The Toxic Love

By rupakukku

Khushi and Arnav are coming to Delhi after four years. Arnav is returning to India after staying in USA for f... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7a
Chapter 7b
Epilogue
Note and Explanation
Vote for final decision
Final decision

Chapter 6

18.2K 565 13
By rupakukku

Khushi was sitting wearing her night dress in the poolside in Arnav's room in Raizada Mansion. Yes, Arnav's room. Now also her room. Today, she had married Arnav. It was her suhaagraat (first night).

She was sitting there, trying to find her grandparents, Mama and Mami in the stars. She used to call her Mama- Mami, Ma - Papa because that made her feel close to them. Her parents always remained Mom - Dad.

Her Ma was an orphan. She lost her parents when she was very young. Khushi had seen her Ma trying to find her parents in stars when she was young. She believed that after death, people become stars. Sometimes, when Khushi felt herself alone, sad or happy, she also try to find her grandparents, Ma- Papa in stars.

Arnav came inside the room after getting teased by his cousin sisters. His sister was not present as she also got married today alongwith them and was in her husband's house. Payal and other ladies of the house, royally ignored like they were doing since the last few weeks.

But his cousin sisters, who had come to attend his and his sister's marriages, didn't allowed him to enter the room and teased him mercilessly. Entered inside the room, he sighed. He saw the room decorated for first night.

The decoration was minimal. He knew if it was upto his family, they wouldn't have even decorated the room. They knew the circumstances in which the marriage happened. But due to the presence of relatives, they have to do minimal decoration for courtesy sake.

He came inside and looked around. He frowned not finding Khushi in the room. He knew that their situation was different but wasn't she supposed to be in the same room atleast to show the relatives sitting outside. Then where is she.

Walking around the room, he saw her sitting by the poolside in her night dress. He sighed. Taking his clothes, he went to washroom to freshen up. He came back and started removing the decorations in the room.

He didn't wanted to make the situation awkward when Khushi comes inside the room. Already everything is a mess. He didn't want to make it anymore worse.

After clearing everything, he sat on the recliner with his laptop trying to do some work. Unwantedly, both their minds travelled to the things that happened in the last few weeks.

One and a half month before. After they had come back from the birthday party, nobody talked to Arnav. This went on for few more days. Everyone in his family ignored him. Khushi and Lavanya completely avoided being in his presence.

If at all they wanted to talk anything to him regarding work, they would do it through Aman. Otherwise they just ignored him. Arnav tried to talk to Khushi few times, even apologize to her but she didn't hear anything.

All these while, his only solace was his kids. They spent time with him. The moment they would step inside the office, they would run to him and would spend the whole day with him. Fortunately, nobody stopped him from spending time with them, neither Khushi nor his family.

He became very close to them in these few days. He would spend the whole day with them in office and during weekends, he would take them out. In these two weeks passed. The day of fashion show was finally there and it was a huge hit.

Everyone praised him and Khushi. He was proud of her. She did a good job in managing the event. Finally it was time for him to say goodbye to Khushi and kids. The show was over and there was no reason for them to come to his office.

He didn't know what to do so that he can atleast see them regularly. With kids, he can go and meet them. He was sure that nobody would refuse but what about Khushi. There was no way for him to meet her. But his family had other plans.

Khushi still remembered the day when the Raizada ladies came to Kashyap's apartment to meet her. They had brought Arnav's proposal for her. She was shocked would be an understatement. She never expected them to make such a move.

They told her their wish and asked her to decide. They didn't compel her but still insisted. They left giving her time to decide. She was blank. She didn't know what to do. There was one time when she had dreamed of being the Raizada bahu and Arnav's wife. But then the situation was different.

Now she couldn't decide anything. She couldn't bluntly refuse it. Because it was not just about her. Her kids' life was also involved. Who better than her would understand how much it's important for a child to have his/her parents. The love, care, security, a father provided for a child, nobody can give that.

All her life she had craved for her parents love and care, but she never got it. Could she really deny her kids that love and care. That too after seeing how much of a loving and caring father, Arnav is. Can she really deprive her kids of that.

