The Ghost of Olivia Pines

By sinister_winter

"What is it Olivia?" I looked over at the girl standing in front of me. She had the same thing she wore every... More

The Ghost of Olivia Pines
Chapter 1: New Beginnings And Old Endings
Chapter 2: Olivia Pines
Chapter 4: Just Looking Around

Chapter 3: Conflicts

46 2 1
By sinister_winter

Ash walked down the attic stairs. He closed it and walked to his room. He noticed the living room lights were still on. He debated whether he should say 'goodnight' to his mom or not.

"Goodnight!" he yelled. He leaned over the wood railing of the stair case. He waited for a 'goodnight' back, but he didn't get one.

"Goodnight!" he yelled a bit louder.

Nothing.

"Mom?" he asked, now worried. He walked around the railing and walked down the stairs. Olivia followed behind him. He looked in the living room.

His mother wasn't there. Olivia glanced at the door. There was a laugh and a car driving off. Ash walked over to the door and opened it. His mother was coming to the door, smiling. She looked at Ash, surprised.

"I thought you were asleep." she said.

"Who was that?" he asked. He closed the door when she got inside. She put down an envelope on the coffee table.

"Just a guy I work with." she walked in the kitchen. Ash followed behind her and Olivia followed behind him. He hasn't even noticed her behind him.

"Wait, a guy?" Ash asked, sounding upset. His mother opened a cabinet, taking out a cup of noodles.

"Yea, a guy." she said while putting water in the cup after opening it. She put a plastic over it and put it in the microwave.

"What's this 'guy's name?" he asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

"John Miles is his name." She said, putting her hands on her hips.

"He sounds kind of suspicious." Olivia said, floating.

"He does" Ash said, forgetting that only he can see her. Olivia giggled.

"He what?" his mother asked, clearly confused. He shook his head. He didn't want to explain that's there a living ghost in their house. Or he just wants to tell her when he feels like it.

He walked out of the kitchen, going up the stairs. He stopped halfway because his mom called him.

"What?" he yelled.

"Will you go check out the school tomorrow. I know they don't start until next week but I want you to go see how it is. Who knows maybe you'll even make a new friend before you start."

"I will" he lied. His mom leaves around 9 am. He'll probably wake up around one in the afternoon. He continued up the stairs, to his room, locking the door, and collapsing on his bed.

"Technically first day in the new house and I've meet a ghost, been in paranormal activity, and almost turned in to air itself. I seriously think you did that on purpose." he said, looking at Olivia, that was looking at his clock strangely.

"Well I did it on accident and on purpose. I can't really handle my movement yet, which frustrates me, making everything around me move, but I don't really understand how I managed to put the pots face down and on the edge of the kitchen." Olivia looked around his room, examining everything.

"Wait, let me get this straight, so you can't even handle your own power? You picked up the book in the attic."

"I mean by moving things from far away. It's hard to move things from far away.," Olivia looked at his iPod strangely, "What is that?"

"It's an iPod. Haven't you seen one?"

Olivia pouted, "Well I've been dead for 30 years! Last thing I saw was a newspaper, dirt, my brother, and a tree without leaves."

He smiled, "sorry"

"You don't look sorry"

"I am sorry"

"Ok I forgive you then, so what does it do?"

"What?"

"The 'iPod'"

"It plays music"

She gasped and smiled.

"Can you put 'Hit the Road Jack'? Please! Please! Please! Please!"

"Hit the what Jack?"

"Hit the Road Jack!"

"I don't have that song"

Olivia lost her smile and looked down.

"Oh..." she said, sounding sad.

Ash sighed, "I can put it on YouTube"

Olivia smiled and jumped. "Yea!" she looked around the room, "What's YouTube?"

Ash chuckled. Olivia still smiled but with a really confused face. He walked over to one of his boxes, opened it, and took out his laptop. He sat down on the bed and opened his laptop.

"Wow~!" Olivia said, amused. She watched as he clicked a small box and something pop up. About two minutes after, she saw a red and white page that said YouTube.

"You tube? Does that mean you get to tube? What's tube?" Olivia asked. Ash simply shrugged, not even he knew, he just knew that you get to upload and watch videos here for free.

"What was the song again?" he asked, glancing at her.

"Hit the Road Jack!" she replied. He nodded and typed in the box, hit the road jack. A second later, a list of videos showed up all with different titles but the same words.

"That one!" Olivia pointed at the first video of the list. He clicked it and a different page showed up. He put the laptop aside and waited it to load.

"What happened?" she asked.

"It's loading."

"Oh. Is it going to take long?"

"Just give it a minute."

"Ok."

A few minutes later, Ash clicked play and the song started. Olivia instantly smiled and started to sing along.

"Hit the road Jack, and don't you come back, no more, no more, no more, no more! Hit the road Jack, and don't you come back no more!" Olivia sang. Ash chuckled and watched as she started to tap her feet.

