Badass Rivalry

By shookasfv

Highest rank #8 in Humor ~~ Skylar Jones was the type of girl who attracted trouble, so it was only a matte... More

ABOUT.
VISUAL AESTHETICS
P R O L O G U E : O N E
P R O L O G U E : T W O
Rooftop Shenanigans
Spice Girls and Daftass revelations
Tackling Badboys and Foodfights
Jacob Sartorius and surprises
Harambe, Lesbians and Onesies
Overstuffed Chimpanzees and Walmart extravaganzas
Hair removal cream and 2007 Britney Spears
Car chases, Cornfields and Beyonce
Memory loss, sunsets, and promises
Large Pillows, Martial Arts and Cuddles
Havoc, Police, and Déja Vu
Triggered, Shook and his Meme Queen
Ballet, Elephants and Sober Peaches
A shirtless Chase and yummy omelettes
Tongue-tied mornings.
Sex hair, Meeting the parents and Utmost buffoonery
One direction, Mean Girls and Unexpected Calls
Loneliness, Dolce and Distractions
Shots, Saviours and Sparks
Daddy Shrek, alarm clocks and first dates
Walmart, Pick-up lines and Minion Action Figures
Solo cups, Gay lovers and Redbull highs
Romeo's, Tree Jumping and Proximity
Spring break party, Dancing and Kisses
Apologies, Coincidence, and Buffet

Champagne Kisses, Awaited conversations, and Running in circles

5.2K 223 54
By shookasfv

Chase felt as though his feelings were jumbled into a fucking yoga ball and hurled at him at the speed of light. He really didn't know what to say, but from the corner of his eye, he saw Skylar sitting across from him anxiously gnawing at her lip waiting for him to finally break his silence. She preferred him making his witty comments, and the silence was unwelcoming and oddly cold.

"You are awfully confusing," Chase said as he diverted his glance from the window to Skylar who was sitting across from him.

"I am so sorry," Skylar said as she adjusted herself against the windowsill, leaning against it and bringing one of her legs to her knee, exposing the other through the slit in her dress.

Chase noticed, he took a sip of champagne.

After the kiss, Skylar had explained the whole story from her side but only after they had managed to distance themselves from the meeting downstairs.

And now here they sat, across from each other, Chase didn't really understand her reasoning, but at this point, he didn't really care anymore. Well, actually he stopped caring the moment she had kissed him the second time, her lips made a very compelling argument.

Things between them were anything but simple. That was primarily to blame on the fact that people's minds are not simple, they aren't black and white- if they were the world would be a much simpler place, we would deem Donald trump as a blatant racist- not the President of the United States- but hey! we love to sugar coat things, don't we?

But alas, the world is full of complications so as long and two people can put their differences aside- who really cares about understanding?

"It's okay, I'm sorry for getting mad," He said, Skylar found it endearing- seeing as he had nothing to apologize for.

"Well, I guess I forgive you," She said sarcastically as she wiggled an eyebrow with a smile on her face,

"God, I hate fighting," She said, "Pranking is just so much more fun,"

Chase looked at her and just laughed because they weren't the serious couple who fought, they were the easy couple who seemed to get along so effortlessly between constant chatter and flirtatious comments.

She was glad he laughed, and she loved how he was so easy to forgive her- because for a second she really thought she might have fucked everything up.

Skylar loved how he looked under this light, the faint fairy lights above them dimly lit up the room, the rest was illuminated by the sparkling lights of the city under them. The building itself was on top of a hill and they were sitting in the attic of the building, the room was enormous, almost like an old timely ballroom long forgotten. The roof was dome-shaped with intricate paintings and patterns highlighted in gold swirlings all across it. The room looked like it had not been used in a very long time- but was well taken care of. There were several large windows in the room, and the two were sitting on the sill of one, face each other- looking so small against the scheme of things.

"Also, you do realize that our moment is plastered on about every local newspaper this town has to offer," She said looking out the window.

This was actually the first time Chase had heard about this- but he should have expected it. Chase was a troublemaker but Skylar was always in the spotlight- not that it ever bothered him. Skylar's father was practically a legend, putting their small town on the map. On top of that Skylar's rebellious antics always fueled town gossip. So the combination of the two factors led her to be very famous in the town. Chase was also talked about- but not newspaper level talked about so he was startled upon hearing this, but he didn't show it- This was her world, he had to blend in.

"Did they get my good side?" he said teasingly.

"You have a good side?" She said with a faux-shocked expression.

"You would know, you're the one who has been staring at me with those lust-filled eyes," He countered with a smirk.

"Oh shut up," she said as she rolled her eyes

"Make me," He said, his eyes shining with invitation.

