I Can't Have You

By kdrama99

Notice of a name change! Thought that this one would fit the title better.Used to be called "Am I Crazy". Hu... More

Prologue
Chapter 1-Big News
Chapter 2-Telling Friends
Chapter 3-New City
Chapter 5-New Friend
Chapter 6-Old Friend vs. New
Chapter 7- Viral Hit
Chapter 8- Shock

Chapter 4-Reunion with the New Girl

22 0 0
By kdrama99

Hunter Adams POV:

The next day at school....

     I could've sworn I saw her. It was weird. I was at the pool of my condiminium with my friends. Well, semi-friends. And then this girl ran into the door and then she looked like her. Like Victoria, almost. But that couldn't be possible because she still lived in Atlanta, she couldn't possibly be here in Manila. Could she? 

      I had gotten to school early, like the good nerd I am. There were a few people there, but none of them wanted to talk to me. They all pretty much hated me. Why do you ask? 

      Because I'm smarter than they are. They're all Asian. Like hardcore Asians with no other mindset other than school. They are very competitive and were all at the top of the class, that is until I came. Then I started being at the top, when I didn't even try that hard. I guess school just comes naturally for me, so now I'm pretty much the outcast. So much fun. Plus I'm one in three Americans at this school. And when I say American, I mean like the only white person here. Sad I know. Everyone else is Asian. So that makes me the tallest kid in the school. I feel like a giant. Urgh. 

     I was grabbing my books for my first two classes, when someone tapped me on the shoulder. I looked down to where the tap had come from and there was a girl.  She was tiny, like a doll. She was really pretty. I stared at her for a moment. She looked really familiar for some reason. Then again, almost everyone here looks the same to me. Partially because I ignore them completely, so don't judge. 

     "Hi, I'm new here and you look like the only person that speaks English here, so could you give me directions to the main office please?" She asked. Okay, so its alright that I don't recognize her, she's new.  But why is she coming so late in the year? We only have two weeks left.  And why did she ask me. She's clearly Asian...

     "Oh, okay. Um...yea, sure follow me," I said, unsure of how to react. She looked really familiar, but I couldn't put a place. 

     "Thanks, this means a lot. I suck with directions," she replied, sort of embarrassed, her cheeks took on a pink tinge. I wonder why. 

     "May I ask you something?" I asked. 

     She nodded with her eyebrows raised, silently saying yes. 

     "Why are you coming to school here so late? I mean, its a little weird. Also, what year are you going to be in?" I asked, genuinely curious, I was semi-hoping she was going to be mine, but that was a ling shot. I was going to be a senior next year. And its extremely rare to get a new student in the IB in their senior year. 

     "Well I'm going to be a senior next year, which I know is weird to transfer school in the middle of an IB program. But I didn't really have a choice. My dad just got transfered here and he wouldn't leave me on the otherside of the planet. So, here I am," she replied calmly, but there was a look of mischeviousness in her eyes. What? What was this girl thinking? Is she crazy? 

      "Wow, you're my age then. Well, welcome. Be careful though, these people bite. They're very academic," I warned, if she ended up being as good as school as I was then, she was in for a problem. And for some unknown reason I felt like I couldn't let anything bad happen to this girl. The one I just met two minutes ago. 

      "Thanks, but I'm not that smart. And I hate school, especially these uniforms. What the hell is with these things? We didn't have uniforms back in my old school. And now I know why," she replied, pulling at her skirt and the collar of her shirt, she looked really cute making faces as she was failing at whatever she was trying to do. My uniform was pretty uncomfortable too, but I couldn't imagine what it was like to have to wear a skirt instead of pants. 

      "Don't worry. It starts off a little scratchy at first, but then you get used to later on though," I said, trying to sound convincing, but not really working. I hated the damn things too. 

      We made it in front of the office. That was when I realized I still hadn't learned her name.

      "Here we are. I'm Hunter by the way, Huntre Adams. What's you name?" I asked, while formally introducing myself. 