Can she deny her kids, their rights of having a proper loving family. Can she allow her kids to have that kind of life with a single mother who will be struggling her whole life to give them a secured and dignified life which may not be possible, a weekend Daddy and a loving family who will be staying miles away from them. Is this what she wanted for her kids.

No. The answer was instant. But still she couldn't agree. Was she really ready for a marriage. That too with Arnav. The man who had betrayed her and left her alone just because of a misunderstanding. Was she really ready to give him another chance.

What if he again misunderstand and leave her alone. How will she survive. Her mind reasoned. No she won't allow that. But who was she kidding. Didn't she know how much she still loved him. Isn't why, even after everything, her heart still craved for him. Still loved him. Still wished for him to come back in her and her babies' life. Still dreamed of a happily ever after with him.

Isn't the reason why even after 4 years, she still couldn't move on from him and is still stuck at the place where he had left her. Isn't why, she still couldn't give his place to anybody else. It was not like, no other man had ever come in her life in these 4 years.

Many men had shown interest on her. Some were even ready to accept her knowing about her past and kids. But she couldn't give his place to anybody else. She could never imagine anybody else in his place. Isn't why she had rejected every single man who had ever shown interest on her.

But still she couldn't give him a chance. Her hurt and pain were too much for her to forget everything. Her fear of being left alone again, didn't allow her to accept him in her life.

But she was ready to give him a chance not for herself but for her kids. She was ready to accept him as the father of her kids but not as her lover or husband. She was ready to marry him not for herself but for her kids. She can't allow him into her life but she won't deny his place in her kids' life.

She agreed. She agreed to marry him. But on her own terms and conditions. She had to talk to him. She had to clear everything with him. She called his mother next day and gave her acceptance for the proposal. She also called him and asked him to meet her.

Arnav still remembered the day his parents had called him to talk something. He was surprised when the maid informed him about it. None of his family was talking to him for weeks and all of a sudden, they called him for talking. Confused he came to the living room and saw his whole family sitting there.

It was his mother who informed him about the proposal. He was shocked. The first thing that came out of his mouth was whether Khushi agreed or not. Oh God, the glare he got from his family. He felt himself burning at their angry glares.

His mother had literally lashed out on him saying that if Khushi had shown a slightest disagreement to the proposal then they wouldn't even have discussed it with him. He gulped hearing her words. They didn't even ask for his opinion and just informed him that his marriage will happen on the same day as Anjali. Not that he had any objections. But it still hurt that his family didn't even wanted to talk to him nor listen anything that he had to say. Sadly he went to his room.

Later that day, he got call from Khushi asking him to meet her personally. They met in a cafe. She had bluntly told him that she was doing this marriage only for her kids and didn't had any expectations from this marriage nor wanted him to keep any expectations.

If he say that he wasn't hurt, then it would be a lie. It hurt. But he somewhere knew that it was going to be like that. After all that he did and everything that she had to suffer because of him, he wasn't expecting her to accept him back in her life so easily and be happy with the marriage.

But he was happy. Atleast they will be with him for his whole life. His Khushi and kids will be his forever. That's all that he wanted. All other things are secondary. For getting her forgiveness and making a place in her life and heart again, he had a lifetime.

He was ready to do anything to get her forgiveness. Even if he had to wait for his entire life, he was ready. Even if he had beg forever for her forgiveness he was ready. He will try and wait for his whole life for her to forgive him. But all that mattered to him was her and kids to be with him. Then other things didn't mattered to him. He agreed. He agreed for her every terms and conditions.

Then everything happened in jet speed. The following week, Lavanya's parents alongwith her elder sister, brother in law and newborn baby came to India. On Madhumathi's insistence, Khushi alongwith kids and Kashyap family shifted to Shyam's house.

Within a week, all the arrangements for both the weddings were finished. Arnav and Khushi were engaged. In the next two weeks, all the premarital rituals were done. All throughout the function, the whole Kashyap family, Shyam and Madhumathi stood with Khushi.

Every ritual which was supposed to be done by Khushi's parents were done by Randhir and Nikki Kashyap. Every ritual that bride's sister is supposed to do is done by Lavanya and Riya. And Shyam like a dutiful brother did all the rituals in between his own marriage. Khushi also didn't stayed back and fulfilled all rituals of groom's sister.

