When Love Dies | 1 ✔

By Osaro_Oghadeva

[COMPLETED] "I wish I could turn back the hands of time." I whispered to myself, "At least he'd still be ri... More

Author's Note
Prologue 1
Prologue 2
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Important Notice!
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
End of book 1
The Story Continues...

Chapter 2

403 57 6
By Osaro_Oghadeva

      When we got into the University's premises, Anabelle whispered to me that people were staring at us. Soon after,  we heard a few distances away, clicks of phones and digital cameras. Everyone was whispering to one another about us. Some even mentioned my name.

"Wow! You haven't even completed your first day here and you're already popular." I could feel her grin like a Cheshire cat.

"Being the granddaughter of an Ex-senator has its perks. But I have to speak with dad about this. I don't want to be too popular here. I just want to live like a regular student." 

"That's true. Being too popular could make you get the wrong kind of friends who only want your money and fame. That's why you have to stick to me only." Ana explained. Behind her advice, I could sense her insecurities as well.

"Jealous that I might find a new bestie huh?" I stuck my tongue at her.

"You're deluded. I'm a classy chick, I don't need you. But that doesn't mean I won't kick anyone in the butt who tries to come between us." We both laughed at her comment.

"You love me too much." I retorted.

She sighed and replied, "Yeah I do."  She walked me to the front of my class.

"Here we are. Remember to call me if you have any problems and I'll be right here. Take care of yourself Cassie." She gave me a hug and a light peck on my cheek and left.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in since. Now it's time to face the world. With my cane, I made my way through the door and into the lecture hall.  A lecturer was already in, talking about literature.

"Cassiopeia Raymond, right?" She asked.

"Yes ma'am. Good morning." I smiled but inwardly I was palpitating. I knew all eyes were on me right now.

"My name is Professor Lindsey Bateman. The Vice Chancellor informed us about your coming to school and we saved a special seat for you." She expounded.

Ugh! Trust mum and and dad to be overly protective and security conscious. I really needed to speak with them.

"Please ma'am, can I sit with the rest of the students so I can converse with them?" I pleaded and made a face I usually used to make my parents agree with whatever I wanted.

"Alright but if you have any problem, make sure you speak to me or any of the other lecturers. Understood?"

"Yes ma'am, Thanks."

I maneuvered through the seats until I heard a girl offer that the seat beside her was vacant. Her British accent was so nice (I've always been a sucker for British accents). She held my hand and led me to my seat. I was very grateful.

"Thank you so much. I'm Cassiopeia Raymond but everyone calls me Cassie." I introduced myself and stretched out my right hand for her to shake.

"I'm Theresa Green but everyone calls me Tess. Nice to meet you."

The lecture continued and I turned on the sound recorder of my phone to record all what she said. More lecturers came in. That was how it went till 4pm. I was so beat and hungry, my stomach growled.

"Someone's hungry." Tess said beside me.

"Hunger is an understatement for what I feel. I could eat a horse right at this moment." That made her chuckle.

"Well, I know the perfect place for us to eat. My brother introduced me there two weeks ago. Now I eat there all the time."   She held my hand and led me out the hall.

"You don't have to hold my hand you know, that's why I have my cane with me all the time." I didn't want her to do anything for me out of pity.

"It's not that. I just like you and I thought we could be friends. You seem nice." She explained and held my hand tighter.

"Oh sorry. I thought you were just being sympathetic. I like the sound of us being friends. But you have to get permission from my cousin first. She might go in a frenzy if she sees us together." I laughed at the thought of that.

"She must really love you enough to protect you."

"Yeah she does and I appreciate it. I could be a tough case sometimes but she's always there. Speaking of her, I need to call her so she'll know my whereabouts. I don't want her worried." I brought out my phone from my pocket.

"Sure no problem. You can even invite her to join us." Tess suggested and I agreed. My phone's technology was so good that I could just say the name of the person I wanted to call. I said Ana's name and instantly it processed my call.

Ana agreed to join us and we waited for her. Soon, I heard her chirpy voice and was shoved into her embrace.

