Stories/imagines || Demi Lova...

By smolwolfchild

Demi Lovato one-shots and Short Stories - Demi x Y/N and ships - New chapter(s) still coming! - Some imagines... More

Mad in love
Not so special day
That's just how I feel...
This is just the beginning
Jealous |M
Hotel room
You don't understand [Dennel]
Teacher |M
Beautiful rainy day
No more running
'Cause I love you
New York |M
Doctor's

A walk down memory lane

4.7K 113 10
By smolwolfchild

"Where are we going exactly?" I ask as Demi hands me a cup of coffee while I sit up in our bed. It was exactly 3 in the morning and Demi woke me up to say that we were leaving. I laughed it off first thinking she was just kidding, but when she started shaking me again-repeating the same thing as before - I knew she wasn't joking around.
"It's a surprise." Demi stated as she began to pull at my arm. I chugged down as much coffee as I could before getting up from the bed and allowing Demi to pull me in the dark towards the bedroom door.
"I can't believe I'm letting you do this..." I groaned quietly. We lived in a one bedroom loft and I didn't wanna wake anyone else in the building up. These walls are paper thin...

"Can't this wait until morning?" I asked as Demi put one of her sweaters on me. It was spring time, but it was always cold at night. I couldn't believe I was allowing my girlfriend of almost 7 years to drag me out of our warm loft to take me god knows where!
"No." Demi stated. "I've had this planned for weeks! Please!" Demi continued and since my brain was so fuzzy, I just nodded and followed her out the front door.

I was so tired, I didn't even care about the fact that I was wearing some plaid pajama bottoms with one of Demi's shirts and also one of her sweaters. But it slowly clicked in my mind as we were walking down the stairs that I only had fuzzy socks on my feet.
I stopped walking to tell Demi, but before I could open my mouth, I was being picked up. Demi mumbled something about me needing to move faster cause the car wouldn't wait forever as I wrapped my legs around Demi's waist so she wouldn't drop me and my arms had a tight grip around her neck. My hair was tied up so I knew she could see where she was going from over my shoulder.

We soon made it outside and I could hear a car door opening. Demi let me go in first before sliding in next to me. I thought that maybe now I could know where we were going but instead of telling the driver an address, she just gave him a nod and he started driving. I laid my head on Demi's shoulder and could feel my eyes begin to close, but they snapped back open as Demi began to talk.
"Do you remember the first time we met?" She asked and I looked at her from my place on her shoulder, giggling as I nodded.

FLASHBACK:
My eyes slowly creep towards the 16 year old standing next to me in this not so big elevator before quickly looking back down on the floor. She's cute, that's a given but I know for a fact she wouldn't want me... I mean, I'm nothing special.

I run my fingers through my hair that I had decided to wear out instead of having it in a messy ponytail. I press my lips into a thin line as I notice her leg has not stopped shaking, her 'raccoon' eye makeup making her look like she's slightly unstable and her brown thinned out hair was a mess.

All in all, she looked hot as all hell. Yet when she first stepped into the elevator, I couldn't seem to ask her anything. She'd leaned over towards me and like the idiot I am, I assumed she was backing me up against the wall only to see her pressing the button with a number 6 on it.

The elevator shuddered as it began to shake slightly, throwing me off guard completely. We began to stumble as the elevator continued to shake and groan before finally giving out one last shudder that made us bump into each other.
It stopped and the lights went off causing me to squeak.. I hate the dark! Soon, emergency lights came on. A dark shade of red lighting up the small elevator. I looked up at her before realizing that my arms were wrapped tightly around her waist.
"S-Sorry..." I muttered, my face heating up as I let go of her. My heart was pounding in my chest.
"This is why I hate elevators..." She grumbled out in anger as she stumped over towards the emergency call button, pressing it hard.
"Hello. Please state your emergency." A woman's calm voice stated and for a moment I wondered if that was a computer or a real person.
"The elevator stopped." The girls voice spoke as if this should've been obvious to the woman.
"I apologize for that ma'am. A few men came in this morning to work on the electricity in the building, they had to troubleshoot all of the electricity." The woman stated and I couldn't help but go into a slight panic.
I mean, here I was, stuck in this elevator now with a girl who I think is totally hot and I have no idea what to say or do.
"And how long will we be stuck in here then?" The girl asked and there was a pause on the other side, like hesitation.
"At the least, half an hour..." The woman trialed off.
"But?" The girl pushed.
"But it might end up being an hour and a half." The lady stated. "Is there anyone with you?" The lady asked and the girl looked back at me before sighing and saying yes.
"Well then make yourselves comfy!" And with that the line went dead.
"I hate my life." The girl growled out before walking and plopping down in the corner of the elevator.
"Well... We're in here for awhile... Might as well get to know each other." I stated and watched as the girl looked up at me before sighing and patting the space right next to her so I could sit. I sat next to her with my legs crisscrossed.
"I'm Demi." The girl muttered after a moment of silence.
"Demi." I stated, trying to get a feel of her name. She looked at me with humor in her eyes.
"You too? Huh. Small world I guess.." She stated with a shrug causing me to giggle before shaking my head.
"No actually... Uhh... M-My name's Y/N." I stuttered out.
"Nice to meet you Y/N." Demi stated before holding her hand out for me to shake. I shook her hand and blushed when - even after we were done shaking - she didn't let go of my hand.
"Do you have a girlfriend, Y/N?" Demi asked with a slightly sly smirk playing on her lips and I held back a giggle to shake my head.
"Why do you wanna know, Demi?" I teased and watched as she bit down on her bottom lip.
"Just making conversation..."
END OF FLASHBACK:

