Caught

De prantikawrites

Highest Rank - #68 SF *BOOK TWO OF THE OPERATION EVOLUTIANS TRILOGY* Two Years Can Change Everything. After b... Mais

CAUGHT
PLAYLIST
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Epilogue
AUTHOR'S NOTE
OTHER WORKS

Chapter Nineteen

330 42 37
De prantikawrites

"Lauren, don't," Spencer warned. He stood in front of my bedroom door, watching me pack my backpack. Clothes, hairbrush, books: the necessities were tossed inside. Mother and dad were in the hospital after the 'little incident'.

There was nothing stopping me. I could teleport out of here and there's that. I could go back to our house and stay there, though my parent probably would look their first. The important thing was that I'd be gone.

If Spencer let me out of my room.

"I swear, I'm going to jump out of this window if you don't let me pass," I threatened him. "That or I'll toss you across the room."

"What happened?" He asked in response, though I did notice the terror that spread across his face for a second. "You talked to Aidan, right? What happened then?"

I didn't say anything, just tried to get around the six-feet giant in front of me.

"Lauren, I'm not letting you pass," He stated.

I tossed my arms in the air. "When does anyone let me do anything?" I complained. "Move, brother."

"What's wrong?"

"I'm turning into mom!" I blurted out. He looked confused for a second, wondering what I meant. I continued: "Mom... mom enjoys hurting people. You - you know that. She enjoys seeing people get hurt-"

"Lauren..." He gulped. "Lauren you don't like that though. You-"

"I let her burn to death!" I cried. Tears started forming. "I didn't even look back. You tried to stop me and I just continued. I didn't stop the fire before leaving. I... I... I..."

I was sobbing into his shirt, the smell of our lavender fabric softener filling my nose.

"I don't want to hurt anyone else," I cried. His fingers were in my hair and I held him tightly.

"Um... you're kind of hurting me now," He stated. I released my grip, stepping back.

"I'm so-sorry. I re-really am." I stumbled over my words. "I'm meant to hurt people, aren't I?"

"Lauren, you're being ridiculous," Spencer said. "You hate seeing your friends hurt and-"

"But I hurt Aidan. I dragged his skull across the hard ground. I spilled his blood all over. You had to peel me off him."

"But, Laur-"

"I hurt that girl. In training," I panted. "I hurt her so much that she fell unconscious and - and she never woke back up. I - I killed her. I've had the label murderer pasted on me for weeks now."

"That was just-"

"Face it, I actually do enjoy hurting people. I like watching people bleed to death."

"And you think that running away on your own will help you?" Spencer asked.

I tucked my hands in my pockets and looked down at the floor. "It'll keep me away from everyone I care about. I won't be able to hurt you."

Spencer sighed. "Lauren, you know that the fence is protected, right?"

"If I'm stronger than everyone else, maybe I could get passed it," I say. "And then I'll just super speed my way to somewhere in the world."

I grabbed my bag and started walking out the door.

"Lauren, wait." Spencer grabbed my wrist and stopped me. "we're going to escape all together in a few weeks. Just wait."

"I don't want to hurt anyone else, Spencer."

"You won't."

"I will."

He sighed, letting go of me and ran a hand through his hair. "Fine. But you're making a mistake, Lauren."

I was born to make mistakes, I thought.

I was gonna teleport out of here. Just wait.

-- : --

I failed.

Of course I failed. Everyone saw it coming.

Everyone but stubborn little me.

I woke up with an ear-splitting headache, feeling as if I was hit with a hammer three-hundred times. My entire body was sore, pain shooting up my spine with every little movement.

I was in the hospital. And not only that, but I was restrained to the bed.

Metal cuffs were put in place around my wrists and ankles. They were cool against my burning-up skin. There were so many tubes attached to me, I didn't know if I actually needed all of them to keep me alive.

I made another mistake in my mistake filled life. Why am I not surprised?

You should've listened to Spencer, A voice inside of me said.

"You got that right," I muttered to myself.

I've been knocked out for at least a week, I knew that far. Peeking out the window, I could see snow falling, landing into small piles of fluffiness

I tried to break out from the restrains. I was sure I had the strength to do that. If I could kick a dent into a tree, I could pull myself out of metal restrains. But, honest to god, I could barely even move.

"Don't even try," A cold voice spoke. I turned my head to find my mother standing in front of me. She was in her work uniform, a clipboard in her hands.

