Oracle

Door Hiddenhearts93

Jaspar spent most of his life hiding because of his power. He should have listened to the warning not to go t... Meer

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Epilogue

Part 23

4K 282 13
Door Hiddenhearts93

"Stop it," Jaspar complained as hands fussed over him. Elison had helped him get him read before taking him downstairs where Leo had started cooing over him and messing about with his clothes to make him look perfect for his meeting with the powerful person.

Someone, properly Justice again, had lent him a suit. It was a more expensive suit than Jaspar had ever worn before, he could tell that much from the material. It felt heavy and stiff. Jaspar was feeling almost strangled by the tie which was around his neck. He wasn't used to wearing them and he felt like it was almost a physical symbol of how things were at the moment. Lord Calder was a big deal and Jaspar couldn't help but feel like a dressed up lamb going to see a lion.

"Your face is starting to go down," mused Leo, a hand gently stroking over the bruises on his cheeks. "You are looking less purple."

"I thought it was going to take weeks," Jasper frowned. He was barely aware of the bruising, having already been given some painkillers that morning.

"Joys of living in the Rook," Leo chuckled. "There are enchantments for keeping the occupants healthy and to help them heal faster. Along with the charm to keep people out who want to remove the occupants or attack them, it's an almost perfect place to stay," he commented with an idealist outlook on the place.

Jaspar shivered slightly before pushing Leo's hand from his neck. "Leo, please stop it," he said sounding lightly ill. "Can I just have something to eat before we have to go?" he pleaded.

"The boy looks a treat, Leo, stop fussing over him," one of the regulars chuckled. "Remember to give him an apron or something to keep that nice suit of clean," he added.

"Good call Donny," Leo mused, before pulling something over Jaspar's head carefully and fastened it around his back. Jaspar let him, mostly because he wanted something to eat. Even with his nerves, his stomach was beginning to ache with hunger. "Here you go. Its sausages sandwiches today," Leo said warmly, a hand patting him on the back while placing a place in front of him.

Jaspar quickly tucked into the sandwiches before they could be taken away, almost melting at the taste. He had smelt that was the meal that morning but it was always good to finally be given the food instead of sitting in the smell waiting for someone to give him one.

"Enjoy them," Donny commented from the side. "We normally have them three times a week," he said almost sarcastically. "And bacon the other three and then on the seventh day we have a full English breakfast just for variety." Several people laughed around them at the comment, a few making suggestions for what else could be put into the breakfast menu.

"If you don't like it, you can go elsewhere," Leo said dryly. "Or talk to Mimi over at the King's Retreat about our food menu, Justice and I just get told to serve it. We get no input ignoring, 'no one liked it', 'everyone liked it'."

"I'll remember to do that," Donny said solidly with a slightly dark tone.

Jaspar was only half listening to the conversation, enjoying the sandwich too much. He found himself ravenous and he quickly consumed the sandwich and found himself licking his fingers after. Leo put tissues in his hands and he obediently cleaned them off as someone laughed.

"Want another?" Someone teased from his other side.

"I'm hungry," Jaspar sniffed. "Other than dinner, I didn't eat yesterday," he defended.

Donny led the laughter after that one, someone slapping his back in a friendly enough way. "Not arguing that you should be hungry pup, but you ate that very fast," someone chuckled, another plate being placed in front of him.

He quickly ate the second one before someone could take it away from him, Leo chuckling himself as well. "We will feed you, you know. You just have to say, we always have something even if it isn't meal time," Leo commented as Jaspar ate the second sandwich slightly more slowly but still fast enough to suggest he was hungry.

"Really?" someone asked.

"For people who live here, yes," Leo said like it was an obvious thing. "While not served, Justice and I are allowed to eat lunch," he commented, pouring a drink and putting it the glass in front of Justice as well. "Here's some water," Leo said cheerfully.

"What's going on over here then?" Elison commented, appearing behind Jaspar. Warm hand's landing on Jasper's shoulders and rubbing gently. Jaspar leant back on him while he was drinking his water. While he wasn't happy with Elison at the moment, it was nice to have someone trusted at his back. It was too easy to forget that the men in the room were actually potentially incredibly dangerous people.

"Just saying Jaspar can ask us for food. He ate his first sandwich in seconds," chuckled Leo. "Would hate for him to think otherwise."

"Weren't you the one looking after Jaspar last night?" Elison said dryly, still holding Jaspar's shoulders. "You could have asked Jaspar if he was hungry," he said in a clearly teasing tone. Leo must have pulled a face because everyone blurted out laughing. "Come on Jaspar. Time to head off," Elison commented, patting his shoulders.

Jaspar's stomach grumbled softly, this time from nerves more than anything else. He nodded and used the napkin to wipe his mouth. Elison untied the apron and helped him out of it while Jaspar stood. Someone slapped his arse and made him jump. Elison snarled at the man while the rest laughed. Jaspar blushed, resisting the urge to rub his bottom.

"Come on, let's get out of here," Elison said dryly, taking his hand and leading him forward. "The doorways magic so don't be too unnerved if you feel cold for a moment," he warned.