"You seriously had some big balls." I muttered, laughing at the end of my statement.
Demi laughed while shaking her head. "But if I remember correctly, you continued the flirting." She accused lightly causing me to blush.
"I can't believe I met you when we were just 16." Demi whispered after a moment. "Everything I went through... Everything you went through-" I cut her off.
"We went through it together." I stated. "I never left your side... You know that." I mumbled and Demi nodded.
"Even when I begged you..." She whispered, and it seemed to bring on a new memory.

FLASHBACK:
Snow fell down from the grey sky landing on the window sill. Demi just watched, biting her nails as I watched her.
"You could be anywhere today." Demi finally whispered, cutting me off from my rant about how packed the stores are this time around.
I didn't know her voice anymore... The girl I was looking at wasn't my girlfriend...
This girl had dry, busted - almost bleeding lips, a dead look in her eyes, pale skin, a thinned out face, and hair that was falling out in different places.
This girl was not the same girl that I had seen on that elevator 2 years ago. No... This girl was a zombie. A heartless, brainless zombie who never wanted to see anyone.
"So anyway-" I had tried to ignore Demi's statement by continuing with my ranting only to be cut off by Demi again.
"They say I'm crazy." She stated, looking back out the window with narrow eyes. "I guess they're right." She mumbles lowly and I put my hand - or try to - on Demi's slender shoulder.
"You're not." I mumble as Demi moves away from my touch. "And they never said anything about you being crazy.. Just bi-polar."
"Same thing." Demi spat lightly, her eyes staying on the window.

I sighed, my eyes watering a bit but I blinked the tears away. I had to stay strong.. For Demi. "I-I got you something." I state before reaching into my purse to pull out a gift. It was small but still meant a lot and I knew that Demi would love it.
Demi continues to look out the window, not even bothering to look at the gift in my hand.
"Go." She finally whispers. "Please leave me already..." Her voice cracks. She sounds so broken, helpless, hopeless.
She's just waiting for me to finally get it through my head that my girlfriend is this depressed waste of life, yet I stay and I know it angers Demi in a way.. Cause everyone has left Demi at least once in her life.. But not me...

I open the wrapping for Demi before showing that it's a black necklace box. "Dr. Thomson said I could give this to you cause you're not a complete danger to yourself or others." I state as I open the box, hoping Demi will see the necklace that's inside, but her eyes stay drawn to the window.
I sigh. Visiting hours are almost over and I know that Demi's gonna keep this up and then leave to her room once I'm gone.
I get up and move behind Demi, putting the necklace on for her. I slowly lean down so I'm close to Demi's ear.
"I know you think that if you keep up this whole image, I'll get tired and stop coming to see you, but you forgot one thing Demetria Lovato... I love you with all my heart and I am not giving up on you anytime soon." I whisper into Demi's ear before planting a hard kiss on Demi's cheek, feeling the salt of her tears on my lips. I don't ask why she's crying, cause I already know why.
I walk off leaving Demi to replay my words and the way I said them. I hope Demi likes the necklace. It was a silver chain with a message on it that made me smile when I saw it.

THE NEXT DAY (FLASHBACK):
"Oh! Miss. Y/L/N!" Dr. Thomson called as he rushed over to me.
"She's with me." He said to the security guard who was in the middle of checking my purse.
"I think you should see this." He said before grabbing my arm. My heart dropped. What happened to Demi?

He pulled me all the way to the cafeteria before pointing at Demi. I opened my mouth to ask what was so important about Demi eating a bagel before realizing... Demi's eating a bagel!
She was actually eating the second half of her bagel. She took a tiny bite of the tip before putting it down quickly. She took some deep breaths, then picked it up again, taking another small bite.
"Whatever you said or did yesterday seemed to really get through to her." Dr. Thomson stated with a grateful look towards me.
"L-Listen... I-I know it's not really allowed here... B-But do you maybe think I could..." I trailed off. motioning towards where Demi was sitting.
Dr. Thomson thought for a moment before nodding. "I'll allow it just this once. Only cause it's like a Christmas miracle that she's even finishing her food." He stated, mumbling the last part before walking off and down the hallway.

