You Had Me At Hello

By NaiMSH

Mercy Brown is known to be quiet a character: Stubborn, loud and just a handful. Moving to Seattle after her... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6

Chapter 1

1.3K 26 8
By NaiMSH

Chapter 1:

Moving away was horrible , I had to leave so much behind , my friends my home , everything but I had to , now that my parents are gone I have nothing there for me but memories and sometimes it’s better to lock them in a box and store it away at the back of your mind.

The airplane ride to America wasn't as bad as I thought It would be , pulling my hood up to cover my face , I put my headphones on and tried to fall asleep but as usual sleep was hard to find. Ever since the day the murder happened.

I remember when I wasn't so quiet , I was full of life I smiled like my life depend on it , everyone in the town called me smiley as there wouldn't be one day without me smiling. Smile can change a person’s day my mum taught me and smile away I used to. 

Yet now I can't smile without remembering my mum, every smile I do now is fake, I mean what's the point I don't have a reason to smile anymore.

Getting off the airplane after collecting my luggage I went to the entrance , since I had no family apart from my mum and dad , I was told that I'd be taken to a boarding school that my mum and dad planned for me the day I was born , something to do with heritage I guess. 

As I stepped out the sun temporally blinded me as I used my hands to shade my eyes , I wasn't used to the sun as back in the UK the sun would come out once in a while, sad right?

I scanned the place looking for a card that has my name on it, some old guy with a butler looking uniform was impatiently waiting for me, and he was tapping his foot looking at his watch as he had somewhere better to be. 

He looked at me before asking “You wouldn't be Miss Brown by any chance" 

“Yes I am, but can you call me Mercy I don't like being called Miss Brown" I told him as I got into the car, without looking at him.

"Well I'll be taking you to your new home or school, whichever you want it to be" he spoke looking at me through the mirror.

"I don't have a home, not anymore" I muttered to myself.

The drive to the boarding school was long and tiring, the boarding school was situated outside the city of Seattle it’s reserved and is surrounded by trees which is kind of freaky but I thought nothing of it.

Finally we drove up a long drive through, until we finally reached the entrance of the school.

The boarding school looked as if it came right out a fairy tale book , it looked like a castle , it was big you had to lean your head back to actually see the top of the school , it had sort of magical eerie sense around it. 

"Welcome to Holte boarding school" the butler told me as he walked off.

 The butler just walked leaving me at the entrance of the school.

"hello , ain't you gonna tell me where I'm meant to go?" I asked.

The butler just glanced at me before going to where ever butlers go to.

"Fat lot of help you are" I muttered kicking a stone, before I walked to the entrance.

The reception was right next to the entrance , making it easier for me to find it without having to walk a lot.

There was an intercom button that I had to press to gain the receptionist attention , pressing the button I waited patiently for the receptionist to come. I sat down as I looked at my surroundings , the reception was a grey colour not one that would bring your mood down , but actually made the room seem brighter , the chairs where black leather that made you want to lie down relax on it, I glanced at the clock 20 minutes has past.

Cursing the person who was taking there time I pressed the button again , no response , annoyed I banged the window until a petite lady came up to me with a face that could turn any milk sour.

" Welcome to Holte Acadamey ,What can I do for you" she spoke in a fake cheery voice.

" I'm Mercy Brown I'm starting the school" I looked at her shyly. 

She started typing at the computer , before handing me my room number , timetable and a welcome pack. 

"Here you go , your uniform has already been sent up to your room , classes for you will begin tomorrow and the headmaster would like to talk to you after you've settled in" she said before walking off into her office, leaving me without another glance.

"Aint she sweet as pie" i muttered sarcastically.

Finding my room was the hardest of all I mean have you seen this place?! Its as big as the bloody buckingham palace and hogwarts put to together.

Looking at the sheet she gave me , my room was situated at the fourth floor , carrying my suitcases was like carrying two big boulders on your back whilst your where burning in flames, I might be exaggerating but that's how it felt. 

As I got up to the second floor , I breathed a sigh of relief , halfway up two more staircase to go, before I could even move , I was pushed which resulted in my suitcase falling down the two flights. 

My mouth wide open as I watched my belongings go through to flights of stairs was pretty painful.

I turned around , seething , behind me was a boy that seemed around my age standing with his mouth wide open.

