Tattoo Heartist

By iiLoveydoveii

Ingrid Rodríguez A 20-year-old girl who knows almost to nothing of the outside world. Her strict parents mad... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 6

97.1K 3.5K 468
By iiLoveydoveii

"I was left to my own devices
Many days fell away with nothing to show
And the walls kept tumbling down
In the city that we love
Grey clouds roll over the hills
Bringing darkness from above"

Tristian's POV

I walked into the hospital with my head down and, my fists clenched. It's been a few days since I've seen my mother; it's been leaving me on edge. She was the reason why I wake up in the morning.. why I felt like being alive on this godforsaken earth. 

The nurses and doctors at the hospital were afraid of me. Every time I walked into the building, it went silent. They would try their best not to stare, but I knew they did. They always did. I pushed my hoodie off of my head and grabbed my pass that was always on the front desk... Not that anyone would bother asking me what I was doing there. 

Making my way over to the elevator, I pushed the 6th floor. The doors closed, and I sighed as I leaned against the wall. Ingrid hadn't called me, texted me, or came to see me at all yesterday. I didn't expect her to come or talk to me every day, but it's what I wanted.. needed... in moments like this... 

She was so innocent in her own way, and I felt like I couldn't be brutal or harsh to her like I am towards other people. There was something that made me want to protect her with everything I had..

The doors of the elevator opened, and I walked out. It was quiet.. like always. Even though my father was a terrible human being, he made sure my mother was in the quietest place in the hospital. I went down the halls and made eye contact with an old nurse named Margaret. She smiled, sympathetically at me, and I approached her. She took care of my mother on a day to day basis and understood what I was going through.

" How are you, Tristian, my boy? " She asked softly, and I shrugged.

" I could be better " She nodded her head and beckoned me to follow her. 

" She just woke up about 30 minutes ago. She'll be very excited to see you. " I didn't say anything as we reached her room. I opened the door and stepped in, closing it behind me. I looked over to my mother, who was staring at the wall emotionless. Her face was pale, and she looked drained. Walking over to her, I sat in a chair that was beside her heart monitor. She couldn't move at all. 

She only blinks her eyes and rarely moves them to look around. I grabbed her hand softly, and I heard the monitor go up slightly. I learned how to read her over the years. When she was tired, her heart rate got slower, when she was scared her heart rate was over her limit, and when I came to visit her and held her hand, it went up by a few beats and didn't lower until I left the room. 

I rubbed the back of her hand softly, " Hey mom.. " I knew she could hear me because her heart rate or blood pressure would also change if she heard something she did or didn't like. 

" I'm sorry I didn't visit earlier. I've had a lot more than usual on my mind... " I went silent for a bit, then I spoke again. 

" Dad is still trying to get me to come back home or get a job like his.. You know I won't go home without you.. and I-I'm still fighting even though you probably wouldn't want me to. " I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. Sometimes, I would be completely distressed and imagine her actually responding to me.

" ...I could try to find a new profession other than fighting, but I just get so angry sometimes, and it just becomes too much at some point. " I puffed as I felt a few tears fill my eyes. 

" ...I have a tournament on Friday, and I get seven grand if I win... It's not technically legal or an excellent way to earn money I know... but I'm still trying to cope ok? " I felt myself getting angrier as the tears slipped from my eyes. Feeling judged by someone who isn't saying a word or has any facial expression was normal for me in these cases.

" Dad keeps telling me that if I don't go into business with him soon, he's pulling the plug. I'm doing my best to save up, and it's not fucking working. The only reason I haven't wholly snapped yet is that I've been beating the shit out of people and- " I paused for a moment before wiping my tears away quickly.

" ...I met someone, a girl in particular. She's pretty and innocent, and.. I know you'll like her. " My lips came up to a small smirk before I continued.

" There's something about her that makes me feel somewhat.. overprotective. I feel as though I need to protect her, but I don't know from what... I could just be going insane. My sanity is getting lower each day, and I'm giving it a few months until it's all gone. " I checked my watch and saw that it was getting late. I looked up at her as I could never get used to seeing her like this.. I took a deep breath as I stared...  Just breathe... 

" I'll be back in a few days probably tomorrow if I feel like venting again, even if you don't want to listen, " I chuckled as I stood up and placed a small kiss on her forehead.

