Control

By To_be_free_

(YN) Fenikkusu is a small, relatively weak girl. Despite her size, she makes up for it in speed and sheer wil... More

Please Stop
Broken Family
The Mask
Lord Kazekage
Childish Banter
Without You
A/N I got tagged
A New Beginning
Blue Bird
Bad Books and Mochi
The Boisterous Savior
Author's Note
Attempted Destruction
Forced Agreements
Downpour
Graduation
The Unusual Team
Bells and Shuriken Part 1
Bells and Shuriken Part 2
Bad Things
Troublesome
Important A/N
Vexation
The Rogue Ninja
Tea of Awkwardness
The Art of Chakra Control
Out Cold
A Lesson On Fate
Red Heads
Laughter
The Struggle
Chakra Strings
Heaven and Earth
The Danger of Mercy
I have returned
A Painful Realization
Snake Eyes
Another Challenge
A Half-Truth
Reckless
A Guilty Conscience
The Truth
Beneath the Clouds
A Bad Reaction
Monster

A Celebration

5.2K 155 195
By To_be_free_

A/N

(FS) means favorite smell
(FC) means favorite color
(SFC) means second favorite color

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So what jutsu did you have to preform for the graduation test?" Raion asked as the two of you walked side by side down the street.

"The clone jutsu." You replied absentmindedly.

"Isn't that the jutsu you use to have trouble with until you started training with that long haired boy?" Raion asked looking down at you.

You nodded with a slight grin on your face at the mention of one of your friends.

"Yea his name is Neji. And he didn't help me with that jutsu until after we had been training for a while." You explained.

"Ah well I would like to meet this Neji then so that I can thank him for helping my baby cousin." Raion said with a grin beginning to form upon his face.

"Hey I'm 12 years old now so you can't keep calling me your baby cousin." You huffed with a frown. You didn't like it when he called you that. It made you feel like a child.

"Nonsense. You'll always be my baby cousin no matter how old you get." Raion grinned while ruffling your hair with one hand as he reached his other hand into his pocket.

Your frown turned into a half smile as you rolled your eyes and pushed Raion's hand away.

"Whatever...old man." You taunted with a small smirk forming upon your face.

"I'm not old. I'm only 26." Raion frowned while pulling his hand out of his pocket to reveal his house key.

"Why are you getting your key out? We're not even close to our hou-" You began but stopped short as you looked up to see your house was only a few feet away.

"Oh...haha never mind." You awkwardly laughed.

Raion chuckled at this as the two of you walked to the front door of your house. Once reaching the door Raion unlocked it.

The two of you then stepped inside to be greeted with the smell of food and voices coming from the kitchen.

"Smells good." You commented while taking your shoes off.

"Yeah. My mother paid for some people to cook for the celebration she planned for you and Sakie graduating from the academy." Raion said as he took his shoes off and placed them to the side before walking towards the kitchen.

'I'm glad I passed then...' You thought in response as you put your shoes aside and began following Raion to the kitchen.

Once reaching the kitchen you saw your Aunt Fumiko talking to two people. Upon noticing you and Raion though their conversation ceased.

"Hey you two. I need you both to bring some off this food to the table before the rest of the guests get here." Aunt Fumiko said gesturing to two big plates full of food on the counter.

Nodding at this you walked over to the counter with Raion close behind. You both picked up a plate and brought them into the dining room.

In the middle of the dining room was the dining room table which was almost completely taken up by plates of food.

"Wow Aunt Fumiko really went all out." You awed placing the plate of food you had been carrying on the table.

"Yea she's been planning it for a while a now." Raion said placing the other plate of food on the table beside yours.

You nodded at what Raion said and opened your mouth to speak. However, you were interrupted by the sound of loud knocking on the front door.

"Raion! Can you get the door please?" Aunt Fumiko yelled from inside the kitchen.

"Yeah, I'll get in a second." Raion called back while giving you an apologetic smile before leaving to get the door.

You silently watched Raion leave before turning your attention back to the food on the table.

