He's a Jealous Wolf (BoyxBoy)

By beautiful_and_damned

{Completed} Break-ups are hard. They are even harder when you have a jealous ex who refuses to let you move o... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven {End}
Editing Update

Chapter Ten

43.2K 1.6K 734
By beautiful_and_damned

Ten days left. The number rolled around his brain, disturbing all other trains of thought by throwing them straight off their tracks. Ten days. Alex had ten days before the world as he knew it was over. He had spent the last few days coming to terms with the fact he had to leave. At first, he had been so determined to stay, to fight them, to find a way to break his ties to the pack for good, but to keep Carter away from Archer he had to make a deal. 

Alex had believed that his conversation and deal with Cole and Archer had gone as well as could be expected. Yet it was only a few days after their talk that he came to notice that the words 'stay away from Carter' may have been lost in translation.

His first clue was when his thoughts of ten days were interrupted by a loud bing in the middle of the class room. He had brought his gaze up to see Carter turning his phone on silent before continuing to text all through class, even though Roxy was sitting right next to him, no phone in sight.

His next clue was when he saw Cole and Roxy flirting up a storm in the middle of the hallway, their respective best friends nowhere to be seen.

The third and final straw as Alex was leaving school that Friday afternoon, ten days rolling around his head as he lifted his eyes to see Carter leaning against the wall of the building, one knee lifted as he pressed his foot back against the wall. Alex stepped out of the path of the hoard of people behind him who were trying to exit the school, and leant to the side where he could observe his ex-boyfriend. He looked relatively nonchalant, a relaxed expression over his face, until someone called his name and the boy lifted his head and smiled. Archer ran up to him, leaning against the wall as he spoke. The two were now standing close together, their poses outwardly casual, but Alex could see the flirty smile on Archer's lips and the way Carter's teeth gently closed around his bottom lip at the other boy spoke to him.

Alex focussed his hearing on the quiet words.

"I have to run, but text me tonight and we can organise that date."

Alex watched in jealousy as Carter nodded, his teeth letting go of the gentle hold they had on his plum bottom lip to allow him to smile sweetly.  

Someone ran into Alex, and his attentions left the two to focus on the dark haired girl who ran straight into him. The girl pulled back at the same time as Alex did and their gazes met.

"Sorry about that." Roxy apologised and Alex noted the hint of sarcasm in her tone.

Alex didn't say anything, he just nodded and observed as Roxy made her way past him and towards the two boys who were still leaning up against the wall. Roxy linked her arms with Carter and they said goodbye before walking towards the car park.

Archer on the other hand turned the other direction and walked, obliviously, past Alex and towards the other side of the building.

Alex followed him, a few steps behind, and he had assumed that his presence was unknown until Archer's voice rung out.

"Following me, little one?"

That caused Alex to falter in his steps.

Archer stopped walking, turning around to face Alex. Alex looked around before speaking, making sure that their surroundings were free of prying eyes and listening ears.

"I thought you were going to stay away from Carter. We had a deal."

That didn't seem to sit well with Archer, who rolled his eyes blatantly at the statement. "I don't make deals."

Alex huffed angrily, "Cole agreed, and that means you agreed too."

"That means shit and you know it." Archer took a threatening step towards Alex, who in turn, stood his ground.

"How about I tell Cole that you are going against what he said? He may not be an Alpha or anything, but I'm sure he won't be too pleased with you."

Archer laughed, "Is that your idea of a threat, brother?"

"I won't come with you," Alex threatened, knowing it was about all he had to use as leverage. His voice didn't waver, not even when Archer took another threatening step towards him.

"You don't have a choice, little one."

"But-"

"I'll change him."

The words shocked Alex, and his eyes widened. "What?"

Archer spoke slowly and the threat was clear, "Come with us, or I bite Carter. Quite simple really. I don't really care for these games. I am going to date Carter while we are here and if you don't interfere then I won't bite him. Understand?"