" Love you, mom. " I gave her hand one last squeeze before walking out of the room. I exited the hospital and walked over to my car. I got inside and received a message. Thinking it was Ingrid, I opened it quickly but rolled my eyes when I saw it was my father.

Bastard: Time is ticking son.. I hope you understand that I just want the best for you. I have a few job openings that you would fit in great with. Call me when you come to your senses. 

I left him on read and threw the phone onto the seat. Starting up the car, I clenched the steering wheel in my hands as a scowl was set permanently on my face.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

It was Friday morning, and I had a few hours to prepare for the fight. Now instead of just fighting three guys, it's five, and the prize increased to $15,000. What better way to get ready for a fight, than to run through the forest and think about how much I 'love' my life. Dressed in my grey hoodie again, black joggers and sneakers, if a person were looking through the trees and saw me running out of nowhere, I do not doubt that they'll think I'm a serial killer. Stopping by a tree after 2-3 miles straight, I got lost in my thoughts once again. 

I have a trust fund that Noah set up for me when I was a child. I was supposed to get ownership of it when I was eighteen, but he held off on giving it to me. He finally gave me the password and card two years ago, and I was planning on using it to stop him from paying my mother's hospital bills, but he didn't let me go that easy. The only way I would be able to obtain that money is if I worked for him. That's another reason why I despise him entirely.

I have more than 100 grand sitting in a fucking bank waiting to be used, but I can't get to it because if I did, then I'd be signing my life over to him, which was not an option.

The hour of eight hit and I was pulling on my gloves for the match. Everyone in the gym knew I didn't box without a shirt on, preferably long sleeve. There was something about covering up my tattoos that made me feel safe in a way. Knowing that they were for me or for those who knew and understood me.. 

I could already hear people entering the gym and the obnoxious shouting of drunk men. Kane sat in the corner and shook his head.

" I feel bad for the guys you're about to fight.. " I looked up at him.

" Why do you say that? "

" Just because it's you. I don't know why people still try to fight you. Everybody knows that you won't lose. " I shrugged as I took a sip of water.

" Well.. apparently those guys didn't get the memo " Walking out of the locker room, I made my way towards the stage. I heard the announcer say a few words before everyone started shouting. I walked through the path towards the stage as the people in the rows of chairs yelled my name. It was built much like a stadium with the different levels of chairs surrounding the bright stage in the middle. I hopped onto the stage and looked down to see Kane setting up my station. 

The ref started announcing the names, and I didn't pay much attention to it at all as I narrowed my eyes on my opponent. I studied him and watched as he shuddered slightly under my gaze. I fixed my eyes on his weak spots that you could see with a clear view and readied my stance. Once I heard the bell ring, he came after me. I immediately saw red, and I forgot all about his weak spots as I ducked from his swing and gave him an uppercut that sent him flying back.

The ref counted him out, and I watched as someone dragged his somewhat lifeless body away, and the next person came on stage. 

After three more successful rounds, I was facing my last opponent for the night. He looked cockier than the others like he had a feeling he would win. The bell went off, and I sent a few hits to him before he fell to the ground. Somehow, in the midst of the loud yelling that was going on in the room, I heard a small squeal. A sound that these 30-year-old men could never make.

I turned my head to the sound and squinted my eyes as I saw what looked to be Ingrid sitting by Amber and May. Even in the slightly dim room, it was hard to miss her big brown doe eyes. She was staring up to me, and she quickly pointed to the staged as another scared sound came from her. 

I looked back, and my head quickly turned to the side as his glove made contact with my jaw. The entire room erupted in gasps, and it went quiet. I rubbed my jaw with my wrist and brought it down to see a little blood. I laughed as I turned to him, and I could see him gulp. I nodded my head as I cracked my neck to the side. 

" You've had your fun pal... It's my turn now " He wasn't even able to move to block as I sent a punch to his stomach, to his ribs, and the side of his face. He fell to the ground, unconscious, and I could already see the black eye forming. The room erupted in loud cheers as the ref grabbed my arm and lifted it. I blocked all the sounds out as I kept my eyes focused on Ingrid, who was staring up at me in complete awe. 

He handed me the duffel bag with the money, and I walked away from him without saying a word. I took off my gloves and set them to the side. A few people started leaving, and I went over to where the girls stood. Completely ignoring May and Amber, I wrapped my arm around Ingrid's waist before pulling her into me. She placed her hands on my chest and blushed, looking down. 

