Wolf (UNDER SOME SERIOUS REVI...

By -hickman

"Do you know what metal this knife is made of?" My breaths were coming out in ragged wheezes, sounding... More

Before You Read
Chapter One: The Beginning
Chapter Two: Lorenzo
Chapter Three: Dungeons
Chapter Four: Rations
Chapter Six: Chores
Chapter Seven: Sick
Chapter Eight: Promise
Chapter Nine: Visitor
Chapter Ten: Boy
Chapter Eleven: Quote
Chapter Twelve: Gone
Chapter Thirteen: Stay
Chapter Fourteen: Betrayal
Chapter Fifteen: Innocence
Chapter Sixteen: Stronger
Chapter Seventeen: Cheap
Chapter Eighteen: Submission
Chapter Nineteen: Fragile
Chapter Twenty: Coronation
Chapter Twenty-One: Parents
Chapter Twenty-Two: Backstory
Chapter Twenty-Three: Fight
Chapter Twenty-Four: Heart
Chapter Twenty-Five: Trying
Chapter Twenty-Six: Dinner
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Shift
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Lycanthemine
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Forget
Chapter Thirty: Gift
Chapter Thirty-One: Friends
Chapter Thirty-Two: Control
Chapter Thirty-Three: Patricia
Chapter Thirty-Four: Showtime
Chapter Thirty-Five: Camilla
Chapter Thirty-Six: Panic
Chapter Thirty-Seven: The Handmaid

Chapter Five: Dreams

41.6K 1.1K 525
By -hickman

Chapter Five: Dreams

     "What the fuck is this?" Alpha growled, seizing me by the collar of my rumpled dress.

     My feet left the ground for a split moment, my body flinging forward as he tugged me roughly. I came crashing down on my toes, rolling over them with a soft crunch. I swallowed down the whimper that threatened to escape. I scrambled to find my footing, feeling the eyes of the council members on me, drinking in the sight of my punishment. The spaghetti I had cooked for the monthly council meeting sat untouched on the table.

     I swallowed hard, "Spaghetti, Alpha."

     A sharp smack flung my head to the side, my cheek stinging from the slap. My eyes were starting to brim with tears, but I knew this was only the beginning of my punishment. I turned my head back to face the table.

     By his grip on my collar, Alpha pulled me down, my face mere inches from the plate of food, "This isn't spaghetti, you stupid girl, this is filth. My council deserves a high-class meal." 

     There were murmurs of agreeance from the council.  

     "I apologize, Alpha. I know better now, sir." My voice was beginning to tremble.

     His mouth was at my ear, "You see, girl, I don't think you know better quite yet." 

     He yanked me upright from the table and before I could process the pain, I was doubled over. The air left my lungs in response to the blow to my stomach. I gasped and retched for air, bracing my hands on the table to stay on my feet. 

     Alpha's hand tangled into the hair at the base of my neck, gripping onto the strands without mercy. He raised his arm, my body following in response to ease the tension on my scalp. I was pulled onto my toes, the tears that I had desperately been holding back now flowed freely down my cheeks. I could feel the individual strands of hair pluck themselves from my scalp from his grip.

     "Was your 'assumption' that spaghetti would be a good meal for my guests correct, pet?" He sneered.

      Still fighting to catch my breath, I swallowed the thick lump forming in my throat from fear, "No, sir, it was not correct." The dreaded words I had to say next were burned into my memory. The words that followed were the ones that haunted my dreams every night. "Therefore, I deserve my punishment, sir." 

     The table came rushing into my view, and before could prepare myself for the pain, my nose crunched against the wood. White-hot pain blossomed across my face, warm blood rushing into my mouth and spilling down my face. I choked on the metallic taste of blood, my vision blurring with tears.  

     I was pulled away from the table, and just as I found my footing, my legs were kicked out from underneath me. My back hit the floor, my arm twisted underneath me. I began to choke on the blood that was pooling in my mouth. I rolled to my stomach, letting the blood run out of my mouth onto the hardwood floor. 

     Alpha's knee pressed into my back, flattening me to the floor. I felt my spine crack under the pressure, my ribs creaking in response to his weight. It became hard to draw in a full breath. 

     The silverware clanked on the table.

     Alpha leaned forward to talk in my ear. "It was so nice of you to set out our fine cutlery." He showed me the knife in his hand, holding it out for me to see. "Do you know what metal this knife is made of?"

     My breaths were coming out in ragged wheezes, sounding garbled as my windpipe fought around the blood in my mouth. "No, sir."

     "It's silver."

     Another round of tears sprung loose from my eyes, and my hands curled into fists. How could I be so stupid?

     I could hear the smile in his voice, "Do you know what I am going to use this knife for, girl?"

     When I tried to speak, all that came out was a strained sob. 

     A round of laughter erupted from the table, the council reveling in my torture. 

     "I'm sorry, pet, I couldn't hear you," Alpha unhooked the back of my dress, exposing his canvas.

      A tremor racked my body, nearly seizing my vocal cords, "For carving into my body, sir."

     "Correct." 

