I Can't Let You Go Back

By XxMasterfulSaraXx

Kaylie Jennings is an exchange student from England, ordinary human girl? Ian is the bad boy alpha of one of... More

I Can't Let You Go Back
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29!
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33?
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 (Part 1)
Chapter 35 (part 2)
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Epilogue

Chapter 23

11.3K 345 19
By XxMasterfulSaraXx

Hey guys! I know I said I'm taking a week or so off, but I was super excited about graduating today, June 5th 2012 (Class of 2012), that I decided to upload what I have. Since I write all my stories on my iPod and/or iPhone, I tend to write when I have them out, I find it easier to write with my apple devices than sitting behind a computer. Enough rambling! Enjoy reading :) :)

Chapter 23

"You're banished from the pack, I want you gone by midnight" I decree not even giving a second thought to the little matter of him being one of my friends... Not anymore.

Chase let's out a strangled cry, "Please Alpha, I can't survive as a rogue!" he begs, now on his knees pleading for mercy.

"Well why didn't you think about that before you attempted to rape Kaylie?"

"But I didn't, please Ian, we're friends." He pleads only enraging me further.

"The fact that you would have if I hadn't barged in is enough to punish you for. You're a disgrace to the shifter community and I don't want to ever lay eyes on you again, or I'll kill you, trust me you'd rather be dead by the hands of rogues than by my hand!"

Only when I'm done do I realize that my voice is full of emotion and a few tear drops have escaped. How could he? He... he would have taken her innocence! It's all my fault, I should have never left them alone in my room. If I didn't this wouldn't be happening right now. It's been about thirty-six hours since the... Yeah, I've been trying to think of a befitting punishment for Chase while he'd been locked up in the little prison cells for traitors. Now I've found it and it's fair, actually I'm being really lenient on his behavior, I should just have his head. But I'm not that brutal of an Alpha unless it's absolutely necessary.

"Please Ian!"

"It's Alpha to you! Take him away!" I bark at the guards as I walk away, trying to get back to my parent's house to see Kaylie.

Kaylie. She's been really shaken by the almost... Yeah, well she seems to be doing okay. Although at some point she asked to leave, go back to her parents in England. I couldn't have that, I want her here, close by. I couldn't live with her so far away and I can't move with her and leave the pack. No, I had to convince her to stay and finish high school, thankfully she agreed. But there's the other problem, she might have agreed to stay for the rest of her senior year, but there's still the issue of her going back home to England and then college. I can't let her go back. No, I won't allow it if I can, I'll make sure she stays.

I begin a sprint to my parents's house from the pack house and get there in less than five minutes. Walking in the unlocked doors, I'm greeted by the sight of my parents snogging.

"Get a room,"

My father chuckles and pulls away from my mum as she giggles like a school girl. Sometimes I wonder if she'll ever grow out of being a teenager, actually the both of them.

"What was the verdict?" my dad asks, his face doing a complete 360 from playful to serious.

"Exile," I say and my mum gasps.

"At least you spared his life," my dad says, nodding his head.

"Yeah," I mutter and then look over at the staircase.

"She's in her room," my mom says understanding the reason I'm home.

Nodding, I walk up the stairs and stop in front of her door. Listening for any movements inside the room. I can hear her steady breathing, is she asleep? I wonder. Lifting my right hand, I knock lightly.

After some shuffling, "Come in," she says softly and let's out a breath.

Opening the door quietly, I walk into her bedroom and shut the door behind me.

She's sprawled out on her bed, laying on her back with a book in her hand. She looks up and when she sees me she smiles brightly, her face lighting up.

I smile back at her and walk the remaining distance to her, plopping myself beside her on her bed.

"Hey," she mutters softly, still smiling.

"Hi," I reply lifting a hand to brush the little tendrils of hair that have escapes her messy bun.

She blushes, and I smirk. I love how she blushes over every little gesture, I hope that never changes.

"What are you reading?" I ask her, trying to ease her off her nervousness.

"Fifty Shades of Grey," she answers shocking me out of my wits. isn't that book a bit... Um, for mature audiences?

"I... Huh... You..." I stutter at loss for words.

She bursts out laughing, the sound sounding so melodic to my ears. "Just kidding, I was just rereading The Hunger Games."

"Oh, you got me a bit there, I thought you were serious,"

She laughs again, "I know, your face was an epitome of absolute shock."

