Changes {Jacob Latimore}

由 PeacePaulette

She changed his life and he changed hers. They will see what it's like to love someone with a similar living... 更多

Changes {Jacob Latimore}
Living.°•
Problem.°•
Business.°•
Sorry.°•
Chaos.°•
Overboard.°•
Her.°•
Consequence.°•
You.°•
Murderer.°•
Lonely.°•
Apologize.°•
Same.°•
Pain.°•
Savior.°•
Battlefield.°•
Feelings.°•
Nobody.°•
Xo.°•
Diagnosed.°•
Pills.°•
Poison.°•
Fragile.°•
Leave.°•
Miserable.°•
Closer.°•
Breathe.°•
Damaged.°•
Stay.°•
Home.°•
Invincible.°•
Forever.°•
Love.°•
•°.Changes 2.°•
CHANGES 2 IS RELEASED.°•
•NEW BOOK•

Gone.°•

9.2K 241 62
由 PeacePaulette

Jacob

I quickly got down on my knees, Tré was shot in his chest. He had lost so much blood already. Tears began to go down my face as I held his lifeless body.

"Tré! No, please don't die on me bro." I cried.

"Jay..this is it bruh, you know what happens next." Tré managed to say. He looked into my eyes.

"Stay alive, please Trizzy." I begged.

"G-Go on." Tré stuttered. He suddenly grabbed his chest and began panting. Soon, his chest stopped heaving. He froze, eyes still open.

"No!" I cried aloud. I began to hear sirens going off as I sat there, now holding my dead best friend more like brother, Tré.

I couldn't believe this happened, it's all of my fault. I brought him to this. I should've listened to him the first time he told me to quit. But I didn't and now here this shit happens. I can never keep anyone in my life, it all ends up being my fault in some way.

First my parents kick me out because of my rebellion, I get told that I am one less problem in someone's life, and now my big bro is dead. All because of me, I'm such a terrible person. No wonder no one cares about me, no wonder. My life is complete hell.

I continued sitting their as they loaded Tré onto a stretcher and into the ambulance. They knew once they showed up to the scene it was too late. He had been dead for at least fifteen minutes now and I just couldn't handle it.

I stood up looking to Brice and Nate. Tears filled Nate's eyes and Brice just looked lost. I shook my head and stood by them for a brief moment. They pulled a sheet over Trés' body. It made me cry even harder. He had said it various time, if anything happens to him, just listen to what he told me.

But really, how could I?

I feel like she wouldn't give a damn about my well-being. Then again, she was one of the sweetest people that has entered my life. The very first actually. I stopped thinking about that for now though, and refocused back on Tré. You honestly don't know what you have until it's gone.

°°

Within a few hours Ramon had found out about the incident, but he didn't care at all. He was just joyed to get his fucking money back, which pissed me off badly. My friend just got killed by gunshot and he's not gonna show no sympathy whatsoever. Motherfucker.

"Aye Ramon." I got his attention.

"Wassup? Aye sorry bout Tré." Ramon said.

"You could care less, and... I quit. I can't do this no more." I said.

"Why?" Ramon asked.

"I just can't and for the record, I gave my money away to someone in need of help." I explained.

"Nigga my money!?" Ramon asked raising his voice.

"No dumbass, my money." I said with gritted teeth.

"Well get the hell on then. Ain't nobody need yo uneducated ass anyway." Ramon spat.

"You'll always be a piece of shit. You care about no one." I spat back.

"It's the same with you Jay." Brice chimed in.

"Mothafucker you always got something to say!" I yelled.

"Because you think you always right, when you not. Shit Jay you can't even say the alphabet." Brice said.

"I know I am right though. What knowledge do you have mama's boy?" I asked getting in his face.

"That's funny bruh. At least I got a mama, yours kicked yo ass out!" Brice said.

"Bitch I'm tired of you!" I yelled.

"Do something." Brice said.

That's when I pulled my gun out. I cocked it back and placed my finger on the trigger. I held it to his temple.

"Any last words before I blow yo fucking brains out?" I asked.

"Yo Jay, calm down. He ain't worth it." Nate said.