     The knife slipped into the flesh of my back, slicing over the previous scars. A scream tore its way out of my mouth, the searing pain radiating through my body like an electric shock. Crimson red pooled underneath me. My piercing screams echoed off the walls, filling the room with the sounds of my pain. I felt letters being carved into my skin, the unmistakable loops and curves only attributed to writing. 

     When the cutting stopped, Alpha leaned back to examine his work. "Do you think you have been punished accordingly, girl?"

     I nodded vigorously, "Yes, sir." 

     He clicked his tongue, "I actually think something is missing, don't you think, counselors?"

     A series of eager approvals came as a response.

     "Exactly my thoughts." Alpha smiled.

     The knife stabbed into the back of my thigh, pinning my leg to the hardwood floor. 

     I reeled forward, slamming my forehead against the floor as an agonizing wail ripped from my mouth. The silver blade blistered down to the bone, burning the flesh with a searing heat. My vocal cords buckled under the pressure of my screams, my lungs quivering for air that I couldn't draw in. 

     I screamed until my lungs ran out of air, depriving my brain of the oxygen it so desperately needed. The blackness I longed for called to me, teasing me with a painless slumber. I succumbed, my final breath a piercing scream.

-_-_-

    "Wake up!" Hands shook me roughly, snapping me out of my sleep.

    I jolted awake, my body flinging itself upright. My eyes landed on the King who was kneeling next to me, his hand still resting on my shoulders. I scrambled out from under his touch, slamming my knees onto the floor as I submitted myself to him.

     "I apologize, King Percyus." I bowed my head.

     He waited a long beat as if trying to process what he was going to say next. "You were screaming... it was so loud- I thought you were hurt."

     Fear settled like a weight in my stomach, bile threatening to crawl up my throat as the thought of what punishment might come from disturbing the King's sleep would be like. I had night terrors often, night after night I would wake up screaming from the memories of Alpha Greg's torture. My cell back home was soundproof, so I didn't have to worry about waking anyone. I knew that this was a grave mistake. I shouldn't have fallen asleep.

     "I am very sorry. I won't let it happen again, sir. I realize my mistake." 

     "No- I..." He let out a sharp exhale, "Are you alright?"

     "Yes, sir."

(Unedited begins here)

His green eyes darted around almost nervously, as he wiped his palms on his black shorts. He anxiously waited for my response, his skiddish eyes seeming to never once stay in the same place. For a second I wondered if he was actually being nice to me, but I brushed the foolish thoughts away. It was all a trick.

He'd get me to trust him, then laugh as he tears me down to nothing again.

He sighs quietly fiddling with his fingers, "You are allowed to call my Percyus, you don't have to call me sir, or King."

My eyebrows crease together automatically, "But that's not proper for a lower class like me, I could get in trouble, right?" Was he trying to make me get in trouble?

"No, I assure you, as King I have the right to allow you to call me by whatever name you please." He said, a half smile appears on his face, but it's gone in an instant.

"O-Oh." I stammer, my throat running dry as visions of him beating me for calling his by an improper name fill my brain.

I shuddered and wrapped my arms around my thin knees that were tucked to my chest for protection. I felt bad for being the disturbance that kept him from his slumber, I was about to apologize, when he pulled a water bottle out from behind him, setting it carefully in front on me.

His eyes were a bit wide and unsure, but his lips stayed still as he offered no explanation of his actions. I glance at the water briefly, before letting my eyes slide back up to his chin, where I refused to look up more. I was terrified that he would lash out for a runt like me staring him in the eyes. I wasn't worthy of that privilege.

"Is this for me?" I ask tentatively, my voice quiet and frail from the vivid dream.

He simply nodded, his Adam's apple bobbing slightly as he swallowed hard. He watched as I slowly brought the bottle to my lips and took a miniscule sip, afraid that he would judge me for my thirst and call me names, or think I was gross for drinking too much.

I set the cup back down and uttered out a weak, "Thank you, Percyus." I lifted my head for conformation that I could call him by his name.

A small smile tugged up the corner of his lips and he only nodded once more. He was a man of few words when happy, but a man of many words when angry. I'd rather live in silence than to deal with him being angry. I hate to think the only chance I would ever have someone getting close to me could easily tear me apart and become my nightmare at a flip of a switch.

For the first time since he had woken me, he parted his lips, "Why weren't you sleeping on he bed?" I could still see the restraint in his eyes, as if he wanted to scream at me for being in another man's room.

I looked at the King sized bed covered in thick, warm linens. I shrugged lightly, "I don't deserve such luxuries." I bit back my urge to call him 'sir' or any other proper name.

He frowned and raised his hand quickly. On instinct I flinched, thinking he was about to deliver a slap, when I noticed he was only holding his hand out for me. My heart thumped faster in my chest and I cautiously slipped my tiny hand into his huge hand.

I didn't know what he was doing, but I hoped it wouldn't be too bad. I prayed it wasn't a whipping or silver chain torture, those were the worst, the ones that left all of my permanent scars. The water bottle in my hand served as a stress ball as I squeezed it frightfully as the King led me out of the room.