'Mhm it looks so good.' You thought practically drooling as you walked around the table.

One plate in particular caught your eye and you couldn't help but to fawn over it. It was a plate full of all kinds of sweets and in the middle of it there was some dango and mochi.

'I don't think anyone will notice if I take one.' You thought glancing around the room to see if anyone was near you. Not seeing anyone you reached your hand out to take a stick of dango.

"(YN)! Get out of the food! It's not time to eat yet!" Your Aunt Fumiko scolded suddenly walking into the dining room with three people you didn't recognize.

"S-sorry...but when are we going to eat?" You stuttered out as you looked at your Aunt.

"As soon as our other guests get here. But right now you are going to go with Miss Kano Himeko so that she can take your measurements for the new ninja clothing I'm having made for you." Aunt Fumiko said while gesturing to a women with long reddish brown hair and blue eyes.

You furrowed your brows in confusion at what your Aunt said.
'Since when does she want to pay for me to have new clothes, made by a personal tailor nonetheless.' You thought continuing to stare at your Aunt in confusion.

"Oh don't look so surprised. It's a gift for you graduating the academy, and besides, you need new clothes. Your others are looking a little outdated." Your Aunt Fumiko shrugged with a dismissive wave of her hand before she walked off with the other two guests.

You shook your head slightly before turning to look at the woman you now knew as Kano Himeko.

"Hello (YN). You can call me Miss Kano. If you will led me to your bedroom we can begin." Miss Kano said getting straight to the point.

"Oh uh okay. It's this way." You said as you began leading Miss Kano to your room. Once reaching your room Miss Kano began to take your measurements. After finishing with the measurements the red haired woman began to ask you questions.

"Alright knowing that you are a ninja I assume that you need clothing that is lite and will allow for easy movement when you are on missions, correct?" Miss Kano politely asked pulling out a notepad and pen from her purse.

You simply nodded in response silently watching as Miss Kano wrote some things down on the notepad.

"Okay. Do you prefer wearing pants, leggings, skirts or dresses?" Miss Kano then asked as she looked up from her notepad.

"I prefer leggings and pants but skirts are okay too as long as they are paired with leggings."

"Good, good. Do you want a long sleeve shirt or a short sleeve shirt?" Miss Kano then asked.

"Short sleeve." You replied as you moved to take a seat on your bed.

"Alright two more questions. What are your favorite colors? And do you want fishnet armor underneath your clothing?" Miss Kano asked as she continued to write things down on her note pad.

"My favorite colors are (FC) and (SFC), and yes I'd like a fishnet armor shirt." You said adjusting yourself so that you were setting crisscross on your bed.

"Alright. One moment." Miss Kano said as she quickly flipped the page in her notebook and began quickly moving her pencil across the paper. You assumed that she was either sketching clothing designs or writing more notes down.

After about ten minutes of Miss Kano working silently on her notepad she finally finished and looked up at you.

Which of these clothing designs I sketched do you prefer?" Miss Kano asked as she handed you the notepad. You gently took the notepad from her and looked at the page the it was currently on.

(I sketched the drawing above. I'm not very good at drawing outfits so bare with me)

Settling on the design that you liked the most you showed her and handed the notepad back to her.

"Ah thank you. I will get started on it right away. I'm assuming you don't want to wear the same clothes everyday so I'm going to go ahead and make you six pairs of the outfit you chose. The first one should be done within two days." Miss Kano said as she put the notebook back in her purse and left your room.

'Well that was nice of her to go ahead and make me extra outfits.' You thought with a little smile as you stared at the spot where Miss Kano was previously standing. Shrugging your shoulders you got up off of your bed and made your way out of your room.

'I hope the rest of the guest are here now.' You thought your stomach loudly grumbling as you walked down the stairs. Once down the stairs you made your way into the dining room.

In the dining room you noticed that your family along with several other people you didn't know were already in there and eating the food.

'Those jerks! They all started eating without me...' You thought with a deep frown forming on your face. Sighing at this you went over to the food table to see if there were any deserts left.

