Living In The Greatest City I...

By philocalic

(COMPLETED) What happens when the entire Hamilton group is in the 21st century - and are in college? Stuck... More

Chapter 1: The Introductions Of A Potentially Hazardous Group
Chapter 2: The Envious Confessions of a Slightly Drunk Couple
Chapter 3: Maria Reynolds Protection Squad
Chapter 4: The Kid - I Mean, Turtle, Angel Schuyler-Laurens
Chapter 5: Girl Problems, Boy Problems, Wait, Ice Cream!
Chapter 6: Lessons about French and Smoking Sunflowers
Chapter 7: I Hate You, I Like You, No, It's Awkward Again
Chapter 8: TurtleBoi Passes Out
Chapter 9: Dates, Double Dates, Triple Dates, I Don't Know The Word...
Chapter 10: Close Your Mouth, I know I'm Beautiful
Chapter 11: That American Fizzy Magic
Chapter 12: The Angelic Angel Angelica
Chapter 13: Daddy Told Me Not To Have Relationships...?
Chapter 14: Petite Poisson, nagent/Small Fish, swim
Chapter 15: Take A Break (Or I'll Make You)
Chapter 16: Everyone Ships It
Chapter 17: Kitchen Duty - Doody
Chapter 18: Schuyler, Schuyler, Schu - well - Hamilton, Wait, Schuyler?
Chapter 19: Wait!
Chapter 20: This Is What We Call "A Bad Nurse"
Chapter 21: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
Chapter 22: Will You Throw Away Your Shot?
Chapter 23: Hurt
Chapter 24: Helplessly Helpless
Chapter 25: Thank You and A Small DEH Question!
Chapter 26: No One Deserves To Disappear
Chapter 27: What Happened In The Room
Chapter 28: Say No, Alex
Chapter 29: Congratulations, Hope You're Satisfied
Chapter 30: That's How You Know You Messed Up
Chapter 31: Him
Chapter 33: The Fashion Major Strikes Again
Chapter 34: Just Fix It!
Chapter 35: I Mean, They Pop Out Randomly, Like Toasters
Chapter 36: How To Ditch A Wedding 101
Chapter 37: Now, This Is A Wedding
Chapter 38: Wait... What?
Chapter 39: Nobody Needs To Know
Chapter 40: Lady Issues
Chapter 41: The Baby Project Starts
Chapter 42: Beware Of The Fatal Pillows
Chapter 43: Schuyler → Hamilton, Peggy → ... Who?
Chapter 44: Your Hotness, Eliza: Making Things Worse Since 1757!
Chapter 45: This A-fork-able Group
Chapter 46: Love In The Air In The Greatest City In The World
Epilogue: The Crazy Kids Of New York
Epilgoue 2: The Private And Intimate Life Of The House
Epilogue 3: Here and Queer
Epilogue 4: The Mess I Call My Family
Other Stories!

Chapter 32: Let It Go

626 19 77
By philocalic

TW: Plz don't hurt my smol confused bab he's too sad to see straight don't beat him up over this. HIS TRUE LOVE JUST DIED CUT HIM SOME SLACK PLS, wait why is this a tw

Alex's POV

Alex walked into the dark alleyway, immediately regretting his decisions. It was too dark. He should've turned back.

No, you've got to clear the slate between you two and him and this is how.

But was walking in a shady alley towards someone who's always hated him really the best course of action?

Probably not.

But Alex was known for making stupid decisions.

"Hello?" Alex walked tentatively down the alley, pausing when he heard an odd sound.

"The heck, Thomas? Where are you?" Alexander kept walking until he saw Thomas.

"Look, what the heck is going on?" Alex confronted Thomas angrily.

"It's your fault," he said quietly.

Alex backed up slightly. "What're you talking about?"

Thomas glared at him, his eyes full of pain and hurt.

"He had to die because of you!" Thomas took out his pocket knife.

Alex's heartbeat quickened. "Thomas, let's not do anything rash."

"A life for a life," Thomas slowly advanced to Alex, who kept walking backwards.

"Look, I get your upset, you should talk about it." Alexander tripped on a soda can.

Dang it.

Alex desperately tried to get up, but fear clung to him, pulling him down.

Help, help.

If he could reach his phone, then maybe he could call 911... then what? Would they even come on time? He could be dead by -

"What's going on here?" Angelica seemed pissed before she noticed what was in Thomas's hand.

"Thomas..." Angelica's voice trailed off.

"Leave. This is between us." Thomas was gaining on Alex, who was still on the ground, paralyzed with fear. Angelica saw her chance. She sprinted in front of Alexander. Angie may have not been in the cross country team but she made it in time.

"No!" Thomas's knife grazed her cheek.

Angelica knelt to the ground, cupping her cheek. "Go home, Alexander."

"But Angie!"

"Go. Home." Angelica stared him down. Alex took one last look at Thomas, who wouldn't meet his eyes.

Angie's POV

Angelica got up. Her face was red with blood. "Shoot. Thomas, that was a real nice declaration."

Thomas still refused to meet anyones eyes.

"But you gotta see the present, we're living in a real nation. Would you like to join us? Or stay mellow doing whatever the heck it is you do here in this dumpster." Angelica started to walk back to the dorms. Thomas remained unmoving. "Let's go. We got to get to my dorm and I need someone to cover me."

Thomas silently followed Angelica to her dorm, all the while looking down with his hoodie pulled over his head and his hands in his pockets.

"Real emo, Thomas," Angie scoffed, unlocking her dorm. "Eliza?" No reply.

"Help me get the first aid kit," Angelica gestured to her bathroom.

Thomas made no move to help.

