LOU'S TATTOOS

By IrisChacon2

2017 Red Ribbon winner, The Wishing Shelf international book awards (Adult-Fiction). A tattoo artist is pursu... More

LOU'S TATTOOS: Sneak Peek
Cover Reveal!
INTRODUCTION
PART ONE-Chapter 1: JUNGLE
Chapter 2: CUTLER RIDGE
Chapter 3: PHOTOWORLD
Chapter 4: AFRICAN VELDT
Chapter 5: MIAMI
Chapter 6: AFRICAN PORT
Chapter 7: LOU'S APARTMENT
Chapter 8: LAS VEGAS
Chapter 9: AFRICAN FREIGHTER
Chapter 10: BAY SHORE DRIVE
Chapter 11: PHOTOWORLD
Chapter 12: MIDNIGHT MADNESS
Chapter 13: THE READY ROOM
Chapter 14: AIRPORT, MIAMI
Chapter 15: THE PLANE
Chapter 16: THE TARMAC
Chapter 17: THE FLIGHT
Chapter 18: DENVER
Chapter 19: THE THREE MOTO-TEERS
Chapter 20: LOS ANGELES
Chapter 21: FRIDAY AFTERNOON
Chapter 22: FRIDAY NIGHT
Chapter 23: SATURDAY MORNING
Appendix: POP CULTURE 1995
Video of Early Raves
Chapter 24: MURPHY'S LAW
Chapter 25: BIKERS' LAIR
Chapter 26: SATURDAY NIGHT
Chapter 27: SUNDAY MORNING
Chapter 28: B & B EPIPHANY
Chapter 29: HOOSEGOW
Chapter 30: Poetic Justice
Chapter 31: SUNDAY AFTERNOON
Chapter 32: SUNDAY NIGHT
Chapter 33: MONDAY MORNING
Chapter 34: MONDAY, LATE AFTERNOON
Chapter 35: THE RETURN
Appendix 2, pt. 2 - More Tattoo Trivia
Chapter 36: HELL WEEK
WHAT DO THEY RIDE?
Chapter 37: RANDALL'S TATTOO
Chapter 38: BUDDY THE BLADE
Chapter 39: DO OR DIE
EPILOGUE
LOU'S TATTOOS Wins Red Ribbon

Appendix: TATTOO TRIVIA

386 28 4
By IrisChacon2

AUTHOR NOTE:

HUZZAH!  Lou's Tattoos goes live on Amazon and the other popular book sellers on December 1 -- just two days from today, as I write this.  A huge thank-you to those who have already pre-ordered the book for delivery on release day.  

Before we move on to Chapter 31 today, enjoy these excerpts from Appendix 2 of the book: Tattoo Trivia.  Happy reading!

~o~~o~~o~

Origins

"From a simple scientific standpoint—tattoos are created [by] the insertion of colored materials beneath the skin's surface or epidermis. The first tattoos were most likely created unintentionally. Someone with a small wound or gash happened to rub it with a dirty hand that was covered with soot or ash. Once the wound had healed, they realized that the skin had healed over the ash and that the mark became a permanent addition." (http://tattootemple.hk/the-guide/history-of-tattooing, accessed 9/28/16)

"Skin was the first canvas for art. Sticks and other pointy objects were the first paintbrushes. Tattooing was first a form of scarification. This involved wounding oneself and packing dirt or ashes into the scrape or cut to discolor it permanently. It is believed that prehistoric man cut holes in his skin, charred sticks in the fire, let them cool and then applied the black substance to the wound to create tribal markings." (http://www.thetattoocollection.com/history_of_tattoos.html, accessed 9/28/16)

"As tattooing involved pain, blood and fire, primitive man believed the process released sacred life forces. The letting of blood was also associated with a sacrifice to the Gods. The symbol or animal form of the tattoo was thought to bring one protection from attack from that very same animal.

"Tattoos were also used to bring one's soul in alignment with God's purpose, increase virility and fertility, ensure the preservation of the body after the death and delineate hierarchies and roles within tribes. For instance, a tribal chieftain would have a very different tattoo than the individual in the tribe who was thought to bring them all bad luck." (thetattoocollection.com)

"The word tattoo comes from the Tahitian "tatu," which means "to mark something." It is arguably claimed that tattooing has existed since 12,000 years BC....

"Tattoos around the wrist and fingers were believed to ward away illness. Throughout history tattoos have signified membership in a clan or society." (A Brief History of Tattoos, http://www.powerverbs.com/tattooyou/history.html, accessed 9/28/16)

"As skin does not preserve that well there is very archeological evidence that prehistoric people engaged in tattooing, although a few Paleolithic artifacts that have been discovered seem to suggest that the art of tattooing is as old as mankind....

"Tattooing in ancient history was a funereal art. Images of tattooing are found on Egyptian female figurines that are dated between 4000 and 2000 years BC. Libyan figures from the tomb of Seti (1330 B.C.) also boast figures with tattoo markings on the arms and the legs." (thetattoocollection.com)

"Around [2000 B.C.], the Japanese became interested in the art but only for its decorative attributes. The Horis — the Japanese tattoo artists — were the undisputed ancient masters of the color tattoo. Their use of pigments, perspective, and imaginative designs gave the practice a whole new appearance. During the first millennium A.D., Japan adopted Chinese culture and confined tattooing to branding wrongdoers." (thetattoocollection.com)

Tattoos for Health and Wellbeing

"In ancient Asian cultures, tattoos were often applied to ensure long term physical health. The Tibetans equated designs called mantra wheels with many minutes of chanting. These designs were tattooed on chakra (energy points) on the body to help the bearer of the tattoo achieve physical, emotional and spiritual harmony. Sometimes tattoos were created from medicinal dyes and marked on acupuncture points of the body in an attempt to cure chronic health problems and diseases.