      "Thank you for the help. And I'm sure you'll learn my name later, but nice to meet you Hunter Adams," she said teasingly before going into the office, leaving me there gaping at her. Who was this girl? I stared at her for a while longer before deciding to go to my homeroom. 

      When I got in there I saw the one person I really didn't want to see. Danilo Reyes, also sometimes known as Danny. He hates me the most in the school. He was the person that was the smartest, then I came and now I am. Great. 

      I awkwardly sat down in my normal spot in the front row and began to read the assignment for my first class that we were supposed to read for today. I was too lazy to do it earlier. It's alright though, my first class was only English anyways, and we were just reviewing, not learning new material. Exams were in a few days and all my classes had review in them. Fun. 

     As the time passed more people began to arrive. None of them said anything to me, mostly just gave me dirty looks. My one friend that I did have wasn't in my homeroom, so I had to suffer alone. Her name's Mai, she's nice and really pretty. Why she would ever want to be my friend is a mytery to me, but I can't complain. Unfortunately she's not in many of my classes, but she's in a couple. The bell finally rang and everyone was in the class. Our homeroom teacher, Mr. Mercado, was in the middle of reading out the roll, when the door suddenly burst open.

     There she was the mystery girl, panting in the doorway looking slightly frantic. I think she got lost. She looked hilarious as she tried to calm down her breathing, and really cute. I probably should've stayed with her to figure out where her homeroom was. 

     "Ar-Are you Mr..." she paused as she read the name on her schedule," Mr. Merrrcadoo? Did I say that right?"

     "Yes, it's pronounced just as you spell it," Mr. Mercado said kindly, with a slight condescending edge to his vioce,"I take it you're our new student."

     "Um, yes. Sorry, I got lost," she smiled sheepishly, then turned her head to glare at me,"some boy was helping me, but then he just decided to ditch me." 

     I gulped. She could literally kill me with that look. And yet it also rang a bell for me. I've seen that look before somewhere. 

    "Well, okay then, you found it so all is okay. Class please give miss Victoria Anderson a warm welcome into the school. She may be arriving late in the year, but she is here to visit for the last couple of weeks to get a feel for the school before the next year. Would you like to say something about yourself to the class?" Mr. Mercado introduced the new students to the class and I practically fell out of my chair. My chin must have been touching the floor at the amount of shock I was feeling right about now. So it was her yesterday. When did shen get here? When did she get here? Why didn't she tell me? How in the hell did I not recognize her?

     "Uh, sure, why not...?" she muttered under her breath sarcastically, she hadn't changed that much, she's always hated speaking in public, but then she turned her attention to me and smirked. She knew this all along, that's why she was so mischevious earlier. "I'm Victoria Anderson, you can call me Tori for short. I'm half Korean, though I don't speak it, I just moved here from Atlanta, Georgia, you know in the United States. I live with my dad and my dog Nano, whose not small at all. I love sports, I play volleyball and basketball, so if any of you could point me in the right direction of the people I can talk to about that, that would be great. Thanks and nice to meet you all." 

    She hurriedly finished her sentence and came and sat next to me. Not that she really had a choice, no one wanted to sit next to me so it was the last seat left. 

    "Vic? Why didn't you tell me it was you?" I whispered to her.

    She didn't answer. Instead she just looked and my with one eyebrow raised and I knew I did it this time. She was pissed at me. Great. Then she turned her attention back to our teacher until the end of homeroom.  

      I tried to catch up to her, but damn her small and quickness, she's always been so fast.  

     "Vic, slow down! Can we talk?" I semi-screamed over the heads of people. 

     "Talk about what?" She turned around and was giving me that look, the one that could kill. 

     "I'm sorry I didn't recognize you, I haven't seen you in two years, and you look really different. I'm also sorry for leaving you at the office, I thought that you didn't need me anymore. I'm really, really sorry, please don't be mad at me," I begged, I hated it when she was this mad. It wasn't fun. Why hasn't she tried to hit me yet? That was normally her first reaction. 