Alex shook his head. "You wouldn't, and Alpha wouldn't let you."

Archer leant forwards, an eyebrow raised, "You really want to risk it?"

Alex wasn't going to risk it.

Carter almost groaned as he opened the front door to his house, the sweet smell of freshly baked cookies filling his nose and making his stomach growl. Carter was once again thankful that his mother loved to bake, but he was pleasantly surprise when he actually reached the kitchen.

In place of his mother, stood his little sister and one of her friends, the two were smiling as they observed their creation.

"You baked without burning the house down, good job little sis," Carter teased his sister as he took a seat at the bench, leaning over the tray of goodies. The young girl next to his sister smiled cheekily at Carters words.

"Shut up and have a cookie." Lara rolled her eyes as she pushed the tray in Carters direction.

He didn't need to be told twice, grabbing one instantly and shoving it in his mouth.

"Carter," his mother entered the kitchen, placing a kiss on her sons head, "I didn't hear you come in. How was school?"

"Pretty good, how was work?"

"The usual. Oh, before I forget, could you drop the girls over to Roxy's house, they are having a sleepover there tonight with Roxy's sister."

Of course. On a Friday night his little sister had more of a social life than he had. A twelve year old had something to do on a Friday night, while Carter planned on eating ice-cream straight from the container. Carter nodded anyways. "Yeah sure."

"You are the best child I could have asked for." She patted his hair with a smile.

"Mom! I'm right here!" Lara called out with a huff from the other side of the kitchen.

"You can be my favourite when you clean your room." Their mother laughed as she left the room, walking up the stairs.

"I'll never be the favourite," Lara mumbled under her breath.

"When do you want to leave?" Carter asked the two girls.

"Soon, just let us clean up the kitchen first."

"Cleaning?" Carter leant towards her sceptically. "Who are you and what have you done with my sister?"

She rolled her eyes. "Oh shut up and eat another cookie."

"Here," Lara's friend handed him a cookie with a smile on her face. The girl was just a little taller than Lara, with hair that must have been dyed to be that blonde, and looked maybe a year or two older. She and Lara were basically wearing the same outfit in different colours. The friend leant in. "Do you have a girlfriend?"

Carter chocked on his cookie.

"I'm sorry...what?" he coughed out as he tried, unsuccessfully, to clear his throat.

Lara doubled over in laughter. "Lexie! Lexie! Stop." She croaked out between laughs. "My brother," Lara nodded towards the guy who was still choking on his cookie, "Is more into burritos than tacos, if you know what I mean?"

The blonde nodded understandably. "Oh, I get it, you're into Mexican chicks. All good."

That cause another fit of laughter out of Lara, and this time her brother had recovered enough to join in. The sound of Carter's phone broke the constant laughter, and he got up and left the room before answering.

"Hello?"

"Carter!" A high pitched voice squealed out his name excitedly.

"Roxy?"

"You will not believe what just happened." Carter could almost hear her smile through the phone.

"What?" Carter asked, slowly pacing the hallway as he spoke.

"Cole just asked me out! Tonight! We are going on a date in three hours! THREE HOURS CARTER!" His eyes widened and he had to pull the phone away from his ear to protect his hearing.

"That's awesome, Roxy!"

"Come over! Right now! Help me get ready!"

He was going to be going to her house anyway, he figured that he might as well stay for a while, it was his duty as best friend. "I'm dropping Lara and Lexie off soon, so I'll hang around for a bit."

"You are the best!"                                         

His friend hung up the phone with an excited squeal. He turned to go back into the kitchen, but stopped when he almost ran into the two girls, who were standing before him, bags packed to the brims on their arms and pillows in their hands.

"You ready?" Lara asked.

"Yep, let's go." He pulled the car keys from his pocket, flinging them around his finger a few times before following the girls to his car. When they reached the car, the two girls sat in the back, leaving Carter all alone in the front. "I feel like a cab driver," he muttered, backing out of the drive way.