I walked over to where Demi sat. I sat down next to her, smiling brightly at her as I tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear while she continued to force herself to eat more.
Demi looked at me before putting down her bagel and leaning into my arms, resting her forehead on my shoulder. I wrapped my arms around my girlfriend's slander waist. Demi soon pulled away, tears welling up in her eyes.
"I-I don't want you to give up on me..." Demi whimpered out and I shook my head quickly.
"Wouldn't dream of it." I whispered before leaning over to peck Demi gently on the lips causing Demi to smile softly.
She looked down at the bagel still on her plate and sighed deeply before picking it up again.
END OF FLASHBACK

"Thank you for not giving up on me." Demi whispered and I looked up at her with a smile on my face.
"Wouldn't dream of it." I whispered, smiling brightly when Demi leaned down to peck my forehead.
"We're here Miss. Lovato." The driver stated and I took that as a chance to look out the window, seeing that we were at the airport.
We were on the roadway for the planes, and it was lit up already with lights, but that's not what made me gasp in shock. It was the big private jet parked in front of us.

The jet looked huge from where I sat, it's lights turned on inside and a few men walked over to our limo, opening the trunk before pulling out two suitcases.
"D-Demi?" I stuttered and heard her chuckle before humming in response. "Where exactly are you taking me?"
"Now that, my sweet, sweet girlfriend" She paused to open up her side door and get out before holding her hand out for me to grab with a sly smirk on her lips. "Is a surprise."
I slowly took her hand in mine, blushing when she leaned down to kiss my knuckles. She walked me over towards the jet, nodding her head at who I assumed was the pilot.
"Alright Miss. Lovato, all ready to take you to-" Demi cut him off with a grunt like noise and I silently groaned at the fact that she was making sure no one spoiled the surprise. I really hated surprises... But there was always something about Demi's surprises that made me feel a certain thrill about what it was.
The pilot led the way in and when we walked onto the plane, I gasped again. It was so big! There was chairs, tables and even a bed!
Demi sat down on one of the chairs and moved it a little to face the bed. She motioned for me to lay down and honestly? She didn't have to tell me twice!
I threw myself on the bed, getting under the covers instantly. I looked over towards Demi from where I laid. "Wanna lay too?" I asked and she shook her head, mumbling about how she really wasn't tired. I moved so I was facing the ceiling of the jet.
"This reminds me of our first sleepover..." I mumbled and could hear Demi laugh loudly at that.

FLASHBACK:
"What'd you mean you can't pick me up?" I heard Demi growl/whisper to the person on her phone. There was a pause then a groan and I saw Demi roll her eyes before hanging up on the person. She turned to look at me and I bit my bottom lip, looking down at the floor.
"How much did you hear?" Demi asked me as she made her way over to stand in front of me. I just shrugged, not really knowing what to say. I thought it was horrible that Selena - Demi's girlfriend - couldn't bother to come and get her from my house cause she had plans with some Taylor chick, but it wasn't my place to say.
"Listen..." Demi sighed. "I don't have a place to stay tonight... Maybe I could just..." She trials off, giving me an expecting look. It clicks after a moment or so.
"Oh! Y-Yeah sure..." I stumble over my words quickly. Demi's gonna sleepover my house...
"Is there any chance I can borrow some of your clothes?" Demi asks as she starts to take off her shirt. I hold in a squeak, rushing over to close my bedroom door so my mom doesn't see my best friend getting naked. I keep facing my bedroom door as I mumble a yes.
"Am I really that unattractive in my clothes?" Demi teases.
"What?" I ask in confusion.
"Well you know what they say... If someone looks gross in their clothes, there's no way you'd wanna see them out of them." She explains and I hesitate before shaking my head, answering her earlier question.
"Then why won't you look at me?" Demi asked and I look over my shoulder slowly to see her in just her bra and underwear. I quickly turn my head back towards the door before she can notice I'm looking at her.

"I mean, we're both girls here. I have what you have." She joked lightly and before I know it, I'm being turned around by Demi.
I try to keep my eyes on her face only. I should tell her... But then she'll never look at me the same way again. I couldn't tell her...
'Just play it cool' I think to myself as I watch her go through my top drawer for a shirt to wear. She finally finds one and slips it on but not before taking her bra off - to which I sucked in a sharp breath at.
She crawls into my bed and waits for me, looking at me with raised eyebrows. "What's the matter?" She asks with a slight chuckle breaking the end of her question off. I press my lips into a thin line before rubbing the back of my neck.
"I-I think I'll sleep on the couch tonight." I state and Demi sits up in my bed with a confused look on her face.
"Oh god Y/N! Are we in the 4th grade still?" She teases. "I don't have cooties if that's what you're worried about." She giggles at her own sarcasm and I manage a short chuckle that just comes out forced.
"I just... I'd just feel-" Demi cuts me off.
"You'd feel better not laying in bed with me?" She asks but it comes out more as a statement. I bite my bottom lip. Her eyes narrow before she gets up with a sigh.
"You lay here, I'll take the couch." She mumbles and I'm quick to try and talk her out of it but she just shakes her head at me.
"Seriously Y/N... It's fine." Demi reassures and I feel like the biggest jerk on the planet for putting her out like this. "If this is what makes you more comfy then I'm perfectly fine with it." She mutters with a shrug.
"It's not that!" I protest.
"Then why won't you lay with me?" Demi pushes. "Is it because I'm gay?" She accuses and I shake my head quickly.
"Then what?" Demi asks as she moves closer to me.
"Demi please just drop it." I beg.
"Not until you tell me!"
"Demi, no!"
"Tell me right now or-" I kiss her.
I couldn't help it. I grabbed her by her jaw and just smashed my lips against hers. It took awhile, but I was able to remember that this was my friend... And she had a girlfriend! I pulled away and looked at her with the same amount of shock she gave me.
"I-I'll just... I'm gonna just... See you at breakfast!" She rushed out real quick before opening my door and walking out to go lay on the couch, closing the door behind her. I groan and hit my head against the door.
Ugh! I'm such an idiot!
END OF FLASHBACK

