The Toxic Love

Від rupakukku

Khushi and Arnav are coming to Delhi after four years. Arnav is returning to India after staying in USA for f... Більше

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7a
Chapter 7b
Epilogue
Note and Explanation
Vote for final decision
Final decision

Chapter 4

16.5K 588 26
Від rupakukku

Khushi sat on her bed in Kashyap's apartment in Delhi after coming back from AR Designs. She had shifted there the previous day with Lavanya and kids. Sittng there she was lost in her thoughts.

Khushi Kumari Gupta was the younger daughter of business tycoon Shashi Gupta and Garima Gupta. Younger sister of Vishal Gupta.

For the outside world, she had a dream life. Beauty, brains, money, luxuries everything. But only she knew how empty she always felt from inside. Her parents never loved her. Never wanted her.

And they had always showed it. From leaving a newborn Khushi with her maternal grandparents to never getting involved in anything related to her life. They had always showed how unwanted she was.

Khushi's life was not a bed of roses. She always craved for the love of her parents but she never got it. On the other hand, they showered all their love on her elder sibling. She wondered sometimes, if it was due to her being a girl or simply because they were too busy in their own lives.

She also never had a proper relation with her brother. One because Vishal never wanted her. He was happy being the only child of his parents getting all their love and care which he didn't want to share with anyone. Another reason was he was too busy in his own super cool life with friends, money and girlfriends, that he didn't had time for his childish little baby sister.

The only solace in Khushi's life was her maternal family. They loved her to bits and provided her with everything. Her paternal family only consisted of Madhumathi and Shyam. Due to their middle class background, her parents didn't had much relation with them. On the other hand, her mother's parents were rich. Her mother belonged to one of the rich families of Lucknow. This made her parents have a greater bond with her maternal family than her father's family.

Khushi was an accidental child. Her parents never wanted her. When Garima got pregnant for the second time, they were surprised. They wanted to abort her. But due to some health problems they couldn't do it.

Khushi was born in Lucknow in her mother's home. Her mother used to stay there with her after her birth. Few days, after her birth, her mother returned back to Delhi with her father and brother but she left a few days old Khushi with her grandparents citing the reason that they won't be able to take care of her in their busy scheduled.

Even though her grandparents tried to convince her parents, it didn't had any effect. Later, they gave up and took care of Khushi with lots of love and care. Her maternal family consisted of her grandparents, Mama and Mami. Her Mama - Mami were childless. For them, Khushi was like a blessing. They brought her up like a princess with all luxuries and showered her with immense love. Though she missed her parents, Khushi was happy with her grandparents, Mama and Mami.

For her Mama - Mami, she was like their own child. With time, even Khushi had accepted them as her parents, though she knew the truth. She used to call them Ma-Papa.  It never bothered her if her Ma-Papa gave birth to her or not, the love they showered on her was invaluable and that was all that she wanted. For the world, she was daughter of Shashi and Garima, but the people who really gave parental love to her was her Mama - Mami.

After getting Payal as her best friend, Khushi was content in her little world with her grandparents, Ma-Papa and best friend, that she never bothered about her real family, her parents and brother.

Her Ma-Papa wanted to adopt her. Even her parents were ready as they never bothered about Khushi much. But everything got ruined.

Her bubble burst when she was 10 years old. Her little world crumbled. The death of her grandparents, Ma and Papa in an accident, ruined everything. She lost her world. She didn't realize what happened after that.

On minute she was happily living her life with her grandparents and Ma-Papa, the next minute, she lost them and her parents had taken her away to a new place. To a new world. Away from her home. Away from her city.  Away from her life. Away from her roots. To a completely new world.

She felt lost. She felt afraid. Her new home where her own parents and brother lived strangely felt scary to her. The new place and surroundings made her lost. She hadn't recovered from the death of her family, there she was in a new place.

Moreover the big mansion scared her. The loneliness and isolation scared her. In Lucknow she lived in a surrounding where she was constantly surrounded by people. Be it her grandparents, Ma-Papa, neighbors, friends, everyone. But in the big mansion in Delhi, she felt alone and lost.

Her parents and brother were too busy in their own lives to bother about her. The only people she was surrounded by were the maids and staffs in the big mansion who changed every now and then. The constancy in her life was lost.

Moreover the new city scared her. The high profile life, her parents lived scared her. The new people and the difference in their way of living confused her.

She was brought up in a very simple and traditional way by her grandparents and Ma-Papa. She was instilled with high values and beliefs by her grandparents. Always being dressed in colourful and traditional salwars and Anarkalis, talking softly and straight forward, she never understood the doubt meaning behind the words, the people around her uttered.

But her innocence and beauty was something that attracted people. She was clumsy. But her cute clumsiness was admired by the people back at her home in Lucknow. But in her new world, her each wrong step was looked upon with disdain and contempt.

Her parents admonished her for her clumsiness. Her brother laughed at her for her beliefs. The people around her berated her for her appearance, her dressing style, her lifestyle. Slowly she started loosing her self confidence. She started loosing herself in her new world.

She had nobody to show her the right path. She had nobody to help her. She didn't had parents who helped her adjust in the new world. She didn't had brother who protect her and told her the difference between right and wrong. She didn't had friends who would support her and accept her the way she was.

She was completely loosing herself. In her attempts to regain a control on her life, she desperately tried to adapt herself in her new world. She did everything the world around her demanded her to do.

