Stole My Heart (Editing)

By aarti_athavle

Rebecca Thomas is new in town. She is cute, sweet and shy and hates being the center of attention. Everything... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 - Epilogue

Chapter 25

11K 266 13
By aarti_athavle

Four weeks later.

I came home exhausted after the graduation day. The last few days have been very hectic. First the exams and studies then the results and graduation day preparations have completely wore me out but it’s not over yet. Today there is a graduation party at Noah’s house and tomorrow is his mom’s wedding. The wedding was supposed to be last weekend but it got pushed ahead due to venue problems.

My parents were really proud of me for graduating with good grades. I had even been accepted in NYU, Oregon and MSU but I had still not finalized where I would like to go. Noah was taking in Oregon which he was getting due his sports scholarship. He wanted me to come there but I needed to think about it. It was a big decision after all; I couldn’t just follow Noah being his best friend.

I still have time to tell him the way I feel about him. I am going to enjoy my summer with him and leave the final decision depending on his answer. If he is willing to us a chance I will go to Oregon if not then New York it is. My dad has an apartment near the campus which his parents bought him when he joined the university there.

“Are you going to that party tonight?” My mom asked bringing me back to reality.

I shrugged. I wanted to go but it was going to be tiring. I had decided to stay at Noah’s place then get ready there itself in the morning for his mother’s wedding. My dress and shoes were already there since Noah accompanied to the shopping trip. “Yeah I am going if it’s ok with you?” I asked a little unsure.

I told my parents about my plan of staying at Noah’s so I wanted to be sure they were okay with it. I just hope they don’t change their mind the last minute. “No, we don’t mind. We trust you.” Said my dad and kissed the side of my head.

I smiled. I always felt proud about the fact that they trusted and believed in me. I hope to never let them down; I am going to miss them when I leave for college. “I will go and get ready.” I said.

“I thought you still had an hour or so before you left.” My mom said sounding a little sad. I am sure she was thinking about me leaving for college.

I went to them. “I do have an hour.” I said and sat down on the couch. My dad sat in front of me on the loveseat and mom went to the kitchen to make coffee.

After spending about an hour with my parents and them talking about the different career options I have I got up and left to get ready. I showered being careful about wetting my hair, I wrapped a towel around myself opened the closet and sat on my bed. What should I wear? A pair of shorts will be too casual, a dress too over the top.

I think being under dressed is way better than being overdressed so shorts it is. I pulled out my favorite pair of light blue faded shorts and a baby pink halter neck top to go with it. I got dressed quickly and brushed my hair adding a few curls, applied some pink gloss instead of clear and left the room. I remembered to take my overnight bag. I have to call Will.

I removed my cell phone and dialed his number. He picked up after two three rings. “I am ready. Where are you?” I asked.

“On my way. Come out, I am almost there.” He said and I hung up.

I said my goodbyes to my parents I was not going to see them till tomorrow evening. I picked up my bag and went outside. I saw Will stopping the car as soon as I stepped out of my house. He came to me smiling happily and took the bag from my hand. He opened the door for me and we drove in silence to Noah’s house.

Will and I made our way to Noah’s house. Will threw an arm around me when we entered the house. The party was just starting. God, hope these people don’t make too much mess otherwise I will be the one left to clean it up along with Noah. I looked around the room to see if any of my friends are already here. I spotted Sarah, Amber and Liam in the corner near the kitchen.

They waved at us excitedly and started walki8ng in our direction. “Hey, I thought you guys were going to be late.” Sarah said and hugged me.

Sarah shot Amber a look which looked like she was mad. Amber sighed. “The party just starting. I have not forgotten about it.” She said.

I looked between the both of them confused but Sarah was grinning from ear to ear. “What are you guys talking about?” I asked curiously.

Sarah just giggled like a school girl and from nowhere Rachel was standing next to me along with Rosie. “What are you guys talking about?” Rachel and Rosie asked at the same time.

“Ok fine. Here’s the...” she started saying but was cut off by Sarah. “You tell them then” Amber said and waved towards us.

Will and Liam were looking like they were least bothered about this. “I should be the one to tell them.” She said.

We nodded and waited for her to continue. “Tonight’s the night. I am going to find a hot guy and have some fun for a change.” She said.

I still didn’t get it. I mean I was sure she was not a virgin except me no one was in our group. “She is going to lose her virginity to a one night stand. She will never see that boy again but wants him to be hot.” Liam said.

Sarah slapped his arm quiet hard and he groaned. “You are serious. I thought you had already lost it like last year to who was that guy?” Will asked.

“Mark.” Amber said. Will shook his head “Tony” Rosie added. “No his name started from T I think.” Will said deep in thought.

The name guessing went on for a while. “Tom.” Liam said and Will hi-fived him. I have never heard of this guy. I was looking around the room for Noah. I had been here for almost thirty minutes now but hadn’t seen him at all maybe he is still not ready.

