Pink Riding Hood

By GothNebula

Her grandmother was Red Riding Hood years ago and now it is passed down to Amy being the descendent of Red Ri... More

Werehog
Amy's Cousin
Kindness
Picnic
Saved By A Wolf
Less Wild
Poacher
New Moon
Being Normal
Nightmare
Searching
Reunion
Spirit of the Wolf
Forgiveness
Love
I Hate Water
Fishing
My Ancestor Returns
Sanity Never Lost
The Real Truth
Free

Truth

354 11 5
By GothNebula

(Sonic's POV)

I can't believe it. My mother has returned as a spirit. She was glowing bright blue but looked alive, "Mother, is that really you?" I asked my mother's spirit.

"Yes my son. It's me" My mother said as she was able to put her hand on my cheek.

"I've missed you so much" I said and held my hand up. My hand met hers as I looked into her eyes. My eyes had tears forming.

"I've missed you too my son. I have been watching you for so long since I died. And look at how you've grown" My mother smiled.

"Thanks. But father is back in the woods. He still has not approved me. Am I a bad son to him?" I began telling her about my reunion with dad.

"Oh, sweetie. You're not a bad son to him. He just doesn't see how you've improved to being who you are" Mom said.

"But how can I make him see that way? He's the only living relative I have left" I said, slight traces of tears appearing.

"Sonic, he has taught you one thing, to survive all dangers in the wild. He may never have accepted you for who you are but deep down he still loves you. When you were born, your father and I were so happy" Mother said.

"I guess that is true. He wanted to teach me how to defend myself from danger. But I was too young to understand him. It's just I don't want him to teach me how to hunt because I don't like killing" I explained to her. Even if my father wanted to teach me how to fight in the wild to survive, he should've waited when I'm old enough to understand.

"I understand. If you meet him again try to talk sense into him and try to make him understand. Make him the father you always wanted to have" Mother said.

"I'll try. But also, why did he leave you to die? I didn't want to leave you there but he forced me" I asked with tears streaming down my muzzle.

"There was nothing he could do. He couldn't bear the sight of me dying so he had to let me go. He just wanted you to be safe" Mother said and hugged me. It all made sense now, father didn't really force me, he just wanted me to survive in the wild. But he couldn't raise me without Mom because he knew that I would be depressed without a mother. That's why he abandoned me because he couldn't bear the pain of my mother's death. It's like my green eyes reminds him of my mother's eyes and that was something he couldn't forget about.

"I have to meet him again, without a fight" I said.

"Yes, promise me you'll tell him you have spoken to me" Mother said.

"I promise. I just hope he believes in ghost stories" I joked with her.

She laughs a bit for a few seconds, "I also noticed you have befriended a pink hedgehog" She said.

"Yeah, she nursed me back to health from a bear fight. She's really cute. But I get this feeling like I'm just more than a friend to her" I said with a blush.

"If it is that feeling then it is love. It comes from the heart" Mom said.

"Love? But I can't be in love with her. Werehog and hedgehog don't go together" I said.

"It does not matter. You're almost like a normal person. But your great grandfather never was. Just tell her your feelings and she might return hers" Mother assured.

"I can try. But now I got to get back" I said.

"Take care of her and her family too. Farewell my son" Mother started to fade away.

I shed a happy tear for speaking with my mother again for years, "Farewell mother" I said with a few tears before heading back. I have to tell Amy how I feel for her but I get too shy and nervous because I don't know if she has any romantic feelings for me. But I have to stay strong right now. Then I'll have a talk with father later.

Just then my reflex alarmed me so fast that I moved out of the way from a cougar that almost pounced on me, "Whoa! Jeez!"

"RAAAAWWRR!" The cougar shrieked at me.

"You got the wrong prey, kitty cat. I'm a predator with claws and fangs if you haven't noticed" I said to this wild big cat. But this cat is in the mood to fight with me. I don't have time to deal with him but I'm happy to fight a big cat, "Oh, great. You wanna fight? Is that it? I'm not in the mood to fight you, buddy. But this will take a few seconds"

"RAAAAAHH!!!" The cougar leaps at me and we wrestled. Then in a swift move I clawed at the cougar's face, making it let go of me.

