Falling - A Pentatonix Story

By morningthunderstorms

"I really really love you, and I don't think I will ever be able to stop saying that. Just so you know." "Wel... More

o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y o n e
t w e n t y t w o
t w e n t y t h r e e
t w e n t y f o u r
t w e n t y f i v e
t w e n t y s i x
t w e n t y s e v e n
t w e n t y e i g h t
t w e n t y n i n e
t h i r t y o n e
t h i r t y t w o
t h i r t y t h r e e
e p i l o g u e
A/N

t h i r t y

443 14 42
By morningthunderstorms

When I woke up, the smell of coffee greeted me. I make my way out of bed and head down to the kitchen to see Avi sitting on the couch with a mug in his hand.

"Good morning," he smiles, putting his phone down to look at me.

"Morning," I mumble in reply.

"I made you some coffee, it's in the kitchen," Avi motions. Tour ended about two days ago and we're still pretty jet lagged. Two more weeks until the european leg.

Without a response, I head into the kitchen and see my favorite cup, already made the way I like it.

"I made it already because I figured you wouldn't wake up too long after me," Avi says, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind me.

"Thanks, babe," I reply, getting out of his arms and heading to the couch. I sit down and pull a fuzzy blanket over my legs, having only slept in shorts last night.

Avi comes and sits down next to me, getting under the blanket with me. He puts his arm around my waist and holds his coffee with another.

We both sip our coffee in peace, mindlessly scrolling through Twitter and Instagram until we finish our coffees, which is when Avi turns on the TV.

"What should we do today?" He asks, pulling me impossibly closer to him.

"I'm still tired or jet lagged or something."

"I am, too. I imagine the guys are as well."

"We should have a Pentasleepover."

"A what?"

"What if we invite Kevin, Mitch, Scott, and Esther over? We can have a sleep over!"

"What?"

"We can have a movie marathon!"

"Why not?" Avi chuckles deeply.

"So, I'll text them?" I ask, picking up my phone.

"Go ahead. Tell them to supply snacks, we barely have anything. We've either eaten what we have or you got rid of it before tour."

---

Choir Nerds + Esther

You: pentasleepover + esther tonight?

Mitchy: n- UM YES

Scottybuckets: tbh im not drinking i dont feel like having a hangover tonight

King❤️: yall need to supply snacks bc kirstie is food broke

Essie: im in. what are we doing?

You: movie marathon?

Kurvy: I'm in. Es and I would probably do nothing anyways.

Essie: ..true

Scottybuckets: what kind of movies are we talking?

Mitchy: more importantly, what kind of snacks are we talking about?

King❤️: whatever you guys bring is what you can eat because we have cheez-its and thats about it

Mitchy: WHAT DO YOU ALL EAT

You: well i know how to cook tyvm

King❤️: shes really good at cooking too

Scottybuckets: oKAY BUT WHAT KIND OF MOVIES

Essie: WAIT I VOTE HARRY POTTER MARATHON

You: OOH I SECOND THAT

Mitchy: why tf not?

Scottybuckets: ONESIES?

Mitchy: ONESIES.

You: wed be the only ones in onesies

King❤️: im a party pooper

Essie: samesies

Scottybuckets: ok so no onesies onesies are only fun with friends

Mitchy: fine then

Scottybuckets: you dont count

You: sad face

King❤️: so be here at what time

Essie: 6?

You: bring lots of junk food

You: we have nothing thats not junk food its all veggies

King❤️: ew

Scottybuckets: ew

Mitchy: ew

Essie: id eat veggies

You: MY ONE FRIEND OVER HERE

Kurvy: I go to put Beyonce away for one second and I miss the end of the world, apparently.

Scottybuckets: how long does it take to put her away

Essie: "her"

Kurvy: Esther do you wanna fight?

Essie: sure

Mitchy: OKAY LETS KEEP IT PG KIDS

Scottybuckets: ^^

You: BE HERE AT 6 WITH JUNK FOOD AND BLANKETS AND PILLOWS AND ANYTHING ELSE YOU MIGHT WANT END OF STORY

Mitchy:  i wanna bring wyatt

You: good idea if you want my dogs to eat him

Scottybuckets: DONT TAKE HIM DONT TAKE HIM BABE

King❤️: "babe"

Essie: scomiche

You: otpotpotp

King❤️: it looks like you just typed pot pot pot

You: your face looks like pot

Scottybuckets: MY OTP

Mitchy: MY KAVI HEART

Kurvy: rip kesther

Essie: rip

Scottybuckets: okay so i have 2 otps

Mitchy: weve been waiting for them to date since we met avi what can you expect

Essie: welp

You: SIX. JUNK FOOD. BLANKETS. SEE YOU ALL GOODBYE.

---

"I have to walk Olaf and Pascal, come with?" I ask Avi after a couple hours of sitting on the couch. I look over to my fur babies, who perked their ears up at the mention of their names and walk in the same sentence. They really get excited when I stand up.