She changed herself. She changed her dressing style, her lifestyle. She forwent her beliefs. She didn't let go of her values but she didn't let people see her vulnerability. She hid her real self behind her rudeness, arrogance and indifference.

Her new friends made her life something else, which she never thought. She started living with the flow. She started living the life that her surroundings forced her to. She either had to become a porcelain doll who worked perfect in every way possible or she had to become that bad girl who was dark and rebellious.

She chose the second one. So as to not loose her freedom. She wanted to live a life. She didn't wanted to depended on anyone. Atleast not on her that parents who considered her to be an unwanted burden. The first perfect porcelain doll lifestyle would have taken away her freedom and would have forced her to be a puppet in her parent's hands which she never wanted.

She never wanted to burden them with herself anymore. She lived in their home but she lived her own life. Her indifferent and bratty tomboy behavior kept them away from her life which gave a chance to live for herself.

Even though she showed to the world as a rich spoilt brat, she lived her life in her own terms, the way she wanted. She did everything she wanted. She studied and came first in her academic and co curriculars. She avoided the high profile life of her parents and lived her simple life.

She earned for herself and lived for herself. She did everything she wanted without people bothering about her and dictating her life. She was wrong for everyone, she was hopeless, so nobody bothered about her and it got her her life and freedom.

She never cared about what the world thought about her. She never cared how anybody looked at her. She was never bothered about anybody's opinion on her. She was a free bird and she wanted to be that. Away from restrictions, away from expectations, away from the fakeness of the world. In her own little cocoon.

She lived her life for herself. What others thought about her never bothered her. Except one. Him. The handsome, dashing, hot, sexy alpha male neighbor of hers. Arnav Singh Raizada. The perfect man.

It wasn't difficult to fall for him. He had everything. He was everything. The most amazing guys with looks, money and brains. The deadly combination. Like every girl who had ever laid their eyes on him, she was also smitten.

It started as teenage crush for her 15 year old self. She thought it to be an infatuation which will fade away with time. But when the feelings remained intact even after a couple of years, she knew she had fallen for him. And had fallen hard.

She felt his presence everything or was he everywhere, she didn't know. She admired him when they went for jogging early in the morning. It was her habit to wake up early in the morning, a habit instilled on her by her grandparents.

But when she used to see him coming to jogging with her at the same time and the same place, she felt elated. The fresh morning face of him always brightened her day.

She always felt his presence around her everywhere she went. Be it her little adventures with her friends during night or the night clubs and pubs she attended due to the pressure from her friends. She felt that he was always there with her. Sometimes she had even felt herself crazy for imagining him everywhere.

Once she had realized her feelings, it was very difficult to hide it. Many a times, she felt as if she should run to him and confess her feelings. But despite all the outwards nonchalant tomboy self, there always existed a shy, innocent self of her which always stopped her. It was very difficult for her to confess her feelings for him.

She couldn't act as her usual arrogant and indifferent self, atleast not in front of him, with whom she wanted to spend her life. She wanted him to know her. To know her true self. Not the fake one that she showed to the world. She wanted him to understand her and accept her the way she was.

So she didn't approach him. She waited for him to show any signs. She didn't know if he had any feelings for her or what he thought about her. Did he also thought her as a rich spoilt brat as everyone else. The thought itself left a pang in her heart.

She wanted to know what he thought about her. What he felt for her. Did he also had feelings for her like she did. She didn't know what to do. She decided to wait for him to make any move and confess his feelings.

Like that one year passed. She was 18 years old. But then a big problem came knocking at her doors. She heard her parents discussing about her marriage. She was 18 and could legally be married. And her 'ever eager to get rid of her' parents, were finally planning to get her married to sent her away.

She didn't know what wrong she had done that they despised her so much. They just wanted a reason to get rid of her and finally they have got it. But she wasn't ready to give up so easily. She decided to fight. Fight one last time. For her love. For her life. For a happy future with the man she love.

She decided to approach him no matter what. She didn't had a choice. Because if she gave up then she will loose everything. Keeping her shyness at bay, she decided to meet Arnav. She wanted to try. Atleast for once.

She wasn't ready to let go of her love without a fight. She decided to meet him and confess her feelings. She didn't know what was going to happen. How was he going to react. But she wanted to atleast express her feelings for once. So that she didn't had regret that she never tried.

She still remembered that day when she decided to meet him. After gaining lots of courage, she called him. When he picked up the phone, her heart started beating fast. But not hearing any response from other side, she was disappointed.

She was about to cut the call, when she heard a low "hello" in his husky voice. Her breath hitched hearing his voice. Composing herself, she said in the most confident way that she could, "Hello. I am Khushi Kumari Gupta. I want to meet you. Come in the west part of the jogging track in Rose Park in one hour. I will wait for you." She said in one breath and waited in anticipation.

Few minutes passed, there was nothing but silence from other side. Disappointed she was about to cut the call, she heard his voice. "OK. I will come."

"Hmm. Bye." She said and immediately cut the call without waiting for a reply.

She still remembered that meeting. The most memorable day of her life. The day which changed her life.

Flashback

Khushi was waiting in the Rose Park for Arnav. It was evening. This part of the park is mostly empty at this time. Due to the huge trees and plants on the either side of the jogging track, the area is mostly hidden from the outside world.