"In quite a few cultures an image of a God or Goddess could also be tattooed on an acupuncture point or an afflicted part of the body in an attempt to heal it. In India, the Monkey God, Hanuman, was tattooed on dislocated shoulders. Older Maori women tattooed their lips and face to prevent failing vision. Ainu women tattooed a Goddess on their skin so that the evil spirits that bestowed disease would mistake them for the Goddess and flee in terror." (thetattoocollection.com)

"In terms of tattoos on actual bodies, the earliest known examples were for a long time Egyptian and were present on several female mummies dated to c. 2000 B.C. But following the more recent discovery of the Iceman from the area of the Italian-Austrian border in 1991 and his tattoo patterns, this date has been pushed back a further thousand years when he was carbon-dated at around 5,200 years old.

"...[T] he distribution of the tattooed dots and small crosses on his lower spine and right knee and ankle joints correspond to areas of strain-induced degeneration, with the suggestion that they may have been applied to alleviate joint pain and were therefore essentially therapeutic."(http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/tattoos-144038580/?no-ist, accessed 9/28/16)

"Historically tattoos have always been thought to bring the wearer good luck. In China, tattooing one's animal astrological symbol, such as The Pig or The Horse is thought to bring good fortune. Images of Koi, carp or goldfish were thought to bring prosperity and wealth to the bearer.

"In Burma, a parrot tattooed on the shoulder is thought to bring luck. In Thailand, a scroll representing Buddha in the posture of meditation is said to charm Lady Luck. Card tattoos such as the Ace of Spades and the Ten of Diamonds were worn by American soldiers in Vietnam to protect against bad luck and venereal disease." (thetattoocollection.com)

Spiritual and Metaphysical Tattooing

"Both in ancient and modern times, primitive people believe that the spirit or astral body resembles an invisible human body. This is similar to many modern occultist beliefs about the astral body. Tattoos are applied so that the spirit is allowed to pass into the spirit world undisturbed by evil entities. The primitive peoples of Borneo believe that the right tattoo ensures prompt passage to the other side as well as a guaranteed positive occupation in the spirit world....

"Today, tattoos are still used to create a spirit connection with deceased loved one and family members. These types of tattoos are rarer, but they often appear as hearts with initials, tombstones with parent's initials and heavenly symbols such as five, six and seven pointed stars." (thetattoocollection.com)

"The ancient Egyptians reportedly spread the practice of tattooing throughout the world. The pyramid-building third and fourth dynasties of Egypt developed international nations that ruled Crete, Greece, Persia, and Arabia. By 2000 B.C. the art of tattooing had found its way to Southeast Asia and the Ainu (western Asian nomads) then brought it with them on their migrations to Japan. Elsewhere, the Shans of China introduced the craft to the Burmese, who still include tattooing as part of their religious practices" (thetattoocollection.com)

"Primitive peoples also used tattoos to create what are called clan markings. These marking came in handy during battle to identify foe from friend. These tattoos also guaranteed that you would be able to greet your friends again in heaven, after you had passed away.

"Family and marriage tattoos were also clan markings that enabled spouses who were separated in death to find each other again in the afterworld. A good example of this is the ancient Ainu tribe who believed that a bride without a tattoo would go straight to Gehenna - their version of hell." (thetattoocollection.com)

"Totem animals are also another common motif in primitive tattoos. Totem animals such as snakes, frogs, butterflies wolves or bears signified that the individual has taken on the physical prowess of that animal. In some cultures, the totem animal is thought to have a special spiritual relationship with the bearer of tattoo and acts as a spirit guide. From the South Pacific to the South America, primitive people have customs involved with their tattooing rituals. Usually the person being tattooed is separated from others, smudged, isolated from the opposite sex or fed a special diet.

"From primitive times to now, Hawaiians celebrate specific tattoo gods. The designs associated with each God are locked away in the temples and priests conduct tattooing. Each tattooing session begins with a prayer to tattoo gods that implores that the operation goes well and that the designs be gorgeous in the end." (thetattoocollection.com)

~o~~o~~o~

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

We'll reveal more Tattoo Trivia later, but now let's move on to Chapter 31 and find out what's going on with Lou, Randall, and the bumbling biker gang.

Thanks for voting and commenting.  And thanks for being such faithful and enthusiastic readers.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3M 106K 67
Mature Content 17+ || Savage Wolves MC Book One Recently escaped from the only home she's ever known, Letha moves out to Las Vegas to start a new lif...
317K 18.2K 26
Ann Hackstetter first met Jackson Martinez while vacationing at Lazy M Dude Ranch with her husband and teenage son. Part of the "dude" package was a...
21K 584 36
" I lunge forward at him hitting his groin with my knee then right between the eyes. As soon as I do, he crashes to the ground, out cold. I go for mo...
785K 28.8K 44
Tatt had always been living the same lifestyle: fuck, ink, fight for the club and face any trials that come his way. But after a scrape with law enfo...