Luke Jackson: My Story

By Lward14

NOTE: SEQUEL TO PERCABETH: A NEW BEGINNING Teenager Luke Jackson just wants a normal life and never asked for... More

Author's Note & Cast
Introduction
Reunion
Quest and a Prophecy
The Trip to Washington
Stone Heart
Basketballs and Winter Break
Happy New Year! Part Two
Happy Birthday Lauren!
Dancing in the Dark
Prom and Drama
Confessions
The Last Day of School
The Fourth of July Dance
The Best Date Ever
College Acceptance Letters
The Devil Sent From Hades Himself Strikes
Lost
Prom Story
Graduation
The Best Day Ever
A Jackson Family Christmas

Happy New Year! Part One

1.1K 7 6
By Lward14

I'd finally convinced my mom to let me go to Chandler's New Years Eve party, since everyone was sixteen so we could all drive. Marcus offered to take Troy and I to the party and after some convincing, our parents determined that we had to be home no later than one.

We were supposed to look relatively nice, Ruth and Lauren were going with the speech and debate team so the four of us wouldn't be able to walk in together. But we'd agreed to meet up there later. As for us three, Marcus had plans in hopes to hit it off with Andrea tonight at the party and Troy was hoping to talk to Anna. As for me, I was likely going to have a drink, hopefully run into Lauren and Ruth and Uber home as soon as possible. Parties just weren't really my thing mostly because I hated being around that many people.

I wore a white shirt, jeans and a black bomber jacket. I figured it wasn't too classy or to informal, and if I didn't need the jacket I would still look casual anyway. Lena was having a field day with me trying to get me to wear something nice. And even though Lena was in seventh grade, she had an eye for clothing and style.

While I waited in the kitchen until six thirty, my mom took tons of pictures, which unnecessary but I suffered through it. Five minutes later, I heard Marcus honk the horn from outside, I said goodbye to my siblings then my dad pulled me aside in the mud room.

"Listen son, I want you to have fun and all, I want you to be careful okay? Don't do anything you'll regret ok?" His sea green eyes were firm with worry woven into them.

"Don't worry about me dad, I just have to be smarter than everyone else, it's just like school. Don't drink anything I'm not comfortable with and don't do or say anything stupid. I know, you don't need to worry about me, it's the others you'll have to worry about." I bumped his shoulder.

"I know, I know. You're a good kid, just wanted to remind you. Now go have fun, be back by one. No later." My dad ruffled my hair.

"Thanks dad, I'll see you tomorrow, happy New Year." I smiled gratefully at him.

"Happy New Year son, go on and have fun." My dad gave me a quick hug before I marched out the door to meet Troy and Marcus in his mother's mini van.

"Marcus, why are you driving a minivan? We'll be the laughing stock of the party." I snickered as I shut the car door behind me.

"That's what I said," Troy elbowed Marcus.

"Listen, I already told you once, and I'm not saying it again after this. My dad wouldn't let me take his Camry cause he has a meeting. This was the only option or have my mom drive, I figured this would be less humiliating." Marcus groaned.

"Yeah, at least we can park far away and hide this." I mentioned.

"So, I heard Andrea brought the entire cheer squad. The Snapchat stories are blowing up, this is gonna be the best one yet." Marcus grinned mischievously.

"Well Anna Prescott brought the team there, I need to figure out how to single her out." Troy said, meeting my eyes in the rear view mirror.

"What happened to bros before hoes?" I asked jokingly.

"Welcome to high school parties Luke, it's all about flirting and dancing with girls. Loosen up a bit, and remember except for Marcus; we, Luke Jackson, can get any girl we want." Troy whooped.

"Troy you ass, I can get anyone I want. Anyways, Luke, you have to butter Andrea up for me, it's the only way I'll get a shot with her." Marcus was practically drooling at the wheel when he spoke Andrea's name.

"If you want her you get her. I can't stand that girl. She's so clingy it makes me nauseous just thinking about her." I never liked Andrea to begin with, She was too pouty and whiny and it was obvious that she was fake nice to everyone she met. 

"Come on, please man. I have some info about Lauren." Marcus tried to sway me.

"No, if I want info I can just text her. Nice try, go figure this out for yourself, she's all yours." I concluded as Marcus parked the van about two blocks away.

"Damn it's freezing." Troy shivered.

"I'll say," I chattered. We jogged up to the front door of Chandler's huge house. The house was grand, it was very well designed with the old stone structure, big windows and three stories.