It was almost 6 o' clock. The sun is almost setting. The light evening breeze and the golden orange colour of the sun gave a beautiful ambience to the surroundings. Soon it will be dark but the glowing lamp post at one corner of the track gave enough light.

Few minutes later, she saw Arnav coming towards her. Her heartbeat increased. He looked out of the world in his prim and proper three piece Armani suit. The golden colour of the setting sun made his slightly tan skin glow. God it should be punishable to look so handsome. Khushi took a sharp intake of breath trying to control her irregular heartbeat.

Arnav looked at Khushi with expressionless face. She was in her usual attire. A brown leather jacket, black crop top, black ripped jeans and boots. Well for a change, she had avoided her black makeups and looked simple. Her mid back length brown hair was loose which glowed in the sunlight.

If it would have been any other time, Arnav would have been mesmerized. But learning about everything that she did to his sister, even seeing her beautiful face only made his anger reach heights. He felt like going and shaking her demanding an answer why she did all that to his sister. Taking a deep breath, he tried to control his anger, not wanting to burst it out on her.

Khushi felt all her confidence draining out of her seeing him. She thought that she would come and express her feelings to him. If he accepts, then maybe they could talk with her family and convince them for marriage.

She didn't know how her parents were going to react to him. She hoped that they accepted him. Thinking all these, she thought to confess her feelings but now seeing him in front of her, she felt weak.

All her courage that she mustered started leaving her. She couldn't do anything but stand in front of him, fidgeting. Arnav looked at her silently. He saw her standing silent in her place with an annoyed look.

"Yeah, tell me. Why did you call me? Why did you wanted to meet me?" Arnav said with an unreadable expression.

"Woh I... I..." Khushi cursed herself for stammering. God why is it so difficult. No Khushi. Come on. You can do it. Stop stuttering and just say it.

She took a deep breath and tightly closed her eyes. "I Love You." She said. Nothing more. Nothing less. A clear and straight confession.

Khushi tightly closed her eyes and crossed her fingers behind her in anticipation.

Arnav could do nothing but gape at her. What the hell. She loves him. Like Seriously. He couldn't believe what he heard.

"What???" He exclaimed.

"I Love You." She repeated still with closed eyes.

Arnav looked at her shocked. What the hell is this girl made up of. First, she went and molested his sister with her friends, driving her almost to the verge of death. Now she is coming and telling him that she loves him. He just couldn't understand anything.

"Is this some kind of joke." He asked exacerbated.

"What???" Now it was her turn to be shocked. "No. No. No. It's not any joke. I truly love you. I love you from a long time but then I thought I would wait to see if you have any such feelings for me. But now my parents is searching groom for me. So I thought I should confess my feelings." She said desperately.

Arnav looked at her with propped out eyes. What she loves him. If it had been a few hours back, he would have jumped out in joy hearing that she loves him. But now knowing her true colors, he felt nothing but hatred for her.

Not only for her. But he felt angry on himself. How could he love such a girl. Such an arrogant, selfish, indecent girl. Arrrg. He wanted to scream out. He just wanted to punish her for whatever she did to his sister. He just wanted to ruin her. He just wanted to teach her a lesson for her deeds.

He looked her. She was looking at him expectantly. He went and stood in front of her. She looked down not able to look into his piercing eyes. He gently kept his finger below her chin and made her look at him.

"Do you really love me?" He asked softly.

She nodded looking down. A small blush crept on her lips.

"I Love You too." He said smiling.

It took her a few seconds to process his words. Her eyes widened understanding his words. A smile bloomed on her lips. She felt tears at the back of her eyes.

"Really." She asked not able to believe what she heard.

"Yeah. I Love You too Khushi." He said smiling.

Her smile widened. He hugged her tightly in his arms. She hugged him back. A lone tear escaped from the corner of her eyes. She silently wiped it away before he could notice it. Closing her eyes, she savoured the feeling of being in her love's arms.

Breaking the hug, he cupped her face. She closed her eyes in acceptance understanding the meaning of his gaze. Soon his lips touched her lips. It was their first kiss. The first kiss for both of them.

They kissed slowly, savouring the feeling of their love. It was a kiss of love and acceptance. Few minutes later, they broke the kiss to take the necessary oxygen. Arnav kept his forehead on hers. He kissed her forehead tenderly. Khushi closed her eyes feeling his love.

It was first time, she was getting love after the death of her grandparents and Ma-Papa. That too from the man she loves. She felt as if she got the world. She felt complete being in his arms.

Few minutes later, Arnav broke the hug and looked at her. Khushi looked at him with a soft smile.

"Come, let's go." Arnav took her hand in his and started walking. Khushi followed him silently with a smile.

The sun had already set. It was dark. Arnav made Khushi sit in the passenger seat. Taking the driver's seat, he drove away. Khushi kept her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes just feeling his presence. Arnav pressed a kiss on her temple and continued driving.

Few minutes later, Khushi opened her eyes feeling the car stopping. Opening her eyes, she frowned seeing the unfamiliar surroundings. She looked at him with questioning eyes.

He smiled at her. "This is my farm house. I just wanted to spend some time alone with you so brought you here. If you are uncomfortable, then it's OK. We will go back."

"No, it's OK." Khushi smiled.

Both got down from the car and went inside. Nobody was there. The house was completely empty. Khushi was looking around. Arnav was silently watching her every actions.