You looked over the plates several times but you were unable to find any sweets. Sighing dejectedly at this, you decided you would just suck it up and eat actual food.

Grabbing a plate you began to put rice on it along with a few vegetable dumplings. You then grabbed a pair of chopsticks and began looking for a place to set. As you looked through the people seated at a rather long table you noticed that Raion was motioning you over to him.

You walked over to him and he gestured for you to take a seat beside him. After you took a seat, Raion grinned before handing you two sticks of dango.

"I know how much you love sweets so I thought I would grab you some before they were all gone." Raion said with a small shrug.

"Thank you!" You chirped happily taking the dango from your cousin.

"Don't mention it." Raion shrugged going back to eating his food.

After Raion went back to his food you adjusted your mask so that you could eat with it still on. You then began to eat your dinner. Once finished eating you got up and brought your plate to the sink before coming back to the table. You sat at the table quitely and listened to everyone talk. Your aunt and uncle's guest occasionally asked you questions or congratulated you and Sakie on graduating. Over all the guest were fairly nice to you and you had a fun time. You were grateful when the celebration ended though because you were very tired.

Luckily you and Sakie weren't made to clean up the kitchen so you were able to go to bed soon after all the guests left. That night you slept fairly well and for once you slept in past 9:00.

It was odd considering you generally got up early even on weekends because you couldn't sleep but for some reason you were able to this weekend.

You were happy for this though because it allowed you to catch up on some much needed sleep. However, sleeping in till 2:00 p.m. everyday over the weekend came with a price. Your price ended up being waking up around 4:00 Monday morning due to no longer being tired.

After waking up you just laid in bed for hours unable to fall back to sleep. Growing tired of mindlessly laying around you threw the covers off yourself. You then got out of bed and sluggishly walked over to your dresser. Searching through your dresser you found your new pair of ninja clothes you had received from Miss Kano the day before.

After grabbing your clothes from the dresser you walked over to your nightstand and grabbed your mask off it. You then walked into your bathroom. Placing your clothes and a towel from underneath the sink on the counter you spun around and turned the shower on.

You then took off your dirty clothes before stepping into the shower. Grabbing your rose and white tea scented shampoo bottle you put some of it onto your hand. You then began lathering it through your hair.

Once done with that you rinsed your hair out before putting conditioner in it. After conditioning your hair you began to scrub your body with unscented body wash.

Once done washing off all the soap on your body and in your hair you got out of the shower and began to dry off. Now dry you put some (FS) deodorant on before getting dressed.

Pulling your still slightly damp hair out of your face you put your mask on before walking out of the bathroom.

Walking towards your bed you stopped beside it. Hanging on one of the bed boards was your satchel. You silently stared at it wondering if you should bring it with you today before deciding against it. You didn't really need it anymore because you had your ninja pouch now.

Stepping away from your bed your turned around and walked towards your bedroom door. Quietly opening the door you stepped into the hallway.

Silently you made your way down the hallway before walking down the stairs to the kitchen. Sakie and Raion were setting at the table eating their breakfast.

You spared them a glance before opening the fridge and grabbing a small container of rice. You then grabbed a bowl from the cabinet and put the rice in it.

Placing the now empty container in the sink you grabbed a pair of chopsticks from another cabinet. You then walked over to the table and sat down beside Raion.

He smiled at you before speaking to both you and Sakie.

"Today you're both assigned your squads, right?"

You nodded in response to Raion while Sakie verbally responded to him.

"Yea that's today. Hopefully I'm not put with any idiots." Sakie said while glancing at you as she said idiots.

You rolled your eyes at Sakie's behavior while Raion just gave Sakie a look.

Sakie ignored Raion's look and took a sip of her tea without sparing either of you a glance.

Raion sighed at this before standing up from the table with his now empty bowl.

"Well I got to get going now. I'm getting assigned another mission today." Raion spoke while walking over to the sink and placing his bowl inside it.

