Chapter 3

Arnav and Shyam sat down for breakfast. Looking ahead Arnav mentally groaned. God not again. Sitting just opposite his was Meera with her shy glances at him. Shyam gave a teasing smile to Arnav looking at Meera which was reciprocated with a glare from Arnav.

But the smile vanished from his face when he turned to Anjali who was shooting daggers at him. He face fell and he gave a pleading look to her. But Anjali simply shook her head and turned away her face.

Everyone noticed the exchange and had a amused smile on their faces. Arnav looked at Shyam with raised eyebrows but the latter only shook his head and looked down keeping mum. Arnav frowned at them.

NK who was till then silently watching the scene couldn't control his curiosity more. "Hey what happened. Why our newly engaged love birds seems to be at war on the first day after engagement. What happened Shyam Jiju. Why my crazy sister is looking at you if she is going to kill you with her killer looks itself." NK chirped trying to tease the couple.

"What I will say, yaar? Your sweet sister is angry with me because I didn't bring Khushi and kids with me while coming here." Shyam said giving another apologetic glance at Anjali.

"So what should I do other than being angry. Kiss you." Anjali fumed.

"I don't mind being kissed." Shyam muttered under his breath. Anjali almost blushed hearing that. Keyword almost. But she took control of her emotions at the last moment and put an indifferent face not giving in. The youngsters who were sitting around Shyam and Anjali whistled and hooted while the elders chose to ignore the comment.

"Mom see na. What this Shyamji did. He was coming here and he didn't bring Khush and Kiddos with him. You know how much plans I have made to spend time with them today. All went into drain because of him." Anjali complained to Ratna who smiled in return.

"See guys. It's not my fault. When I was coming, the kids were sleeping. I didn't wanted to wake them up early. So I didn't bring them." Shyam said.

"So what they were sleeping. Don't you have hands. Can't you lift them up and put them in your car.  They would have slept after coming here. Here also there are so many rooms. The babies could have slept after coming here.After all how much two three olds would weigh. I would have got to spend time with Khush and kids. But no you can't do that simple thing." Anjali said exacerbated.

Shyam could only gape at her. Others hid their smile. Seeing the banter going on and on, Ratna said trying to stop the argument, "Anju, so what happened if Khushi and kids didn't come with Shyam. You can call Khushi now and can invite her. I am sure she won't refuse."

"That can't happen, Mom. Yesterday when I talked with Khush, she told me that she and Lav had some important work today. So they won't be able to come now. I thought if they would come with Shyamji, then I would spend sometime with them. And once they go for their work, we will spend time with Kiddos as they will be here. Now Khush can't come, also Kiddos will be there at Shyamji's house with Maaji till they come back. It will be evening when they would be able to come here. For whole day, they have work." Anjali said pouting.

"Anju, it's OK, beta. You can meet them in the evening." Arjun said smiling.

"But Papa, I had made the whole plan to spend the day with babies but now everything went in drain all because of this Shyamji." She said shooting daggers at Shyam.

Arnav sat beside Shyam with clenched fists. The moment the conversation turned to Khushi, he felt anger and hatred rising in him. How the hell could his family be so loving and caring towards Khushi after what she did with Anjali.

And Anjali how could she behave so friendly with Khushi after what she did. For God's sake, she was on the verge of taking her life because of that girl and here she is fighting with her fiance and family for her. How could she forgive and accept Khushi in her life so easily. How could she make her her best friend and love her so much.