Hold Me Back || Prinxiety

By xxxtempestxxx

An insecure Virgil, a confused Roman, and a sickening misunderstanding leads Virgil to make a painful decisio... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Epilogue
Thank You!

Chapter 4

6.5K 310 86
By xxxtempestxxx

(Virgil's POV)

Song - Memories: Panic! At The Disco

I wake up hours later in pure silence. Still slightly jittery from yesterday's panic attack, instead of walking around my surroundings, I take to looking. At first, I shift into a mode of pure panic, unable to recognize the room I'm in. After a few seconds, my mind catches up. This is my room. The room that haunts me, yet the room I can't bring myself to leave. This is the very place that triggers my panic attacks again and again. So claustrophobic.

I need to leave. Now. It's about time I leave this place, I think to myself as I struggle to move my sleeping legs, it's been months at least. Maybe I'll try to redesign my room, give it a more open feel.

What happened yesterday. I remember sinking into that inevitable attack and, after that... Nothing. All I can remember are flashes of red and white, and the smell of cologne?

I realize that I've passed through my door and am standing in the hallway. I never even realized I'd moved my feet. I can feel the familiar touch of anxiety reach my mind, but I push it away. I can't let myself waste away in my room any longer.

Reaching the kitchen, I realize I haven't even seen anyone yet. The clock points to 12:00 am... Surely they're not asleep at this time? Oh well, I don't really want to deal with them right now anyway. Not when I'm still so fragile. I know if I see any one of them, I'd probably run back into my room. Lose the progress I've made.

The first step in leading a normal life is eating. I need to leave those days behind. The days of not eating. The days of the cutting. Reaching my hands slowly to the open bread on the table, I eye the room for toppings. I don't really want to begin rooting through the cupboard in case I draw attention to myself.

I can do this I think as I pull the bread to my mouth. I have a strange feeling that I'm being watched, making my anxiety slowly grow, but I ignore it. As I taste the foreign flavour and texture of the bread, inhale the fresh, wheaty scent, I take in my surroundings. The Common Room has changed quite a bit since I was last here. They're right, I really don't do anything around here. They do fine, if not better without me. I can see bits of Roman, Patton and even Logic in the room decor, but nothing of me. It's like I don't even live here.

The feeling of total isolation mixed with the strange sensations of eating real food for the first time in ages immediately makes me lose my appetite, and I hurl all the bread out onto the sink. Just as I resister what I've done, I hear the sound of voices near the entrance.

Deciding to clean it up later, I silently retreat back down the hall. I open the first door I see, desperate to escape the room. Sinking into the bed I close my eyes, thinking the same thought until I fall asleep.

'I'm not the bad guy, I'm not the bad guy...'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.6K 1.2K 23
Virgil and Roman's friendship had been complicated since the beginning, assumptions and prejudice having ruled over their relationship all the way in...
284K 10.7K 63
Virgil's in love with Roman. It's as simple as that. Except, it's not. Roman despises Virgil. He's constantly belittling him and making it clear tha...
131K 4.2K 17
(Completed) Virgil feels hated by everyone, especially Roman. But when Thomas starts taking anxiety pills and it slowly kills the suicidal Virgil, a...
510K 21.5K 43
Virgil had his own life, his own group of mismatched, odd friends. Roman had his clique and his power. The two were about to collide in one big mess...