"So did you like the place." He asked hugging her from behind and keeping his chin on her shoulder.

"This place is so beautiful. Nobody's here. But still it looks so clean and well maintained." She asked with confusion.

"Actually, a servant's there. He cleans and maintain the place. But he had gone to his native place for some work. So nobody's here today. I come here sometimes when I feel too hectic with my schedule to relax for some days. So the place is well maintained." Arnav said.

"Hmm. OK" Khushi said looking around. She was still lost in the beauty of the place. The artist in her was itching to come out. The beautiful house, the pleasant weather, the amazing garden, the antique interior designing of the house, everything is mesmerizing her.

Arnav looked at her lost in the surroundings. He slowly cupped her face and pecked her lips. Khushi looked at him with a small smile. He took her and made her sit in the love seat kept at the side opening towards the garden. Sitting beside her, he took her in his arms and started talking to her.

They talked about random things. Not much about themselves but general things. A few likes and dislikes of themselves etc.

One hour later

"Arnav, do you have any groceries here." Khushi asked suddenly.

Arnav was surprised but then smiled. "Yeah, I think there are some in the kitchen."

"OK then. I will prepare something for us to eat."

"You know to cook?" Arnav was surprised. He didn't expect her to know cooking.

"Yeah. Why?"

"Nothing. I didn't expect you to know cooking. You don't seem like a person who will cook at home."

"It's not necessary that what we see is always true. Leave it. I will make something for us." Saying that she went to kitchen.

Arnav sat there lost in his thoughts. Then shrugging, he followed her inside the kitchen. Half an hour later, both emerged out of the kitchen with dishes in their hands.

Setting it on the table, both sat down and started having their dinner with light conversation and teasing. After dinner, they settled in the living room watching a movie. Both were sitting in each other's arms.

Half an hour into the movie, they found themselves making out in the sofa in which they were seated. After innumerable hugs and kisses, finally Arnav carried a blushing Khushi in his arms and moved towards the adjacent bedroom.

Laying her down on the king sized bed, he laid beside her. Both were looking at each other intensely. They didn't realize when their lips met each other again.

Kissing her lips thoroughly, Arnav moved down to her neck. Biting onto the soft skin, he gave her a hickey and then soothed it with his kisses. Khushi could do nothing but moan at his ministration.

Coming up, he kissed her lips once again and looked deep into her eyes for permission to go further.

"I trust you." The words left her mouth.

Arnav looked at her with different emotions. He gulped. Her eyes showed the immense love and trust for him. Moving down, he once again took her lips for a soft kiss. Soon their clothes left their bodies and the room filled with moans and groans.

Hours later

Arnav looked down at Khushi who was sleeping with her head on his bare chest. Both their naked bodies were covered by a thin satin sheet. Khushi laid in his arms satiated after hours of continuous love making.

Arnav was looking at her serene, innocent looking face. He had made love to her for god knows how many times. But he still didn't felt like stopping, he just wanted to keep loving her.

She looked so beautiful with his marks on her. She was his. He had marked her his. It was their first time and he had marked her body as his. Emotions engulfed him. He felt lost.

He couldn't understand his own feelings. How could he do this. How could he love her. After what she did. When he confessed his feelings for her, the only thought in his mind was revenge. He wanted to punish her for hurting his sister.

But looking at her eyes, he felt lost. Why did it always depict innocence when her reality was far from it. He only wanted to punish her. That was why he said that he loved her. He thought he would make her fall in love with him and then leave her, so that she feel hurt. So that he could take revenge for his sister's pain and hurt.

But the moment her innocent eyes looked at him, he lost his control and kissed her. He didn't had any other intention when he brought her here but the surroundings, her beauty, their loneliness, everything triggered him and he didn't realize when he lost himself in the passion.

But now looking at her in his arms, he felt angry towards himself. How could he loose control like this. No. He can't. He can't forgive her. He can't let go of her so easily after what she did to his sister.

She had to pay. She had to pay for every tear that his sister shed. She had to feel the pain that his sister went through. She can't get away hurting his sister. He will make sure of it.

Arnav's hand clenched remembering his sister's teary eyes. His eyes became blood shot red. He looked at Khushi with hatred. Because of her, his sister was about to take her life. And he can't forgive her for that. He will punish her. Punish her that she also had to be heart broken like his sister.

She loves him, right. Now this love will destroy her. This love will hurt her so much that she would feel and experience the pain his sister went through. The pain of betrayal.

He looked at her with hatred. The love was gone and was replaced by hatred. And now that same hatred is going to destroy everything. Destroy her. Destroy his love. And Eventually Destroy him.

Arnav detached himself away from her. Wearing his pants, he went and stood by the balcony looking outside. It was almost dawn. The sun was slowly rising.

Khushi stirred loosing the warmth of his arms. Getting up, she sat on the bed. She saw him standing at a distance from her in the balcony. She could see his shirtless figure from the small sunlight entering the room.

Wrapping the sheet around her and making a knot just above her breasts, she tried to get down from the bed only to wince in pain. She was still sore. Slowly moving, she got down from the bed.

Once again securing the sheets around her, she took slow steps and reached him. Hugging him from behind, she placed her head on his back. "Good Morning, Arnav." She said softly.

Arnav had sensed her the moment she woke up. He stiffened when she winced in pain but nevertheless stayed put. He could sense her each movement but he didn't reacted. When she reached him and hugged him from behind, his hands fisted.