"Okay Ana that's enough already, I'm about to choke." She instantly release me and apologized. I brushed off the apology, stating that I was only kidding. "Meet my new friend, Tess, Tess meet my beautiful cousin, Anabelle but we call her Ana."

They both exchanged pleasantries and got into a conversation, they talked endlessly about makeup, hair, models, and clothes. Oh no! They are already friends. Please remind me never to introduce anyone else to Ana again.

"Geez! Enough talking please. I'm starving. Tess lead the way." I couldn't help but pull one of them with me so the other would follow.

Surprisingly, Maxwell was waiting for us and when I asked him why, he said my mum gave him strict orders to stay where I went even if it meant waiting all day for me. Ugh! Now I knew total freedom was far from me. But I was grateful though because it showed mum was thoughtful of me.

We all got into the car and Tess kept complimenting the beauty of my car to the point that I promised to give her the key one day for her to drive. She squealed in delight and gave me a sound kiss on the cheek. She called me "Her favorite friend" and I grinned.

Now I had two good friends.

Turned out the place she and her brother went to was the exact place we had breakfast today. I was happy that I had a certified place where I could go if I needed food.

I asked Maxwell to join us but he politely declined, stating that he ate with his wife and children before coming. He never ate out, but always ate his wife's home-cooked meals. He met her in Sweden while she worked for her father in his restaurant and fell in love with her the moment he tasted one of her delicacies. He began to visit the restaurant everyday and one day, developed the courage to ask her out. Amazingly, she agreed and they dated before getting married a year later.

Le sigh!

I wish I'd meet someone someday who would overlook my flaws and love me unconditionally.

Tess mentioned that the name of the place was 'Sweet Love Restaurant' and I made a mental note to keep it in mind any day I was alone and needed something to eat. We all ordered cheese burgers and fries with Pepsi and I ate, moaning to my satisfaction. The girls kept talking and I didn't want to butt in so I just focused on finishing my food.

Both girls giggled and that got my attention.

"What's wrong? Why are you girls giggling instead of eating?" I asked inaudibly because my mouth was full of fries.

"Tess has agreed to come sleep over at our house next weekend. Isn't she sweet?" Ana giggled again. I was happy as well to have another female company who would be spending the weekend in my house.

"Yeah. Then we can eat, watch tons of movies, eat again and talk about everything." I replied.

"That sounds cool. I need to call my brother to come pick me up here. I need to move into my hostel this weekend." Tess chipped in.

"Oh really, where is it located?" Ana asked, the sleep over discussion already far from her mind.

"It's a little girls hostel in Washington Square Campus." I heard her dial her phone and soon she was talking to someone, I'm assuming was her brother. This time around her accent was thicker than usual because she was talking to a native British speaker. Done with lunch, I felt so frazzled and needed sleep as soon as possible.

"I think it's time we called it a day. I'm so tired, I need to get home so as to rest and rise up bright and early tomorrow." I lifted my cane and stood up as I spoke. I felt both girls rise with me.

"Both of you are awesome and I can't ask for better friends than you." Tess rushed up to hug Ana and I. We both hugged her back.
Ana and I left the restaurant and got into the car while Tess stayed to wait for her brother.

For the millionth time that day, I was grateful I had another friend.

Don't forget to follow, vote, comment and share.

Love,
Osaro.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.8K 1.8K 38
𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊 "What?" I ask. He brings his hand to my face. His fingertips brush my lips. "What would you do," he says, "If I kissed you right now?" ...
2.8K 541 59
(FINISHED WRITING, BEING REVISED!) An only child, by the name of Nathaniel, has a very unfortunate life. Unpopular, bullied, and outcasted by everyon...
50.3K 1.8K 33
I feel my heart racing when I see his face. I lose all my words when he smiles at me. My best moments are alone in my bed when I dream of him. He's m...
1.2K 182 45
"'For life' remember?" he kissed my forehead gently and rested his chin upon my head. "For life" I agreed, sighing a breath of relief. ...