"I was so stupid." I mutter lowly. I feel Demi crawl into bed next to me, her head going to my shoulder where she kissed my shoulder blade before resting her chin there to look at my face.
"You weren't stupid." Demi giggles. "Just 16." Demi continues, jokingly and I roll my eyes before looking at her.
"You're not funny." I state and she laughs.
"Can I tell you something?" I ask, my eyes staying on the roof of the jet as the pilot told us over the intercom that we were gonna fly now. Demi hummed for me to continue.
"I always admired how you just knew we would work out. Like there was never any hesitation about it. When I came to you the morning after, you just kissed me. Like it was so easy for you to just be with me." I state.
"It was second nature I guess." Demi mumbles and I just smile.

We lay in silence for a moment or so before I feel Demi's lips on my temple. "Get some rest baby girl, we've got 12 hours on this jet." She whispers against my skin. My eyes widen.
"12 hours?!?" I ask in shock. "Dem!" I gasp. "Where in all that is holy are you taking me?" I ask for about the fifth time tonight. Demi only laughs before mumbling a good night and closing her eyes. I roll my eyes but decide to drop it.

THE NEXT DAY - 3:47pm
The jet lands but I'm not told where. Me and Demi had spent the whole morning and half the afternoon just talking, kissing, cuddling and over all just acting so lovey-dovey with each other that I'm almost positive it would've made anyone feel sick.
When we land Demi goes into her purse for something before pulling out a bandana. I raise my eyebrows to question her until I see her smirk.
"Oh no!" I quickly state only to have Demi place her hands on her hips. "Do you not want your surprise?" She asks and I'm left debating if the surprise is even worth it. I groan when I realize that it has to be. Demi went through all this trouble, It's gotta be for a big reason. So I allow Demi to blindfold me.
Soon I'm being helped down the stairs by Demi, and as we walk I hear Demi yell out: "DON'T SPEAK!" I jump at the sudden noise but keep my arm around Demi's.
I can feel a pair of eyes on me and I wrap both arms around Demi's arm to make sure she knows how nervous I am.
"It's okay babe. We're gonna get into a car now, okay?" Demi asks and I nod. Demi helps me in and the car door shuts. I hold my breath but let it out when I hear the other side of the car open. I can smell Demi's perfume and smile lightly when she leans in to kiss the corner of my lips.
"You're doing so good baby. Just about half an hour then you can get your surprise." Demi explains and I feel the car begin to move. A throat clears and I feel Demi move away from me. There are hushed whispers before Demi is back at my side.
"Hungry baby?" She asks and I shrug. I was slightly hungry, but not starving.

There are a few more hushed whispers before Demi leans in close to my ear.
"We're gonna take a little rest stop babe but your blindfold stays on, alright?" She asks and I nod, a big part of me not wanting to spoil the surprise.
I feel the car move for a few more minutes before it stops. I don't hear very much, just low mumbles of two people. Soon a car door opens and shuts and for a moment I wonder if Demi left me.
"D?" I ask, smiling when I feel her hand on my knee. "Where are we?" I ask.
"Taking that stop I told you about." Demi says. "Just gotta get a few things before we head over to your surprise." She explains further.
I nod my head and play with my fingers as I wait for the car to start moving again. It feels like forever before I hear that car door open again.
"Finally." I mutter under my breath, receiving a soft nudge from Demi's elbow. I sink back into my seat, my head somehow still finding it's way to Demi's shoulder. Huh, I guess even when I'm blindfolded, I still find a way to be close to Demi.

I feel Demi pull my legs over hers before wrapping her arms around my shoulder while I cuddled my head in to her chest, listening to her heartbeat. I wrapped my arms around her waist so we could be closer - if that's even possible.
I lay like that with her for the whole ride. Every once and awhile, Demi would whisper something in my ear, or kiss my head and lips, or just give me a tight squeeze.

About an hour or so later, I could feel the car begin to drive on gravel. Demi whispered how we were coming up on the surprise now and I held my breath in anticipation.

The car soon stops and I hear a car door open. Not even a minute later is my car door opening. Demi grabs my hand that's placed on my lap, leading me out of the car and towards the surprise. She stands me somewhere before telling me to stay there. I hear her footsteps walk off a few feet from me.
I hear the two voices, their not whispering anymore. One voice belongs to Demi, while the other voice sounds deep and... Irish?

