Immortal | Chanbaek [on hiatu...

By bcdwolf

❝ℐf a writer falls in love with you, you can't die. ❞ Baekhyun is an overworked and colorless author, who d... More

Foreword
01: Inspiration
02: Perfect
03: Seduction
05: Drinks & Aftermaths
06: Confusion
Important: Please Read

04: Birthday

1.3K 112 98
By bcdwolf

The golden object is shinning in Baekhyun's palm, hitting his brown orbs and reflecting in them beautifully. A smile makes its way on his face as he nods, handing the clock to the cashier behind the counter and watching how the woman wraps the object into the box carefully. Sehun will love it.

His little brother's wide smile pops up in his mind, flashing through the darkness of his past and creating a beautiful contrast. He loves his brother. The taller is special to him in any possible way, his sunshine in the darkness.. even if he would never admit it aloud.

"Thank you for your purchase sir." Baekhyun smiles at the cashier before leaving the shop in a slow pace while fishing his crazily vibrating phone out of the pocket of his long coat. Sehun? He frowns in confusion before accepting the call.

"What's up, Sehun?"

"Hey, Baek. I just wanted to ask if you come today or not. And what do you mean with what's up, don't you want to congratulate your brother?"

Baekhyun chuckles, heading back towards his apartment in a fast pace. "I'm coming and you know that I hate to congratulate people on the phone."

"I know, I was just kidding. I'll see you later then! Thanks Baekhyun."

"Hyung.. I'm your hyung." Sehun's laugh echoes in Baekhyun's sensitive ears as he stops in front of the book store, biting his lip nervously while he's glancing through the window, watching how the boy holds a book in his hand, talking with a few girls with a wide smile on his lips. Who cares. A sigh escapes his lip, forcing his eyes from the glass to head further into the city, towards his apartment.

"I like teasing you."

Baekhyun fishes the keys out, opening the door to his apartment. "I know, you're such a brat." He places the present on the table in his living room before falling on the sofa in exhaustion. "Could be. But you still love me." The smaller frowns with a smile, staring at his naked ceiling. "I can't remember saying that."

"You don't need to say it. Some things don't need words and love is one of them."

The smile fades from his face, confusion covering his body in an instance. Love. "What the fuck? Since when are you talking like this?"

"Uhm.. I'll tell you later. I'm going to hang up now. I'm not done with planning my birthday. I'll see you later. Bye Baek."

"Ok. Bye Sehun." He hangs up, his eyes still fixated on the ceiling in wonder. What just happened? He has never heard his brother talking about stuff like love or sounding that nervous. Baekhyun bites his lip, running a hand through his curly hair as he pushes his glasses back on his nose. Today will be hella a long day. He has to endure his parents again, all his mother's endless questions and his fathers judging glances. Wonderful.

He gets up slowly, throwing his coat on the sofa before heading towards the closet in his bedroom. I don't even have anything decent to wear. The latter grabs a white button shirt and a blue, way too tight jeans out of his closet, staring at the pieces of clothing in front of his pair of dark orbs. Does it matter how I look? The brunet frowns, sitting down on his bed with a sigh. No it doesn't.

5 hours later

The cold air wraps its way around his body, shivers running down his spins and leaving him in the ghost-quiet darkness. His eyes are pinned at the door in front of him, nervousness covering his body and causing a tremble in his knees and hands. It's been 2 years till they've met. 2 whole years. He bites his lip, the coldness kissing his skin. It's time.

A deep exhale leaves his lip before he presses the bell of the house, a loud sound filling his ears, beating in rhythm with his heart. It'll be fine. Just a few hours. For Sehun. The door swings open, his brother's cherish face appearing on the other side. He smiles, the nervousness fading with the brightness of his brother. He has changed.. into a grown, handsome man. Baekhyun smiles grows as his brother hugs him tightly, grabbing his arm to shove him into the house. "I'm glad you came."

"Me too," he whispered, the warmness of the house immediately surrounding him and pictures of his past flashing in front of his eyes. The dazzling decorations shinning all over the house, almost blinding the brunet. "These are my friends." Baekhyun glances at the crowd of people, smiling awkwardly.

"And this is my hyung." Loud hellos echo in Baekhyun's ear as he tries to hold the fake smile on his face, handing his present to his brother. "I hope you like it. We haven't seen each other for long.. I don't know how your style is-"

"It's fine. You didn't have to buy anything, anyway. It's enough that you're here." He smiles wider, this time a real one. "Happy birthday Sehun. I'm sorry that we haven't seen each other for 2 years."

"Don't apologize. I understand." He bites his lip, nodding as he stares into his brother's handsome face. His black hair are styled up and his smile brighting up the whole room. "Would you want to talk with mom? She's at work right now.. she'll be back at-"

"No, that's fine."

Sehun looks at his brother in moment of silence before nodding with a sigh. "Okay.. Then let's go."

"To where?" He chuckles, glancing to the crowd. "Since my brother has finally arrived we can head to the club now." What? Club?

"Wait. You didn't say I have to go with you guys. I don't go to such places Sehun-"

"My birthday, my rules." The fuck. Sehun grabs his brother on his arm, shoving him out of the house while the crowd is following them right behind.

***

Loud music drowns Baekhyun's ears, colorful lights hitting his eyes and giving him not just a headache but also blinding him. He closes his eyes, messaging his head as the voice get louder and louder with every passing second. What the fuck am I doing here. The brunet shoots up his eyes, looking at Sehun's who's smirking at him evilly, his friends talking loudly next to him. I'm going to kill him.

