Because You're Mine

By itsshewhowrites

Completed (11.12.17) --------------- It hurts, really, to not have a lasting happiness in your life. Somethi... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31 (Valentine's Day Special: Part 1)
Chapter 32 (Valentine's Day Special: part 2)
Chapter 33 (Valentine's Day Special: part 3)
Chapter 34 (Valentine's Day Special: part 4)
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Acknowledgements

Chapter 52

81 5 0
By itsshewhowrites

Austin's POV

"What the f*** do you mean by Violet?!" I growl as anger starts building up inside of me.

Jake huffs as he starts explaining to me that Violet has been in love with me for the past five months, and apparently has grown to hate Jasmine because we're dating. Violet became jealous of her because Violet believes that Jasmine 'took me away from the man who stole her heart".

Jake mentions that Violet knew the truth about Chris before any of us did, and Chris had proposed a deal to Violet. The deal was that Violet would have to help Chris mark Jasmine as his territory and snatch her away from me, and Chris would help Violet to make me hers. Violet took him on that offer.

Now I know why Violet was always showing up at my place and following me around like a lost puppy. Now I know why I have been getting her attention so much all of a sudden.

Ever since Chris returned to Toronto with Jasmine, he and Violet had been secretly communicating with each other for a good while, planning different ways to achieve what they wanted. After Jasmine found out about Chris's truth and after when we got back together, Chris and Violet were beyond mad. They then began planning to get Jasmine kidnapped and taking her far away from us as possible.

Jake eventually found out about all of this, so he attempted confronting Violet and Chris, but failed. Those two blackmailed Jake into helping them kidnap Jasmine, or else they tell Jessica about the truth of the Wild family. Jake didn't want to lose the love of his life, as he got her back after so many years, so without hesitation, he gave in.

After weeks of devising, they finally decided to give Jake the most difficult duty, which was kidnapping Jasmine on Violet's eighteenth birthday party. Jake dressed up in black and chose a certain time to arrive at the place with a couple of Chris's men just in case.

Cheryl was the first one to step outside, and Jake had to try as hard as possible to sound mysterious and got Jasmine to talk to him alone. That was when he made the move and took her inside the car, also killing one of my men. Jasmine fainted during the car ride; they took her to some hotel in downtown Toronto and the next day, Chris took Jasmine inside his private jet to Madrid.

I couldn't believe my ears. How can Violet be so ruthless and take my girl away from me just like that? I trusted her enough and loved her as a friend, and this is what I get in return? Jasmine would be so hurt if she found out she was betrayed by her best friend that she loved and treated like a sister.

I need to confront Violet. I can't completely believe every word Jake said just like that. There must have been some misunderstanding.

"I'm so sorry, man," Jake whispers loudly for me to hear. "I know how much you love her, but if you were in my place, then you would have done what I did because we both don't want to lose the girl we love."

I sigh and get up as he does the same. We face each other as I begin to speak, "I'm going to talk to Vi and get some answers. I want whatever happened today to stay in between us. Not a word to anybody about this, okay? And whenever Chris calls, just try to get the chance to talk to Jasmine. Tell her I love her and I'm doing whatever it takes to get my girl back. Report to me once you've talked with either one of them. And thanks for telling me everything. I'm sorry for how I reacted earlier."

"It's fine. Chris said that he has some news to tell me, but is waiting for something to be finalized before he tells me. Let's meet up sometime this week. I'll try to get you guys to talk." Jake smiles. I gave him a small smile in response before we do a quick hug.

I storm out of the house with Adam and Jay and drove off to Violet's house. I approach her street, and sooner her house. I notice her car was still parked in her driveway.

Perfect. I park my car in front of her house and the three of us walked up the porch steps and before I get the chance to knock on the door, Violet opens it and smiles widely, moving aside to let us in.

It was like she knew I was coming here because she wore an extremely short tight white dress with a very low neck which exposed a bare amount of her chest.

I notice the confused look on her face when she sees Adam and Jay walk in behind me, but she shakes it off as nothing. I observe around for any signs for her parents, hoping they weren't present in the house right now.