Suddenly an idea forms in my head, "You know you wouldn't have to read Fifty Shades of Grey, I can make all your fantasies come true." I tease her wiggling my fingers and eyebrows. Now it's my turn to watch her squirm.

She blushes such a deep crimson, actually her whole face turns red in embarrassment.

"Ian! Don't say stuff like that," she scolds, but biting her bottom lip at the end. Lips I'd like to kiss again if she'll let me. Which reminds me about one of the reasons I'm here to see her.

"How are you angel?" I ask her seriously, wanting to know the answer to that because it will determine if I'll end up asking her the next question.

She grimaces, "I'm better I guess, not as bad as yesterday. But good thing you're here to keep my mind off stuff," she replies, smiling at the end.

I smile too, "Good thing huh?"

She nods.

'Just ask her you pussy!' my wolf urges.

'I am not a pussy!'

'Then why are you sweating bullets'

'Im not... It's hot in here okay?' I answer my wolf pathetically. I can practically hear him laughing at me.

'Shut up! You know we're the same person, if I'm nervous you're nervous.' I tell him and that shut him up.

"Ian are you okay?" Kaylie asks looking over my face. She must see how nervous I am to ask her a simple but terrifying question. I mean if she says no then I'm finished, I'd probably burst out crying. On the other hand, if she says yes, I'll be so fucking ecstatic. But I'll never find out if I don't sum up some courage and ask her. What sort of Alpha am I? The one that's scared off his wits to ask his mate a simple question.

"Will you go out with me?" I rush out, I'm not even sure the words came out right, meaning she didn't understand me, if the confused expression she's wearing is any indication.

"Huh? I didn't get that," Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

I can do this! You are an Alpha! Man up! Okay... Sighing I look down at her, "Would you like to go out with me?"

And this time I can hear myself crystal clear which means she heard me too.

"Like a date?" she asks almost hesitantly. I knew I shouldn't have asked! She doesn't even sound like she wants to go! I'm so stupid, thinking she'd maybe say yes!

"Yes, like a date."

She looks at me for a couple of seconds, mere seconds that feel like minutes. A couple seconds of her silence is enough to drive me insane, my thoughts running all over the place. Ranging from how I'll get over her rejection to how I'll try to persuade her to say yes.

"Well..." she hesitates and I can feel my heart breaking.

"It's okay if you don't want to, I totally understand." I offer dejectedly

Actually it's not okay, she just shot me down and she didn't even have to say anything! And that's a huge blow to my ego! How the heck will I go on now? I'll be...

"Yes,"

"Like I said I totally understand that you don't feel the same way enough to... Wait... what did you just say? Did you just say yes?" I ask, feeling like my hearing is playing tricks on me. Did she actually say yes?

"I said yes," she repeats as a smile forms on her face.

"What? Are you serious?" I ask again just to make sure.

She giggles and nods her head, "Yes, I'll go out with you Ian,"

A grin breaks out on my face as I jump up and pump my fist in the air. Then realizing a second later that I probably looked stupid.

She giggles again, "You're so adorable," she coos getting up on the bed and standing at the edge to pinch my cheeks. I blush for the first time. "Aww you're blushing!"

"I am not!"

"Don't worry, it's cute." She says jumping down the bed and walking out the bedroom.

"Hey, I am not cute! I am a sexy piece of man!" I say following behind her and grabbing her by the waist, lifting her up as she giggles.

She said yes, and I'm so excited that I could burst! Even though she just called me cute.

*************************************************************

Please vote, comment, and/or fan if you think my story deserves it :)

Thanks for all the support! I can't believe I'm more than half way done, just a couple more chapters left! whoooo! :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

185K 6.9K 31
Tyler is the typical 18 year old girl. She goes to school. Hangs out with friends. All the normal things a teenager does. Until newbies Logan and co...
299K 11.3K 24
For Keira, finding her true mate, should be one of the most exciting time of her life. But what happens when it doesn't turn out as she expected. Or...
40K 1.6K 68
~Septiplier~ After a traumatic incident, an 18 year old Mark decides that it'd be best for him to get away from the memories, and move halfway acro...
254K 5.9K 27
Clarity is the Daughter of one of the biggest packs in America.. the Blue Mountain Pack. Her brother is the next Alpha in line and is overly protecti...