"Sure," he smiles, getting up. I head into my bedroom to put actual clothes on instead of pajamas and Avi follows.

Once we're both actually dressed for the day, we head out the door. I didn't do anything remotely fancy, leggings and a Pentatonix T-Shirt from one of our tours.

I hand Avi Pascal's leash and when we walk down to the park. I figure they can play while Avi and I do probably nothing. Luckily, I'm about three blocks from a quiet park surrounded by trees. It's actually quite peaceful, actually. Not many people go there considering the play ground is boring.

When we do get to the park, we take the lashes off of the dogs and let them run around. Luckily, this park and the people that come here don't really mind dogs. Avi and I find a bench near the dogs and talk for a little bit.

"Wanna swing?" he asks out of the blue, glancing at the swing set on the playground.

"Avi, we're not fi-" before I can finish my sentence he has my arm and he's pulling me towards the swings.

"We are most certainly five."

"We're grammy winning artists with paparazzi probably watching us."

"We're five."

I giggle and take my seat on a swing, gently kicking off the ground while Avi does the same.

"What if kids want to swing?" I ask.

"Sucks to suck."

I playfully roll my eyes, making sure Avi notices.

We swing for a while, talking about unimportant subjects until Olaf and Pascal come up to us, obviously ready to go home.

"I think they're ready to go," I laugh.

"I couldn't tell."

I shake my head and smile, handing Avi Pascal's leash. We make the short walk home, eventually arriving at my doorstep.

"What time is it?" I ask Avi, putting the leashes on their hooks and letting Olaf and Pascal go free.

"4."

"We should probably sleepover-ify the living room. We have two hours."

"We could always run to the grocery store and get some snacks."

"Yeah, the guys kind of suck at getting adequate snacks. Esther and Kevin might nail it, I guess. Not Scott and Mitch."

"They're too unorganized for killer snacks."

"So we're agreed, we'll head to the grocery store."

"Yep. I'll grab blankets. You get pillows."

"How many?"

"All of them you can find."

"Like, every single pillow in the house?"

"Every damn pillow, Kaplan."

"We don't even have that many pillows!"

"We have enough!" I yell from the bedroom, collecting every blanket in sight. We have enough blankets for everyone to have like, 10, and I assume people will still bring tons of blankets.

I kind of like blankets.

Especially the fuzzy kind.

I come back into the living room with an armful of fuzziness to see Avi standing around a mountain of pillows. "I collected every pillow on this floor."

"Upstairs now. I collected like, a fourth of the blankets upstairs."

"I'd help you except we have a ton of pillows on the upstairs. You were right."

"Say it louder for the people in the back, maybe?" I smirk

"Oh, shut it, Maldonado."

---

"Kavi!" We hear Mitch shout from downstairs. Of course him and Scott are the first one's here. He'd never want to miss out on a pentasleepover. Or any party, for that matter.

"It's 5:45, early much?" I ask while opening the door.

"I tried to tell him it takes ten minutes to get here, but someone didn't listen!" Scott smiles.

"Queen will do as queen will does."

"Whatever. Food and pillows and blankets?"

"Food," Mitch says, holding up a plastic bag.

"And pillows and blankets," Scott comments, a bag in his hand as well. His blankets are neatly folded, where as ours are scattered around the house.

"Great. Password accepted," I say while opening the door wider so they can come in.

"P and O might attack you," Avi warns.

"Piss off?" Mitch asks, while Scott stares at him.

"Even I know that stands for Pascal and Olaf," Scott teases.

"I died my hair blond once for a reason."

"True."

After about fifteen minutes of basically sitting on our phones and talking, Esther and Kevin show up. Well, Kevin knocks. Esther struggles with blankets and pillows in their car.

"We may have brought a few too many?" He laughs, coming in the house and setting food down in the kitchen.

"No such thing," I reply while Avi goes out to help his sister carry things. They come back with half as much pillows and blankets as we have, which is a lot.

"I brought, like, three-fourths of everything we have? Maybe too many?"

"Impossible," Mitch speaks up from his phone, which he has failed to put down.

"Alright. Let's get the movie marathon started!" Esther cheers.

"Should we order pizza?" Avi suggests. "I mean, even with all these snacks, pizza sounds really amazing."

"I second that," Scott agrees.

"And I.. third that?" Mitch replies, finally setting down the phone.

"Alright, someone wanna go get it? I'd order it but I do not need people stalking me," I laugh, Harry Potter movies in hand.

"I'll go," Kevin volunteers. "Do you want to call it in so it's ready when I get there?"

"Sure, Avi, do you want to set up the movies and blankets and all that?"

Avi gives me a single nod, doing as told.

"Does anyone want to sleep on the floor?" he asks from the living room, with no answer.

"Well, when we go to sleep we can figure something out, I guess," he says to himself, unfolding a multitude of blankets and placing them on the couch along with pillows.

"Pepperoni?" I ask, glancing at everyone, who nod their heads in response. "Yeah. Large pepperoni."

"I'll have someone to get it."