"Good luck and stay safe." You said to Raion as he walked towards the front door.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine." Raion said as he flashed you a reassuring smile while slipping his shoes on. He then waved goodbye to you and Sakie before walking out the front door.

You stared at the front door a few minutes before turning back to eat your food.

Once finished with your food you walked over to the sink and placed your bowl inside. You then walked to the front door and put your ninja shoes on.

Finished putting your shoes on you glanced at the clock on the wall. It read 6:00 a.m..

'Huh guess I'll just be really early today.' You thought opening the front door and stepping outside.

Closing the door behind you, you stepped out into the street. You began walking down the street while occasionally glancing up at the sky.

You smiled to yourself as you looked at the sky. It was painted a beautiful shade of pink and orange where the sun was rising.

"You're going to trip if you go around walking with your head to the sky." A bored male's voice spoke from your side.

Tilting your head to the side you found that the owner of the voice was Sasuke.

"Good morning to you too." You spoke with a bit of grin forming on your face.

Sasuke hummed in response while sparing you a quick glance before looking forward again.

'Typical.' You thought before turning your eyes back up to the sky.

You both walked like this in complete silence for nearly 10 minutes until the silence was broken by Sasuke.

"Who do you want on your squad?" Sasuke randomly asked from your side.

Surprised by the sudden question you turned your attention away from the sky and to your friend.

He was walking with his hands in his pockets and was staring straight ahead. Not receiving a response from you he turned his head to look at you with a raised eyebrow.

"Did I say something wrong?" Sasuke asked with a straight face.

"No! Not at all." You said while shaking your hands 'no'.

"I was just surprised by the sudden question is all... and I'm hoping I'm put with you or another one of my friends." You added with a smile.

Sasuke nodded before turning to look forward again.

"Who do you want on your squad?" You then asked out of curiosity after a few moments of silence.

"Doesn't matter, so long as they don't get in my way." Sasuke said after a moment of silence.

You glanced at Sasuke before looking at the ground.

"Would you deem me as someone that would get in your way if I was on your team?" You hesitantly asked while still looking at the ground.

After a long moment of silence Sasuke responded to you.

"No. You wouldn't get in my way." Sasuke said while looking at you slightly.

You lifted your head up and stared at Sasuke before looking forward with a small smile on your face.

Ahead of you was the academy.

After a few more minutes of walking you and Sasuke reached the doors of the academy. Opening the door to the academy you both stepped inside.

The two of you walked down the hallway in a comfortable silence to your classroom. Stepping into the classroom you saw a few other students talking to each other.

They glanced at you both before looking away and continuing their conversation.

"You should set with me today." Sasuke suggested as you both began making your way towards the desks.

"Alright." You nodded following Sasuke to one of the desks. After Sasuke took a seat you sat down beside him.

After setting down you attempted a conversation with Sasuke. Yes, you two were close friends but he was a quiet person plus he wasn't very talkative at the academy so it was always a challenge getting him to talk when there.

Surprisingly you were able to get Sasuke to talk but after awhile your conversation dissolved into silence. You didn't mind though, you were satisfied with getting him to talk as much as he had.

Luckily you didn't have to set in silence for long thought due more people coming into class. Among some of the people walking into class was Naruto.

"Naruto?!" You gasped in surprise upon seeing him in class. You were told that he failed the final test so you were shocked to see him here wearing a forehead protector around his head, which meant that he had passed.

"Why didn't you tell me that you passed?! I was all depressed because I thought you failed..." You said to Naruto who had made his way over to you.

"Hehe sorry (YN), I forgot to tell you. Anyways I did fail the test...but I proved myself to Iruka-sensei so he let me become a ninja!" Naruto said excitedly at the end of his sentence.

You laughed about how excited Naruto became before learning towards him.

"Tell me everything." You said referring to what Naruto did for Iruka-senses to let him become a ninja.

"Okay!" Naruto grinned happily as he sat down to the right of you sense Sasuke was setting on your left. Once seated Naruto began to tell you want happened.