“Tom was so stupid. I regret dating him for three months. It was such a waste but he is kind of nice too.” Sarah said.

I nodded and smiled at her encouragingly but others just frowned and sighed. “He was such jackass.” Liam commented.

“You bet.” Will said and all others agreed. Their discussion was unending but not my search. Where on earth is this boy?  He never takes this long to get ready.

“I am going to get a drink.” I said and excused myself to go to the kitchen. I poured my coke in a red cup and leaned against the counter. Noah literally forced me to attend this party. He reminded me that I had promised him to attend his next party.

I sighed tired of waiting for him and started walking towards the other when suddenly two arms went around my waist. I could feel his hot breath blowing on my neck making me shiver. You are angry at him I reminded myself and turned around.

“Hi.” He said smiling at me happily. I melted just at seeing me smile at me so tenderly. Jeez, he is so perfect though he sleeps around a lot but it has almost stopped in the last few weeks.

I was happy to finally see him but I had to be angry. “What took you so long?” I asked raising my eyebrows at him making him smile.

“A little bit busy that’s it.” He said and smiled looking over my shoulder and then winked. I know where this is leading to.

“I had fun we should do this again.” A girl I recognized as Jo said to Noah. I didn’t even realize that she was now standing next to me.

Noah just smiled and winked at her. I rolled my eyes and started walking. Every time I think about him not sleeping around much and he proves me wrong like I jinx it or something. He is never going to change. A part of me still hopes he feels the way I do and would commit to me but that’s just wishful thinking.

Noah caught my arm making me stop. He never leaves me alone, why does he do this? I tried to pull out of his hold but it didn’t work. “Where are you going? Why did you leave me alone?” he asked.

“I thought you were going to have some fun with that slut. I don’t want to ruin it so go ahead.” I said quickly. I am so stupid, I shouldn’t have said that but I didn’t think before saying it. Now he thinks I am crazy, amazing.

Noah chuckled and looked at me with shock and happiness. Hmm weird. “Look at you, you are jealous.” He said smiling at me.

“What? No I am not.” I responded quickly. It was not true; I was feeling very jealous just about thinking of him and that Jo. My blood was boiling but I was not gonna tell him that.

He shook his head. “You are jealous and now you are lying. No need to be jealous, you are the only girl for me.” He said and intertwined our fingers.

I smiled. I wish I was the only girl for him but it was not real. On the other hand he is the only one for me. I don’t think I will ever love anyone more than I love him, it’s just not possible. We were walking to the dance floor. He rested his hands on my waist and pulled me to his chest. I wrapped my arms around his neck and looked into those deep blue eyes.

I could be with him this way forever. If I die in this moment I would be the happiest girl alive. We were staring into each other eyes; there was less than inch space between us. He was smiling at me warmly and his gaze was flicking to my lips every now and then for a few seconds. I haven’t kissed him for last two weeks and I miss it.

His face was inching closer to mine and he was leaning in slowly when someone pulled him away from me. I gasped when Jo took him away from me and started grinding against him. He looked really uncomfortable but he didn’t try or even manage to pull away from her. I walked past them and went to the guest room of his house.

I sat on the bed and was about to cry when the door opened. Will came inside and sat next to me and didn’t ask anything. I bet he saw everything that happened, he always watched out for me. I held my tears back. I am not going to cry over something which is clearly not meant to be. It is hard to hold my tears back but I can manage. I stood up and went to the window and was staring outside.

“Are you ok?” Will asked and stood next to me.

I nodded. “I am fine.” I said assuring him. Will didn’t seem to see through my lie so he sighed and smiled. A look of indecision crossed his face and he looked like he was deep in thought.

“I like you.” Will said all of a sudden and it caught me totally off-guard. I stared at him with wide eyes trying to figure out what he meant. “I like you more than a friend. What do you think?” he mumbled.

Oh shit, what should I say? I never thought of him more than a friend but I don’t want to hurt him. “Um, I don’t know.” I said softly.

He nodded. “Can you give it a try?” he asked desperately. “Are you not even going to consider it?” he asked.

I am considering it but I can’t do this, can I? I really have no clue. Will is nice, sweet and caring but he is not Noah. I can’t hurt him like that knowing maybe I will never get over Noah. “Will you are so nice and you are one my closet friends…” I said trailing off. How do I put this without hurting him?

Will was looking at me intently waiting for me to continue. I sighed deeply and looked at his face. I should be honest with him, he deserves that. I was about to say what I had to when Will’s lips crashed on mine. This doesn’t feel that bad but it feel wrong. I kissed him back my arms went around his neck; he pulled me closer to him.