"You son of a bitch , who the hell do you think you are , do you know how long it took me to carry my freaking bags up theses stupid stairs , well ! Do you ?!" I seethed

The boy cocked his head to the side asking " are you british ? " 

I looked at him in disbelief did he just ask me if I'm britsh when about to kill him.

I smiled at him sweetly "do you know what your going to do" I asked taking a step closer to him. " Your going to go all the way down these steps" I said taking another step towards him. " And then your going to carry my bags all the way up these stairs to my room" I stepped until I was face to face with him. " You get that?" I stood right infront of his face.

"Yup" he said popping the p "your british".

"What is wrong with you !? , obviously I'm british, does my accent sound american? Do I say totally a lot? my accents british cause I am british HAPPY?" 

The boy just stared at me while I tried to control myself from kicking his stupid ass. 

"Wow , british people must have short tempers" he muttered.

"You know what , I'm just going to go" i muttered walking up the stairs.

"What about your bags" he shouted as I carried on walking up the stairs.

"If I don't find my bags in room 407 I actually feel sorry to what's going to happen to you" I shouted as I carried on walking up the stairs.

Is that how people are here in america? No respect what so ever, jheez aren't the boys meant to help a damsel in distress or whatever?

Finally on the fourth floor I give a sigh of relief , that probably took me an hour to get up those stupid stairs , I think I'm going to call it stairs of doom.

Glancing at my watch I was surprised to see it only took me 15minutes.

Looking at the paper with my door number , I walked on glancing at each door , until I finally reached door 407, I unlocked the door to find a room that was bigger then my old bedroom and the living room put together , the room was spacious with an en suite bathroom ,I was amazed to find room was already highly furnished, the bed looked good enough to for a king with plump pillows and black and white duvet, the theme of the room seemed to be black and white as one side of the room had black wallpaper and the other side of the room was painted as white as the snow on Alaska on a winters day , I really need to ask them where they found this paint. I walked to the bathroom to find it as big as my old kitchen , the bathroom was big enough to hold a large bath and a shower and still have enough room for you to do cartwheels , walking up to the shower I placed my hands in before turning it on , the water suddenly came out with such force that it knocked my hand backwards. I walked up to the window and was spellbound by the breathtaking view , it looked like you can see the edge of the world , it was beautiful to say the least.

I sat on the bed and looked around , and was shocked to find my luggage by my bed , and here I was thinking I'd have to trace his ass and kill him for not bringing my bags.

Laying on my bed I felt the urge to cry , I guess forgetting what happened wasn't as easy as I thought It would be.

I remember coming home from collage annoyed that mum didn't come to collect me.

I remember unlocking the door to find the house silent.

I remember going into each room searching for my mum or dad.

I remember slipping on something, confused I'd look at my clothes to find it drenched by blood.

I remember screaming for my parents running into each room , tears streaming down my face.

I remember finding them , there neck torn apart blood everywhere gone from this world.

I remember screaming for help , crying praying to god that I was wrong.

The police told me my parents where killed by animals , their necks slashed viciously enough to drain their blood.

Its a rare death since in birmingham there's hardly any dangerous animals. 

I felt tears running down my eyes without noticing , wiping it off I got up , I'm not crying again not anymore i promised myself and my parents.

The door opened and a boy came in.

"Hey, the headmaster is asking for you" he smiled

AN:

A.N 

New story im starting on , hope you like it.

Comment and tell me what you think of it , constructive critisim helps alot, uploading the next chapter in a couple of days  so make sure to look out :D

Comment ♥ 

Vote  ♥

Fan ♥

 btw comment and tell me if i should make this book a werewolf book or a normal romace book 

CookieMonster:D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 139 26
Life on the line once the innocent girl comes by, but once she goes. She will say goodbye. The first week there, she is almost dead by the first atte...
883 70 9
Reaper is living with Life, for most of his life. Then he goes to school Which he isn't too happy about, because of his curse. His curse to kill anyo...
13 0 11
Brooke is one of the schools brightest and best students. Along with a few of her other classmates, she's selected to help kids stay in school. That...
9.2K 311 12
Jemma has always known she's unique. Normally, being an orphan would be at the top of the list, but the rest of her peers at St. James's Academy are...