chance to stay alive. Arriving in another new town, Amelia Collins vows to fit in and finish h...
2.8M 125K 65
[Billionaire / Fake Relationship] The last thing Livy expects is to fall for Logan, the hot but damaged billionaire who wants to help her pay for her...