Skylar leaned forward to kiss him, pressing her mouth against his smile. Before they knew it, Chase brought her in closer, his hands going up her leg and her hands through his hair. That was before Skylar pulled away smirking, and took a step back

The blue-eyed boy looking up at her with dazed eyes and a pout,

"Sorry, who had the- how did you describe it again?" She said as she pretended to think, "Oh yeah lustful eyes?"

Chase laughed, "Lustfilled, come here,"

Skylar sauntered over to him, smiling- she liked this feeling of butterflies and jitteriness.

"I'd say that the Spring break party was a success," She said once she sat next to him,

"Yea, I'd say my impeccable ability to dip you really added the final kaboom," He said wrapping his arm around her shoulder

"No, I'd say that would be the steamy makeout session," She blurted out instantly without thinking.

All of a sudden the atmosphere of the room became tense. The two were extremely good bantering- both of them always had a witty remark that seemed to compliment. But that was just another way to avoid the real issue, something that was bothering both of them.

Skylar took in a deep breath, before giving a smile that they both knew was fake.

"We still have to go downstairs, meet some lawyers, you know got to get in on those deals," She said before standing up and pressing down her dress, trying to escape the conversation that she knew was coming.

"Believe me, we aren't missing much," He said in an attempt to get her to stay and talk without being pushy.

"Well- just in case!" She said as she brushed her hair behind her ear hurriedly as she turned around towards the stairs. That was what she was good at- running away.

But Chase had already figured that out,

He sprinted past her to the door- blocking it before she got the chance to leave.

" Skylar- please can we just talk?" Chase said

She turned around, "Talk? What is there to talk about?"

"Oh come on! Are you really going to do this? We just keep going in circles," He said starting to get annoyed.

" I don't have any clue about what you are talking about," She said trying to be nonchalant.

"This, Us, What are we doing? Is this all part of the plan? Is it real?" He said, all his frustration falling out. He was so unsure about the situation and nervous to cross any borders, the lines of which were already so blurry.

Skylar faltered,

"I don't know Chase," She said exasperatedly as she let her arms fall to her sides, "When we started this I felt nothing for you other than hate-"

Chase felt his heart drop,

" But now there's nervousness and feelings involved," she continued,

Chase didn't know what he was expecting, maybe a 'yes' or a 'no'. What the hell did 'I don't know' mean? Is that code for 'no'? If you couldn't tell Chase Illea was a Class A overthinker.

"What do you want it to be?" Chase said as he felt his chest knotting up with anxiousness, and his heart beating so so fast.

" I - well I want it to be real, but that means we get a proper first date and a redo of whatever the fuck we have got caught up in," Skylar said, waving her hands in the hair dramatically before she paused, "If that's what you want,"

Chase smiled, "I'd love that and I think I manage that,"

Skylar smiled, "Well thank god because it would be real a bummer to go find someone else. You know, I'd have to redo the whole thing and that's kind of tiring,"

Chase just rolled his eyes, " Do you want to go downstairs? You know to get in on those deals," He said mimicking her.

"Actually, I think we could do some better things up here,"

WELL, I FINALLY WROTE ANOTHER CHAPTER.

DISCLAIMER THIS HAS YET TO BE EDITED.

I KNOW IT WAS A LIL CHOPPY BUT I WANTED TO SHOW DYNAMIC AND SHOW THAT THEY AREN'T PERFECT PEOPLE AND THEY HAVE A LOT TO CHANGE BC CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT IS KEY AND THIS BOOK IS GONNA BE A JOURNEY. A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE ASKED ME TO DO FIRST PERSON POV BUT IM NOT GONNA CUZ I WANNA SHOW THIS STORY AS US LOOKING IN ON THEIR STORY AND SEEING THE CHARACTERS CHANGE.

WOAH RANT OVER.

ALSO TELL ME HOW UR FEELING, DID YALLS HAVE EXAMS ? DID YALLS LIKE THIS CHAPTER? LET ME KNOW! ALSO IF SOMEONE IS A BOSS AT MAKING COVERS PLS MESSAGE ME BC I RLLY WANT A NEW COVER!

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR READING ILY AND 250 000 READ FUCK IT UPP WOOO

AND AS ALWAYS BE SURE TO VOTE COMMENT AND SHAREEEE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

375K 14.9K 35
Tori Anderson is the typical shy, nerdy seventeen year old. After her parents died, she's been living in a foster home with her foster mom and the o...
32K 1.8K 50
|| Highest Ranking - #2 in smart-ass (11 May 2018) || Andrea Red is a girl with a wild imagination. After reading millions of books about the girl th...
4.2K 264 35
𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙛𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙖 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙖 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙤𝙠𝙚 𝙪𝙥 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙮𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚...
1.4K 233 40
Highest rank: #6 on badboylovestory and #3 on funnyromance She was the moon and he was the sun. But even they can be seen together in the same sky so...