The Dangerous Ones [✔️] (#1 i...

By DELynch43

[COMPLETED, 18+) ''Let's get one thing straight.'' His tone was as stern as his grip. ''We don't make idle th... More

WELCOME
DELICIOUS DETAILS
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TW0
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY-ONE
FIFTY-TWO
FIFTY-THREE
FIFTY-FOUR
FIFTY-FIVE
FIFTY-SIX
FIFTY-SEVEN
FIFTY-EIGHT
NEXT
Novels
Author's Note
A CELEBRATION
BONUS CHAPTER-Deleted scene #1
BONUS CHAPTER-Deleted scene #2
BONUS CHAPTER-Deleted scene #3
BONUS CHAPTER-Deleted scene #4

NINE

30.9K 2K 192
By DELynch43

Jack was dead. No matter how many times Virginia said it, the pain didn't dull. She ached with the loss of her partner, her best friend. Every day was a chore to start, filled with hours of tedious tasks, ending with the blessed but often elusive relief of a few hours of sleep.

The funeral, as much as she could remember, had been well attended. The Southeast community had come out in full force, lining the streets as the procession left the church to make its way to the gravesite. They'd all been there, the elderly lady who had been harassed and pushed to the ground, the store owner whose windows had been shattered during a robbery, the young man who dared to dream beyond the limitations of his current circumstances, and so many others. The people he had gone beyond the line of duty to help. The Jack stories. They were too numerous to count.

She'd shed a tear for each person standing there, but it was the memory of the children's faces that still tore at her heart and had her crying in waves. They were the ones who needed a hero the most.

At some point, pills had been shoved into her hand to get her through the rest of it. Weeks later, even though the medication had long since left her system, a fog surrounded her as she went through the motions of her day, wondering how life could be so cruel.

Idle gossip had started circulating about Jack's mysterious, off-duty job. Rumors that he had been working for the Chilvatis spread. There was even speculation that he'd been the one to warn them of the raid at The Gondola back in the summer.

She berated herself for not being more assertive and asking him where he was going those nights so that she could prove the rumors wrong, force those people to eat their own words. It became her obsession to clear his name. And as the days passed, one thing became clear, pushing some of the fog away, giving her a purpose. She needed to go straight to the source.

And that meant a visit to Spinelli.

END OF CHAPTER NINE

Dedicated to @ShelleyBurbank , author of Finding Penny, for all her helpful suggestions about writing on Wattpad. Part of the fun of being here is the support you receive from other writers!

Please consider voting, and if you have a question, don't forget to leave a little note. I love the comments.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

835K 39.6K 26
1950s. ***Story contains mature scenes and Hindi phrases which are not translated in english*** Abhigyan Singh, a Sarpanch of the village named 'Tara...
1M 66.8K 33
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
1.5M 104K 198
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. 🔥** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...
625K 31.5K 32
1ST BOOK OF BRIDE SERIES✨✨ Don't do this, leave my parents, don't ruin my life, I will die. She was begging infront of him joining her both hands. Th...