"Troy, Marcus, Luke! Dudes, get in here, you're missing all the fun!" Bryce opened the door, the pulsating music and the disco lights engulfed us in dimly lit room. People shouted and danced and raised red solo cups.

There was a DJ station in the corner by the huge fireplace, Lars was at the controls, he was talented when it came to mixtapes and music. But from what I could see, he had way too much to drink, he could hardly stand on his own two feet.

"This is wild, man!" Marcus shouted, but it was barely audible. There was no way I'd be staying here till midnight, I might get an Uber home earlier than I thought. This was way too loud for my taste, also, based on the uncontrolled chaos, I knew something bad was bound to happen.

"I know right, the cheerleaders are over there in the kitchen. Come on boys, let's have some fun!" Bryce bellowed, as he led us into the kitchen, I stayed behind. I wasn't going anywhere near that kitchen, I didn't even plan on staying on the main floor.

I think my ears must've been bleeding, my brain felt like it was bouncing inside my skull. How was this fun? The voice in my head tried to shout over the noise. I covered my ears, desperate for a place that was quieter and had no people.

I ran upstairs, turned a corner and ran until the stairs came to an end. Up here it was probably as close to quiet as I'd get. The music from downstairs seemed to send vibrations through the walls, the shouts and screams were muffled but still audible. "WHAT'S UP WEST HIGH!"

"SPEECH AND DEBATE IS HERE, BITCHES!" I heard someone shout. I jumped up, maybe Lauren and I could hang out and complain about how loud this party was. I forced myself to walk down the the three flights of stairs just as the last girl had entered. I scanned the crowd, usually I could point Lauren out out in a second. But I couldn't see her, I didn't see her curly brown hair or her cute nervous posture.

I pushed my way through the hot and sweaty high schoolers jumping up down by the DJ. Something in the kitchen did catch my attention, it was a girl, swaying side to side in a little black dress. Her hair was piled on her head in a messy bun. Her back was turned but they way she moved and danced to the music drew me towards her. I took cautious steps, carefully maneuvering around people in order to reach the kitchen.

For a moment I stopped, I needed to remind myself that I liked Lauren and only Lauren. But the way this girl danced was not in a sexy way or anything, but pulled me towards her. The way she danced was like she was free, when you dance in your room alone to your favorite song, I admired this girl's confidence.

I started walking towards the girl in the little black dress before my vision was clouded with pink, "Lukey? I didn't think you'd be here tonight." An all to familiar voice cooed.

"Hey Andrea, happy New Year." I tried to politely shove her aside, my eyes still locked on the girl in the black dress.

"Did you come here for me Lukey? Aw you're so sweet, the answer is yes, I'll be your girlfriend." She threw her arms around me. I snapped out of my daze and shoved her off aggressively this time.

"What? No, Andrea, please leave me alone. Have you seen Lauren?" I tried to change the subject.

"Why would you want to see Lauren when I'm right here, come on baby. Let's go somewhere alone." She walked her fingers up my chest, rocking back and forth. It that was clear that she'd had too much to drink and wasn't in her right mind.

"No Andrea. I think Marcus is looking for you, go somewhere with someone who wants you." That last part came out a little harsh but she had to leave me alone.

"Want me? Lukey, everyone wants me. I know you do too, come on, let's start the New Year off right." She purred seductively, and bit her lip.

"Andrea, leave me alone!" I shoved her against the wall away from me. I heard her gasp but I couldn't care less. I bolted into the kitchen, I approached the girl in the black dress, I must not have been thinking clearly cause I touched her shoulder. She stopped dancing, her shoulders tightened up and she straightened her posture.

"Hey, I'm sorry to startle you but I saw you dancing and—" the girl turned around, the startling look in her eyes made me feel like I'd been slapped across the face. "Lauren?" I gasped.

"Oh, uh, hey Luke." She raised her hand to push a strand of hair behind her ears, her hair was up but it was an old habit that had always been cute.

Neither of us could say anything, I don't think I've ever seen Lauren in a dress. The dress she wore was black as night, but when the light hit it, it shined like a disco ball. Her hair was up in a bun, her face had some makeup, but barely any was applied. Lauren didn't need makeup, she was already pretty without it. The dress looked a little tight on her, showing curves I never knew she had. It was also a little short, showing everyone how long and strong her legs were. I noticed she was taller than me, I gazed down to see that she was wearing shiny, golden heels. When did Lauren ever wear heels? And who convinced her to wear them?

