CUT

By xXXxCrAzYcHiCkxXXx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ She paints a lovely picture, but this story has a twist; Her paintbrush is a r... More

CUT
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Epilogue
Authors Note
Bonus Chapter
Authors Note

Chapter 3

18.9K 479 69
By xXXxCrAzYcHiCkxXXx

I was awake and it was Saturday morning and according to Lana I have to spend the day 'out' having 'fun'.

Lana had told me that I had to leave at 10 am and be home no earlier or later than 10 pm. I look at the clock.

9:45 am.

15 more minutes.

I really don't want to do this. But Lana is going through a tough time so I should at least correspond with her wishes. Besides, she thinks i'll be happy doing this and that makes her happy.

I went through my checklist of stuff i'm bringing with me today.

-Razor blades 

-Sterilizing wipes 

-Band-aids 

-Money $50 

-Jacket 

-Book 

All I have planned to do today is find a quiet place in town close to home, but not too close so I don't bump into Lana. I have a really thick book and it should be able to hold me for fourteen hours. I glanced at the clock.

9:55 a.m.

"Sabrina?" I hear Lana call from downstairs. "You have to leave now." 

I grab my backpack full of all my things and run downstairs. 

"Hey," Lana says. "What are you planning on doing today?"

"Um, I might see a movie with some friends." I lie. "And then we might hang out all day."

"Okay, have fun!" Lana says as I walk out the door. 

I walk out into the narrow streets of Philadelphia. It took me a while to get used to these streets after moving from Florida to here, it was a big change. In Florida the streets are open and have a nice amount of space. Here though the streets are narrow and barely fit the cars that ride on them. Plus, the streets are really close to the buildings; I have no idea how people don't get accidents easily.

The pedestrians even walk in the middle of the streets! No caution! Another thing is all the buildings are made of bricks and very narrow and tall; even the stores are located on the bottom part of those tall buildings. They all look the same to me I don't know how people navigate around here.

I was walking on the sidewalk very close to the building trying to get as much space from the street as possible. There was so many people briskly walking around to me. While i'm walking I think about how all these people have a place to go, they all have destination.

Me, i'm just trying to fill in the time. Which is exactly why i'm just going to walk carelessly around for a while. Unlike the people around me I have no place to belong to, so I don't have to worry about it. 

I was just thinking and not really paying attention to where i'm going. That's when I hit something hard and fell to the ground. 

"Ouch!" I say rubbing my head and getting up slowly. Those around me are just going off with they're business stepping over me, trying not to get involved.

"Oh my gosh! Are you okay?" I hear a male voice say. 

When i'm up all the way I open my eyes to see that things are still a little fuzzy. As my eyes come to focus I see a boy. He was about my age with pale blond hair cut short and gray, sad eyes.

"I'm fine." I say brushing myself off. 

"I'm sorry I hit you I was just trying to walk and read at the same time." He says with a small smile, raising the dark book in his hand. "Are you injured?"

"No, i'm fine really." I say trying to find a way to escape from him.

"I'm Cole." He says bringing his hand out for me to shake.

"I'm Sabrina." I say. "I-"

"Hey I am really sorry for crashing into you like that." Cole says. "I should take you out for breakfast."

I hesitate, thinking over his offer. I didn't have breakfast this morning and I am really hungry. I might as well go with him and then we can part ways, never see each other again.

"Okay." I say with a smile.

***********************

"Hey I think i've seen you somewhere before." Cole says.

We're sitting in a booth inside a small cafe. I'm having eggs and toast and he's just sipping some orange juice.

"I don't think so." I say. "I just moved here like a few months ago."

"I've definitely have seen you somewhere before though." Cole says tapping his forehead. "Where is the question."

I take a sip of my apple juice hoping that he won't recognize me from... Wait no that's impossible, that happened back in Florida and even though I might be well known there thanks to newspapers and local news stations it's almost impossible for me to be recognized here; right?

"Well, I don't know." I say, moving around in my seat uncomfortably. "I don't think i've ever seen you before." I was looking down trying not give him direct eye contact. I wouldn't want to take any chances.

"Wait a second, I know!" He says in rememberance. I go to a position ready to dart out of there if needed. "You go to my school! Johnston High, right?" 

I let out an obvious breath that I didn't even know I was holding. I smile at him.

"Yeah, yeah I do." I say to him. 

"Cool, I knew it!" He says with a smile. His smile, it's like a smile that says: "I find the bright side of everything". I like his smile. "....and i've seen you in Honors Chemistry." 