"Nate get back." I said.

"Please Jay, be chill." Nate said.

I took a deep breath as I watched the sweat drip from Brice's forehead. That's what I thought. 

"I'm out!" I exclaimed for the final time. I walked away from the group, heading to my park bench. Tonight was absolute bullshit. Now I see what Tré meant about Brice, he is full of shit. I have no one now.

°°

A Week Later

The morning once again came. I still laid upon my park bench. I haven't bothered to go to school all week nor talk to anybody. I just couldn't, nothing would be the same. Although I was thinking about the last thing Tré told me.

My next option and only hope is Phiona. But I just can't seem to go for it, I'd feel really stupid knowing that she thought I was an ass anyways, but what if she had change of mind?

My feelings about her were changing every time I thought about her. I could not explain it though, yet at all. I should go see her and apologize for bailing on her all week, but I can't just yet.

I stood up and began roaming the city. In my worn out hoodie, with torn jeans, and boots. I had these on for months. They were the only clothes I had. It was the last thing gave to me a few months ago by Tré actually. He did take care of me, so taking his advice and orders on anything would be the wisest decision to make. Possibly to make some type of change to my life.

•°•

Phiona

I sat at school in my creative writing class, still no Jacob to be seen. I felt so terrible about Tré being shot and his funeral would be pretty soon too. Violence solves no problems in this world, and it takes away the most innocent people. Even if that person had did some wrong in their life, killing someone is truly wrong. No one deserves it... especially someone like Tré. A true friend, a brother, someone to look up to.

Now gone.

He always said those words, 'If anything ever happens to me...' only because he was prepared for anything that came his way. He knew what kind of world we lived in, he knew the problems and people. He knew one day his time to stop breathing would come and... sadly it did. I know he's looking down on all of us now from Heaven.

He told me to take care of Jacob when he's gone and that's exactly what I'm going to do. Jacob may not think so, but I truly care about him and my heart can't stand to see him struggle. No longer will I allow that neither. No matter how he feels about me, I will always be here from now on.

I continued sitting there in class. I finished the assignments given to me. I still gave Jacob credit too. It was the best I could do for right now. I could literally feel all of the tension in the classroom. Spread between only Nate and Brice. Something was up, I knew it was bad too.

But I just continued on with my day and eventually I made it through all the way. I arrived home to see Mama Claudia and the kids. I was happy to see them smiling at me.

"Sweetie, how was your day?" Mama Claudia asked me as I sat my backpack down.

"Easy, Jacob wasn't here again.." I sighed.

"Ooh chica, you should go and search for him. You know you probably have a clue where he's at." Mama Claudia winked.

"Yes ma'am I know, should I go now? Are y'all gonna be alright?" I asked.

"We'll be fine Phiona, go." April said shooing her hand my way.

"Okay, see you guys in a bit and hopefully he comes back with me." I explained.

"Be safe." Mama Claudia said.

"I will." I said shyly smiling.

They wished me good luck and sent me out the door. I began roaming around looking for the park. It had been so long since I've actually been there. The kids hadn't been wanting to go anymore, since it was beginning to get cold. 

I found myself at a park and I took a gander around everywhere. I spotted a figure on the swings, knowing exactly who it was.

°°

I walked towards the swings and sat in one. Jacob sat in the one right next to me. His head was down with his hood covering his face.

"Hey Jacob." I said softly.

He didn't say anything, but looked at me for a brief second. I understood if he didn't want to talk though. I knew how close him and Tré were.

"Look Jacob, I understand that you're hurt... I know you probably don't want to talk much, but know that I care. I'm sorry about the lost of your best friend Tré." I explained as sweet as possible.

"I appreciate that." Jacob spoke quietly to me.

"Anything I can do?" I asked.

"Can't anyone do nothing for me right now." Jacob said.

"I can try." I said.

"No you can't, just go Phiona. I need to be alone." Jacob said standing.

"I'm just concerned." I said quietly, standing as well.

"Well don't be! Leave! I don't need this!" Jacob yelled in my face, and he began walking away.

