Why Me? |EDDSWORLD X READER |...

By TomatoKlutz

« The Best Thing I ever did was that I met you. » « The Best Thing I never did was that I never left you and... More

[DISCLAIMER/CONTENT WARNINGS!]
[~Prologue~]
[~ Childhood Adventures |1| Puberty ~]
[~ Childhood Adventures |2| Introductions ~]
{~ Childhood Adventures |3| Grandma! ~}
{Chapter 2|Welcome Back!}
{Chapter 3|Small Talk}
{Chapter 4|Camping and Gifts!}
{Chapter 5|Planning Detectives}
{Chapter 6|Good Way To Start A Day}
{Chapter 7|Bunch of Meanies}
{Chapter 8|Them Dorks}
{Chapter 9|Cuts}
{Chapter 10|Another Two}
{Chapter 11|Le Manga Store}
{Chapter 12|Matt is High (kind of)}
{Chapter 13|Matt is still a baby}
{Chapter 14|Grandma's Call}
{Chapter 15| Magic Gummy Bears}
{Chapter 16|Literal Babies}
{Chapter 17|Mine!}
{Chapter 18|Teasing}
{Chapter 19|Sorry}
{Chapter 20|The day Tord finally made you say yes}
{Chapter 21|Movies Night}
{Chapter 16+|Not suitable for pure fans}
{Chapter 22|Yanny-Laurel}
{Chapter 23|Unknown}
{Chapter 24|Hospitals}
{Chapter 25|His Journal}
[~Birthday 8/15~]
{Chapter 26|Playful}
{Chapter 27|Text Messages}
{Chapter 28|Realization}
[~ Birthday 9/6 ~]
{Chapter 29|Last Place}
{Chapter 30|Orphanage PT. 1}
{Chapter 31|Thoughts}
{Chapter 32|The Orphanage PT.2}
{Chapter 33|Peck}
{Chapter 34|The Orphanage PT. 3}
[~ Birthday 10/28 ~]
{Chapter 35|a boy}
{Chapter 36|importance}
{Chapter 37|why}
{Chapter 38|dontgo}
{Chapter 39|firstthenafter}
{Chapter 40|HOSPITALS}
{Chapter 41|stupidity}
{Chapter 42|texts}
{Chapter 43|ding}
[~ happy ̶h̶o̶l̶i̶d̶a̶y̶s̶ ~]
[~ The Other Half Of Me ~]
{Chapter 44|A Visit}
{Chapter 45|Aiden}
{Chapter 46|Edd Angers Mama Ringo}
{Chapter 47|Acceptance}
{Chapter 48|Comfort}
[~ Birthday 6/27 ~]
{Chapter 49|Shots}
{Chapter 50|Love-sick}
{Chapter 51|Cookies!}
{Chapter 52|allsoulsday}
{Chapter 53|vulnerable}
{Chapter 54|Parents}
[~Happy Holidays!~]
{Chapter 55|Eavesdrop}
{Chapter 56|Decisions}
{Chapter 57|Arguments}
{Chapter 58|Traits}
{Chapter 59|Questions}
{Chapter 60|Meet}
{Chapter 61|Confusion}
NOT A CHAPTER BUT I WANNA HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS!!
{Chapter 62|Past}
{Chapter 63|Aimapoleia}

{Chapter 1|Memory Lane}

5.3K 159 305
By TomatoKlutz

You were in the car already going to your childhood neighborhood. It's probably gonna be a long ride since the distance is quite pretty long. Take the famous Burj Khalifa then tilt it sideways. Boom. You got your distance. While you were listening to some of your favorite songs on your phone you were going through childhood memory lane.

You wondered how they're gonna react to you coming back and living with them. You found yourself going through each memory with each child. Thus, falling asleep.

{Tom}
|Pretending|
(You: 8 Years Old | Tom: 10 Years Old)

"Hey, Toommmmm!!!" You called his name. "What?!" He replied, clearly annoyed that you interrupted him from his guitar lesson with his adoptive father. "Can't you see we're having a lesson here?". "B-but I just wanted to play..." You said, looking down. "Haha, that's okay, son. We can continue this lesson another time." His father said. "But dad! You kept me waiting for this really hard song that you said you'd teach me!" Tom replied.

"Of course I'll teach you that "really hard song". But not today. Go on, play with (Y/N) since the other kids are still in school." His father reassured him.

