How It All Started - Dylan O'...

By OHale24

Y/N and her best friend Vere are taking a much needed break from work. Of course, with this much needed break... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue

Chapter 31

631 13 15
By OHale24

Its been a couple of days and it is my mom's birthday... August 23rd. So they're throwing her a party and my dad as well his birthday was last week but so they didn't have to throw two party's they're throwing a party for both of them today. You know I can't believe the coincidence of both my parents birthday being the same month as Dylan's. Like just wow.

I don't even know if I should call like I don't want to be rude or anything but, i just think its too soon to start talking, or maybe its just me.

Knocking at the door interrupts my train of thought and I go to open the door.

"Y/N, hey." Vere says as we hug hello. "Hey." I say back. "Are you ready to start setting up." Vere says and I nod. "Yeah I already have all the stuff out.

Did I mention the party was gonna be at my house. Yeah I wanted it to be at my house that way my parents wouldn't have the mess to take care of the next day.

"Is Jane going to come?" Vere asks. "No she's gonna be bringing my parents, the cake and small details." I say and she nods. "Good thing I cleaned the house yesterday, or we would be cleaning for an hour." I say and she nods.

"Are you gonna wish him a happy birthday?" Vere asks. Knowing who she's talking about, "His birthday isn't even today though." I say. "I know that Y/N. I'm talking about for when it is his birthday." She says.

"I feel like its too soon. I mean the break up wasn't exactly, what's the word?" I say/ask.

"Nice?" Vere asks. "No." I say. "It just wasn't how I would've wanted it to go down." I say as I throw away the plastic wrappers in the trash.

"Your parents knew about you two, right?" She asks and I nod. "They knew that I was dating someone but they didn't really know much about us." I say and she nods.

In my family we don't introduce our boyfriend/girlfriend to our family unless we know its serious.

"Do you even still talk to the gang?" Vere asks and I nod. "A little, they text and call once in a while I answer, of course, but I never start the conversation." I say.

"You shouldn't have to do that, they're your friends. They wern't your friends just because you were dating Dylan." She says and I nod. "I just don't want to make it awkward." I say. "I'm just being honest with you but what your doing now is going to make it awkward between you guys later on." She says and I nod. "Your right." I say.

I hear a knocking at the door and I look over to the clock to see its 6 already.

"Dang time went by fast!" I say as I walk over to check the door. As I open the door I see my mom and dad, and Jane and my brother with their kids.

"Hey mom, dad." I say as I hug them. We all say our hellos and I let them into the house.

After a while more and more people kept coming, family and close family friends. My house is literally full. The family put music so now they're dancing in the middle of the living room, thank goodness I have a lot of space or else they would be squished while dancing.

As per usual most of the men were outside getting drunk having their own conversation and the women were inside talking about their children like we arnt in the same room. Same old, same old.

"Okay time for presents!" I say as I call everyone from the rooms and from outside.

Vere and I place the cake on the table and the presents spread around the table for the pictures. We take a bunch of pictures cause you know how the family always wants to take a 'couple' of pictures but they take so many you end up forcing a smile by the end of it.

So my mom and dad opened their presents while my brother and I waited for them to open their last one so we can get our surprise gift.

"Wait we have one more!" My brother yells stopping my mom from cutting the cake. My brother and I grab the box we have for them, and give it to them. "Que es esto?"(what is this?) My mom asks as my dad shakes it.

"Pos habrelo."(Well open it)I say to them as I point to the present.

They start to open the box, and I already know they might get a bit annoyed since its a couple of boxes before they get to the actual present. Once they got down to the last box, my parents were definitely annoyed.

"This better be the last box." My dad says with a laugh, as we all join in. They opened the box to see an envelope. "No manches." (Kind of like, you got to be kidding me) my mom says as she opens up the envelope as we all laugh.

They open the envelope to see two tickets and a receipt for a suite in a Las Vegas hotel. My brother and I wait for them to read it while we record for their reactions. When they both get these really shocked faces, we know they have realized what it is. We quickly hug them as everyone starts asking what they are.

"Son dos bolletos para ir a Las Vegas"(Their two tickets two go to Las Vegas) my mom says. "First class!" I add. My parents have always wanted to go to Las Vegas so we decided for their birthday to make their dreams come true.

After the presents and cake the family put on the boxing game that started on the TV, everyone started betting of course.

I turn to the clock to see it at 12:00.

