quick as lightning

By Dreamsofdragons1

Piper Fray was normal, well...she didn't eat the stalk part of her broccoli but other than that she was norma... More

Sooooooooo
1. In which the twins are 18
2. Insight
4- the goblet of huffelpuff
5. Twintuition
6. Kind of creature
7. Adjustments
8. Seeing through your eyes
9. Skin tight
10. truth time
11. Sweet tooth
12. A regular merida
13. Lions, tigers, werewolves oh my
14. Madmax
15. Lightwood's girlfriend
16. aVOIDance
17. Slapdown showup
18. Yes jace, since demons
19. Meet the parents
20. A role to play
22. Anger issues
22. A whole new world
23. Fugitive
24. Vines with attitude
25. Walk down memory lane
26. Stupid hearts
27. Once again missing
28. Teeth on lips
29. Taken
Hey peeps
Its me again
Intro to part 2
30. Return of the rebellious princess
31. Family vs. family
32. Fabulous five
33. No means no
34. Iron sisters and dates with misters
35. Hideaway
36. Lightning strikes
37. Positively glowing
38. The newfound cousin
39. Stealing pain
40. Chaos rising
41. Another broken nose
42. Pilec...oh, and those other ppl
43. Saving magnus
44. Startling news
45. Secrets and lies
46. Medical mystery
47. All but one
48. Piper drowning ft. Lake lynn
49. In the rain
50. Paralized
51. A cure of blood
52. Almost the end of the line
53. Dragons or demons
54. Ending
YOU GUYS
55. A brave new world
56. Cold shoulder
What a surprise

3. Goodbye phone hello Heimlich

22.6K 465 111
By Dreamsofdragons1

When Piper finally got to the apartment Clary was talking with Dot, who seemed to sizzle around the edges of her frames. My gut jumped into my throat as Dot turned into one of the club-monsters.

"Clary, no!" I shouted jumping infront of her and crossing my arms like before, red glittering wall formed blocking Not-Dot from us before it fizzled away. Before I had time to question any further Dot ran at me again, I didn't have time to form whatever it was that glittered.

The "dart" snarled and snapped, mouth wide and bit into my forearm before Clary hit it with a chair causing it to stumble back. "Ahhh!" I yelled throwing whatever was in my grasp into its mouth.

"Oh wait...no that was my phone." I whined looking at the statue still creature. It started choking, gagging and then a gleaming sword tip was visible before it turned to dust. "Goldie locks." I muttered wobbling towards the beautiful blonde man, passing out straight into his arms.

The weight on my eyelids lifted and I yelped, bringing my fist to punch the figure infront of me. The girl who caught it. "I like her." The black haired girl grinned, releasing my fist as I sat up.

"Indiana Jones." I grinned before looking around. "Goldie locks." Before my eyes landed on the tall black haired man. "You shot me with a bow and arrow!" I howled getting up and storming over to him and attempting to punch him.

He was very tall, and this was coming from the girl who was tallest of her grade. He, like the black haired girl, caught my wrist, raising it above my head making me stumbled a bit towards him. We were almost chest to chest and his narrowed eyes glared into mine.

"Wow, not gonna take her to diner first?" Jace chuckled, and his eyes trailed down my body. Looking down I yelped, wrapping the sheet that had drug with me around me body, I was wearing a black T-shirt that barely covered my underwear.

"Piper, it's okay." Clary nodded, opening my mouth I motioned to her with the hand which wasn't holding the sheet around me.

How come she got shorts and a T-shirt. Seriously. Seriously favoritism from strangers was. Not. Cool.

"What the hell is happening?" I asked my sister trying-and failing- to jog over to her. "Clary what happened to Mom."

"First of all, let them explain not me, I'm not even sure I completely believe their nonsense but some of it makes sense." She said, waving her hands about in her nervous habit. I glared at the unhelpful words before turning around.

"You-You're up." I pointed to Goldie locks and he raised his eyebrows. I was annoyed, which brought out my sarcasm "Yes you, start talking."

"I definitely like her." The black haired girl grinned and I smiled tensely to her briefly.

"My name is Jace Wayland and you're standing in The Institute, we're shadowhunters and so are you and your sister-"

"Twin." I corrected "my twin." He looked between us before continuing. A lot of people had a hard time believing we were twins. Short vs tall, red vs blonde, timid vs confident.