Unaware of his change in demeanor, Khushi continued, "Arnav, I Love You. I don't know if it's the correct time to say all these... Arnav, will you please talk to my parents about our marriage. They are finding groom for me. I don't want to marry anybody else nor I want any problems to arise between us later. Will you please talk to my parents and try to convince them."

Arnav closed his eyes and clenched his teeth. He was loosing it. His anger and frustration was increasing. The image of his sister with that knife near her wrist was playing in front of him again and again.

He slowly detached her hands away from his waist and turned around. Looking at his blood shot red eyes, Khushi was shocked and concerned. Slowly cupping his cheeks, she asked, "Arnav, what happened? Why are you like this?"

He took her hand away from his face and threw it away. "Don't touch me." He spat harshly.

Hearing his harsh sound, she flinched. She looked at his angry face, scared. Seeing her scared face, he felt weak for a moment. No Arnav. Don't go at her innocent face. All this is a facade. Remember what she did your sister. His mind reminded him.

Once again the hatred in him overpowered the love he had for her in his heart. Khushi was concerned looking at him. She tried to touch him. "Arnav."

He stepped back and shouted angrily, " I said don't touch me, dammit."

She took two steps back in fear. "Arnav... I..." A cry escaped her lips. He looked at her with eyes spitting fire.

"Arnav, please tell me what happened? Why are you behaving like this? You are scaring me, Arnav." Khushi said with welled up eyes.

"Oh so you don't know what happened? You are asking me what happened? Wow. Khushi Kumari Gupta. Wow. I must say you are an amazing actress. Why don't you try in some films." He asked sarcastically.

"Arnav, what are you saying. I couldn't understand anything. What happened? Did I do any mistake. Please tell me. I couldn't understand anything?" She pleaded with teary eyes.

Arnav clenched his teeth seeing her tears. His anger reached the skies. "Oh so you don't know anything? You couldn't understand anything?  Now you want me to tell you what happened, right. Then listen."

He strode towards her and pulled her towards himself by tightly clutching her shoulders. Khushi winced feeling his tight hold. Tears escaped her doe shaped eyes.

"Arnav, please leave me. You are hurting me." She cried.

"Oh, it's hurting you, huh. Then what about the hurt you and your good for nothing friends have caused my sister. Do you know in which state my sister is? What had happened to her?" He asked angrily.

"Anjali? What happened to her?" She asked confused. What had happened to Anjali. Why is he blaming her and her friends for it. Did her friends do something to Anjali? She knew that her friends played pranks on others. She had tried to stop them several times but they never listened to her. Did they do some pranks on Anjali. Is it why he is angry on her?

She knew that her friends were not so good people. She had tried to stop them but they never listened. So she had also let it be. Though they were her friends and she used to hang out with them, she was never really a part of their gang.

She used to party and do some small harmless adventures with them, but she was never really too much involved with them. She had a separate life from them. Her involvement with them had caused her many problems but still she never bothered about their lifestyle.

The only good thing due to her friendship with them was their contacts. They had amazing contacts and that gave her enough opportunity for her work. She needed contacts so that she could get good buyers for her paintings which was her source of income and their friendship gave her that.

She had tried to correct them many times but they never listened and later she gave up. As far as they didn't cause any serious harm to anybody she was OK with them. Fortunately their pranks and mischiefs were only limited to college. Outside they were decent. Bratty but still harmless.

So she never bothered about them much. Because her involvement with them was mostly for her outside work. Inside college, she had her own life. Books, studies, her extra curricular activities, it always kept her busy that she never had time for them.

Now seeing Arnav accusing her and her friends, she couldn't understand anything. Did they do anything to Anjali. Did they rag her or did any new pranks on her. She was confused.

If they did, then this time, she was surely going to give a piece of her mind to them. She was fed up of them. Can't they understand, they can't just go ahead and hurt each and everyone. And Anjali. She is already so fragile and soft.

She will start crying at the drop of a hat. In spite of knowing that they went and hurt her. God, what's she supposed to do with these guys. And Anjali. She is tired of her. From the time, she had met her. She's trying to made her understand to be independent.

But no whatever may happen, she won't do anything. She will just run and start crying sitting at a corner. Her innumerous taunts and harsh words never affected her. From the time, she had met her, she was trying to make her understand to be independent. She used to taunt her thinking that atleast hearing her taunts itself, she would react and stand up for herself.

But no. Everytime she would just cry and run away. She knew Anjali was physically challenged and the people around her had made it such a big issue that even a small thing would hurt her immensely. The people around her had always only protected and safeguarded her from problems. They had never encouraged her to fight.

It was the reason for her frailness that a small issue and it will become a mountain out of a mole. For her, Anjali was always an unacknowledged friend. She always wanted her to fight for herself. Though Anjali never considered her as one, for Khushi, Anjali was always her friend. For whom she always silently looked out for.

Then what happened now. What happened as such that Arnav's so angry on her. Khushi came out of her thoughts feeling Arnav's hold tightening on her.

Her eyes left more tears. Her face was red due to crying. She looked at Arnav with pleading eyes. But he ignored her pain and pleading.