I stay still and hear a trunk close after two minutes of standing there. Two pairs of footsteps walk back to where I'm standing. One pair stops next to me, while the other continues walking.
I know the pair of feet that stopped next to me are Demi's cause she grabs my hand. I begin to tap my foot, feeling impatient. "Relax." Demi whispers in my ear sending shivers down my spine, I feel myself get thrown into a memory.

FLASHBACK:
Soft music plays as me and Demi dance slowly in the living room of our hotel room. I still can't believe I graduated today. Almost as much as I can't believe Demi decided that my graduation present from her should be a trip to Paris! I would've been fine with just some dinner at a burger joint, but that's Demi for ya...

I can feel Demi's hands begin to run up and down my back before I feel a cool breeze hit my now exposed skin, it takes me awhile to figure out that Demi has unzipped my dress. I feel my face heat up as she begins to slowly move my dress down, trying to gentle slide it off my body.
My grip on Demi's shoulders tighten. I know I'm ready for this, but I'm still terrified. What if I'm no good? What if she hates it? What if I hate it?
All of these 'what if's start flooding my mind until I feel Demi's lips leave a trail of kisses from my shoulder blade all the way up to my left ear. "Relax." She breaths out.
"Let's just go slow." She continues to whisper, making my knees buckle. "See where it takes us."
I nod, allowing her to take off my dress that was also apart of the gift from Demi. I smile at her because even after my dress pools around my feet, making me completely open for her to see, her eyes stay on my face.
That's when it clicks in my head: There's no way I'll ever regret this.
END OF FLASHBACK

"Okay." Demi finally says and I hear a car door shut before the it starts up again and drives off. "Keep your eyes close while I take off the blindfold." She orders and I nod.
I feel the blindfold leave my face but I keep my eyes shut like she told me. I feel her come up behind me, wrapping her arms around my waist before whispering in my ear.

"Happy anniversary baby girl... Open your eyes."
I open my eyes as I begin to speak. "Demi, our anniversary isn't until tomorr-...oh..." I gasp because standing in front of me is the cutest little cabin ever!
I spin in Demi's arms, not really knowing what to say. A simple thank you just won't do the trick for this one.
"Do you like it?" Demi asks and I scoff.
"Babe! I love it!" I squeal as I pull her into a hug. She laughed before pulling away from the hug a little to shrug.
"It was nothing. But 7 years is a big thing. Had to do something special." She explains and I'm left shock. Only my girlfriend would give me some big grand gift while I was only gonna cook her a fancy dinner.
"I love you so much..." I whisper. "Thank you."
"It's no big deal babe." Demi shrugs again and I roll my eyes. Of course she would look at this like it was nothing.

"I was just looking at all the places we've been and..." Demi trailed off to give me a sly smirk. "You've never been to Ireland, have you baby girl?" She asks in a teasing tone and I gasp.
She's known since we were 16 that my biggest dream was to travel the world. I've gone on tours with her, we've gotten to go places by ourselves, but I always told her about how we never went to Ireland.
I remember hearing about it from Niall Horan while at some award show. The way he described the peace and friendliness made me eager to go. I looked around, he was right, it's so quiet out here.
"Let's get inside babe." Demi says and I nod in agreement, allowing her to take my hand in hers and lead me inside the nice and-kind of cold-cabin. I went to sit on the couch as she put a few logs in the fireplace to warm up the place. I throw a smile her way as she tosses a match into the fireplace before closing the gate so the fire is contained.

She looks at me for a moment, and I blush at the fondness and love in her eyes directed towards me. "Hungry babe?" Demi asks and I shake my head.
"If anything I'm a little jetlagged.." I mumble and see Demi nod as if she understands completely.
"How about this," Demi begins as she makes her way over to me. "I draw us a nice hot bath, then we take a much needed nap in bed."
I hum at how good that sounds and allow Demi to lay me down softly on the couch. She tells me to relax here while she runs the water for us and I nod.
"Demi?" I call out to her.
"Yes babe?" She asks, spinning around quickly to see what I needed... This is why I'm so in love with her.
"I love you so much." I say softly and watch as she blushes before mumbling how she loves me too and then walking off towards the back of the cabin where I'm guessing the bathroom is.
It's so easy to tell Demi that I love her now... It's almost second nature to me!

FLASHBACK:
"I hate being single!" Demi groans as she throws herself back on my bed next to me. I jump from where I was laying. I was listening to music till I felt my bed dip at a surprise guest.

"How did you get into my house?" I asked in shock as I pull my headphones out of my ear. She just lays next to me, staring up at the ceiling like nothing.
"Your mom let me in, said you were home from school." Demi explains before turning her head to look at me. I blush at how close our faces are, quickly sitting up so we're still facing each other... Just not as close.
"Why can't we date again?" Demi asks me and I sigh while looking down at my bedding. Why are we having this conversation?
"You know why Dem." I mumble, not looking at Demi.