"I like to think of you more like a chauffeur," Lara commented from the back seat.   

Carter groaned, continuing on the drive to Roxy's house.

The girls jumped from the car the moment that Carters car rolled to a stop in Roxy's driveway, stopping just before the garage door. They took so long getting their handfuls of bags and pillows together that by the time they reached the front door, Carter was right at their heels.

"While we are here, you two can help me pick which outfit to wear on my date tomorrow night!" Lara told her friend happily as she knocked on the door.

"Wait, your date is tomorrow night?" Carter asked, searching his mind to see if he had plans tomorrow night.

Who was he kidding? He didn't have plans.

"You can still take me right?" Lara asked, and Carter could tell that she was preparing the puppy dog eyes to use on him if he said anything but yes.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm taking you," He groaned out, not exactly looking forward to awkwardly hanging around while his sister went on her first date. He would probably spend the entire time texting Roxy and sending secretive death stares to the boy when Lara wasn't looking.

"Thank-you." 

The door opened, revealing a miniature version of Roxy. The girls hair was much shorter, but still the same dark shade as her sisters, and her pale skin and dark eyes were a giveaway to her family. It seemed like every relative of Roxy's had those same characteristics. The girl almost squealed as she threw the two girls into a group hug.

Carter pushed past the group of twelve year olds, continuing into the house, right down to the back bedroom, where he knew beyond doubt that his friend would be already fussing over what to wear. His suspicions were confirmed as he flung open the door to see Roxy, wet hair hung low on her back and a freshly washed face, holding up two dresses as she inspected them carefully. Carter wasn't sure how much help he was going to be in picking outfits, but he was sure that she would look stunning in anything she chose. She always had impeccable style. 

"Carter!" She exclaimed when she tore her gaze from the dresses long enough to notice him standing in her doorway. "You're here!"

"At your service." Carter nodded, striding into the room and plopping himself down on the end of her bed. He wiggled a little, getting comfortable. Carter had been through the task of getting ready with Roxy, and if past experience was any indicator, Carter was in for a lengthy process.

"Which dress do you like better?"

And so it began.

Two hours later and Roxy was in the bathroom, getting dressed. Carter got up from the bed, moving and stretching tired muscles. He felt his phone vibrate in his back pocket, so he pulled it out and sat back down on the bed.

----- > 7.05pm -- Archer: When are you free for that date? Saturday night?

----- > 7.06pm – Carter: Busy Saturday. How about Sunday?

----- > 7.07pm – Archer: That sounds perfect, know any places?

----- > 7.07pm – Carter: There's a diner on George Street, we could meet there at seven?

----- > 7.08pm -- Archer: Perfect! I am counting down the minutes.

 "Who are you texting?"

The voice came from beside him, it seems that Carter had been so engrossed by his phone that he missed the entry of Roxy, who was now standing beside him with her hands on her hips. Missing her big entrance seemed to irritate her, so Carter chose the safest road, flattery.

"You look beautiful!" It wasn't a lie by any means. Roxy really did look good. Her hair was curled in big ringlets that bounced with each minor movement and her red dress hugged her figure like she was made to wear it.

"Thank-you," she smiled, sitting down next to him. She smoothed out her dress instantly, but her curious eyes were still on her best friend. "Who is it that you are texting? It wouldn't be Archer, would it?"

Carter hid his smirk. "Maybe." 

"My plan to get you over Alex seems to be working then. Have you rubbed it in his face yet?"    

"Not yet," he laughed. "I'll be sure to let him see at school on Monday, well, that is if the date goes well."

"Date? Did you plan it yet?" she asked, pulling a lip-gloss from her bag and applying it generously to her plum lips as she spoke.

"Yeah, we are going to that dinner on George Street."

Roxy turned up her nose. "In the bad part of town?"

"Yeah, but they have the best food." He shrugged. "What's the risk of being stabbed when there's a good cheeseburger on the line?"

"Amen to that." She laughed, her face brightening.