"We kill demons and are part of the conclave, the clave is our people's form of government. The mortal cup is what Valentine thinks your mother has." Jace finished and I turned to Indiana Jones who smiled and finished his words.

"Valentine is an evil dude who created a circle of followers, they got disbanded and now he's trying to start back up what he didn't finish. Everyone thought he was dead in Idris, which is shadowhunters home." She explained.

I nodded, looking between the bunch, finally piecing together that This man with dark hair was the same that-"you're the pervert!" I glared, pointing at him and the two shadowhunters spun around.

"What?" He asked, that little liar! Oh he wasn't going to get off so easily, I was extremely good at being bull headed.

"You're the one who made me spill my drinks then oogled my breasts." I motioned to my chest, pulling the sheet around me tighter.

"Did you really?" The girl looked ready to slap him. That's right, girls teamed up even against their own family.

"No-what? Of course I didn't." He lied once again, blue eyes darting to the side.

"Liar." I spat, crossing my arms and tossed my hair over my shoulder out of anger.

"You're mundane I don't even know how you saw through the glamour." He said and I raised my eyebrows, he got caught. clearly I was not if I had heard the stories right.

"One, I'm not a mundane. That's a very rude thing to say, I'm incredibly intresting..." I paused before coming to a realization. "And the fact that you didn't think I could see you while you looked at my boobs makes this 100x worse!" I crossed the room, standing beside the dark haired girl.

"Alec!" The black haired girl scolded. "I can't believe you did that then shot the girl!"

"I was distracted!" He defended himself poorly and Jace crosses his arms, smirking.

"By What?" Clary glared at Jace as the rest of us looked expectantly at Alec.

Alec paused...

"By the way, my name is Isabelle Lightwood and this is my brother Alexander Lightwood." She introduced before Clary turned her nose towards my dark pea coat which hung over the the chairs back.

"Do I smell cheese fries?" She looked at me and I sheepishly smiled pulling some out of the pocket.

"You called while I was eating." She made a face. "Don't make that face, I hadn't eaten since breakfast." I argued and she opened her mouth before closing it and then smirking.

"I was going to say that your necklaces looks like this Mark but whatever."

"I'm Piper Fray, the hot twin." I introduced (mainly to Isabella) and she offered me clothes to change into.

"Good to know, I'm the hot one too." Isabelle grinned and we all spread, Jace and Clary walking in one direction, Isabelle and I in the other leaving Alec to himself.

Then Piper stopped in her tracks. "Wait, What happened to my dress?" She asked and Isabelle chuckled.

"Demon poisoning. Jace and Alec burned it." She looked at my horror struck face. I had loved that dress.

After being shown to a room with Clary we both changed. She wore leather pants that didn't quite fit right with a black tank top and sweater. On the off hand, my leather pants fit a little too well, the high waisted black fabric up to my belly button and the black crop tank top that was basically straps across the back. I wore my red hair down and Clary wore hers up before I looked at her and she looked at me.

"Alright C."

"Alright P." She responded as we walked down the hallway back into the room with all the tech and people walking around. It looked like a hub, that's what they called underground lairs in movies.

The ringing of Clarys phone made the younger Fray jump before answering it. "Simon, chill, I see you." She walked to the window and sure enough Simon Lewis was looking at the beautiful gothic style church with distaste.

"No I'm not in a abandoned building." She frowned. "Give me five minutes." She said before turning to see the lightwoods and Jace.

Piper leaned against the wooden desk, Isabelle talking to her about her life while she listened intently. It was all very intresting, from how they took Jace in to now how they basically ran this whole place.

"Piper? You're here too?" Simon asked walking into the 'hub' as she referred the large tech room as.

"Gee thanks Simon, call one twin but not the other." Piper blew out a long breath. "You really know how to make a girl feel special."

Jace snorted at her comment, looking at a wordless Simon with a raised antagonizing brow. Clearly the two would get along just perfectly, seeing as they both found eachothers sarcasm funny.

"Jace, what's another mundane doing in the Institute?" Alec asked roughly, glaring at Simon who looked ready to run away. poor simon had been nothing but forgotten and ignored most of this night, he should be welcomed into Piper's club. The side characters club.

"Another?" I said the word with distaste earning a ruthless glare from the tall dark haired man. He didn't seem to like my sarcasm as much as Jace and Izzy did.