Tom grumbled and went to their backyard where you began to play with him on the swings. "I'm so glad you had time for me!" You said to him, smiling. "Yeah, yeah. me too." He replied. Tom was a little sick on that day. But even with a minor sickness, his adoptive parents won't let him go to school because of that. You, on the other hand, PRETENDED to be sick so that you couldn't go to school.

"So..." Tom began to say. You stopped swinging and began to look at him. "Why did you wanted to stay home from school?" You began to open your mouth but he interrupted you. "Nuh-uh! I don't want that same old excuse saying, 'Because I hate school!'. I know you have a different reason, (Y/N)."

"Eeeehhh...Well...it's because I wanted to stay with you!" You replied with a grin. "I heard you were sick so I was able to convince my parents I was sick so that I could play with you!" Tom blushed a bit. "You know you didn't have to do that.." You heard him mumble.

You giggle.

You knew that memory was nothing memorable to others but to you, It was probably one of the most memorable ones to you with Tom.

{Tord}
|Jeg liker deg.|
(You: 10 Years Old | Tord: 12 Years Old)

You were at the school playground while on break time. You would usually play with the others in the sandbox but unfortunately, you were stuck with Tord for break time. Tom and Ell had to stay back to finish their seatwork, Matt had to go home early because of the flu, and Edd was on cleaning duty back in the classroom. Though, Edd did promise he would come and play with you once he's done.

So, for the meantime, Tord'll be your playmate. To be honest, you were kind of scared of him. Why? You weren't sure. You had always had that feeling when he's around like he's gonna plot an evil plan to ruin your life or kill you in your sleep. Yes, dark thoughts for 10-year-old but that's just who you are.

"Hey." A familiar voice snapped you back to reality. "I can tell you've been trying to avoid me." He said. "Uh well...it's just that...uhm.." was all that escaped your mouth. You heard Tord sigh as he sat next to you on the bench. He was in the middle of the bench while you were on the right end. Even if you were, you scooted away slowly.

"Just because I love violence at a very young age doesn't mean I'm insane and would kill anyone if I want to, you know? I'm even surprised I got accepted by that orphanage and even got adopted. I saw relief all over their faces when they saw me in mom and dad's car." He sighed but continued. "Life wasn't easy for me even before the orphanage."

Your eyes widen. This kid, that you are talking to right now, is not that evil. "Tord--" You try to say but got interrupted. "Nah, it's fine. I don't want you to pity me for some stupid reason like that."

Right after that, you swore you heard him speak Norwegian. "God, jeg er så jævla dum."

"TORD! Why would you say that?" You said, clearly surprised. 'How the heck did I understood that?!' You thought to yourself. Tord looked at you. Shock was written all over his face. "You...understood me?" He asked. You were pretty shocked yourself.

You never took language classes and you have never watched other languaged movies except for English. "If you understand that language...what did I say?" He asked you, making sure.

You hesitated but began to translate it. "God...I'm so...ehm, the "f" word, stupid." You said hesitantly. His eyes widen. "Do you speak Norwegian?" He asked you. "No...I don't. This is so strange to me.." You replied.

He sat there and closed his eyes, probably thinking. "Det er så rart at du kan forstå meg." He began to signal you, telling you to translate it. "That's so weird that you can understand me." You said. He gave you a thumbs up. The whole break, Tord gave you sentences in Norwegian for you to translate. You didn't quite understand most, but you knew some.

You concluded with a sentence that you couldn't translate. Tord would tell you the meaning but this time, he didn't. What he said was, "Jeg liker deg. " All you could take out from those three words were "like". He wouldn't tell you the meaning for the rest of the day. And he still hasn't told you what it meant 'to this day after you left.

You hope he would actually tell you now since the suspense is killing you. But, that was one of the first times you ever had an actual conversation with Tord. And you still find it pretty mysterious that you could understand Norwegian.

{Edd}
|Tutor|
(You: 10 Years Old | Edd: 11 Years Old)

"Hey, Edd!" You called him. "What is it, (Y/N)?" He replied. "I have a problem with this question.." You said to him while handing him your Science Textbook. "Hmm...this one's tricky. See, the formula for Kinetic Energy is K.E. = 1/2xmxv2, meaning you have to take what's given for the Kinetic energy and---Hey! You're dozing off!" He said to you as you pretend to fall asleep.