"You are asking me what happened to Anjali, right? As if you don't know. But still if you insist that I say it from my mouth, then listen. I know that you and your friends molested Anjali at the theatre. I came to know about your truth. I know that it was you and your friends who did all that to my sister. But I must say, you are brilliant Khushi Kumari Gupta. I mean what an acting. You did all that to my sister and then you come and profess your love to me. I mean you should get an award for your guts." Arnav mocked.

Khushi looked at him scandalized. What, Anjali's molested? When? How? And why is he blaming her and her friends for that. She knew that her friends play pranks but molestation. No. They can't do that. They are not that cruel. But then why is he blaming them.

"Arnav, what are you saying? Anjali's molested? When? What happened? How is she? Is she fine?" Khushi asked in concern.

"Quit your acting, Khushi Kumari Gupta. You don't have to pretend as if you care for my sister. I know your true colours. It was all done by you and your friends."

"No, Arnav. You are misunderstanding. Me... My friends. No Arnav. We... We don't know anything. We didn't do anything. Arnav trust me. We didn't do anything." Khushi pleaded.

"Trust. Oh so you want me to trust you. After all that you did with my sister, you want me to trust you. Wow. And about which misunderstanding, you were talking about. There is no misunderstanding. I know everything. I know your true colours, Khushi Kumari Gupta. You might be able to fool the world with your tears and innocent face. But not me. Do you know in which situation my sister is, today. She tried to kill herself. Do you know how I felt seeing her in that state. It's all because of you. You are responsible for her this state."

"No, Arnav. You are misunderstanding me. I didn't do anything. I love you, Arnav. Please trust me. I didn't do anything with Anjali." Khushi pleaded desperately.

"Really, misunderstanding. There's no misunderstanding, Khushi Kumari Gupta. And what were you saying, you love me. Really. Do you even know the meaning of love. A girl like you can never understand the meaning of love. Girls like you can only understand the meaning of only lust. Yesterday you confessed your love to me and then what did you do. You slept with me. You slept with a man whom you have only properly met and talked to for a few hours. God only knows, how many men you must have slept with before me. Girls like you can go to any extend to get what they wants. Sleeping with anyone or molesting someone is all just nothing for you, right." Arnav said with hatred dripping from his voice.

In his hatred, he didn't realize what he was doing. What he was saying. He was hurting the one girl he loves most in his hatred. He was insulting the most beautiful moment that happened between them in his hatred. He was insulting their love.

He knew that what he said about her was wrong. She didn't do anything wrong as he accused her. She was his. Only his. She was a virgin and had given it to him. She had given herself to him. But he was so lost in his hatred that all those things didn't mattered to him.

All he wanted was to hurt her. To punish her. To punish her for what happened to his sister. To punish her for his sister's pain. He wanted to take revenge on her for his sister.

In all this, nothing mattered but his hatred. His hatred had overpowered him. And he wanted to destroy her. But he never realized that in his quest of hatred and revenge, he will not only destroy her but himself.

Khushi was numb. She was numb hearing his accusations. She felt like someone had taken her heart out of her body and stamped on it. The man she loved with her everything, thought this cheap about her. The man she gave her everything to, her heart, her body, her soul, her everything, accused her so brutally.

She felt coldness seeping into her. She just wanted the earth to split and take her in. She just wanted everything to end. She just wanted her life to leave her body this instant. She couldn't take it anymore.

Her tears had dried up. Her throat was parched. No word escaped her lips. She just looked at him blankly. She didn't had anything to say. She didn't had anymore energy left in her. She felt like someone had sucked the life out of her. What was she supposed to do.

She wondered if he would have rejected her yesterday, then would it have hurt her so much. Maybe not. But the few moments of love that he showered on her, had made her weak. Had made her dream. Dream for a future with him.

It had been after so many years that she felt love and care in her life. When she felt it, her heart came alive and started wishing for love once again. In that, she forgot that she wasn't destined to get love.

Everytime she had wished for love, she had only got hurt and disappointment. First it was her parents and brother, they never loved her, then her maternal family and best friend, Payal, when she got love from them, fate had brutally snatched them from her.

Now once again, she dreamed for love. Love of the man she loved. He also showed her traces of love and had snatched it brutally from her. Why? Why is she so unlucky. Don't she have any right on love? Can't she ever expect anyone to love her? Why? Why everytime she dream of getting some love, it's snatched away from her.

Arnav looked at her angrily. He felt something changing inside him seeing her broken face. No. He can't be weak. He left her shoulders and turned around. Running his hands through his hair,he pulled at it.

Turning around, his eyes once again split fire. "You know what, just get lost. I hate you. Did you hear me. I hate you."

Saying that he once again looked at her face and left from there after wearing his clothes. He had slowly started feeling a pain in his heart. And he didn't want to show his feelings to her. He came out of the farmhouse and immediately left from there leaving a broken soul inside.

Khushi's knees buckled. She fell on the ground not having anymore energy to stand up. She didn't realize till when she sat on the cold floor of that room.

A couple of hours later, she entered inside her house silently. She wasn't in her right state of mind. She didn't realize when she got up from that floor, freshened up and left that room. She had no idea how she managed to get a cab and reach home in her dazed state.

Entering inside of her house, she saw her parents and brother having their breakfast. None of them acknowledged her presence and continued to have their food not even bothered to ask her to eat anything.