      Her face was straight for about two seconds after my little moment of grovelling for her forgiveness when she burst out laughing. She was clutching her stomach and tears were starting to stream down her face. 

      "Why are you laughing? It's not funny!" I was starting to get a little ticked, I just apologized and practically begged for her to forgive me and she was lauging. Then it clicked. 

     "You planned this didn't you? Stop laughing and tell me the truth Vic!" I was annoyed now. I scowled at her.

      "May-maybe...I-I......d-did," she managed to choke out between giggles as she was calming down her laughter. She wiper her tears away before saying, "Sorry Hunt, but your face was priceless, and you know how much I love to mess with you. Oh, I can't believe you didn't recognize me. You jerk!" 

      "Ow!" There it was, the old Vic I used to know. She smacked my chest. She probably would've smacked my head if she could reach, I really had grown a lot since I last saw her and now towered over her. 

      "Oh, shut up and take it like a man. I didn't even hit you that hard. Baby!" she said. She then proceeded to stick her tongue out at me. 

      "Very mature Vic," I told her sarcastically. God I missed her. She's the first person I can act naturally around again. 

       "Thank you, I know I am. Hey, what class do you have next? I don't know where mine is, and you owe me for earlier," she said sternly.  

      "English Lit, you?"

      "Ahh, same!" she said, her face glowed. 

      "Great, let's get going then," I said as I started leading her to our class. 

      Suddenly arms were arms were around my waist, squeezing me to death. I forgot how strong she was. 

      "Vic, I-I.....can't....breath," I said. She really was cutting the circulation to my lungs. 

      "Sorry, can't help it. I missed you so much," she said and gave me a tighter squeez, if that were even possible, before letting go. 

      "I know, I've missed you too," I said as I put an arm around her shoulders casually. It was like we just picked up from where we left off. But this time I'm not madly in love with her. 

     Oh, yeah. Forgot to mention that. I had the biggest crush on Victoria before I left school, of course I couldn't tell her but still. I had even broken up with my girlfriend because of her. Yeah, that was fun. It took me forever to get over her. And now she's here. It was only just a crush though, right? I mean, I'm totally over her now. 

     Yet why does my heart keep racing every time she looks at me or talks to me? Ugh, I hate high school. 

     We were making our way down the halls to English class when I saw her, Mai. She was going in the opposite direction as us cause she has English B, like ESOL. When she spotted me she smiled, but then her eyes drifted down to Vic. Her face completely changed. She looked pissed and gave Vic the dirtiest look. Maybe I just saw it wrong. She didn't even know Vic, I'm sure she'll like her once she meets her. I hope. I've never seen Mai give someone a look like that before. Wow, I need to talk to her about that later. 

     Walking into class I noticed how many of the guys were giving me dirty looks. What in the? I know they've never liked me, but its never been this bad. Then I noticed where they were staring, more like ogling.  Did they like her? This is when I put on my smirk. 

     Ha! They like her! Well they can't have her! She's mine. I wil not let them have her! I just got her back, I can't loose her again. 

     My new goal: Make sure nothing happens with relationship with Victoria.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Okay, there's chapter 4, sorry its not very good. But at least you finally got Hunter's POV.  By the way, there's a picture of him to the side. Isn't he a hottie?

Anyway, thanks for reading. Hoped you enjoyed it! Don't forget to comment! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 428 75
Auden's life has been anything but easy. With a mother who acts more like a friend, and an absentee father, Auden's no stranger to poverty and neglec...
720 30 15
"When you wake up tomorrow, will you change your mind and draw the line? Or will you still be mine?" When the life Genevieve has built comes crashing...
83K 3K 37
So I found this AU and I kinda fell in love... so I decided to write about it. It takes place after BMC, but when DEH would start. It includes ships...
14.6K 444 18
Be more chill, reader insert fanfic. You can't stand high school. It gives you massive anxiety and one day you snap and can't take it anymore. A pee...