" Doll.. I thought I told you this wasn't a place for sweet girls like you.. " She bit her lip and gazed up at me.

" I-I wanted to come to see you "

I rubbed my hand on her waist," Really? I guess I'll make an exception.. Did you enjoy the show? " I asked sarcastically, and surprisingly, she nodded.

" I-I didn't like that it was so much punching, but you won every match, so I'm happy! " Smiling at her, I turned still holding her waist and finally looked up to the girls who had Kane and James now standing beside them. 

" I say we get something to eat to celebrate. " James said, smiling, and they all agreed. Ingrid pulled on my shirt. I looked down to ask her if she was alright, but a group of overly drunk men walked by, and one of them shoved her in the process. To make matters worse, he spilled his beer all over her light pink sweater, and it already started seeping into the material. I turned her into me so no one would see, and she looked down as her bra was already peeking through. 

Tears fell from her eyes as the feeling of embarrassment flew through her. I grabbed her hand before nodding my head at the guys and walking to the locker room. They were already making their way over to the group of guys, and before I closed the door to the room, I heard a few yells. She held onto my shirt in a death grip, and I shushed her as I made my way to my locker.

" Dollface, it's ok. I'm right here. " I cooed in her ear, and she hiccuped softly.

" I-it's e-embarrassing " I shook my head as I pulled a pair of joggers and a long sleeve shirt from the locker.

" No, it's not, doll. You're fine, just a little slip-up. Kane and James will make sure they know what they did was wrong. " I sat her on the bench, and she nodded her head. I placed the clothes beside her and leaned down to her height. I grabbed the ends of her shirt cautiously, and she grabbed my hands quickly. Shaking my head, I spoke to her.

" Doll, it's not what you're thinking. I just want to get you out of these clothes and into something fresh. If you don't want me to help you, I understand entirely.. but you seemed a bit shaken up, " I said as I didn't want her to think I was forcing her at all. I was about to pull away so she could do it herself, but she slowly let go of my hands and raised her arms timidly. Keeping eye contact with her, I raised the sweater over her head and put it to the side. She covered herself, and I grabbed my shirt from the pile. 

I started pulling it over her head as she pushed one arm through, but something caught my eye. I stopped her before she was able to push it through, and I skimmed my thumb over the bruise that was on her arm. It looked like a handprint which was starting to fade, but I didn't miss it. She bit her lip as I looked into her eyes.

" Did someone give this to you? " I asked, and she took a second before shaking her head no. I didn't believe her one bit.

" Are you sure? " I asked her once again, and she nodded. She put the rest of the shirt on, and I helped her out of her pants and into mine. Even though everything was huge on her, she didn't look like she was going to complain. I didn't want to look at her in any way sexual. She was shaken right now, and I didn't want to take advantage of it. Checking the time, I saw that it nearly 10.

" My Abuelita gave me permission to come. M-my parents are out for the night," She said, playing with my fingers, and I nodded my head. I hoped that these parents of her's didn't run her life like she basically explained it to me. Standing up, she pouted as I let go of her hand.

" I'm gonna run to the shower for a few minutes, and once I'm dressed, I'll take you home.. ok? " She nodded her head, and I went towards the back to do just as I promised her.

☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽

Hi, babes ♡♡ I know I said new chapter yesterday or Saturday, but I've been pretty busy lately, so I wanted to get this out for you as soon as possible! I hope you all like it. Love you all. x

How did you like this chapter?

Favorite moments and why?

Thoughts on Tristian's conversation with his mother?

Thoughts on his behavior towards Ingrid?

Any suggestions? Drama or fluff related?

Future predictions?

Anything else to say? Hmmm?

☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽

Song Lyrics: Bastille - Pompeii

Follow me on IG: iiLoveydoveii. 

Tell me what you think and don't forget to vote. ♡

Angel ♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 49.7K 78
"You don't understand how happy we are to call you ours." ~~~ Started : February 26, 2023 Ended : June 11, 2023 ~~~ Story contains: Explicit language...
31K 1K 35
He stepped even closer so close that our nose was touching and I could feel his minty breath on my face. Oh no wrong move. "I was just cleaning it"...
1.6M 40.1K 55
"You have a choice either choose me or being a mafia" I added hoping that he'll come back with me and if not then I will be the one leaving him this...
1K 62 11
Nobody knew his last name, but they knew his name and also that he was the right hand of the most feared and powerful Mafia, not just in Russia, but...