Silently she went to her room. Closing the door behind her, she broke out into tears. She laid on the cold floor, crying her heart out. Fortunately or unfortunately her room was soundproof. So nobody heard her cries. Hours later, she got up from the floor and laid on the bed. She didn't had anymore energy left in her to do anything. Maid came with her food, but she refused not having any desire to have anything.

For two days, she remained inside the confines of her bedroom. She didn't talked to anybody. Her friends used to call her but she never attended their call. Her parents and brother never bothered. She used to eat only once in a day that too small amount to keep herself going.

She didn't had any more desire to live. She was too broken to even think straight. Whole day, she spent in her bedroom, silently looking at the ceiling.

After three days, Payal called her. When she didn't get Khushi's call for two consecutive days, she was concerned. She talked to Payal. Though she didn't said anything about that happened between her and Arnav. She had never told about her feelings for Arnav to Payal. For some reasons, that was the only secret that she kept from her best friend.

Nevertheless she told her about Anjali's incident. Hearing that Payal felt bad and started cursing the culprits. It was then Khushi felt that atleast she should try to prove her innocence. It's not to show to anybody but atleast for her own satisfaction, she had to do it.

She finally had a motive. That made Khushi come out of her room after two days. She went to her college and confronted her friends. They straightaway denied the accusation. Khushi wasn't convinced but then when she thought about it, it was true.

That day they all had went to theater together. But during recess, one of her friends got a call that his mother was serious and was admitted in hospital. All of them immediately went to hospital. Khushi was about to follow them in her bike, when she got a call from one of her dealers regarding one of her paintings.

She talked with the dealer standing outside the theater, it was then she noticed, Anjali coming out of the theater. She saw her walking towards washroom. She turned around and continued talking in the phone. She didn't saw Anjali coming out.

But later, when the call ended, she immediately left from there to hospital. She didn't thought about it much then. But now when she thinks about it, it may be the same incident. If it was so, then even her friends was not wrong in this case. They were not even present there when the incident happened.

But nevertheless her friends promised to help her in finding the real culprits. She didn't told them what happened between Arnav and her. Just said that they think that it was them behind the incident. Her friends didn't asked much questions.

They helped her. Together they went to the theater and through the CCTV cameras they found the real culprits. It took one week to actually find them. In that time, she came to know that Arnav had already left for USA.

But still she wanted to prove her innocence. They found the culprits and brought them to Anjali and punished them. She was satisfied. Atleast her innocence is proved. Her friends also heard her words this time and apologized to Anjali for their earlier behavior.

Flashback ends

After that incident, her life went back to its original form. She concentrated more on her studies and work to forget about Arnav. She tried to avoid all those things that reminded him of her. She stopped going for jogging.

She stayed at home more doing her work. She talked less to Payal afraid that she would give away something. She did everything that would distract her from his thoughts.

In this one month passed. But she never realized that it was the calmness before the storm. Her parents finally found a groom for her. A 40 year old business man for their 18 year old daughter. That time, she realized her worth in their life.

An unwanted burden which they wanted to get rid off anyhow. A commodity which they were going to exchange for a huge profit in their business. She felt disgusted of herself for ever having born to them.

But the real storm entered her life, when she realized the presence of an another life growing inside her. All hell broke loose. Her parents found out and they were furious. They wanted her to abort which she blatantly refused. They tried to force her, she resisted.

Her marriage broke. They were humiliated. Their plans to get rid of her was ruined. All their business plans went into drain.  They couldn't take it. And they did what they always wanted. They threw her out.

But she didn't give up. She couldn't. She couldn't let go of that one life that would have truly loved her. She couldn't let go of the symbol of her love. Even though, Arnav had rejected her and had left her, she couldn't let go of that innocent soul that he left in her.

So She fought. She fought with the entire world. For her baby. For the symbol of love. Everyone abandoned her. Her family, her friends, the society, everyone. But One helping hand came from the person she least expected. Shyam.

Madhumathi and Shyam came as a blessing for her but the society overpowered their love. The humiliation and taunts they had to hear because of her, broke her. Though they stood by her, she couldn't let them suffer because of her actions. She couldn't let the society hurt them for her.

She ran. She ran away to Bangalore. To a new place. To a new world. Away from everything and everyone that she knew and that knew her. She made a small world. A small world for herself and her babies.

Her babies were her strength. For the world, they were the reason of her destruction. But for her, they were the reason of her living. They were the reason of her existence. She didn't know if there wouldn't have been there, what she would have done.

The last 3-4 years weren't easy for her. She struggled but at the end of everything, it was the happy faces of her babies that kept her going.

When she found out about Shyam's love for Anjali, she was happy. Genuinely happy for her brother. She knew Anjali. With all her weakness, she was still the most amazing girl. But when she came to know about Anjali rejecting Shyam due to her insecurities, she knew she had to step in.

She can't let Anjali run away due to her insecurities. Not this time. It would have only hurt herself and Shyam. She stepped in and demanded to talk to Anjali. Anjali was hesitant initially but she still came.

Came to Bangalore. It wasn't easy to convince her. God the girl was stubborn. It took a lot of their patience and stupid filmy ideas to convince her. But then once everything fell in place, there was no looking back.

The relations grew. Through Anjali, she got acquainted with Raizada family. It started through phone calls and Anjali's insistence that her family and best friend meet. But once they met, it didn't take long for her to become a part of their family.

