Sparks (Shadows Prequel)

By Dusk_Love

Lissa's tired of constantly being called crazy by her pack. So what if she has visions? Or what others call '... More

Sparks (Shadows Prequel)
Questions.
Come N' Go
Visions
I Have A Mate.
James Ember.
Author's Note
The Howl
Fright Night
AUTHOR'S NOTE: IMPORTANT

Far Away

78 5 7
By Dusk_Love

Enjoy(:

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

♦♦♦♦♦

•••••••|••••••••••••••••••••••••|•••••••••••••••••••••••••|••••••••••••••••••••|

Trisha's death was just the start of the madness. We were too blind to notice it back then but we soon would.

As soon as my scream escaped, everyone came rushing to the scene. James came first. He held me tight in his arms, blocking my view of Trisha and whispering in my ear. But I was too freaked to listen. My heart was pounding and I was shaking. How could this have happened? I was supposed to save her.

Stacy stood beside us and she couldn't tear her eyes away from the bloody mess of her best friend. Her mouth was open but no sound came out. She stepped toward Trisha but didn't make it far. Phoenix caught her as she fell to her knees, his own eyes wide in shock and fear.

"Get Jax." I heard James say to Connor.

Gathering me in his arms, James led me out of the room. "It's alright, Lissa. It's alright." I hadn't realized I was crying until he wiped away a few tears. He carried me all the way back to his room and set me down on the bed. Despite the mess, I found great comfort in his room.

James ended up whispering things to me until I eventually blacked out.

♦♦♦♦♦

When I came to, it was morning. James was dead asleep on the bed so I let him be and headed for the kitchen. The whole gang was there. Phoenix leaned against thae counter while drinking coffee. Connor looked out the tiny window above the kitchen sink. The boys were obviously lost in thought. Stacy sat on a barstool, staring off into space. Her eyes were rimmed with red and puffy from crying.

Where's Trisha?

Last nights memories hit me like a speeding truck.

Trisha was dead.

The friendly girl who had befriended me despite my odd tendencies. The beautiful, young girl who had yet to meet her mate. The dreamy girl obsessed with mystic poetry. She had a whole future ahead of her and now she was gone.

She was murdered.

And I had done nothing to stop it.

I cleared my throat and Stacy sniffled. "I had a vision last night."

Connor turned around to look at me. "A vision?"

"I never really told you guys. I...I see things. When I touch people. I see the future."

"You're a gifted wolf." Phoenix said, intrigue in his eyes.

"Yes, I am." I paused l.before continuing. I had to tell them. "I had a vision of Trisha last night. I saw..." My throat closed up and a small squeak escaped. I couldn't bring myself to say it. I didn't want to say it.

I didn't want to be responsible for Trisha's death. She was my first friend.

Whoever killed her would pay. I would make sure of it. I'd make sure Trisha was avenged because a girl like her never deserved a fate like the one she received last night.

"What did you see?" Stacy croaked.

"I saw Trisha." I repeated. "And...she was smiling. She was somewhere happy. She's not suffering but she's not at full peace, either. Not until we find out who...who did that to her. We have to make them pay."

Connor watched me with narrowed eyes. I wondered if he saw right through my lie. I wondered if he could see the guilt beginning to swarm me.

Stacy sniffled and wiped away a tear. She suddenly looked hopeful. "She's not suffering?"

I shook my head in response. I didn't trust myself to speak.

It was quiet for a moment until Stacy stood up, determination in her eyes. "We will find whoever did that to her. They're going to wish they were never born. They're going to suffer long and hard before they die. And when they die, it's going to be slow, torturous, and gruesome."

This side of Stacy was scary and new to me. I wasn't sure if I approved or if I should be worried.

♦♦♦♦♦

Connor went to talk to Jax about last night and when he came back, he looked troubled. Apparently, there was no scent left behind. The only scent present was Trisha's. Nothing in Trisha's room was out of place and there was no evidence that said that someone else was there.

It was too strange and gave me the chills. Despite the fact that there was nothing to give us a lead, Stacy remained determined to solve Trisha's murder even though just hearing her name brought her to tears.

I was sitting outside, watching the rest of the pack train when I felt the air shift behind me. I turned around and there was Griffin, standing at the edge of the forest line, watching me.

I glanced back at the distracted pack members before running up to Griffin. He smiled, almost as if pleased to see me. "Lissa."

"Griffin." I breathed out, suddenly feeling flustered. James was my mate and the only guy I would ever love. But there was no denying the dangerous allure Griffin presented. He was the most beautiful man I'd ever seen yet the only feeling that sparked when I confronted him was lust. Not love.

"Would you like to take a walk with me?"

"Depends. Are you just going to leave me stranded again?"

Instead of responding, he turned and stepped into the shadows of the forest.

I took one last glance at the pack before making a decision and following Griffin.

♦♦♦♦♦

The walk was silent at first so I decided to make conversation. Just as I opened my mouth, an idea hit me.

"So, where were you last night?"

"I was around." He looked at me, his expression revealing nothing. "The sounds of nature are truly beautiful when you're silent, is it not?"

"Um, right." I agreed even though I didn't really understand what he was getting at. "Were you by any chance in the pack house?"

"Silence can reveal many things. But some prefer to talk and shatter the real noise."

I stared at him until it clicked into my brain. He wanted me to shut up. I had to give him credit for not actually saying and instead using mutltiple euphemisms.

After that, I kept my mouth shut and eyed him while we walked. I was doing what any mother warned their child against. I was walking and talking with a stranger. I may have known Griffin's name and his beauty, but could I really trust him? He was still a a complete stranger. Being a wolf should have made me felt safe except he wasn't human. I could sense it. His strengths were unknown to me and I didn't like that. I actually felt kind of vulnerable. All Griffin had to do was touch me and I was out like a light in some kind of vision.

I suddenly wanted James by my side. "Griffin." I said.

He stopped walking.

"I think I should-"

"I heard about what happened." He suddenly interrupted me.

"W-what?"

"That poor girl. Trisha, right?"

I nodded my head. "Yeah. Did you-" know her?

He leaned in and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek. "I must go now, Lissa. Goodbye."

I was too stunned to say goodbye. But it didn't matter. Even if I had said goodbye, he would've still disappeared before he heard.

"Who is he?" I whispered to myself.

♦♦♦♦♦

Fan, vote, comment!

Hmmm....Griffin is intriguing. But who exactly is he?

Will Trisha's murderer ever be found?

Sorry for any errors!!!

Thanks for reading (:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

350K 12.2K 37
A girl who is taken in by a werewolf shifter family at birth has just moved to a new town in a new state. Even though she can't be part of the pack s...
182K 6.9K 83
River Blair is the pack's enigma. No one really knows why he can't shift, not even himself. he's been in love with Sebastian Decker since forever. I...
692K 43.2K 30
Waking up with no memory of her past or who she really was, Misha had no choice but to start a life in a strange town. However, she starts to notice...
87.9K 3.6K 25
Life has never seemed more serene than as I lay dying. Blood coats the forest floor beneath me, connecting with the foilage-covered soil in a parade...