Just a couple more hours... I'm so tired

~The next day~

The annoying sound of my alarm wakes me up. I get up and go to the kitchen to make my self some breakfast. As I check my phone I see one notification.

'Vere retweeted your retweet'

I get into the kitchen as I start mixing the batter for my pancakes. I put on some music but is quickly interrupted by an incoming phone call.

"Hello!?" I say into the phone.

"You won't believe this motherf****er!" She says.

"Who?What?" I say confused.

"Dylan! He's dating someone and I'm willing to bet its with that girl you were talking about!" She says and I am shocked.

"What!? Who told you this? How did you find out?" I ask.

"Tyler just told me." She says.

"He can go F himself." I say trying not to get mad.

"I mean I broke up with him so I shouldn't care. What does hurt though is that he's moved on already, it hasn't even been a week." I say.

"Im gonna f***ing kill that motherf***er." She says. "Don't, just let him be, he can do whatever the f*** he wants, I don't care no more." I sigh.

"When's the last time you were on Instagram?" Vere asks curiously. "I havent used it in weeks, why?" I ask. "Yeah im gonna send you something." She says and I go on my Instagram to see a notification in my DM's.

I click on it to see Vere sent me a video and a couple of pictures.

All of them were of me and Dylan! And the video is of me and Dylan in an argument seconds before we break up.

"Are you kidding me!" I say into the phone upset. "I find it so ironic that everyone finds out that you guys were dating, after y'all break up." She says and I nod. "I'm gonna kill myself." I sigh.

"Don't!" She yells into the phone which thankfully was on speaker. "Gosh I was just kidding." I say into the phone as I continue making pancakes and bacon.

"What are you doing!?" Vere asks. "Pancakes and bacon." I say. "On my way!" Vere says as she hangs up.

Gotta make some more now.

A couple of minuets passed and I hear knocking on the door. "Hey Vere." I say as I let her in. "Hey." She says as she walks into the kitchen.

"Oh did you hear about that tropical storm?" Vere asks as she starts helping me with the food.

"Yeah I heard about it but didn't't you hear its now a hurricane?" I tell her. "What the f***!" She says. "I'm not ready I need to get water bottles now, can food, batteries." She says.

"Don't worry we can go after we finish eating." I say and she nods.

Once we finish eating and so does Boo. We grab our stuff and leave.

"Ill be back sweetie mommy loves you." I say as we leave.

"To the grocery store." I say as we run to my car.

Once we got to the grocery store we grabbed a bunch of necessities. Of course of bunch of snack as well, where would we be without them.

I also grab a bunch of stuff for my parents, and a couple of stuff my brother needs.

We quickly go and drop the stuff of at my parents house and my brothers stuff at his house and then we go to my house.

We are finally home, we put Vere's stuff in her car while we put both of our groceries in my refrigerator so they won't spoil.

As I finish putting all the stuff away I hear Vere turning on the TV and playing with Boo.

"Y/N!!" I hear Vere yell. "What happened to Boo.!" I yell as I run into the living room only to see Boo perfectly fine, laying in the couch. "She's fine I'm just calling you to tell you about the hurricane." She says as she points to the screen. "Its turned into a Hurricane Category 3, but they say the winds speed is still increasing." She says and I stand there in shock. "Wow" is all

I get on Twitter to see more about Hurricane Harvey.

I quickly see a bunch of memes that make me laugh.

I show them to Bere and we start to laugh together.

"Okay I feel bad this gonna be bad and yet here we are laughing at memes about it." I say still with a couple of laughs trying to calm down. "Same." She says.

We are interrupted when both our phone rings. Both Tyler's are calling us.

"Hello?" We say at the same time and we gasp. "Jinx." We yell as we punch each other at the same time. "Double jijx, triple jinx, quadruple jinx." We continue on until the guys cut us off. "Stop." They say at the same time. "JINX!" We hear them yell as they do the same thing as us.

"Okay that's not fair." I say into the phone and they stop.

"Okay we were going to ask if you guys are okay?" T-pose says and we nod. "Yeah were fine we just stocked up in food." Vere says. "Its raining really hard outside though." I say as I look outside.
"Wait be right back!" I yell as I run outside. "Y/N!" I hear Vere yell but I ignore her as I bring all of Boos stuff inside as well as some other things.

"Are you stupid!?" Vere says as she hands me a towel. "Maybe." I say as I sit down in the floor giving Boo her stuff.

