1 | mágoa → gilbert blythe

By cllanuu

im sorry, but i have to. - Anna shirley a fourteen year old orphan with her sister, anne shirley. they didn... More

character
- excited
- him
- concern
- fire
- biscuit
- mood swings
- amen
- coffee
epilogue
appreciation

- arrival

3.7K 53 10
By cllanuu

chapter one
arrival
/əˈrīvəl/
(n.) a action or processing of arriving.

anna

"Can you believe it Anna?" Anne exclaimed in the train that caused people around us to start glaring at us. "We are finally going to have a real family." She whispered and a smile crept up onto her face.

The pass few years of my life was utterly ridiculous. I never have a feeling of a complete family, I never felt safe. Even with Anne, I felt something was off.

Not to mention, Anne has a beautiful red hair but compared to me, I have a boring brown hair. I am nothing like anne, she is outgoing, talkative and smart.

Well, I could consider myself smart as i'm always top in class most of the time. But i'm not outgoing and talkative, I like to keep stuff to myself. And also, i'm very native.

I'm not that shy as I portray to be, i'm pretty nosy once I get used to where I am and who I'm with, I can't help it if someone have a dislike to me and if they try to make fun of me I would stand up for myself. Standing up is something me and anne have in common. but anne has much more patient than I am.

"Anna!" Anne snaps me out of my thoughts and I looked at her.

"Sorry." I mumbled and I looked out of the window so did Anne, "what if this was all a misunderstanding?" I asked myself.

IM JUST GOING TO PUT THIS OUT HERE, I FORGOT HOW EP ONE IS LIKE I REMEMBER THE SETTING AND THING BUT I CANT REMEMBER WHAT THEY SAID SO IM JUST WRITING FROM WHAT I REMEMBER. and take note, i'm overseas while writing this chapter so i don't have any data and stuff. the wifi here is utter trash

Me and Anne sit on a bench as we wait for a guy called Matthew Cuthbert. I turn to look at Anne pinching herself, she does that to prove that it's not a dream. "Anne stop it." I pushed her left hand away so she stops it, " it's real, don't worry."

She gave me a small smile and started rambling about how wonderful this is. I don't really talk much so I just listen to her ramble about random things.

It always fascinate me that she uses big words almost all the time, it's rather nice to hear it. Even though she is younger than me, her spelling is much more better than me. I would say we are on the same level because I ace at mathematics and she ace at english.

She rambles about Green Gables for a few while and then a male figure that I believe is Matthew Cuthbert. Anne immediately stands up and greet Matthew then introduced the both of us.

He just said a let's go and we are on our way back to our new house. Anne started talking about the greenery but half way she stopped as she looks at the birds. Matthew looks at her, confused by the sudden quietness. "She's having a flashback." I said to matthew as he just nods and look back infront.

I tapped on anne shoulder and she snaps out of it, " You okay?" Matthew asked still looking at the bumpy pathway. Anne nods her head and continued her rambling.

"Oh my god! I cant wait!" Anne jumps down the carriage so did I and a woman that looks like she is in her 40s walks out of the main door and i'm guessing it is Marilla Cuthbert.

She didn't look happy as her expression dropped when she saw me and Anne, "Matthew! We said that we wanted two boys! Not two girls!"

"They were the only kids at the train station." He replied fixing up the horse.

"We have to send them back." She sigh and put her hands on her hips.

"No please don't!" Anne begged as I just felt like my heart got smashed into pieces. Anne fell onto the ground and I run towards her catching her just on time, I pat her back as she looks into the nothingness.

"Please Miss Cuthbert! We don't want to go back to the orphanage, we will milk the cows, clean the house, anything!" I plead as Miss Cuthbert walk towards us and tell us to stand up.

"Dear please, stand up and come inside the house." She said as Matthew went to put the horse back as me and Anne walked into the comfy home.

"Please don't send us back." I said as anne finally snapped out of her thoughts.

" We-we-we can do anything!" Anne stammered as I try to calm anne down.

"Anne please don't." I tried to stop anne but she didn't care. "Anne, don't please. We have a few more days, we can prove to them that you didn't steal it!" Anne was getting ready to leave the room and I grab her hand, she stops looking at the nothingness again, I quickly let go as I know what I did made her remember what Mrs hammond had done to her.