This is so wrong but there is no reason for it to be. It’s not like I am cheating on Noah or something then why does it feel like this? I was about to stop and pull away from Will but suddenly Will was pushed off me, I didn’t do anything. I opened my eyes to see Will pinned to the wall and Noah punched him on his face. There was a noise like a bone snapped shit, Noah broke Will’s nose, I hope not.

I went there and shoved Noah away from Will. Noah was glaring at Will angrily and then will slumped to the floor. His nose was bleeding and he was grunting in pain. I ran to the kitchen and got the first aid box. I cleaned up his wound and Noah just stood there his fists tightly clenched watching my every move. Will’s nose was not broken so he didn’t need to go to the hospital. Will was sitting on the bed holding a tissue on his nose. I am so angry at Noah, why did he do this? And he is still standing here.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” I shouted at Noah. I never get angry on him but what he did today was just inexcusable.

Noah finally looked at me and his face softened. “He was kissing you.” He growled.

“So? What is your problem?” I asked angrily and crossed my arms on my chest. Will was kissing me is between me and him. It was not like he forced himself on me.

“I didn’t like it. How could he do this?” Noah asked Will and then looked at me again.

“She liked it.” Will said. Noah took a step towards him and I stopped him before he could hit him again. This boy has a bad temper.

“Do you think we could talk alone?” I asked Will. He nodded quietly but was hesitant leaving the room, I smiled at him assuringly and he left.

Noah took hold my arms and pulled me closer to him tightly. “Did you kiss him back?” Noah asked. I didn’t answer. “You were going to sleep with him?” he asked.

That was it and pulled away from him. “That’s what you really think of me isn’t it? I will do anything I want. I don’t need to ask for your permission.” I said nastily.

Noah took a step toward me; his face had softened a bit. “I didn’t mean it that way. I am sorry. I just worry about you.” He said.

“I can take care of myself. I am not 12.” I replied. He doesn’t need to worry about me. He is the one who hurts me the most.

“He is not good enough for you.” Noah said looking away from me.

I frowned. “Ok then who is good enough for me?” I asked him challenging. Now he will be the one to decide who is good and not good enough for me.

He shook his head. “No one is good enough for you.” He said. What? I don’t understand why is he behaving this way?

“So I can’t be with anyone because you think no one is good enough for me.” I asked angrily. I don’t know why he even cares who I end up with.

“Well, not exactly. I won’t let you be with anyone who is not good enough.” He said shrugging.

“The last time I checked it was my life not your personal property. You are the one who hurts me the most and you try to protect me?” I said. I regretted those words as soon as they left my mouth.

A look of hurt crossed his face and he suddenly looked sad. All his anger faded away just by the bitterness of my words. “What did I do? When have I hurt you?” he asked softly.

Ok, change the topic. “That’s not the point. I don’t tell you who to sleep with. So, why do you? I never say anything when you sleep with sluts of our school. You are such a player. You use girls for fun and then break their hearts. What do you know about relationships?” I asked.

“Ok you don’t. When have I hurt you? I don’t think I have ever done anything to hurt you. You say I am player fine but I will never do that to you. You are the only one I care about and you say I hurt you the most. What have I done? Just tell me.” He asked.

“I don’t like to see you sleeping around all the time. It hurts and yes I do get jealous but you know what? I have the right to because…” I stopped. That was close I was just about to say because I am in love with you. He was looking at me confused. I hope he doesn’t figure it out.

“Why do you care?” He asked and crossed his arms on his chest waiting for me to answer him.

Ok, now what do I say? “Um…I don’t know. Just leave me alone.” I said and walked out of the room.

I went to Noah’s bedroom and slammed the door shut in frustration. I can’t believe I was about to confess my love for him. He shouldn’t have hit Will, what if something serious would have happened? I don’t even understand why he cares? I can choose to be with anyone I want, I don’t need his approval. I think he was jealous but who am I kidding?

Noah could get any girl he wants why would he be jealous because of me but I can’t stop having hope. I know he cares about me and is very protective but this time he went overboard. It was just Will he is his friend too. Ok, they are close but I and Will are closer. I don’t want to get hurt anymore so tomorrow after the wedding I will talk to him and try to make amends if that’s possible.

Please comment and vote if you like.

Only a few chapters more.

The next upload will be either this weekend or next week.

I hope you liked it.

Enjoy, thanks :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

208K 5.8K 44
Katelyn Dawson has always been a good girl. Until one day, she bumps into Ashton James, (The school's bad boy) in the hallway and everything changes...
15.3K 1.8K 26
Losing somebody you love is one of the most heartbreaking things ever. And, something exactly like this happened with Blaire Evans when she lost Elij...
315K 6.6K 37
Eleanor James; A shy, quiet, introverted, and sweet 18 years old girl with the weight of the world on her shoulders and secrets wrapped around her li...
525K 10.2K 87
[COMPLETED] "That wasn't very nice, was it princess?" He asked in a husky voice and I stuttered, trying to form words but failing. His lips leaned i...