"I don't want you to deliver it."

"But I do not want you to."

"I'm not going to give you my address!"

"If you tell me you can deliver one time, I swear I will shove this phone so far up you-"

"She's not going to have it delivered," Kevin cuts in, taking my phone from me. I glare at him while Esther, Scott, and Mitch all snicker. Gotta love phone calls to pizza places.

"Great. I'll be there in ten minutes."

"I'm not a woman I'm-"

"Hello?"

He huffs in exasperation, handing me my phone back. Now I join in the laughing.

After Kevin comes back with pizza, we finally start the first movie. Somehow, all of us ended up on the floor cuddling with whoever we're dating.

"So much for the comfortable couch," Esther laughs.

"Eh," Scott shrugs. "Floors are always better."

"True," Mitch agrees.

When Hedwig's Theme comes on, we all of course sing-along, omitting Esther who videos the whole thing and presumably puts it on Instagram.

"We should do a Harry Potter medley," I laugh when it's over.

"Oh my gosh, we should," Mitch agrees.

"Or iconic movies in general," Kevin suggests.

"Eh, then I'm out."

"Same."

"Same."

"Well then."

Once the pizza is all gone, we all dig into the assortment of chocolate, chips, and other junk food everyone brought.

After the second movie, I get up to make everyone popcorn. Everyone eagerly takes it when I'm done, and I'm not quite sure how we manage to stuff so much food into our faces. We literally haven't stopped eating since the pizza.

At the end of the third movie, it's 1:45 (I actually did the math on that are yall proud yet) and everyone but Kevin is still awake. I decide to put in the fourth movie, figuring all of us will asleep during this.

I put my head on Avi's shoulder, turning to face the crook of his neck. He pulls me closer, squishing me against him. I notice Mitch is basically on top of Scott, but in an unexpectedly comfortable way. Kevin simply has his arms around Esther, who continues to shove chocolate in her mouth.

"I'm going to work out tomorrow?" she says, sounding more like she's trying to convince herself rather than me.

I shut my eyes, and I can't remember much else when I wake up in the morning.

I sit up and look around. Scott and Mitch are still asleep, and they took up the spot where Esther and Kevin used to be. I hear muffled chatter from the kitchen, so I assume that's where they are.

I swear, it's basically tour at my house.

I waddle into the kitchen and look at the two. "You found the coffee maker in my house?"

"I wanted coffee?" Esther shrugs.

"I just found the tea and a mug," Kevin replies.

"I didn't even know I had tea!"

"Well, you do. Black Tea."

"Good to know," I laugh. I head out of the kitchen and go up the stairs to my room, going through my suitcase to find an outfit to wear today. I've basically been living out of my suitcase and laundry because everything in my closet is either summery clothes or winter clothes, and I need all of those for Europe. I guess I'm just too lazy to do that laundry, but I can do the laundry of clothes I've already worn.

I come back into the kitchen to see Avi, Esther, and Kevin sitting on bar stools at the island. Avi went ahead and made coffee for himself, and I steal the rest of what he didn't pour into his cup. I guess Scott and Mitch will just have to make their own.

Soon enough, we're talking loud enough for Mitch to wake up, who wakes Scott up in the process of removing himself from Scott's arms. They come waddling into the kitchen as well, clearly upset with the lack of coffee.

"Ignorant pigs couldn't make more coffee," Mitch complains, digging through cabinets to find coffee.

After they've finally gotten their coffee and have woken up, we head back into the living room to watch more Harry Potter. This time, we end up on the couch. I'm sore from sleeping on the hard floor, and I can imagine the rest are, too. It's not exactly the most comfortable thing.

"I'd like to remind you all that we have to be at the airport by 7 in a week and a half for Dublin," Esther comments after a while of silence.

"In the morning?" Mitch complains.

"Night, actually. We've been over this."

"Wait, at night? We have to be on a plane all night?" Scott asks.

"We'd get there at 11 the next morning, Dublin time. They're 6 hours ahead of us and it's a 10 hour flight."

We all groan. Time changes and long flights are the worst.

"At least we get to spend it together?" Esther shrugs.

"We never are not together," Mitch laughs.

A/N

And over here you'll find the most boring chapter I've ever written.

actually

You'll find the longest chapter that's boring

12/1/17

WOOT WOOT IT'S DECEMBER GET OUT THE SANTA HATS

i mean i put up my christmas tree a day after thanksgiving and ive been listening to christmas music since august but that's besides the point

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.3K 1.6K 20
I decided to write a short story. Sorry, not sorry.
9.2K 391 20
Kirstin Maldonado had the perfect set of friends, family, and fans. And when he stepped into her life, things got even better. But a devastating loss...
9.8K 399 36
"Mitch he can't continue to treat you like a secret." "But Kirstie you don't understand, I am a secret..." Scott and Mitch have been keeping a secret...
566 25 41
[discontinued due to lack of inspiration and mo longer being in the fandom. Sorry] Fourth book in the Can't Say series. These past few months have be...