"Mom and dad are gone out with their friends," Violet exclaims as if she read my mind, tucking a strand of her dark brown hair behind her ear. She takes slow steps towards me as if in a movie before we were just inches away from each other as she engulfs me in a tight hug.

"Thank god you're here. There's been so much shit going on in my life, and our friends were too preoccupied with their own business that we barely see each other. You're the only one who cares, Austin."

I form my hands into fists, trying not to comfort Violet when I picture Jasmine in my head. Don't forget what she's responsible for Austin. I thought to myself.

God, how I wish Jasmine was here instead of Violet. Princess, when will I have you back in my arms?  I say in my head as if Jasmine and I could communicate with each other through our minds.

"Vi, I know where Jasmine is." I start off as I grab her arms and pull her off of me. I back away a few steps. I notice her eyes widen and pupils dilate. Her body language immediately becomes more straight and alert. She walks over to me slowly before stopping just a few feet away from me.

"How is that even- I mean, wow." She stutters. "Where is she? It's seriously so strange without her here. I miss having her over for sleepovers during Christmas breaks."

How I loved listening to lies when I knew the truth off from somebody else, instead of the culprit themselves.

"Like you don't know," I spoke, my voice set with determination and my eyes narrowing into slits as I crossed my arms over my chest. "Aren't you supposed to know where my girl is?"

Violet gulped and starts making eye contact with anything else but me, trying to avoid what I just stated. I notice the glint of jealousy and anger in her eyes when I mentioned "My girl".

What can I say? I solely love Jasmine, and I believe everybody should know that she's mine, and nobody dares to take her away from me to make me theirs, or to make her theirs.

I promised her that I won't let anyone tear us apart, no matter what.

"What do you mean? What do you know that I don't?" Violet asks after a short moment.

I clench my fists as my knuckles begin to turn white and my fingers nails dig into my palms to prevent myself from lashing out at her. "Jake kidnapped Jasmine and took her to a hotel room booked by Chris on the night of your party. They headed off to Spain the following morning."

Shock hastened up to her veins and to her face as her eyes widen in horror. She opens her mouth to say something, but couldn't find the correct choice of words, but finally spoke, "How-how did you find out about this?"

I give a low, humorless chuckle, "Looks like someone finally remembers."

She shoots me one of her death glares, creating no effect as she emphasizes, "How, Austin?"

I roll my eyes. She didn't need to know the details if she knows that I am the number one gang leader in our city, soon enough the country.

"I have my ways of keeping a low profile and finding out plenty of things," I exclaim, my eyes giving away no emotion.

I was most definitely not going to expose Jake telling me the truth because she won't spare him. "Tell me the truth, Violet. Are you involved in my girlfriends' kidnapping?"

Her jaw stiffened as she clenched her fists together, the thought of me calling Jasmine my girlfriend burned her from the inside from the flames of jealousy and anger spreading through her body.

"Dude, you might want to take this the hard way," Jay suggests.

I roll my eyes, "We don't hit girls, Jay."

"Idiot." Adam mumbles.

"What the f***?! How dare you accuse me of doing such a thing? Jazz is my best f***ing friend, for Christ sake!" Violet raises her voice at me. "You don't have the right to accuse me of something I'm not responsible for. Don't you f***ing try to-"

I cut her off by pinning her against the wall, my eyes practically burning into her soul. She looked frightened at first before I saw a glint of happiness in her eyes.

She better not get the wrong impression...

"Then prove it." I breathe, our faces were inches apart from each other. "Look me in the eyes and tell me you don't love me. Tell me that you don't hate Jasmine and that you don't have a major role in her being kidnapped."

"You're wrong, Summerstone," Violet exclaims. "All of those things are true. I do love you. I despise that pathetic excuse of a girlfriend of yours with all my heart. And yes, I have a major role in her being kidnapped. I-I love you more than anybody in this world ever has."

Violet then leans in as I feel her chocolatey breath on my lips before they lightly touched. I immediately pull away and walk back a few steps, looking at her with disgust.

"Back it up, Vi. You seriously don't want to know what I'm capable of if I forget you're a girl who once was my friend." I growl at her.