You giggle. You hear Edd sigh. "Do you want to answer this question or not?" "I just wanted to talk to you. Besides, I already know the answer, it's 120 KE!" You replied.
"Oh wow! You're correct!" Edd said.
"What do you mean? I'm always correct!" You replied.
"Says your exam scores!"
Your face flushed red with embarrassment. "You saw that?!" You asked him. He chuckled, "Yeah. Can't believe you'd just leave it hanging there in your room when I came over yesterday."

You grumble. "Ugh. Anyways, Edd, can you be my--" You got cut off.

"Eeddd!! You're making her uncomfortable!" A feminine voice said as it came from downstairs.
"Was I? Oh, sorry, (Y/N). I just love to tease you." Edd says as he chuckles. The voice sat next to you on the floor, revealing Ell. "Are you even done with YOUR homework, sis?" Edd asked Ell.
"'Course I did! It was a piece of cake!" Ell replied.
"Mostly 'cause you had mom teach you." Edd said. "Hey!" Ell said annoyed. "Ugh, I'm going to my room. Wanna come with, (Y/N)?"

"Sure, I just gotta tell Edd something." You replied. Ell nodded then went up to her room.
After she went, you turned to Edd. "Can you be my tutor?" You asked him.
You could tell he had a tint of pink on his cheeks. "Uhh...yeah! Of course!" He replied. You grinned.
"Good! Now, can I copy your Math homework?"
Edd face-palmed.

You giggled at the memory. After that day, you would always go to him for help. He was your tutor after all.

{Matt}
|Card|
(You: 9 Years Old | Matt: 9 Years Old)

You were all assigned to do a little valentines card for someone. It didn't have to be romantic or anything, all your teacher said was that you need to find someone you're close to and make a card and draw them in it, showing your love or appreciation.

Since you are one of the art kids in your class, you had some classmates going up to you, asking you to draw this and that. You were quite busy drawing pictures for the other kids that you didn't have time for doing your card. As you thought you were finished with the last kid, a familiar hand with light baby purple sleeves was on your table with a bond paper under it.

"Matt?" You asked, looking up. Yep, it was him. "The one and only!" He said. "I seem to also be having trouble with the drawing part. I'm done with my letter of course, but now all I need is the drawing..." He said while handing you his card.

You read the note on his card.

"I love you so much. This may sound cheesy but words cannot define how beautiful you are. I'll do anything for you, and for that, I'll break any rule for you and I will fight for you until we live on. Happy Valentine's day." It said. (Holy cow, I'm never ever gonna give my crush a love letter if my poetry is this bad XD.) This was only a modified version of what you can remember, but you knew it had lots of mistakes.

Your eyes began to widen. "Woah...looks like someone has a crush!" You teased him. "Well..yeah..." He said. "So, who do you want me to draw here?" You asked him.

"Me." He said to you. "...Seriously?" "What? Not like anybody else is gonna give me a letter." He replied. You looked down at your still empty card. You thought on giving the card to your father, but now you were having second thoughts.

That's where the memory ends. You weren't sure if you had given your card to your father or to Matt. You were slowly diagnosing yourself for short-term memory. As you went out of Childhood Memory lane, you started to think about other things. Like, 'will they like the stuff I bought them?' something or other.

But now you start to realize, the servant who told you about Tom's favorite drink being Smirnoff never got into detail if he liked Diet or the normal. The one you bought was normal so you were praying to everything holy that you were right. And about Tord's hentai...that kid was always picky.

You wondered if he's also picky about hentai. You could just imagine Tom's disappointed face and Tord's heart-wrenching face when he doesn't get something he wants. You wonder if he still had that cute baby face...

But now, you were starting to imagine if you got all of their stuff mixed up. You sighed and went back to staring out the window.

(Omg saves dis child.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4K 319 31
"Do you care about me?" "With all my heart, my love." "Do you love me?" "Do you want the whole answer?" "Sure." "I love you...
88.5K 2.9K 77
It's been over seven years after that incident with Tord. The gang has almost forgotten about him. ALMOST The world has changed a lot since the Red A...
150K 2.5K 37
Y/n has known Tord for a very long time. She has known him sense they were baby's and immediately came close friends. Over the years growing up and b...
24.4K 437 17
You've known Tom since the two of you were little kids. The two of you grown very close to each other as you got older. But growing into adults, you...