My my my. He was very attractive, broad shoulders and pale skin with dark hair. A black rune was visible on his neck. He had two perfectly arched eyebrows and thick lashes every girl dreamed of. His cheekbones were sharp and angled while his crystal blue eyes complemented his skin tone.

Alec coughed, looking at me and I looked away quickly to where Jace was explaining something to do with a Circle.

"I love geometry as much as the next gal but I really don't see why a circle is such a big deal." Alec glared and even Izzy gave her a contempt look, day one and my comments already annoyed them. God bless Jace for grinning a bit.

"Not a circle, the circle. Valentines followers, they tracked Simon who was looking for Clary." I coughed pointedly. "And piper, leading them here." Jace explained, "the same people who killed my father and took their mother." He motioned for clary and I.

"We're not informed on the circle since the rebellion." Isabelle cut in before I rolled my neck around. I was tired, and hungry, and bored. All of which didn't really help my incessant need to cause trouble.

"Clary and I are going to talk to Hodge." Jace informed and walking towards the training room. Just like that my mood was lightened by a way to cause some trouble.

"I'm coming too." Simon moved to follow but I ran across the floor and stopped him.

"No, it will kill you." I gasped and Isabelle frowned. I was really just pulling this out of my ass, having already spent enough time third wheeling today.

"How do you know that?" He asked and I shook my head, not letting him pass.

"I-I don't know, I just know that you will die." Jace stopped, walking back to me. He stood by my side, going along with my bullshit. A small part of me wanted to grin at the fact an absolute stranger was taking my side over Clary's, it was a horrible thought but true.

"The runes." He paused. "The runes will kill a mundane, Clary is a shadow hunter that's why she can walk on them." He eyes me up as if debating on myself.

"What about piper?"

"She's..." Jace trailed off moving to stand in front of me. He looked like he was about to punch me in the face or kiss me, either were undesirable options.

"Jace no." I warned, fighting against him. "Jace no!" I squeezed my eyes shut stumbling back across the floor.

"A shadowhunter." Alec brushed past me into the training room while Jace and Clary went off in their own direction.

"I'll um, watch Simon." I offered but Isabelle put her hand on his shoulder seductively. Simon looked like a lamb chop in a lions grasp.

"Don't be silly, if your a shadow hunter your going to train." She smiled flirtatiously at Simon. "I'll watch him."

Simon nervously smiled as I watched them walk off leaving me by myself. "Well whose suppose to watch me?" I Shouted after her, crossing my arms.

"I am." A cold voice answered and I turned to see Alec standing in a section of the large room with different walls. Nervously I walked over. "See I don't really know how to-"

He threw a punch which I dodged along with a kick and another punch before he grabbed my wrist flipping me onto my back. "Lesson one, always be prepared."

I groaned as he leaned over me before standing up and getting in a stance ready to block. He sighed, dropping his hands. "Okay, your stance is off." He walked closer to me, making me straighten out my back and raise my arms more. Then he went back to trying to beat me up, which made me end up on my back once more.

"Listen, I'm not into getting beat up and fighting multiple times a day." breathing slowly before standing up. "Can we please move onto something else? Or teach me something more than getting my ass handed to me?" I asked and he grinned, wickedly.

"Sure." He picked up some throwing knifes and stood me in front of a target. "If you can make one stick into the target in the first four rings I'll teach you something useful."

I threw the first one and it hit the corner, bouncing off. Alec covered a smile, snickering in the corner. The next one wasn't much better and the third one missed completely.

"Alright stop laughing, it's not making this any better." I glared at him and he returned the glare. This interaction between us was going down a street named nowhere.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.9K 1.4K 21
CURRENTLY UNDER EDITING - I know there's a lot of spelling mistakes and other grammar issues so I'm fixing them :) This is the first book I ever wro...
937K 22K 50
Camille Fray has a normal life. A young mother, a young sister and a father who died when she was child. Graduated from high school and 2 years into...
48.3K 977 15
Clary Fray has a twin. Skylar. Skylar and Clary are complete opposites and had never got along but there world took a turn on their 18th birthday. Wi...
151K 3.9K 44
Ethan Fray is Clary's older brother. One day, their world is turned upside down, and they are thrown in the deep end of the Shadowhunting pool. Enco...