"Why? Why Jasmine? Why do you love her so f***ing much?" Violet asks is disbelief and anger.

Why do I love Jasmine so much? I guess I've never really answered that question, but now that I think about it, think about her, everything makes sense.

"I love her because I do," I answer slowly and honestly. "She makes me feel like I'm worth something. I love her because she taught me how to love. I love her because my heart beats her name, my eyes always being drawn to hers, and my soul feeling hers, despite our distance. I didn't ask to love her. Loving someone is an undesired choice that you get the hang of shortly after you've fallen for them. Love doesn't just come when you want it to. Love is something you can't decipher. Love is simply just a passionate feeling towards a beautiful person both inside and outside. I love Jasmine because she is loyal, kind, sweet, adorable, confident, bold, creative, intelligent, and most importantly, she's herself, which makes her imperfectly perfect. Nobody is perfect in this world, Vi. It takes somebody like her to realize that you're not the only beautiful disaster alive. Once you have them in your life, everything changes. A certain glimmer in your life appears that lasts until you're with them. They start holding the most important place in your heart, then they steal it. You're lucky if they steal your heart and promise you to never give it back. You feel like you want to give them the entire world and protect them with everything you've got. You'd wish to take their misery away and replace it with tons of happiness and love in just a heartbeat if you had the chance to. You're never prepared for this, but it doesn't matter. You only want to see the most precious smile on their face that fills your heart with so much joy. You realize that you were looking for them throughout your life, and once they entire in your life, it's impossible to imagine living without them by your side. She became the love of my life in just a matter of time. I seriously would take a bullet for her anyway, because she's worth it. She can be a handful at times, but I was told that I seriously love her if I can tolerate and put up with her crazy self, which is impossible not to love. I can't wait to see my princess again. The wait is killing me, but I know it'll be worth waiting." I exclaim, talking more to nobody in particular than Violet.

"I guess I can never be her." Violet sadly says.

"I'm sorry, Vi. It was always her. Since the beginning till the end, it's only her. I can't imagine being with anyone else other than Jasmine. She's my f***ing world. I can't love you like I love her, Vi. I'm sure you don't love me. You're believing what you think is true. You never loved me." I try to reason with her.

"No, you're getting it all wrong, Austin. I love you for you. I never left your side for another man like she did. She put you through so much shit, and here you are saying such things about her; it breaks my heart that I'm not who you're talking about, Austin. You don't know how it feels like to love somebody who doesn't love you back. You'll never know. It hurts so much, that you just feel like burying yourself in a deep hole, never once escaping." Violet sobs at the end, a couple of tears cascading down her cheeks.

Guilt and pity rush through my veins as I take a few steps to comfort her because, despite everything, she has been there for me through a few rough moments. But, whenever I think of the things she put my girl through, I can't help but forget everything between Violet and me.

"How do I know you're not just saying this to get me to change my mind? If you truly love me, you'll let me be happy with her. I'm sorry if I can't be yours, Violet. I'm hoping you realize the damage you've caused because I don't think I can forgive you that easily for putting Jasmine through this." I sigh before the three of us walk out of her house and back to my car.

-----------------------------------------

Long chapter I know. It was worth reading, right? Yes, it was.

Liked this chapter? If yes, then I consider you clicking that star button! If no, no problem. But, if you like, you can continue reading and watch how the story changes, and maybe, just maybe you'll reconsider not voting;)

Thanks for reading! Point out any mistakes and feel free to comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.7K 1K 38
All Ryder's life, he loved two girls with all his heart, mind, and soul. He cared about them so much that he would give the shirt off his back, if th...
1.7K 40 21
You know the moment when you fall in love with a special someone. You expect high expectations and expect nothing to ever go wrong. We'll that's the...
2M 53.6K 53
[COMPLETED] Autumn Cross is now in 12th grade at her new school, Willington High, with only one goal in mind: passing the 12th grade and going to a g...
1.1M 31.1K 59
TAKEN SERIES: BOOK TWO TW: mature themes and strong language, violence, sexual assault, self harm, manipulation, death, grief, etc. NOT FOR THE FAIN...