With the kids, it was instantaneous. The moment, they met any member of the Raizada family, they jelled up with them as if they knew for ages. Sometimes she wondered if it was due to the same blood they shared or simply because of her kids' charms.

Like Shyam had said the other day, her kids behaved differently with Raizada family. Usually they take too long to get accustomed with anyone but with them it was as if they knew they are their family. The Raizada family also loved them to bits.

Khushi was happy seeing her kids' getting the love of their family. She had many times heard the elder ladies of the family saying how her kids resembled Arnav in his childhood. They had many times joked that if Arnav would have kids, then they would resemble her babies. If only, they knew the truth.

But when she came to know about Shyam and Anjali's marriage getting fixed, she knew she was trapped. There was no way that she could run away. She had avoided going to Delhi for 4 years not being ready to face the demons of her past.

But this time, it was inevitable. She had to go. It was her Shyam Bhai's marriage. That too with Anjali. If she missed it, then Anjali would literally skin her alive. Even during Payal's marriage she avoided going to Delhi as the marriage was thankfully kept in Lucknow.

But this time, she had to finally go to Delhi. And also face him. Arnav Singh Raizada. The man who made her world upside down. The meeting was inevitable.

And what she expected happened, when she reached for engagement, he was there. She was very well aware of his penetrating gaze on her. But she avoided it. Chose to ignore it and act nonchalant.

She didn't expected him to create a scene. Not atleast in his sister's engagement. But when he did and asked her about her kids' father, she was shocked. She knew that she couldn't refuse to answer him. It would have raised doubts. So she gave the answer her heart had given her since the past four years - Her Kids' father is no more. Her love is no more.

When the other day, Shyam gave her the proposal of working on a project with Arnav, she was shocked. She was about to refuse but before that, Lavanya agreed. She couldn't disappoint her.

Due to her personal reasons, she couldn't throw away such a great opportunity that was coming in Lavanya's life. The project was big. It would have gained them good professional hikes. She agreed. More so for her best friend.

Meeting Arnav at office and still acting aloof was not easy. But he himself seemed to be in a rush to keep her away. But what came as a shock was her kids.

When she didn't find her babies in the garden when she left them, she panicked. Knowing that, they were in Arnav's cabin, she immediately rushed there. But standing outside the door of his cabin, she got the biggest shock of her life, Arnav asking her babies to call him - Dada.

Did he found out the truth. Did he found out that they are his. Her mind questioned. No it can't happen. She wasn't ready to give upon her children. She didn't have any problem in him knowing that they were his children.

But what scared her was what if he tried to snatch them from him. She was scared to loose her babies. She knew he hated her. What if he take her babies away from her. How will she survive. No. She can't.

Determined, she entered inside his cabin to see him sitting on the sofa with the twins in his lap laughing and smiling. Keeping a stern face, she said that it was time for them to leave. Reluctantly, they left each other.

Her kids gave a kiss on his either cheeks which he reciprocated. Getting down from his lap, they ran to her. Before getting out of the cabin, she saw him looking at them with longingness in his eyes.

Khushi closed her eyes feeling tired. Her thoughts were broken by the squealing babies who ran inside the bedroom. Taking each of them in her arms, she hugged them closer.

***************

Arnav sat on his bed lost in his thoughts. He felt emptiness seeping inside him when Khushi left with the kids. He couldn't work anymore. Packing his bags, he returned back home.

He was sitting in front of his laptop, trying to work, from the past one hour. But everytime he felt his mind drifting off to Khushi and Kids.

When the kids called him Dada, he felt as if he conquered the world. He was sad when they left with Khushi. He felt more guilty.

If he didn't had misunderstood Khushi, betrayed and left her. Then today his life would have been something else. Khushi would have been here with him. She would have been his wife.

Arav and Aryan would have been his children. Not some nameless faceless dead man's children. He felt jealous of that man. The man who had owned the body and maybe the heart and soul of the girl he loved. The man who was the father of those beautiful children. Oh how much he wished that he had trusted Khushi then.

If only he had trusted on his love. If only he had gave her a chance to explain. If only he had tried to find out the truth. Then today his life would have been something else. He would have been happy with Khushi and their kids.

But now everything is ruined. His one mistake and he lost everything. He lost his love. His life. Everything.

If only he hadn't acted impulsive then. If only he hadn't let his hatred overpower his love. If only he had trusted his love enough.

He wanted to destroy her in his hatred but now he himself is destroyed because of that. He lost the girl he loved in his hatred. He destroyed her and himself in it.

If only he hadn't left her, then she wouldn't have been with that man. Nor she would have been a single mother. All that happened is because of him. He felt like killing himself.

Arrrg. He screamed. He cried. If only his love was above his hatred.

Hatred makes people blind. Love is the only weapon that can make people see reality.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

343K 18.6K 34
Everything was smooth and fine. Arnav and Khushi, after a hell journey, were about to get remarried when dadi came with a blast. Dadi's revelations a...
47.8K 1.6K 28
This story follows the timeline of the show IPKKND. (Entire storyline explained in the chapter). However,soon after the marriage contract expires, Kh...
149K 6.4K 18
Six months contract marriage ended with divorce, leaving broken Khushi who totally humiliated and abused by Arnav and his family, REVENGE IS WHAT SHE...
20.9K 1.3K 9
ARSHI LOVE STORY. They met by accident, fall in love by accident. But do they? What if all of this already preplanned? What will happen to their love?