I snap out of it. "Yeah." I say. 

"Sabrina." Cole says, smiling widely. "You heard nothing I just said."

"Yes I did!" I protest.

"No you were blanked out." Cole says laughing. "Tell me what I said then?"

"Er... Honors Chemistry, we have that class together." I say.

"Nope." Cole says smiling even more widely. "I said that when I was delivering stuff to teachers I saw you in this Honors Chemistry class."

"Oh.." I say. "Fine, I wasn't paying attention!"

"I was kidding! I do have that class with you!" Cole says. "That proves 100% that you weren't paying attention!"

I laugh at his cleverness. I laughed... I laughed? I haven't laughed in months. Cole made me laugh. "You're... smart." I tell Cole.

"I didn't get all honors classes by being dumb." He jokes. He pauses for a moment. "You wanna do something today?"

I think about it. I do need to do something to fill in time. I might as well hang out with Cole. That won't hurt, right? "Sure."

"Great!" He exclaims. "I know exactly what we can do."

**************************************

I take a medium sized rock and I throw it at the water. It splashes and then sinks down. I frown.

"You suck at this." Cole says with a smile. 

"I've never done it before." I say in my defense. 

"It's easy though." He says. "You just throw the rock and it bounces on the water."

"Oh yeah it's really easy just throw it and it bounces." I say sarcastically. "It's easier said than done."

Cole smiles. "Practice makes perfect." 

I take a rock and try throwing it again, but as always it just sinks down to the bottom. Were at a local park. Were skipping rocks, or in my case, attempting to. 

"So what were you doing today anyway." Cole asks. "Where were you headed when I bumped into you?"

"Um, nowhere actually." I say. "My sister made me go out of the house she thinks i'm too... antisocial." I realize I have no idea why i'm telling him this. 

"You don't seem antisocial to me." He says. 

"I don't know why but i'm acting different around you." I say. "I haven't had a conversation this long in months." 

"Why not?" He asks. 

"Something happened and I guess it changed me..." I say looking beyond.

"Oh." He says, and then pauses. "Anyway, i'm enjoying spending time with you." 

"I am too." I say. I grab a rock and I throw it across the lake. Plop! Plop! Plop! Plop! It skips four times. 

"Wow, you actually got it to skip." He says.

"I know." I say. 

Cole and I skipped rocks and talked for hours. A ice cream vendor passed by and we had ice cream and then we walked around the park talking some more. We didn't talk about ourselves, we talked about random things. We talked about how our Algebra teacher had bad breath for the last 2 weeks, about current events going on in our school, about the scenery in the park, and even about homework. 

We talked so much we went out to this small restaurant for lunch and we talked there. We went to an art museum and we talked about art. We talked about the colleges we want to go to, and our favorite teachers. We talked so much that I didn't notice that it was 9:30. I wouldn't even know if he hadn't pointed it out.

"I've got to go soon." I tell him. "I have to be home by ten."

"I gotta go too." He says. "It's getting late and my mom will worry about me." 

"I had a great time." I say with a smile.

"Me too." 

We went our separate ways. When I got home I couldn't help but feel like I didn't want to forget Cole. I wanted to see him again. 

"Did you have fun?" Lana asks. 

"Yeah," I say truthfully. "I did."

"Great, we left you dinner on the table." She says. 

It was only when I was in my room studying that I noticed that I didn't look at the clock once today. I never checked the time. I didn't even cut. I didn't cut. Cole. I have to see him again. He affected me. He made me laugh. And... he made me happy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh God. I know it's been like a year since I uploaded. But if you know me than you know that this story is not my type of stuff. It's just so... depressing. Anyway thank you to anyone who's reading this. I love you all thank you goodnight! 
                                                             CrAzY!! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.2M 545K 35
Down-on-her-luck Aubrey gets the job offer of a lifetime, with one catch: her ex-husband is her new boss. *** Aubrey...
BLUE BLOOD By ec

Teen Fiction

371K 14.2K 63
Anybody who is a somebody knows that the blue-blooded heirs of Queens Erlington Academy keep secrets. Never fall in love with a blue blood or you'll...
469K 42.8K 33
๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™– ๐™ ๐™–๐™ง ๐™™๐™–๐™ก๐™– , ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ƒ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž...... โ™ก ๐™๐™€๐™๐™„ ๐˜ฟ๐™€๐™€๐™’๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™„ โ™ก Shashwat Rajva...
190M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...