"Jacob, I know you're upset but I just want to help!" I called out. He stopped in his tracks.

"It will help if you leave me alone!" he yelled.

"No.. I won't." I said standing my ground. "I care about you Jacob, I promised Tré that I would take care of you." I explained.

He stood there, with his back turned to me and slightly turned his head. I could see the dampened part on  his cheeks from the tears that came from his eyes.

"Please let me help." I said.

"Help me with what!?" Jacob asked in a cry. He had turned around now.

"You..I want you to be alright." I said.

He stood there only looking at me, he breathed slowly.

"Come on, come here." I said. I was holding my arms open. He slowly began walking towards me, only a few feet away.

He got closer and closer. With inches away from us, he finally ran into my arms. He cried into my shoulder. His hands gripped around my waist, securely. My hands placed around his neck. I knew how broken he was, the look in his eyes, his facial expression.

We sat down on a bench... the one he has slept on for various nights. I continued comforting him, by holding him and letting him cry into my shoulder. After being so strong for three years of his life, he finally broke down. I never thought I'd see this side of him, especially because it was me.

"Let's go back to my place okay?" I asked. He nodded his head and pulled away. I wiped some of his tears away, he flinched at my touch and stared down as I did so.

We stood up, and I somewhat held onto his arm. We began walking back to the small apartment complex. This day has been so emotional. For him especially, losing someone is not easy at all. 

When we arrived back at the apartment, the kids had already been put to bed and Mama Claudia had let us in. She eventually went to bed afterwards though. She knew that Jacob was coming, so she went ahead and moved April's things into her room. Leaving only my bed and other belongings.

Wait...only my bed... well I guess it will be alright. Nothing will happen.

We got settled for bed and he laid down first. I sat across the room watching. I couldn't sleep yet. I wasn't that tired. I watched him as his eyes closed. He looked so relieved and I was more than relieved that he actually let me help him out.

As I watched him sleep and listened to him softly snore, I began walking over to him. I sat on the bed and pulled the cover up on him. He softly moaned and went back to snoring. He was a gentle sleeper, and I found it adorable. Soon, I laid down. A bit away from him.

The lights were out and everything was dark, sleep was needed after today.

°°

Day of the Funeral

Jacob and I both sat in the front row of the funeral as it began. Everyone wore black, of course. Which I never understood why. Rain lightly poured down too. Jacob looked to me and sighed. I patted his hand and we began listening.

"We are here today to send a young man up to heaven, the funeral of Trézelle Rey." the pastor said.

His real name was quite unique, I liked it a lot. It made sense of where his nicknames came from now. I softly smiled and continued listening. When all words were done and said. They berried his body down into the grave that was dug up.

It was a decent ceremony done in honor of him.

"Hey Phiona?" Jacob asked as we sat up on the apartment steps after getting back.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Thank you." Jacob said.

"You're welcome." I said. He softly smiled, and just that right there brightened my day up.

"Can I hug you?" Jacob asked. My heart raced. Where was this coming from?

"Of course." I shyly said.

My curls blew everywhere as he scooted closer to put his arms around me. They placed around my waist. And I placed mine around his neck. I felt him breathing, his breath tickled my neck. He softly rubbed my back up and down.

This was a different side of him definitely, and I believe that certain things happen to make change. But it will never be an excuse to bring someone being gone upon the world.

•••••••

Hope you loves enjoyed! I appreciate all of the support I'm getting on this book! I know y'all loved Tré but sometimes risks are taken and sometimes too far. So thoughts please? :)
Comment | Vote | Share | Follow | Fan
Peace, te amo. :*
•Paulette•  

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

1.9K 78 38
He loved a girl who never loved him back. Piece by piece he put his heart and life back together. Two decades later she is back but things have chang...
538 50 7
Feeling is sometimes mistaken by the world. Love can be misunderstood. Sympathy will be misinterpreted now and then. My life is a book misread at eve...
321K 14.6K 41
Different worlds, Different circumstances, Fate brought them together, But will they remain there?
78 1 7
A girl who was emotionally balanced who want to know about her past went to India. Little does she know what the future be holding for her. This is a...