The doorbell rung at that moment and Roxy's sister appeared at her doorway. "You're date is here!" she said happily.

"Thanks Sophie," she called out after her sister as she moved away from the doorway.

Carter turned to Roxy. "Have fun!"

"Believe me I will." She winked, her lips turned up into a bright smile.

Carter shook his finger at her. "Don't do anything that I wouldn't do."

Roxy laughed, shaking her head in fondness and slight exasperation. "Love you, thank-you so much for coming over."

"What are best friends for?" Carter shrugged.

She placed a kiss on his cheek, leaving a pink lipstick stain on the pale skin before practically running from the room in her hurry to get to Cole.

With that, Carter was left alone in his best friend's room. With nothing to do, he said goodbye to his sister and her friends and drove home.

The house was quiet and dark when he arrived, and as he turned on the lights he hoped to all hell that there were no serial killers awaiting in the darkness. Thankfully he managed to evade any serious harm as he moved through the house.

He found a note on the kitchen table. The words were scribbled messily on the back of a take-out menu in black ink.

Got called in for work, be home in a few hours.

Love Mom xx

Carter had never liked the feeling of being alone in the house, each minor echo or noise being enough to trigger a freak out where he would convince himself that a monster lay lurking under his bed or around the corner. He used to call Alex and they would watch comedies and he would fall asleep on his shoulder in front of the screen.

He didn't have that option anymore, so he just went straight to his room, throwing on some old pyjamas and getting in under the covers. He was exhausted from the long week, and the moment he lay under the warm blankets he felt like he could sleep for days. Maybe an early night was just what he needed.

When his phone buzzed it seemed like an extraordinary amount of effort to lean out from under the covers to reach the object that sat on the small table beside his bed, but he did it anyway.

----- > 8.02pm – Archer: Tell me about yourself.

----- > 8.02pm – Carter: What do you mean?

----- > 8.03pm – Archer: I want to get to know you, so tell me about yourself. For everything you tell me, I'll tell you something about me.

----- > 8.03pm – Carter: I like cats.

I like cats? Carter laughed out loud at his randomness. It was true though, he did like cats. His mother had bought him a cat for his birthday a few years ago, and him and Alex had spent hours and hours playing with the caramel coloured creature. The cat had died last year, and it was a hard time for Carter.

----- > 8.04pm – Archer: Cats?

----- > 8.04pm – Carter: I can practically hear the judgment through the message! I am a cat person, let me guess, you are more of a dog person?

----- > 8.05pm – Archer: Definitely.

----- > 8.05pm – Carter: Don't worry, I'll convert you to cats eventually.

----- > 8.06pm – Archer: Good luck with that. I think I might try to convert you to a dog person.

----- > 8.06pm – Carter: Don't even try!

----- > 8.07pm – Archer: You watch me!!

It was safe to say that Carter did not get an early night that night. He fell asleep just before three in the morning, a smile on his face, the hand clutching his phone going limp as his eyes shut slowly, sleep dragging him under.

What do you guys think of Carter and Archers newfound relationship? I would love to hear in the comments what you guys are thinking about Carter/Alex as well as Carter/Archer. Who do you think is best for Carter? (Don't be afraid to leave comments, I read and appreciate every single one.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 125K 32
{Completed} Every year the future Alpha's get together in cities all over the world. This isn't a party, this is training. For five weeks the future...
72.5K 1.7K 20
This story is about how a new kid who is a nerd ends up getting these 2 twin wolfs brothers to fall for him and these twins are the captain of the fo...
844K 21.9K 13
{Yaoi/Slash/BoyxBoy/MxM/LGBT} Being a werewolf was hard enough, especially with a sister, Camellia, who is abusive towards him. But when Ethan, a you...
36.1K 1K 33
ward (w•oar•d) transitive verb. to keep watch over : guard ﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏ Jackson Ward is next in line to take over as Alpha for his pack, the Sylvan Ash P...