I hugged her as she snapped out of her daze, "Please don't leave Anne." I whisper and she pushes me away.

"I'm sorry but she made her decision." Anne walks out of the room as I fell on the wooden floor and started crying.

It's been a few hours, Matthews was ordered to get Anne back because Marilla found the charm Marilla thought Anne stole.

"I'm sorry Anna." She sobs as we are both siting on the dining seat, " I should've known better."

"It isn't your fault Ms Cuthbert." I said comforting her as I put my hand on her hand but she just continued sobbing.

( y'all deserve better than all this skipping. i'm not a good writer that's for sure. soz kiddos )

It's been a few days, Marilla isn't looking well. She cried herself to sleep almost every night, so did I. But we couldn't do anything at all. The urge to just take one of the horse to find anne was enormous, but if I were to do that I will just leave Marilla behind and she might do foolish stuff.

Right now Marilla and I, are just sitting at the dining table as we sip hot tea. Our eyes are both puffy from all of the late night cries. While sipping our tea, we heard horse neighing from the outside. That could only mean one thing, Matthew is back.

Marilla face lit up so did mine and we ran out of the house to reveal Matthew and Anne. I charged towards Anne and we both fell to the ground due to the impact of the hug. " I've missed you so much." I said as we both sobbed harder.

I pulled away from the hug as anne looks at Marilla but Marilla face expression wasn't happy, it was, moderate.

Anne face expression changed from happy to just pure sadness. Marilla looked like she didn't care but Marilla was crying most of the time. " Hello anne." marilla just said in a monotone, waved and walk into the house.

She walked up to the room that we both shared and set her stuff down, "what did you do?" I asked her with excitement.

"A lot of stuff!" She exclaimed and started talking about her trip.

  it's been awkward between Anne and Marilla, they barely said more then three sentences the pass few days. Luckily for us, we got invited to the berry's 'party' at the lake.

  We decided to walk there because the horse was tired and it was near by. When we were close to reaching our destination, Dianna started waving at both of us. We both were about to run towards her but Dianna's mom stopped her from doing so.

  My heart was torn so was Anne's. We turned our  focus on the old couple talking to us, " Welcome home Anne."

  "Thank you." Anne faked smiled. And they all started walking infront of me and anne starting their own conversation.

  Anne and I walked behind them and a founding family member said, " my my, look like the cuthbert have picked up a stray." i stared at the person whoever that said that and ushered anne to walk infront so she couldn't hear more. but everyone kept saying stuff about us.

  Some talked about her hair, some talked about how we were picked from the asylum. Anne couldn't take it and broke out running to the woods.

  "Anne!" Me and Marilla shouted, but Marilla ordered me to stay with matthew while she chased Anne into the woods.

  I walked up to the founding family that called Anne trash and a stray. " Soesn't mean you are one of the higher class family, means you have the rights to say stuff like this to my sister and i."

  A boy that i believe is their son retorted, " Well, aren't you a feisty little one." He smirks and his siblings started laughing.

  "You disgust me." I spit and made my way back to Matthew.

oh skrrtttt, i finally finished chapter one. i hope you enjoy this, it's really shitty so i'm sorry. so bear with me for a while.

this book will be maybe be at 11-17 chapters. depends and i try to write it to 10-20 pages. so yea..

mind my shitty gramma and english

[ edited ]

[ edit: fuck I was so bad at my English ]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

618 25 5
Gilbert has just lost his father, he is alone and lost, he doesn't know what to do or what his future will look like, he hesitates to leave Avonlea. ...
43.8K 583 17
I Y E A R N F O R Y O U [S E A S O N O N E] [I DO NOT OWN ANY OTHER CHARACTERS OR PLOT LINES OTHER THAN THE ONES I CREATE] [BOOK 1 OF 3]
4.4K 69 10
"Did you come over here to gloat about your win, Blythe?" "Quite the contrary, actually." Shirbert's love story from academic rivals to friends to...
207K 7.4K 29
Gilbert Blythe has a serious problem when it comes to Anne Shirley-Cuthbert - he stares at her too much! "Do you believe in soulmates?" he asks, half...