Demi and Selena haven't broken up yet, and until they do, me and Demi can never date. Demi wanted to text her but I told her that if she was gonna break up with someone for me, she at least needed to do it right! So now we were waiting for a day where Selena could come down to Dallas so her and Demi could talk face to face.
"It sucks!" Demi complains before looking at me with a pout while opening her arms, as if wanting me to lay with her.
"Demi." I warn. I told her no more kissing or just plain acting like a couple until she talks to Selena.
"What?" She asks in fake innocence before looking up at me with puppy dog eyes. "I just wanna cuddle..."
I giggle at how childish she's being, but agree when she starts motioning with her hands for me to hurry up and get in her arms. I feel flushed as I do as told, laying with my head on her chest, her arms wrapping tightly around me.
"I don't understand why we can't just say 'screw it' and start dating... I mean, we both know Selena's cheating on me with Taylor! Does it really matter?" She asks and I nod.
"Yes Dem. Cause you're not like her." I state, and it's true. Demi is not like Selena at all! Demi would never just go around cheating!
I smile when I feel Demi sniff my hair. "Are you smelling me?" I ask in a fit of giggles.
"Yeah, now hush. You're ruining my mood." Demi orders playfully and I just laugh.
"What did you even see in her?" I ask out of curiosity. Why would someone like Demi even wanna be with someone like Selena.
"I don't know.." Demi sighs truthfully.
"I guess because we met so young and started dating when we were just 11... B-But I just..." She sighs again.
"I never felt loved by her..." Demi whispers lowly but since my head is digging into her chest, I hear her just fine.
"I love you Dem." I say before I can even hear what's really coming out of my mouth. I'm shocked! This is the first time I've ever said that!
What if she doesn't say it back? What if she just thinks what we have is casual? What if-
"I love you too Y/N." She states simply, while kissing the top of my head.
END OF FLASHBACK

The bath looks amazing!
I get in after Demi so I can lay back on her. Our hands are entwined under the water while our free hands hold our champagne.
"Do you remember our first bath together?" Demi asked and I laughed as I remembered how awkward I was towards Demi.
"I still can't believe we had to shower with our bathing suites on." She continued as she put our glasses on the side so her free hand could rub up and down my arm, I relaxed into her more. Demi was my safe place. There was no simple way to put it... She made me feel loved and wanted and... And just... Safe.
"But now look at us." I state proudly and Demi hums.
"Yeah..." She agrees softly. "We've come far, huh?"
I just give a single nod before closing my eyes and letting out a peaceful sigh as I allow the hot water from the bath and Demi's soft singing to pull into a blissful sleep.

As I begin to drift away, it finally clicks in my brain what song she's singing lowly in my ear... It's 'Nightingale'... I smile tiredly at that.

I wake up in an empty bed with rose petals all over it. I'm naked and slightly cold. I look over at the clock hanging on the wall that reads 8:45pm. I can not believe Demi let me sleep for 5 hours!
It finally dawns on me that the thing that woke me up to begin with was my phone. It was an alarm. I grabbed it to take a look at what it said. The message read: "Get ready. Clothes in top drawer."
I get up confused after wrapping a sheet around me. What clothes are in the top drawer? I look towards the dresser on the other side of the room. I walk over and open up the first drawer. Sitting there waiting for me is a pair of underwear - to which I roll my eyes at - and a bra.
Also there is pretty pink dress that I think I saw from a Phillip Lim's spring line and a pair of Louboutin heels.
I swear I'm gonna kill Demi for buying me a whole new outfit!

I have a love/hate relationship with Demi spoiling me. I love when she does cause it makes me feel special, but then I hate it cause I feel guilty that she's spending all this money on me. I sigh before getting dressed, deciding against doing my makeup and hair when my phone goes off again.
I see the message, it says: "Do as I did and follow the light."
I roll my eyes. Only Demi can make a scavenger hunt into something deep... Ok, I love it! I walk out the door of the cabin and see candles on the stairs, leading all the way into the tress. I guess this is the path she's talking about. I blush at the thought of Demi doing all this for me.

I gasp at how pretty the path in front of me is, lined up nicely with candles to lead me through the dark.
My phone goes off after awhile of me walking. I can see a glow up ahead but I stop to check the message. It says: "I love you." And I smile bigger.
I walk to the clearing and tears well up in my eyes as I see the table and chairs set up nicely for a fancy dinner. God, this is something out of Tumblr...
I see Demi standing there too, looking as beautiful as ever in a very nice red dress. I don't think I have ever loved this girl more then I do right now.
I walk over to her and take note in how her breathing hitches lightly as she looks me up and down.
"Wow." I whisper and giggle as she walks over to me with a smirk on her face.
"Shouldn't I be saying that?" She asks in a joking manner but I can hear some seriousness in her tone. I blush.
"You don't look so bad yourself Lovato." I tease with a playful wink at the end of my statement.
Demi shook her head with a chuckle before motioning for me to follow her to the dinner table. She pulled out my chair for me which caused me to mumble something about her being a 'perfect lady'. After my seat was pushed in, she walked over to her side of the table to sit as well.
"Do you really like it, or is it too much?" Demi asked after a moment of us just looking at each other lovingly. It took me a minute to finally realize she was talking about the dinner. I smiled wide.
"I love it Dem." I stated honestly as I reached for her hand across the table. I gave it a gentle squeeze as my free hand picked up my fork to start eating, I was starving.