"What did she do!?" I hear Holland yell into the phone worried. "She ran outside to get Boo's things inside." She says. "Y/N you scared us." She says with a sigh. "Sowy." I say as I cuddle Boo. "Some more than others." I hear her say. "Oww." She yells. "What?" I say confused. "Nothing!" I hear a bunch of people yell that I can't distinguish their voices.

"You guys are so weird." I say with a laugh. "But you love us." Shelley says. "I guess." I say. "Well ill leave y'all with Vere I'm gonna take a shower." I say goodbye and go upstairs to take a shower.

After a while its starts to rain harder, but the hurricane still hasn't even touched the ground, yet. So Vere gets her groceries and heads home.

~2 Days later~

Its been raining harder,streets are starting to flood and the Hurricane just landed yesterday.

I am scared for my parents I honestly want my whole family at my house right now.

My train of thought is interrupted by my phone ringing. I just noticed that's been happening a lot lately.

I check my phone to see its my brother.

"Y/N?" I hear my brother say immediately as I answer.

"Yeah." I say into the phone.

"How are you?" He says.

"I'm good what about you guys?" I ask as I look outside the window and listen to the news. Gosh I feel like an adult, wasn't I just a kid?

"Were good, but the lights just went out at my house and so did at mom's." He says and I get worried.

"I was just thinking if y'all were doing okay? Are y'all flooding, I saw in the news that a lot of people are getting flooded already." I say.

"No were not flooding, the street is okay, but apa(another way of saying dad) didn't say anything if they were." He says.

"I want all of us to stay together, just so I know everyone is okay." I say.

"That's what I was going to tell you." He says.

"Well too late I said it first." I say.

"Fine, Ill tell Jane to get stuff ready for the kids." He says. "Okay I'm gonna go pick up mom and dad." I say. "Okay well go get some stuff as well." He says. "No its fine I got stuff already." I say.

"Too bad." He says as he hangs up. "Y/B/N!" I say but sigh.

I quickly call my parents notifyin them about what my brother and I decided. I get my phone and purse and head to the car.

As I get near my parents house I see how some of the streets are flooded which makes me think how my parents are doing.

Thankfully once I got to my parents house, they were fine and the neighborhood wasn't as flooded as the other streets.

After a while we are finally home and I see my brother entering the driveway as well. I quickly park and lock the car, I unlock the house door and let everyone in.

"Se esta poniendo mas fuerte."(Its getting stronger.) My mom says and we all agree. My brother, Jane ,and I go outside and bring all the stuff inside. We didn't want either my parents or my nephews or nieces to go outside and possibly get sick.

The kids are happy since they don't have to go to school, and were happy because we don't have to go to work. Well actually that's a lie, for me, if they need me they could possibly call me in. 

~A couple of day's later~

Hurricane Harvey was horrible. It left so many people in the streets, so many homes were destroyed. I thank god that nothing happened to any of my loved ones homes. Vere and I would call in on each other making sure we were okay, she had also went to stay with her family so they knew they were okay.

The gang also checked up on us. I totally forgot all about Dylan's birthday with the whole hurricane and all. After everything cleared up I took my parents home, and my brother went home as well.

They didn't call us in for work so that was good. They are also still giving us some time off from work. Good thing is I'm still getting paid, ha I love my job. 

------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 31 is now complete!!!

Honestly I like this chapter. It has a little of bit of history and memes lmao.

Anyways I know i took forever to update but I had this idea for this chapter but halfway through I added another idea which didn't work out with the story so I had to change a lot of things but i left one tiny detail that if i tell you, you'll see why but I'm not gonna say lol.

To anyone that reads my story and you were affected by Harvey I am so sorry, I want you to know I went through it to even though it wasn't as bad as the other people... but I'm here.

Just a heads up if your thinking the detail is about the hurricane, its not.

Well I hope you guys like this chapter

As always please vote and comment on your opinions

Have a nice day, night, week, month, year, life

Bye👋😁💖
      -M

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 60 3
Chrystal riddle stayed with her grandparents in London, her family is the most richest family in the wizard world.
84.9K 2.2K 13
I will try to update every week but some times thats just not possible as there is a Jail called schoool that i am pushed into participating in I am...
1M 18.6K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
7.6K 89 9
A collection of Teen Wolf imagines and one shots. All works published here are from my tumblr @stunbar