Finally today was their marriage. The whole city was present. Arnav had already accepted his mistake in front of everyone and had accepted Khushi and his kids with utmost dignity. Though the reason of misunderstanding was not revealed, he had confessed that Khushi and him were in a relation years back and were separated due to some misunderstanding.

Their marriage was kept in a large scale. After all the prince and princess of Raizadas were getting married. Everyone was invited. Unwantedly they even have to invite Khushi's parents and brother. It was inevitable. First of all Shashi was Madhumathi's brother, there would have been talks among the relatives if he wasn't invited. Also they were Raizada's neighbor.

But their presence had left a bitter taste in everyone's mouth. Nobody liked them attending the functions. Atleast not after knowing what they had done to Khushi. Everyone only had hatred in their minds for them.

Khushi was uncomfortable because of their presence. Sensing that everyone tried to keep them away from her. Khushi herself avoided them to her maximum. But today, during the Kanyadhan, when she saw them coming towards her to perform the ritual, her breath hitched.

She couldn't even imagine their presence when she was starting a new life. She didn't wanted their hatred filled minds to do the auspicious ritual in her marriage. She immediately called Randhir and Nikki and asked them to do the ritual.

The Gupta scowled at the insult. But nobody bothered. Nobody said anything when Randhir and Nikki did her Kanyadhan and blessed her wholeheartedly for her new future. She was satisfied. She didn't wanted blessings from those people who hated her. The blessings of few people who loved her was enough.

After marriage, it was time for bidaai. As usual, it was emotional. The Raizadas were sending off their only daughter. And Khushi and Kids were sad on the prospect of leaving the Kashyaps. After so much of tears, promises and blessings, the new brides and grooms left for their homes. Yeah one couple alongwith their kids.

The welcome in Raizada family was as per the ritual. All four of them were welcomed traditionally. When it was time for the groom to lift the bride, a special Raizada ritual, the situation turned awkward. But the little munchkins turned the situation amusing for everyone with their demand that their father should lift them also alongwith their mother.

Everyone looked at Arnav with pity, who only smirked. Finally, the beautiful bride was made to lift the kids in her arms and the groom lifted her alongwith kids as if he was lifting a feather. Everyone had an amused smile. Entering inside, he made her stand on her feet. The kids got down from her arms and hugged him happily.

After playing few more games, Khushi was send to room. Changing her dress and getting rid of her bridal dress and jewelleries, she went and sat on the poolside. Arnav also was allowed to go to the room few minutes later.

Both of them sat on their places some more time thinking about their life. After half an hour, Khushi came inside for sleeping. Entering inside, she saw Arnav working on his laptop sitting on the recliner.  She noticed that the decorations were removed. She mentally thanked him for avoiding the awkward situation.

She stood there not knowing what to do next. Arnav sensed her condition. Closing his laptop, he stood up. He walked to the bed and took a pillow and blanket.

Khushi frowned seeing his actions. Keeping the pillow and blanket on recliner, he turned to her. "I will sleep on the recliner. You sleep on bed." Arnav said to Khushi.

She wanted to stop him and ask him to sleep on bed. But didn't say anything. She silently went and laid on the bed. Arnav sighed and was about to switch off the lights, when he heard a knock on the door.

Both of them frowned hearing the knock. Khushi got up from the bed. They looked at each other.

"Who will be there at this time?" Khushi asked him. Arnav just shrugged and went to open the door.

Opening the door, he frowned not seeing anyone. He looked down feeling a pull on his pants. An amused smile crept on his lips seeing the people standing there. His twin boys were standing there in their PJs with a cute frown on their faces.

"Dada, move." The twins said irritated seeing him standing there not allowing them to get in. Arnav immediately moved away giving them space to get in.

They immediately ran to Khushi screaming, " Mumma." Arnav came inside after closing the door.

He saw them getting into the bed pulling Khushi with them. Khushi laid on one side with the kids on the middle of the king sized bed.

"Dada, come" Arav screamed patting the empty space beside him. Arnav looked at Khushi who nodded asking him to sleep on bed.