"Oh my god, Thomas!" Angelica grabbed the kit and started swabbing at her face. Thomas watched as she winced. The swab became completely red with blood.

"Jeez, at least try to help me," Angie huffed, reaching for another swab

Thomas lowered his eyes. "Everything's my fault, isn't it?"

Angelica sighed. "That's not true."

Thomas scoffed. "Look what I did to you! I basically killed my boyfriend. I nearly killed Hamilton. I broke apart two relationships. In what, the span of a week?"

"Ok, well, it wasn't exactly your fault. James had a part, too."

Thomas sighed. "I'm the villain in our history, Angie. I was too... young and blind to see. I should've known the world was wide enough for both Hamilton and me."

"You say that as if people are going to look back at us and make a musical about this."Angelica rolled her eyes.

Thomas nearly laughed. "Where did that even come from?"

"MIRANDA IS LIKE THE BEST MUSICAL OF ALL TIME."

Thomas actually laughed now. "Yeah, I agree. Lin is pretty hot."

"Yes! But Anthony Ramos!" Angelica seemed to literally swoon.

"I've missed talking to you, Angie. I've wanted to apologize for... what happened... when I dumped you," Thomas said awkwardly.

"I get it, you came out and turned out you didn't like me and our entire relationship was built on lies," she said sarcastically

Thomas smiled. "You're too understanding. But that doesn't wipe the tears or the years away."

"Let it go, Thomas, live to fight another day."

Thomas shook his head firmly. "I nearly killed someone today. I made you and Laurens break up, and ruined another relationship."

Angie shrugged. "We all make mistakes, sometimes they're for the better."

Thomas grabbed her shoulders. "How do you not get it? I should be in jail! Heck, dead!"

"Thomas, you're 21, this is, like, the prime time to make dumb mistakes!"

"Angie! Stop! You can't treat this like... like it's me flunking a test, or stealing a cookie! I'm a real life villain. I don't deserve any of this."

"Look, James wasn't your fault." Angelica held Thomas's hands.

Thomas wiped a tear roughly away. "And everything reminds me of him. Like that corridor? The first time we kissed. The courtyard? Start of our third date, September 23rd."

"He made you happy, Thomas. I guess that's what I hated about you. I was jealous. We used to have that."

"I'm sorry for everything Angie. Please tell Hamilton... I'm sorry." Thomas gulped away a sob.

"The past is in the past, let it go."

Thomas smiled slightly. "I think I need a fresh start. I'm switching colleges. Leaving. I've always had a couple of options who'd accept me. Maybe... maybe I can move on."

"What? Are you sure that's the best course of action?"

"Yes, I know it is. I'll never be able to live, remembering everything that happened here. Goodbye, Angie. It sucks that we didn't have more time as friends, but you understand?"

"I do, and I support it. Maybe a fresh start is what we all need." Angie's mind went to John, and his fresh start, which she had ruined.

Thomas hugged Angie. "Thanks Angie. I'll be gone by tomorrow."

Angie watched Thomas leave the room.

In the place of his retreating shadow, stood another one.

oOo

John's POV

Thomas nodded at John before finally realizing who he just saw.

"Holy shi - " Thomas looked almost afraid.

"Save it," John said coolly, hiding his jealousy. "Also, I'm sorry for your loss."

John was about to walk in before Thomas caught his arm.

"She's a hard one, but she really loves you." Thomas said. "Don't screw it up."

John shook his arm away, wondering what that was about.

"John? JOHN!" Angie ran over to him and attacked him with a hug.

John laughed coldy. "I was gone for a day."

"I know but you said you'd be back next week and I thoug - "

"Well, I guess you thought wrong." John's voice had a slight edge to it.

"What's wrong?" Angelica looked John in the eye.

"What was he doing here?" John's eyes grew cold.

"He's going through a thing John," Angelica rolled her eyes. "I had to help him."

John's eyes traveled to her cheek. "Who the hell did this? Was it him?"

Angelica's eyes widened the slightest bit. John never cursed. Heck, he couldn't even say that word during the unit on Dante's Inferno, where you had to use that word at least once in your essay. "It's nothing, I just accidently hurt myself with a paring knife."

Wait a minute.

Is John... jealous?

John's eyes softened, and he put a hand on her cheek. Angie didn't flinch like she used to.

"Angie, you've gotta stop chasing those kinds of people. He's not right on the head. He nearly ruined Alex's reputati - "

"John, he's gay." Angelica chuckled at John's face.

"He's what?" John looked almost relieved.

"Yeah, that's why we broke up." Angelica touched John's nose lightly. "So you can stop with the jealousy act."

John looked defensive. "Jealous? I ain't jealous, I can handle anyone," John looked at Angie, who was trying not to giggle, 'cause there was nothing that his mind couldn't do. "Whatever. Is the wedding back on?"

"Yeah, and Herc's the flower girl."

John raised an eyebrow.

"Don't ask."

"We need to get matching clothes," John exclaimed, dragging Angie outside.

"Wait," Angie stopped short. "Are we cool?"

John smiled. "Always."

For forever.

Depressing chapter. 

But that's okay because Eliza's (Our Eliza) is turning old tomorrow, so she's depressed.

YAY!

By the way, we're actually not that old.

- Angie, Liza

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 45.6K 52
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
15.3K 240 9
In this the whole kid cast are in high school! Its just easier that way! After Logan learns a game from his friends he decides to play it, lucky for...
2.2M 116K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
22.9K 426 37
✨ Zodiac ✨ The Italian and English Mafias (the English prefer the term 'gang' but Mafia sounds cooler) have decided to form an alliance. Aquarius, on...