He takes off his coat, putting it on the seat before opening the first button of his white button shirt as his eyes drift through the club, watching how sweaty people dance to loud music, grinding each other bodies against their skins. Disgusting. He runs hand through his hair, trying to avoid the heat surrounding him. How can people enjoy this?

"You're really Sehun's older brother?" A voice pulls him back to reality, causing him to turn to the other side in confusion. "Yes?" He half screams because of the music, staring into a pair of dark orbs, probably one of Sehun's friends. "You look so young tho. How old are you anyway?" Tho. Baekhyun grimaces, looking back at the floor. "30."

"Wooo, that's kinda hot." Baekhyun frowns, looking at the boy with a strange face before standing up in annoyance. I need air. He pushes his glasses on his nose as he heads out of the club, fresh oxygen immediately entering his nostrils and chilling his whole body. The brunet leans his head on the cold wall, closing his eyes as he enjoys the coldness. I hate you, Sehun. Would he be mad if I would just go home? He bites his lip, opening his eyes again and staring into the darkness of the quiet alley.

A single light is flickering on the wall across of him, the sound of someone taking a deep drags of a cigarette ghosts in his ears. He frowns, narrowing his eyes to slit so that he can see a silhouette of someone across of him, taking deep drags out of a cigarette, it's light brighting up the alley a little bit.

The person then stops smoking, the cigarette hitting the ground and the light is fading slowly as feet steps start to approach him slowly, the breath stuck in his lungs when he gets a glimpse of the person who's heading towards him in a slow face. It's him. "It's really you, wow." Baekhyun gulps, the streetlamp suddenly flickering and showing more of the library worker's face. So handsome. His grey hair are styled up, a black shirt covering his upper body.

"I saw you inside but I thought I was hallucinating." Baekhyun stays mute, staring at the ground in total shock. What the fuck is he doing here. He can feel the other's eyes on him as he tries to avoid eye-contact, wishing he would just leave him alone.

"Maybe it's fate that we keep seeing each other." Fate. Bullshit. A chuckle escapes his lips as he leans his head on the cold wall, breathing out heavily. "It's a coincidence. Nothing more." After that a dead silence follows, the boy's eyes still fixated on him, making the smaller sweat like crazy. Can he just stop.

"What's your name?"

"I'm sorry but I don't tell my name to random strangers in a dark alley." The boy chuckles, Baekhyun's heart thumping against his chest in a fast pace. "Well, I'm Chanyeol and I don't think we're strangers. We have talked before if you can remember." He can. He can remember very clearly.

"I won't tell you my name."

"Stubborn I see." Baekhyun frowns, deciding to glance at the boy but immediately regretting it. The blackness of his orbs seem to pull him into an invisible spell full of feelings he has never felt before. He smiles through the darkness, the light flickering above him. Stop looking at him. Stop. He gulps, forcing himself to look away without success. It's not working, it's just not-

Then the door opens, his brother looking at him with wide eyes, pulling him back to reality in an instance. "Here you are. Oh god, I thought you've left." He chuckles awkwardly, thanking his brother for breaking the intense eye-contact. "Sehun?" Baekhyun holds his breath, Chanyeol's deep voice saying his little brother's name. "Chanyeol? Oh man. What's up?" They hug as Baekhyun watches them with a horrified expression, panic creeping up in his body. "It's been years. How's life?"

"True. It's great, university and stuff.. The usual shit. What about you?"

"My life is pretty boring tbh. I was just talking to ... uhm.."

"Baekhyun. That's my older brother Baekhyun." A sigh escapes Baekhyun's lips as Chanyeol smiles evilly, throwing a glance at the brunet.

"Right. That's his name again."

"You both know each other?" Baekhyun shakes his head, trying to pull Sehun's attention but his eyes stay pinned at Chanyeol. "We do. Your brother and I seem to fated to meet. Weird, right?" Shut up finally. Chanyeol smirks amused as Baekhyun wants nothing more than to rip out his head. "That's strange dude. I'd love to keep talking with you but my friends are waiting inside. We really have to go clubbing dude."

"Definitely." Sehun smiles before entering the club again, Chanyeol now turns around to Baekhyun, who's boiling in anger, flames floating out of his tiny body. "What's wrong, Baekhyun? You look kinda mad." He bites his lip amused, trying to avoid a laugh while Baekhyun throws sharp gazes at him.

"I really like the name Baekhyun. It has a nice sound to it. Baek- Hyun." He closes his eyes, balling his fists to balls as he exhales sharply, trying to calm down. "You're cute when you're angry."

"I'm older than you." Chanyeol titles his head, glancing at him in amusement. "And? You can't be cute because you're older than me? Doesn't make any sense to me."

"Of course it does-"

"Age is just a number. Only because you're older doesn't have to mean you're also more mature." Baekhyun stays mute, staring at the taller in confusion, thinking about his words. He sighs in frustration, deciding to change the topic.

"Why do you know everyone anyway?"

The taller chuckles, fishing another cigarette out of the pocket of his jeans. "I don't know. I have an effect on people. Don't I have one on you, Baekhyun?" He holds his breath, Chanyeol's eyes looking into the depth of his soul. You do. But why? The taller smiles, almost as he can read Baekhyun's mind, holding the eye-contact. Why can't I look away when I look at you? Baekhyun falls, he falls deeper and deeper into the blackness of his orbs.

— Almost like the taller is the lion and he is the helpless sheep.

___________________________________

I'm not sure what to think about this chapter. Feedback would be amazing!

Q: Who's your fav character so far?

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. ❤️
Lots of love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 60.4K 73
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
803K 29.9K 105
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
213K 4.5K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
599K 12.8K 43
i should've known that i'm not a princess, this ain't a fairytale mattheo riddle x fem oc social media x real life lowercase intended started: 08.27...