Arnav took the pillow and blanket from the recliner and went to the other side of the bed beside Arav. As soon as he laid down, Arav hugged him and Aryan hugged Khushi.

"Dada, stoly (story)." Both of them chirped. Arnav's eyes propped out hearing them asking him to say story. He looked at Khushi with a pleading look who had an amused smile on her lips.

"Yeah, Dada, say story." Khushi said teasing him. Arnav's mouth dropped hearing her teasing him. He glared at her. But she only rolled her eyes and continued grinning.

"I don't know any story." Arnav said embarrassed.

The little boys frowned at that. "Why you know no story. (Why you don't know any story)."

"I don't know any story." Arnav repeated.

"Why? In TV. Dada knows many stories. Why you know no story." They asked confused.

Arnav sighed. Earlier when Arnav asked the kids to ask him "Dada". They didn't know it's meaning. Later they saw a film in TV in which the Dad is very caring, loving and all. He play with the kids, tells them stories, the Dad-Mom together make the kid cut his birthday cake, all those things.

Since then his sons are trying to compare their 'Dada' with the father in the TV. They are trying to make him do all the things that Television father did. It was OK till some extend. But nowadays, the demands were increasing. They sometimes ask him to sing, dance and all.

He was horrified when his kids had asked him to dance in his office the other day. They had played some stupid 'Dabaang' song and had asked him to dance on it saying that it's the song of their Mumma's favorite actor. It took him a lot of time to pacify them. They were almost on the verge of crying. His heart broke seeing their sad face that for one moment he even got ready to dance on that stupid song.

But then he somehow pacified them and distracted them with a new video game. But now again, they had started. He seriously had to do something of this Television "Dada", otherwise he will be in great trouble one day.

"Kiddos, today Mumma will tell you a story, then tomorrow I will tell you. OK." He tried to reason with them. They frowned at him but nevertheless agreed. They turned to their mother demanding story. Seems like his stars were good today. Phew.

Khushi made them lie down on the bed and covered them with the blanket. Asking them to close their eyes, she started telling them a story. Few minutes into the story, they dozed off. Seems like his babies were too tired. Arnav mused.

He frowned seeing Khushi laughing at him. "What?" He asked annoyed.

"Nothing. You know it was funny." She tried to control her laugh but burst out laughing more.

"It wasn't funny, dammit. Seems like I have to do something of this Television 'Dada'." Arnav said thinking.

"Don't blame the Television 'Dada'. What was the necessary to ask them to call you Dada."

"What do you mean by that? They are my kids. What will they call me other than Dada." He frowned.

"Yeah. But you could have explained them properly what a "Dada" is, right?"

"Did you have explained them what a Mumma is?"

"They know what a Mumma is. They know me from their birth "

"Yeah, exactly. I thought they will understand it themselves than me telling them. I wanted them to find it out themselves. But how would I know that they would see some crap in TV and would start experimenting it on me." He asked frustrated.

"OK. Leave that. Couldn't you have fulfilled their demand. I mean it was just a story. You could have said anything."

"I don't know any stories. Anyways it's not about story. The other day, they were asking me to dance."

"What???" Khushi burst out laughing.

"Yeah. They again saw that stupid Television 'Dada'. And told me to dance."

"Then what happened? Did you dance? Oh God. I missed it. The Great Arnav Singh Raizada dancing."

"What??? No I didn't dance. I pacified them."

"But still it would have been funny, right. You are asked to dance and then your horrified face." Khushi started laughing loudly. Thank God the kids were in deep sleep, otherwise they would have surely got up.

Arnav looked mesmerized seeing her laughing freely. It was after years, he was seeing her so happy and carefree. Her eyes were twinkling in her happiness. A goofy smile spread on his lips.

Before he realized, words left his mouth, "You look beautiful while smiling."

Hearing that Khushi's smile died. Arnav came out of his trans. An awkwardness spread between them.

"Let's sleep." Arnav said. Khushi nodded silently. Both settled on their places and closed their eyes. The little ones snuggled to their parents seeking warmth. Both of them hugged the kids and drifted to sleep.

***************

Next day morning

The four people were sleeping snuggling to each other. Arnav was sleeping in one corner. Khushi and kids were sleeping snuggling upto him. Arav was almost sleeping on Arnav, Aryan and Khushi was hugging him from one side.