"You're powers have been blocked for the time being," She explained. "And that also includes your normal human strength."

"Are you trying to kill me?" I croaked.

"No. I'm stopping you from committing a huge crime." She walked over and moved the hair away from my face. "What were you even thinking, Lauren?"

"Don't touch me." I clenched my teeth.

She went from warm and cozy to cold and murderous in a second. "I'm sorry but that can't happen." She pressed some button on the side of the bed and the restrains were off me. Seconds later, I was being dragged from the bed by the arm.

My body was still sore and everything still hurt but mother didn't listen to my constant cries of pain. She led me barefoot to the training room.

I had no idea what was going on. I didn't want to find out.

There were six people in the large training room: Mr. Miller, Dr. Walker, Tyson, Alyssa, Jessica and Aidan. Mr. Miller wore a smirk on his face as me and mother walked inside. Dr. Walker, on the other hand, looked worried on what was gonna happen.

Tyson, Alyssa and Jessica had no idea what was going on, based on the looks on their faces. Aidan had the same worried face as his mother, wiping his sweating palms on his shirt.

Mother tossed me into the center of the room. I felt uncomfortable in my cotton shorts and shirt: hospital wear. I looked at the adults in the room. "Why am I here?"

Mr. Miller chucked. "To serve your punishment, of course. Everyone who tries to escape has to face it."

That's what Mr. Mustache said. Oh, why didn't I listen to him.

The man turned to Aidan. "Boy, do your thing."

What thing? Whatever it was, I think it was bad. The looks on Jessica, Alyssa and Tyson's face told me.

"What?" Aidan questioned. "No, I won't. She's my friend."

"Well your friend has committed some crimes," Mr. Miller shot back. "And now she has to pay."

"Get someone else to do it," Aidan snarled in response.

"Do what?" I asked, my voice quivering.

Mr. Miller gave Aidan a cold glare. I know he didn't want to do whatever he had to do but it seemed like he didn't have a choice.

Jessica gasped in terror. "Aidan, don't-"

But he was already walking towards me. I had to admit, I was scared. No, I was terrified. He approached me slowly, the same terror reflecting in his eyes.

He put a hand on my shoulder. "Lauren, I'm so sorry,"

"What - what are you-"

He squeezed my shoulder and I felt the most terrible pain. It was unbearable, unlike anything I've ever felt before. It felt like... it felt like I was cut in the most painful places and salt was placed in the wounds. It felt like I was shot in the chest with a titanium bullet. It felt... it felt like complete and utter torture. And I knew that's what it was supposed to be.

I was being tortured by my best friend.

I crumbled to the floor, my body crying in pain. Tears were flowing before I could stop them. Everything hurt. Everything just... hurt.

"Lauren," A voice spoke. "Lauren, are you okay?"

I couldn't speak. I just cried harder in response. It honestly felt like I was run over by a car. I was able to open my eyes and see who the voice belonged to.

Tyson helped me sit in an upright position. He had me wrapped in his strong arms. I looked past him and saw Aidan look at me. He looked hurt.

But he wasn't the one next to me right now.

"How - how could you?" I asked him between sobs.

He opened his mouth but couldn't speak. He just stood there, looking as hurt as ever.

Just tell me you won't hurt anyone. Even if they're doing something wrong.

He spoke lies. He told em more lies.

"Lauren?" Tyson asked me again. "Lauren are you-"

I put my arms around his neck and leaned closer. He closed his eyes and I closed mine as our lips met.

I kissed him slowly on the training room floor. In front of the adults in the room.

In front of Alyssa and Jessica.

And right in front of Aidan.

And I couldn't have cared less.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

Camille De Kayla Burnim

Ficção Histórica

88.2K 3.1K 38
Camille use to live in her father's library when he was away on trading, and wait till he was back. Her mother never approved of her being stuck in b...
515 8 11
PG-13, Romance, Language, Self-Harm, Substance-abuse, Nudity, Sexual, Violence, Smoking, Drugs, Alcohol-abuse. You go back to the school you original...
3.6K 665 51
A dystopian young adult novel involving romance, secret experiments on human subjects, and a group of teenagers' will to survive. Reader Comments: "...
23.4K 685 21
When Dakota and her siblings journey to land to hunt the hunter, they encounter some minor, and major, hiccups. School is just one of the many things...