"Wow! You'll have to show me your multi shadow clone jutsu sometime. I've never seen anyone do it before." You said once Naruto finished his story.

"Yea! I can show you. But I'm not allowed to teach it to you." Naruto said while scratching the back of his neck at the end of his sentence.

"That's okay. I just want to see what it looks like." You said already knowing that he wasn't allowed to teach anyone the jutsu due to the fact that it was a forbidden jutsu.

Naruto simply gave you a closed eyed smile in response to what you said.

You smiled before standing up suddenly feeling the urge to go the bathroom.

"I'll be right back. I'm going to bathroom." You said before quickly leaving the classroom.

Within a few minutes you reached the bathroom. Stepping into the bathroom you quickly made your way to one of the stalls. Once done taking care of your business you made you way back to class. Reaching the classroom you stepped inside before freezing at the scene before you.

Naruto was squatting on top of the desk you were previously at, nose nose with Sasuke. Not too far away from them was a group of girls glaring daggers at Naruto.

"Naruto! Hey stop glaring at Sasuke!" Sakura yelled from the group of girls.

You shake your head a bit now free of the frozen state of shock you were in due to Sakura's comment.

You really shouldn't be shocked at the situation considering Naruto and Sasuke glared at each other a lot but generally they weren't that close to each other while doing it.

As you watched the scene unfolding before you your eyes widened as you saw a guy bump into Naruto. This made Naruto fall forward causing said boy's lips to connect with Sasuke's.

You couldn't help the laugh that escaped your mouth as said boys jumped away from each other in disgust. Soon after Naruto and Sasuke jumped away from each other the group of girls began circling around Naruto.

'Poor Naruto.' You thought with wide eyes as the girls began attacking him.

You would help him but you really weren't that strong and you highly doubted that any of the girls would listen to you if you told them to stop. So instead you slowly made your way towards your spot beside Sasuke, feeling a little guilty for not helping Naruto.

Once seated you tried to ignore the group of girls attacking Naruto. It was impossible to ignore them though.

'That's it. I can't take it anymore.' You thought getting ready to stand up so you could help Naruto but you stopped as Iruka-sensei came into the room. Once entering the room the group of girls got off of Naruto and went to their seats.

Slowly Naruto got up as well and limped over to his spot beside you.

"You okay?" You asked after Naruto sat down.

"Yea. I'm good." Naruto said while laying his down onto the table.

You frowned a bit before turning your attention to Iruka-sensei who had already begun speaking.

"You have all faced difficult trials and hardships but that's nothing compared to what comes next. Now you are only genin, first level ninjas. All the genin will be put into three man squads. Every squad will be lead by a Jonin, an elite ninja." Iruka-sensei said while glancing around the classroom before speaking again.

"We want each squad to have a balance of strengths and abilities, so that's how we set the squads up." Iruka-sensei explained before bringing his clipboard up.

"I will now announce the squads."

A/N

Hey guys. I'm really sorry for the super late update. I really don't have much of an excuse for not updating except that I'm kind of irresponsible and have hard time being consistent with updates. I'm going to create a timetable for myself to see if that will help me to stay on track. Again I'm sorry for the extremely late update. I reread the chapter several times for any mistakes, hopefully I got all off them. If I didn't I apologize, I will fix them at some point. Anyways I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter, and as per usual have a good day!! 🙂

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.8K 401 11
She was parentless, penniless, and powerless, but that didn't stop her from becoming the greatest kunoichi the world had ever seen. (Y/n) (L/n) had n...
69.6K 1.6K 46
Shirazaki Y/N, childhood best friend of Uchiha Sasuke, has a complex and conflicted journey ahead. United by a strong bond since their early years, t...
473 13 10
Y/N, a Shinobi in Naruto, has an untold story of her life. She has experienced much, but more is yet to come. Meeting friends and loved ones, going t...
2.3K 59 17
Hello! I'm new to writing fanfics and this is my first one! I'm fairly busy with school but I'll try to update it twice a week!! But for some descrip...