Arnav slowly opened his eyes feeling sunlight falling on his face. The scene in front of him surely warmed his heart. His little family in his arms. A soft smile came on his lips. He laid there admiring the sleeping form of the three most important people of his life.

Few minutes later, he felt Khushi stirring. Sensing that she was about to wake up, he closed his eyes not wanting to make the situation awkward.

Khushi slowly opened her eyes. Seeing the scene in front of her, her eyes propped out. Her face formed the perfect 3 'O's'. She was hugging Arnav in her sleep. She immediately left him and stood up. Taking her clothes, she ran to washroom.

Hearing the door closing sound, he opened his eyes. He chuckled at his innocent and crazy wife. Wife. That word gave him a feeling of belongingness with Khushi. Shaking his head, he got out of the bed, carefully, not wanting to disturb the sleep of his little ones.

Making them sleep on the middle of the bed, he secured them with pillows. He quickly changed his clothes, and left for jogging. Few minutes later, Khushi came out of the washroom.

Seeing Arnav not on the bed, she frowned. But looking at the clock, she understood  he might have gone for jogging. Shrugging, she went to get ready.

Sometime later, she got ready and came to wake up the little ones. Arnav also came back from his jogging. He saw Khushi waking up the kids. A smile came on his lips seeing them. They looked cute with their frown on being disturbed.

Slowly, they opened their eyes and sat on bed. They smiled seeing Arnav. A cute "Gud molling (Good Morning), Dada" escaped their lips. Arnav smiled and wished them back.

Khushi took them for getting ready in their rooms while Arnav got ready. After half an hour, all four of them were ready to start their day. They came down and saw the family in the living room.

They did morning pooja. And as per ritual, Khushi was asked to make something sweet. Khushi and Payal went to kitchen. Khushi cooked while Payal helped her in getting accustomed with the kitchen. Both the friends had fun while cooking.

Khushi made Kheer for everyone for which all praised her for her cooking skills. Everyone gifted her as per ritual. After breakfast, all were sitting in the living room relaxing when Shyam and Anjali came.

All smiled seeing them. Shyam brought Anjali for her pagphere. [Pagphere is a post wedding ritual. During the Pag Phera ceremony, the bride comes back to her parental home. But before that, the bride's brother generally comes to take back her to his home. When the ceremony ends, the groom come for taking her better half and seeks blessings from her parents. On the other hand, the bride's parents offer some attractive gifts to their daughter and son-in-law in the name of shagun as this is her first visit to parental home after the big event.]

All were having fun teasing them. Anjali came near Khushi and hugged her and the kids.

"How are you, Khush?" She asked cupping her face with her one hand.

"I am fine, Anju. You tell me how are you? Bhai didn't troubles you too much last night, right?" Khushi asked with a teasing smile.

Hearing that Anjali's eyes widened. "What??? Khush, you too." She pouted.

Khushi laughed at her. "Yeah, Anju. Tell us. Shyam Bhai didn't trouble you, na. If he did, tell us. We will tell him to go easy on you." Payal also chirped from behind Khushi.

"Payal, atleast you don't tease me, yaar."

"What 'you don't tease me, yaar'? Did you forget how you teased me and Akash during our time. Now it's payback time, dear." Payal said.

After some chitchat, Shyam left with Khushi and Kids for her pagphere. Both the newlywed brides spent the whole day with their families. Evening, Arnav came with Anjali and took back his wife and kids.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

308K 11.4K 23
Explore the captivating narrative of "Redeeming Love" as Arnav and Khushi, bound by an enduring love, navigate a journey through twists and turns. Un...
616K 9.2K 21
What if Arnav uses Khushi for his revenge? What if he throws Khushi out after using her? What if he meets her three years later and gets the biggest...
282K 9.1K 30
Story starts after Holi scene. Arnav forcefully gets married to Khushi for 6 months and they consummate. The agreement says that she must be a virgin...
74.1K 4.7K 28
Young lovers Khushi and Arnav are separated when Khushi leaves to pursue her career in a different city leaving Arnav disappointed by her betrayal. F...