"You sing!" Olivia said. Ash shook her head, 'no'.

"I don't sing."

"Come on please! Pretty please! Cherries and dolphins please!"

"Cherries and dolphins?" Ash raised one of his eyebrows.

"Please!" she put her hands together and gave Ash her puppy eyes. Ash looked at her with no expression. He finally sighed and said,

"Hit the road Jack, and don't you come back no more, no more, no more, no more. Hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more."

Olivia simply looked at him. She pouted.

"You have no spirit."

"I told you I don't sing."

"No excuse! I promise you I make you have more spirit when you sing again!"

"What?"

There was a knock at his door, making him jump a little. He quickly closed his laptop and walked over to the door. He unlocked it and saw his mom standing there.

"Hi?" he said.

"Ash are you talking to someone?"

"What?"

"I heard you talking to someone." His mother tried to take a peek inside his room but he stopped the door with his foot.

"What are you talking about?"

"Ash let me in. I know you were talking to someone. It's almost one in the morning! Who are you talking to?" his mother, once again, pushed the door open. This time succeeding.

"Hey!" Ash frowned as his mother looked around the room. She noticed the laptop on his bed.

"Are you video chatting?" she looked at him with an angry glare. He groaned and shook his head.

"You're unbelievable." he whispered as he rolled his eyes.

"And you're grounded!" his mother yelled at him and grabbed the laptop, storming out of the room.

"Give back my laptop!" Ash followed her. Olivia sat on the bed, eyes widen. Both Ash and his mom were arguing as they walked down the stairs.

"I don't mind you video chatting but if I catch you doing something bad-"

"Like what? Drinking? Smoking? Drugs?"

"Ash Deacon Patterson!"

"Again with the full names!"

"When are you going to grow up?" she said, throwing the laptop on the couch.

"When you quit being such an ass!" He yelled. He didn't mean to yell it out. He was just sick and tired of having her stuck to him like a leech. Whenever he had to go out, he'd go out walking so his mom didn't have to give him a ride. He'd always lie about going to the supermarket so he wouldn't have to seem like he's going out with his friends. His mother was always protective, always asking if he had a great day at school and ever time he would say yes she would assume that he's getting bullied. They always had a conflict between each other, whether it's his hair or his friends, they only agreed on a few things.

"You think of me as an ass?" Ash's mother whispered. You could tell that she was about to cry but she kept them in. He felt guilty.

"Mom-"

"Go to bed. You are going to see that school tomorrow. Even if I have to get off from work and drag you out of bed." she looked away, walking over to the couch, and getting some of her papers. Ash didn't know what to say anymore. He looked at his mother, hoping she will at least look at him. But she didn't. He walked up the stairs quickly and closed the door behind him.

Downstairs Olivia was standing behind the couch. She could hear Ms. Patterson crying. Olivia reached out her hand to her. Quickly she drew it back and looked up the stairs.

"I'm a terrible son." Ash whispered, he was already in bed with his pajamas on. He didn't know whether Olivia was inside his room or not. She was.

"I think there's worse kids out there." Olivia said, trying to lighten up his mood. He let out a bitter laugh.

"Yea right." he said. Their conversation ended with that.

Olivia floating around his room, bored. She heard someone lightly knock on his door. She stopped floating and looked at the door, expecting a monster to burst in. Who could be knocking at this time?, she thought. She glanced at the time.

3:28 A.M.

"Ash, I know you're probably asleep but I want you to know that I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I'm not such a good mother. I'm sorry it was your father that died. I'm sorry," Olivia heard as she started to cry, "I'm sorry it wasn't me. Ash, honey, I'm so sorry."

Ms. Patterson let out an uneasy sigh and walked in her room. Olivia looked at the door. She didn't even notice what happened.

She was crying.

✖✖✖✖✖

You feel that?

You feel those feels?

I put a lot of emotion in this chapter, so I hope you enjoy~. I didn't mean for you to cry.

Right this chapter is dedicated to bookloveforever, for adding this story in her reading list.

I DON'T STALK! I SAW IN MY NOTIFICATIONS OKAY?

I was really happy so I decided to make this chapter.

K I think I've kept you long enough~!

Bye~!

(⊙ω⊙✿) Hold my flower?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.1K 6.4K 48
My body sank down as water ran into my body through my nostrils and mouth. I hanged on, keeping my eyes open and hoping for a miracle. A glowing form...
153K 3.9K 48
An original and empowering shapeshifter/werewolf mystery. Lily's abusive life with her childhood pack is about to change forever when she's assigned...
107K 4.3K 61
Living as a human in the supernatural world is not easy. Not for Nebula; a free-spirit in search of her long lost brother. Alaric is known as the D...
134K 4.9K 110
Emily and Mike have been best friends since they could walk. Emily is the daughter of the Beta and Mike is the son of the Alpha and they are the same...