"You look nice," I heard Lauren's voice say, she tightened her shoulders and crossed her legs in her nervous, defensive way. Gods she was cute when she did that.

"Oh, uh, thanks. You look...wow." Was all I was able to say. I wanted to tell her she looked pretty, I wanted to tell her that the dress looked really sexy on her. I wanted to tell her that she was easily the prettiest person at this party. But I couldn't, I was lost for words, my mouth was probably hanging open. I probably looked stupid but I felt like I was frozen. The lights overhead outlined her and she glowed like a goddess.

"Thanks," Lauren said, the two of us just stood there, unable to say anything to each other. Which was dumb because I'd known her for most of my life, she was my best friend, we've never felt this awkward around each other. "Uh, are you gonna say something, or just stand there like an idiot?" Lauren tried to ease the awkwardness between us. I think I laughed, maybe smiled, I'm not sure.

The longer I stared at her the more and more I was helplessly pulled into her trance. She was so beautiful and she had no idea. "Sorry, I just...you're just...you look really pretty Laur." I must've stammered like an idiot and my face must've flushed bright red because her cheeks blushed red from under her make up.

She reached to twirl a strand of hair that wasn't there, gods why was she adorable when she did that? I took a step closer to her, her hair looked nice, but I think we both liked it down better. I reached my arm up and took out the bobbie pins and the hair tie, holding her hair tightly above her head. Her hair fell down and bounced in slow motion like hair does in commercials, her eyes softened and met mine, they were striking and I loved that they met mine.

"Thanks, it felt like my face was being stretched." Lauren laughed shyly.

"No problem, your hair looks better down. Wild and free, just like you." I tucked a strand of her soft chestnut hair behind her ears, an old habit of mine.

Lauren rested her head on my hand, her cheeks felt so soft against my hand, she blinked slowly, like she was in a dream. Her green and brown irises swirled and mixed together perfectly, then I watched her eyes close slowly. This was it, I was finally going to kiss her. I closed my eyes and gently pulled her head towards mine. I could feel the warm air from her breathing brush against my skin, and my heart pounded in my ears. This was it, this was already exhilarating and I hadn't even kissed her yet.

Then the world shook and all I saw was black and I heard Lauren gasp.

"Ouch, gods what happened?" I found myself on the floor, apparently someone had bumped into me and giving us a drunken laugh. I rolled my eyes, gods that could've been my chance. But in a way I was ok with this, this wasn't exactly the ideal place for our first kiss. I wanted it to be memorable and private, not in the middle of chaos infested with drunk high schoolers.

"Luke, are you ok?" Lauren asked, her figure glowing above me.

"I'm alright." I answered, now snapped out Lauren's trance.

"I slapped Carrie, she fell into you. That bitch." Lauren growled.

That made me laugh, "yeah she's a bitch. Would you like to dance?" I asked, offering her my hand.

"Thought you'd never ask, bird brain. But I'm not that good at it." Lauren laughed.

"Don't worry, I'm terrible too. Remember the dance unit last year?" I grinned in memory, I was probably the worst dancer in our school.

"Oh gods yes, I remember." Lauren laughed and led me into an open space by the DJ station away from the speakers. For the longest time the two of us danced, spinning, laughing and just having a good time. Lauren was a liar, she was a great dancer, was there anything she couldn't do? After a while I felt parched, I think Lauren was too.

"Hey, I can get some water if you want." I offered.

"I got it, I'll be right back." Lauren said quickly and shoved her way towards the kitchen. I stayed in the same spot dancing by myself like an idiot, but it was fun.

After a few minutes Lauren hadn't come back yet, I was worried so I wandered towards the kitchen, until I heard someone scream, "somebody help me!"

A/N: dun, dun, da. Cliffhanger, I had to make this chapter two parts, it would be way too long for one. Hope you guys like the story!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.9K 315 15
There is something strange going on in Beacon Hills, and it most likely will be in here, so sharpen your fangs, practice your howl and buckle up, cau...
2.2M 115K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
8K 56 9
Imani and Dustin have been dating since 5 grade but joining 7 grade has made thier relationship go in all kinds of hell
30.4K 833 11
➟ π™π™π™šπ™žπ™§ 𝙂π™ͺπ™–π™§π™™π™žπ™–π™£ π˜Όπ™£π™œπ™šπ™‘ π™ͺπ™£π™™π™šπ™§ π™©π™π™šπ™žπ™§ π™Ÿπ™ͺπ™™π™œπ™šπ™’π™šπ™£π™© Chased by problems, Countries try to run away only to trip and fall...