Me and Demi began to talk about random stuff as we ate, and I have to say, I will never get tired of Demi's cooking.
When Demi was homeschooled, her mom thought it'd be a smart idea to not only teacher her daughter the school things, but also the everyday life things.
Demi seasoned and cooked the stake perfectly and her mash potatoes were so creamy. I looked up from my plate to see Demi staring at me.
"What?" I asked, my face heating up.
"I... I... Uhh." Demi stuttered before reaching for something under the table. "I was gonna wait until after dinner to give this to you but..."
I watched as she bit her bottom lip, the candle light showing me that she had a small black box in her hand. I gasped. Was that... No. It couldn't be.

"Y/N... W-We've been through so much together and at first it scared me to think about... Cause I was always waiting for the day you'd actually wake up and see that I was no good for you. Y/N it was fate for me to get trapped in that elevator when I did. I was supposed to... It's weird to think about, but.." She trialed off for a moment to look at me.
"Everyday I wander what would've happened if I hadn't come in late for my doctors appointment. I would've been early, I would've taken the stairs-cause you know how much I hate elevators-" I laughed at that. "And we would've never met. Or I could've gotten a check up while out in L.A." She continued and I just nodded.
There were so many small things that came in to play that day. Like, I had a doctors appointment too. I hated the doctors so much, and my plan was just to take the elevator up so it looked like I was going, and then just take an elevator back down and leave to hang out with my friends.
"What I'm trying to say is..." Demi sighed as she got out of her seat and made her way in front of me, getting down on one knee.
I gasped as tears welled up in my eyes. I couldn't believe this was actually happening!
"7 Years is a long time." Demi whispered. "Thank you for never giving up on me." As she said that, she opened the box. I didn't even look at it, just began crying.
"Yes Demi. Yes!" I answered quickly.
"Yes what?" Demi asked in confusion and that's when I looked down towards the box.
It... It was just a necklace.
"Do you like it?" Demi asked. "It's a Celtic knot necklace. It means strength. When I saw it, I thought of you instantly, cause when I was at my weakest, you had strength for the both of us."
I felt embarrassed for just assuming it was a ring... But it was still sweet for Demi to get me something that held so much meaning. I thanked her and allowed her to put it on me, but deep down I just wanted to go and hide.
Would Demi never propose? It wouldn't surprise me if the answer was no...

FLASHBACK:
"Weddings are so stupid!" Demi groaned as she fixed the dress she was forced into wearing. I tried not to laugh at my girlfriend as she got a look at herself in the mirror, gagging over how pink the dress was.
(A/N: I know that Demi's parents got married when Demi was really young, but for this story, they're getting married when Demi's 17. It fits better with this imagine.)
"Don't say that." I say as I fix my hair while looking at myself in the mirror.
"You like this don't you?" Demi asked.
"Like what?" I asked, playing dumb.
"This whole wedding crap." Demi stated. "You love all of this." I rolled my eyes and just scoffed, but deep down, she was right. I loved weddings! Had since I was a little girl. I would even help my dolls get married!

I'm honored that Dianna actually allowed me to not only be at her wedding, but also be in her wedding! She said that since me and Demi have been together for a year already, it'd make no sense not having me as one of her braids maids.
I personally liked the dress that she had picked out for us to wear, but Demi kept complaining about how pink it was. It wasn't that pink in my opinion... But I still know how Demi can be.
"Well baby, if you don't like it then try and find a nice dress that you do like." Dianna stated as she walked out of the dressing room with her wedding dress on that I completely gushed over. I saw Demi walk off from the ledge that you could step on to see yourself in the mirrors and walk over to some of the black dresses.
"I said nice." Dianna said without even turning around, seeing her daughter through the mirror. Demi grumbled before walking to some other dresses. I turned to start a conversation with Dianna about the wedding and about how excited I was for it.
Soon I heard a: "What do you think?" I turned to see Demi wearing a dress that I instantly found amazing on her.
"Beautiful baby." Dianna complimented.
Demi looked over at me but I was too busy looking at the dress on her. She looked so mature with it on. Flashes of her in white danced across my head but I quickly shook them out. We've only been dating for a year... I can't be thinking like that. I look down at the floor before clearing my throat.
"You look nice Dem." I state as I look up at her, the satisfied smirk on her face is very much there.
END OF FLASHBACK

Demi didn't propose, cause Demi doesn't wanna get married...
And I guess I'm just gonna have to live with that...

