Not of this Time

By AngelNatari

Diana and Meg are two normal girls visiting Greece on Vacation. What they didn't expect is to be pulled deep... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Book Trailer
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Authors Note
Epilogue
Remember

Chapter 37

2.2K 102 7
By AngelNatari

Diana's POV

Things had seemed to calm down regarding Achilles that is. I had no idea where he was nor did I want to know. At that point all I wanted to focus on was keeping my son and the young princess safe. That was my mission and I would not fail them.

Just after they fell asleep did I decide to leave the room, the guards were placed inside and outside the doors so I wouldn't have to worry as much. That was a relief, knowing that I would hear the alarms go off if something did happen but that the four best of New Troy's warriors were guarding the children helped.

Walking down the hall to my room I try not to pay attention to the others that are out at night. Usually the palace was calm and silent but recently I had noticed quite a few more visitors, most of which were women of title.

"My king! You cannot delay any longer, your daughter can not accept the crown when you die and Paris is less than worry. Take a wife and provide your kingdom with an heir!" the same old council member dared to argue with Hector.

I wasn't in the same area as them but I stood behind a wall making sure I wouldn't be seen either. For some reason I wanted to hear what both of the men would have to say about this subject.

"You have the nerve of inviting other women here against my wishes! You are lucky I don't have you killed!" Hector answered in a rough and angry voice.

"You can not keep protecting that whore and her child-" the advisor started but Hector cut in.

"That same woman, not whore, woman was the one that rescued the princess and her own child not to mention took Achilles down single handed. I would say she is a better human that you could ever be." Hector defend me and I couldn't help but let out a small gasp which I covered with my hand.

"I care not for her that is true but if you wish to be with her then bed her already! If she has no purpose that has arisen soon then believe me I will find a way to get rid of her and place one of these women in your bed." The advisor or councilor whichever his title was said as he left the hall.

The old ass didn't even notice me in the shadows as he left. Instead I just observed him shaking his head and repeating something in a language I didn't understand. This wouldn't work, I couldn't allow someone, no matter how old they were, be horrible to Hector after he had done so much for me. Pushing off the wall I decided to walk up to Hector who looked as though he hadn't slept in a week.

"Diana?" Hector asked no doubt wondering if I had just heard the conversation that he just had with that old man. "You heard didn't you?"

Nodding my head I walk to stand right before him.

"You need an heir...that's why all these women are here. They have come to win your heart." I tell him sadly as I can't bear to imagine him with any of them.

"They cannot have what I no longer have control of." Hector comments as he brushes a piece of my hair from my face. "You have nothing to fear."

"Hector... I'll help you with an heir because I know that what the old man says is true but it's not just because of that...I do love you Hector and I'm sorry I couldn't have just followed my true path before, I should have followed you-" I started but Hector grabbed my head and kissed me.

"I've never given up on you Diana, though we have traveled different paths somehow we wound up on the same path again. I thank the gods every day that they brought you back to me." Hector held me tightly.

"I mean what I say Hector, if you must have another heir provide for you then I think I prefer it be by me." I spoke softly and calm to him.

After all this time, I was being honest not only with myself but with Hector as well. Hector took a moment as he looked me over trying to see if what I said was sincere. After that moment was up he held me tightly again.

"I would and will do anything for you Diana..." Hector spoke.

"And I you...tell that old ass that he need to get rid of the women though." I tell Hector trying to lighten the mood.

"That will not be a problem at all." He chuckled as he held my head and kissed me.

The next day I went to Meg, my best friend and sister and began to tell her everything that had happened. She broke three dishes while listening to my story. Finally I made her sit down so I could finish telling the story.

"You agreed to bear his child, until he get the heir he needs? Diana...it took you long enough!" Meg laughed as she hugged me.

"That was not the answer I was expecting...Meg you aren't mad at me?" I question as the hug stops and I look at her.

"Mad? Why would I be mad that for once in your life you go after the guy who would literally walk through fire for you? Don't get me wrong, Achilles was like that once but I think we both knew deep down it wouldn't work out in the long run." Meg shrugged as she began to point out things he had done at the camp that she was forced to keep secret from her.

Apparently, Alec was not Achilles only son. As though that were to shock me but it turned out two other women in the camp that were hidden away from everyone else had borne him children as well. Meg sighed as she told me that he also sent them off the moment he found out they were with child as well.

"Hector is a better match for you. He loves you, he's a prince I mean well a king now but really Di, just be happy for once and pray whenever you are with child that it's a boy or you may have to go through more than one birth." Meg warned me.

It was true, I knew there was a 50% chance that the child would not be a boy but in fact another girl like Livitica. Still I just knew what I was doing was right, Achilles was not in the back of my mind anymore. Instead it was occupied with the new memories of Alec and Livitica as well as Paris and Hector. Once I was back in the palace I watched as many of the women that the horrible old ass had invited against Hector's wishes began to leave. Walking past them I feel someone grab me and pull me into another hall. Quickly they turned me to face them and there stood Hector himself.

"What are you doing?" I question as I look between him and the women.

"Making sure you know what you are agreeing to. If you continue to agree to give me and heir that means one day we will be married...you will be a queen...would you still be with me then Diana?" Hector asked as he led me down the hall.

Queen?! Well that thought had escaped me but knowing that I would be with Hector and safe inside the city walls the thought didn't seem to scare me. King's did most of the work in battles but I would do all I could to support Hector, after all I had been trained here so I would know a little of what I was talking about.

"I stand by my decision." I stop and turn to Hector who smiles brightly at me. "Nothing will make me change my mind."

That night, Hector had told the council that he had decided to not only try to have an heir with me, but marry me and make my his queen as well. That was a meeting I did not want to be at. Instead I was the one to break the news to our children who took it much better than I thought.

"You mean...Hector will be your husband...and Livitica would be my sister?" Alec asked excitedly.

"Yes, I would be Livitica's step mother as Hector would be your step father." I told them ready for either of the children to be angry or upset.

"I already thought of you as my mother." Livitica shrugged as she looked between Alec and I. "Alec is more than my brother...he is my best friend."

I was ready to try and explain everything to them but they seemed to accept everything quite well. After a story, they both had fallen asleep and I lightly exited the room. Shutting the doors behind me I sighed peacefully and look to my left to see Hector walking my way.

"How did it go?" Hector questioned.

"They took it rather well, Livitica already thought of me as her mother and Alec is her best friend...if I didn't know any better I would have thought they thought us already together." I tell Hector with a grin on my face. "The council?"

"They agreed, all accept Balton, he wants a true noble but I care not for noble blood." Hector said taking my hand and pulling me to him. "I rather prefer the blood of my mermaid and warrior."

"Mermaid and warrior, two names I never thought I would hear together." I chuckle as I smile at him.

"You seem happier after your decision and Achilles banishment." Hector comments.

"I am, he let me go and I ran to the one person I should have stayed with...you." I tell him honestly.

"I will never let you...would you let me go?" Hector asked.

"Never...I made that mistake once...never again." I reply as I lean in and kiss him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 120 11
Patroclus and Achilles have to join forces with the demigods in order to find their way home when they awaken at the edges of camp half-blood. The T...
728 46 20
War has raged outside the walls of Troy for the past seven years. Safe inside the royal palace, Briseis, a spirited young Trojan princess, sits back...
512 19 42
A modernized retelling of the last few books of the Iliad. History's classic war story, which is actually a love story. How deep goes grief run, and...
78.8K 1.5K 18
Amelia is Troy's long lost princess. She is immensely pretty and the best warrior alongside her brother, Hector. She finally reunites with her family...