Jaspar could hear Leo telling the men at the bar off for teasing him as they went through. As they went through the door, Jaspar for a moment felt cold and nauseous before he was warm again. The sounds of people loudly replaced with gentle and calm music which reminded Jaspar of elevator music and there was a clock ticking in the background. The smell of smoke and beer was replaced with the faint scent of air fresher.

"Good morning Mr Elison, Mr Tinman," a softly spoken man said from near them. "I'll just tell Lord Calder you are here. Please take a seat. Would you like anything to drink?" he ordered very professionally.

"No thank you," Elison said, his own tone turning considerably more polite than he had used with the bar patrons. He led Jaspar to some seats and Jaspar sat down on a leather chair. Elison stayed standing, keeping a hand on Jaspar's shoulder. "Sorry about that," Elison murmured. "Apparently they can't keep their hands to themselves even with the warning," he grumbled unhappily.

"It's fine," Jaspar shrugged, refusing to let it unnerve him too much. "I worked at bars part-time. I know how it goes," he murmured. Not that it made it any more bearable or unappreciated when he was about to have a meeting with one of the most powerful men in the city.

Elison hummed, his thumb rubbing circles on his shoulder. "Don't be too afraid to try to whack them back if they try. They won't hit back unless you hit somewhere too personally. Justice and Leo do it all the time. Leo admittedly to flirt but Justice does it to get them to stop."

"Leo likes flirting then?" Jaspar commented softly, trying to distract himself with conversation. His stomach was happily full now but he felt nervous and his palms sweating.

"If you could see his outfits you would understand. Admittedly he got lucky yesterday so he was more modestly dressed today. Still bright pink but he likes the whole pastel boy look. So do the men at the bar," Elison said with an almost fond tone.

"What colours do Justice like?" Jaspar asked curiously. Leo seemed happy and cheerful the few times he had spoken to the man, so chances were Leo was happy with his situation in life. Unlike Justice who had sounded unhappy.

"Green normally. John favours greens so Justice wears them as a uniform. Your suit is black but you have a pale green shirt. Justice didn't have anything which was lighter and Leo doesn't do formal shirts unless forced into them," Elison commented. "Which reminds me, I have some black sunglasses for you if you would like them."

"Just to add to the effect I'm blind?" Jaspar said dryly. "Sure, thank you." Elison put them on gently. Jaspar gave him a big smile. "So what do you think?"

"They suit you," Elison said simply, hands stroking through Jaspar's hair in a fond gesture. Jaspar felt himself blush for unknown reasons and he looked away. Elison chuckled and ruffled his hair lightly.

"Oi," Jaspar grumbled. "Leo just spent twenty minutes making me look presentable," he complained at the gesture.

Elison laughed. "Leo would," he said, his tone of voice clearly suggesting he was grinning, his fingers combing Jaspar's hair back into place.

"Sorry to interrupt you gentlemen, but Lord Calder is now ready for you," the softly spoken man said interrupting. Jaspar's stomach turned again anxiously and Elison thanked the man.

"Come on Jaspar," Elison said reassuringly. "Let's go get this over with shall we?" he said taking Jaspar's hand. Jaspar stood and smiled nervously. Elison kissed him on the forehead, making Jaspar shift in surprise. "Remember, no lying and be yourself. Lord Calder will like you a lot more if you are just honest with him." Elison said.

"Right, let's go then," Jaspar said hoping he sounded confident. Elison rubbed his back before leading him forward. Jaspar knew they were in the room with the man when two doors closed behind them and he was suddenly smelling incredibly expensive aftershave.

"Mr Elison, good to see you are on time," a powerful and bold voice said, everything about the way he spoke radiating with power. "And this must be our young seer." Footsteps walked over to them and Elison let go of his hands, leaving him to the mercy of the stranger. "I'm Lord Calder. It is a pleasure to meet you Mr Tinman, even under these unfortunate circumstances," the man said politely.

"And you," Jaspar said lightly hesitantly before offering his hand. Lord Calder took it in a firm handshake, his rough hands revealing that rich mob boss or not, he was used to getting his hands dirty. A wave of something hit Jaspar, leaving him as soon as it hit.

"Vision?" Lord Calder asked, having noticed the way Jaspar had sagged slightly.

"No, no I don't think so," Jaspar said, sounding very confused. Just what had that been?

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

540 2 12
SHE'S HIS PROMISE HE'S HER ESCAPE No one is allowed to touch his Promise. No ones allowed to hurt her, and if they do... They're dead Jaxon Carnell...
161 18 24
A young, blue-eyed woman. Of noble birth. Captured on a pirate ship with no memories. Opposite her stands the nefarious, gray-eyed pirate. Of unknown...
72K 689 10
I am his nothing but "NO...GET OUT!" I heard a laugh. I shivered. He was my hunter. I was going to lose but I would fight. "I want you to leave. I...
575 32 7
I would have never thought I would get to see him again... He stood in front of me with a smile... He looked way different from when we were kids...