LAST DAY: (FIVE DAYS LATER)
"You ready?" Demi called from the living room of the cabin. I was just finishing up with my hair when Demi walked into the bedroom. I fixed my dress as I looked into the full length mirror, sitting in the corner.
"Yeah." I stated before turning to look at Demi, smiling at the fact that she listened to me and put on my favorite outfit on her. Her body shape just made the outfit look better.
"Where are we going again?" I asked and Demi just smiled.
"I saw a beach while we were driving up here. Wanna take a walk on it for our last day here." She explained and I nodded. A nice walk on the beach sounded perfect.
"Do I need any shoes?" I asked, mostly to myself. I thought against it quickly seeing as we're going to a beach and no doubt it'll only be bad for me to wear heels while there.
We finally make our way out of the house and to the old yellow jeep that was parked next to the house in case we needed to go into town for something. I liked this jeep and I really wished we could take it with us when we left, but we couldn't. I asked.

Demi said that she's gonna buy this cabin so we can come back whenever. She said she was just renting it for the week to see what I thought of it.
I had been able to sort of forget about the incident at dinner, but it still bothered me...

We finally got to the beach and I've gotta say, it was really pretty. Me and Demi parked on a random cliff and made our way down a sandy path. We began to talk about silly things, like if there are really mermaids in the sea, or if this place is haunted. It was stupid, but hey, it was us.
I began laughing as Demi stated doing the Halloween song. As if Michael Myers was really coming for us.
"Oh no! Demi, save me!" I playfully screamed.
"Oh Y/N... How can I save you.. When I'm the killer!" I squealed as she tried to grab me, quickly running down the beach with her on my tail, and it wasn't long until I felt myself being grabbed. We both fell on the ground while dying of laughter.
"Remember our date night?" Demi asked and I giggled.
"Which one?" I asked.
"Where I gave you the necklace." I sighed and looked down at the piece of jewelry. "You looked so disappointed about it." Demi noted and I just shrugged.

"I love the necklace Dem.. You know that." I stated as I leaned over to give her a peck on the lips.
"What were you expecting to see in that box?" Demi asked against my lips after we pulled away. I shook my head. I really didn't wanna talk about this right now, or ever. If Demi never wanted to get married then that was something I could live without knowing.
I stayed quiet, which caused Demi to sigh and get up. She began to dip her index finger in the sand, writing something. I got up too so I could get a good look at what she was writing.
It was a 'W'.
"What are you doing?" I asked.
"Let's have a contest." Demi stated.
"What kind?" I asked, already getting up on my knees so I could start writing in the sand too.
"Okay." Demi said as she stopped her writing to look at me. "But your work needs to be away from mine." I nodded. "Here are the rules. You can only use 4 words, no more and no less."
"Using the 4 words, you need to write something. The first thing that comes to your mind. Best 4 words win." She explained further.
"Alright." I mumbled while getting up to go over to a different part of the beach but still close to Demi. Our backs were facing each other.
I began racking my brain with what to put down. I know Demi said to have it be the first thing that comes to mind, but the only thing on my mind is what to actually put down.

I finally decide and begin to write. It starts off looking okay, but I begin to worry about the letters towards the end. I write something sweet yet simple:
'I LOVE YOU DEM'
"You done?" I hear Demi call out to me and I nod. I get up and see her walk over to me. She looks at my work and smiles before wrapping her arms around my waist.
"Love you too babe." She whispers softly before kissing me. I kiss back and almost moan when she deepens it. I pull away, not wanting to have sex on a beach where anyone can just walk over and catch us.
"It's sweet." Demi states. "But I think I won this one." I scoff and walk over to her work.
She's always been cocky when it comes to contest-
I gasp at what it reads.
I turn around to ask Demi if she's serious and break down crying when I see her already on one knee with a ring in her hand this time.
"D-Demi..." I don't know what else to say at this moment, I'm just in shock.
"Y/N... That night... I was gonna propose, but I chickened out last minute... Gave you the necklace instead." Demi explained. "When I saw how disappointed you were though, I knew then that you would've said yes if I had asked. So I'm asking now... Y/N Y/L/N will you marry me?"
I sniffle as I try and wipe away tears, but new ones come down fast to replace the old ones. I nod. That seems to be all I can really do. I'm too choked up to actually speak. I keep nodding as I try and catch my breath but I find that hard to do when I feel Demi slid the ring up my left ring finger.
"I-I... L-Love you... So m-mu-much." I'm able to get out between tears and kisses.
"I love you too. I can't wait to start new memories with you baby." Demi whispers as her forehead rests against mine.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

612K 14.5K 200
Demi Lovato imagines here! Completed on August 26, 2017. Check out Demi Imagines 2.0 for more! Β© 2017 Erika Smith (jawdroppingluke) All Rights Reser...
566K 5.6K 56
{ These imagines are mostly from my instagram and I figured I'd put them on here. I hope you'll enjoy all of them! I'm still adding new ones till thi...
26.6K 696 26
This is the story of Demi and Alex.
667K 13.1K 199
Demi Lovato x Female Reader Imagines Please give credit if you put any of my chapters in your books. Do not steal or copy my work. I work very hard...