"That's right! Run like a scaredy cat!" I shouted as it ran away. Well, that was too easy. Good thing I'm not injured again; now to get back to Amy's house.

(Amy's POV)

Sonic really should be back by now, he's been out for a while. I am really worried about him but I'm sure he's all right. He's very brave and smart. And soon he....Oh, he's back. He came back into the house, "Hi Sonic" I waved.

"Ames, you wouldn't believe me but I saw my mother's spirit" He told me, I looked at him as if he had two heads.

"Really? Didn't you hallucinate?" I didn't believe him.

"If I was really hallucinating I would end up bumping my head if something isn't real. But it was real when I saw her talking to me" Sonic explained to me.

I started to believe him, "Did she really miss you?" I asked.

"Yeah and she told me that my father abandoned me because he knew I would be depressed without her and he couldn't bear the pain of her demise. So he really cared for me" He explained.

"That makes perfect sense. But I still don't understand why he left you just like that" I said.

"My guess is my eyes remind him of my mother's eyes. That's why he abandoned me because he wanted to forget about my mother's eyes" He said.

"Possibly. But he kept you alive" I said.

"Yeah, but I still suffered from loneliness for years" Sonic said.

"But you're not alone, not anymore. You got us" I said and hugged him.

"Yeah. Though I still have one relative that is alive. My father" Sonic said.

"You and he can settle and fix up the mistakes he has done to you. He has a chance of reforming" I placed a hand on his cheek. He tenderly held my hand.

"Ames, I have something to say" Sonic said and lowers my hand.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Ever since you saved me from that wild bear, brought me back to health, made friends and being at my side, I got a new feeling building up" He explained.

I knew where this is coming because I always had a strong feeling too but I was too shy to tell him that. Looks like both of us are feeling the same way, "Me too. My heart is warmed up by the sight of you" I said.

I was about to kiss him but got interrupted by my Grandma standing near the door, "Oh, you're back Sonic" She did not notice that I was gonna kiss him.

"Yeah, I was gonna hug her" Sonic lied.

"Oh, so where were you?" Granny asked again.

"Running around in the forest like a wild wolf" Sonic said.

"Oh, okay. You didn't fight anyone again?" Grandma wondered.

"A cougar but I scared it off. I wasn't in the mood to fight because I did not wanna get injured again" Sonic said.

"It's a good thing you didn't get hurt, Sonic" I said to him.

"Yeah. And also, Mrs. Rose, I saw my mother's spirit. I know most people don't believe in ghosts but I heard her voice" He said.

"It seems you really miss her" Granny said.

"Yes and she told me something. My father didn't abandon me on purpose, he wanted forget every memory of my mother's death and he knew I would be depressed without her" Sonic said.

"Trauma" Granny guessed.

"You could say that" Sonic said.

"And he told me that his father actually do care for him" I said.

"But if he really cares about you, he shouldn't be so aggressive like a savage animal" Granny said.

"He's been in the wild for too long" I said.

"Yeah, if I find him I'll reason him without a fight. I am a wild werehog but my mother's kindness held onto me from going completely savage" Sonic said.

"If you'll go looking for him, I'm coming with you" I said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.4K 1.4K 20
Book II: The Revival Of Amy Rose Book III: The Returning Feelings (On Process) What will happen to Amy if she suddenly got tired of chasing Sonic? Wi...
6.8K 173 27
Sonic finds a weird red ring that causes him to act strange. And the more he sees Amy the crazier/obsessed he gets. Will Sonic do something to Amy? W...
13.5K 377 26
For years Amy had been chasing after Sonic desperately for his love and affection, yet Sonic never did return Amy's feelings. It didn't matter since...
5.1K 92 40
Amy's obsession all started from the day she lost her original senpai. Sonic the Hedgehog. After she confessed her feelings under the cherry blossom...