He went further down, closer to the big double doors when his room was. My heart dropped suddenly as he opened the doors, pushing me in gently. He was going to hurt me, I was positive of it. My arms crossed over my body and I shivered in fear, staring at the ground next to his feet like a frightened kitten.

He opened a drawer loudly and I suddenly thought back to my old pack. Alpha had a special drawer in his room full of various weapons of torture reserved just for me. I was snapped back to reality when the draws was pushed shut again and I cringed away from the noise.

Percyus stopped in front of me, a large sweatshirt in his hands. He held it out for me, "I noticed your clothes are dirty from wearing them for so long, so I'll have my people go shopping tomorrow. For the night, you may wear this, instead of your dirty clothes."

I was surprised that he was in fact holding a sweatshirt and not a silver knife. I took it gracious, jumping out of the chance to change clothes like a normal person, as much as I do it, I hated wearing the same smelly clothes everyday with stains and tears in them.

He turned away right as I took the item of clothing, giving me the privacy to change. I was shocked that he expected to change right here while he could easily turn around. Nevertheless, I quickly swapped clothing items to not anger him.

I was never allowed undergarments, so I was worried it would show to much, but when I slipped it on I realized how much bigger he was than me. Werewolves were naturally tall, making me 5'9, while most girls were six foot, but he was peaking at seven feet tall, maybe even more. The dark grey sweatshirt dwarfed me and went down to my skinny knees.

"Okay, I'm done." I squeaked out, clutching my clothes tightly in my fingers.

He turned around and lightly smiled. "Okay, you can sleep in the guest room attached to mine..." he trailed off as he walked into another room through a door I never realized was there.

His room was fit for a king sporting a four poster bed and much, much room about the modern suite. I followed him, trailing like normal. When I came into he guest room I gasped at the beauty of it. It was stunningly modern and simple, small little decorations adding to a minimalistic design.

"I'm staying in here?" I asked lightly, staring at the huge king sized four poster bed, matching the one in his bed.

He nodded, stifling a yawn. "Do you like it?"

I nodded, "Yes, very much."

"We should go to bed, but I want you to sleep in the bed, no more of this sleeping on the floor shit." He rubbed his eyes, profoundly innocent looking for just swearing and bad mouthing my sleeping habits.

But I guess he did have a point.

"Okay, thank you again." I whispered truly thankful for him snapping me out of my dream, because it would have only gotten worse.

He left in silence, closing the door until it was only partway open, a silver of light peeked into he room from his lamp being on. Soon enough that lamp switched off and light snores sounded as he slept.

I put my hand on the bed, pushing down. I almost screamed at the soft, squishiness of it, and the way it bounced back. I crawled onto the bed and snuggled up in the covers a delighted smile on my face. I turned and shoved my face into the incredibly soft pillows. I squeaked and sighed in content.

So this is what a bed feels like.

For once I felt truly delighted as I slowly sank my body into the duvet and swaddled my cold bones in the thick blankets. My wolf, whom I had named Walla, suddenly stirred in the back of my mind. Walla had only chimed in once and a while to give me motivation to keep going, making sure I wasn't too badly injured or dying.

We found mate. She chirped with a small squeak.

He changed moods a lot. I whisper in my mind, as if it were a secret, even though no one could hear me talking in my head.

We give him chance. She uttered sternly, warning me to not give up so easily, a lesson she had taught me a long time ago.

I'll try. I whispered, trying my best to stay true to my word, but Percyus's temperamental swings terrified me.

We sleep now! She ordered, not having the best grammar skills.

Goodnight Walla. I said.

Goodnight Calla. She smiled in content.

Ever since I had named her Walla when I was seven, she has been calling me Calla, since they rhymed. Her random appearances always came as a pleasant surprise, as she always had a nice thing to say, yet always made her point through commanding me around, as her wolf nature made her like that.

I sighed and listened to the soft snores of Percyus, echoing into my room softly. I was beginning to think I liked him when he was sleeping more than he was awake, however I could say anything since she was so nice to me tonight. I was just afraid he'd get sick of the nice guy attitude and snap.

Slowly but surely sleep dragged my thoughts away into a deep, blissful darkness. My consciousness slipped away peacefully as I drifted deeper into the mattress. And just like that, sleep pulled me into its grasp once and for all.

[Name pronouncements: Calla (Call - uh) / Walla (Wall - uh)]

~~~

Thank you for reading!

~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.8M 917K 89
#1 werewolf #1 teenfiction "That night meant nothing to me Olivia." "You were just like another girl to me." He smirked, "and you KNOW how I do girls...
1.3M 43.2K 33
I couldn't ignore the tingles that ignited as he gripped my wrist and held them above my head. I felt the bark of the tree stab into my back as he ha...
875 122 24
(Sequel to the Alpha's Mate) *Complete* "Leave me Alone! Give me Roman! I need him! Leave me Alone!" I cried. "Roman won't be able to help you now. H...
94.7K 2.8K 27
ORIGINAL WORK UPDATED VERSION ON PROFILE **WARNING** **extremely sexual content so if you don't like that stuff just don't read this book because th...