An Evermore Ardour

By valliraghu

He was as white as snow, his feelings were pure as the rain drop. She was the breeze to his calm heart , she... More

Description and Details.
The Conclusion.
Crazy... In Love?!
The Agony Of Hearts.
Gratitude
The Unloved Onlooker.
Alluring Exploration.
Bewitching Brawl.
Update

Her Smile, His Armor.

1.1K 132 98
By valliraghu

Eventful.

There could never be a better word to explain Nandini's life in the past 72 hours. From getting ready for the redundant engagement to being abducted by a mere stranger, she has gone through all kind of emotions.

Above all her unmindful offering of the very first kiss, of her life to her abductor!

The very thought of the kiss, churned her stomach. She had this unknown feeling of undoing the former act, be it the passive kiss or the impetuous slap.

She did reflex to the kiss with a tight slap, Nandini herself was surprised with the act.

She was never this daring.

This guy who abducted her, made her realise those unexplored traits.

She immediately regretted the slap, though he deserved it for violating her physically. She was never handled this way, and this situation got the worst out of her. She dreaded the after effects of the slap.

What if he does more?

What if he wants a revenge for slapping him?

She was confused,  didn't know how a guy would feel after getting slapped for the kiss?

Maybe he would be raging like a mad bull now!

Planning ways to torture her in the worst way possible?

These nightmare thoughts caused a broken dam from her eyes , she started sobbing and cursing herself for the act.

She didn't commit a sin!

Did she?

Papa would be proud, if he comes to know that she rewarded a slap for a kiss, but before that the guy would be deep down in the grave.

All these extra mile thoughts and emotions clouded her head and she was close to passing out. She found it hard to keep her eyes open, even before she could  try she fell limp on the bed.

With dried tears and unknown fear, she slipped into oblivion expecting an escape.

If not real at least the momentary virtual escape.

Manik, measuring the length of his study room for about half an hour gritting his teeth repenting his impulses. He was totally nonchalant of the stained fist, bleeding and paying no heed to the stinging pain he was drowning in a pool of guilt.

He for sure detested himself for raising his hands at her. He was insane, mad, a demon. But he would never assault a woman physically, and this sudden realisation about him nearly hitting her disturbed him in ways one couldn't explain.

He wanted to calm himself, he wanted to erase the past deed. He really wanted to.Reminiscing the kiss, he slipped into horizon imaging things which he would likely do to her, only if she was in the same wavelength as he's.

The kiss led to the slap and guilt overpowered him again, maybe it'd take a eon for him to forget it. He went straight to the nearest wall hitting it hard , injuring his already worn out fist. Angry young man is angry at his own self and the destruction is alarming.

On hearing the resonating sound Cabir rushed to the study , even before he could locate Manik, the drops of blood on the floor led him to his destination.

Cabir was shocked to see him bleeding.

He was done with this guy!

Either he destroys other stuffs or ends up hurting himself. Being with this hulk for eternity he should be used to this. But Manik's way or releasing his anger was brand new every other moment, hence the annoyance.

"May I know why are your hands covered with red paint? Are you trying any new art form, like painting through fist?"quipped Cabir expecting the answer which he wouldn't get if it was a straight question.

"Does it look like paint to you? Or am I looking like a fool?" Manik glared at Cabir for being ridiculously annoying with his pathetic jokes even at the most serious situations.

"I don't know for the former and definitely yes for the latter!" Cabir shrugged his shoulders and walked passed Manik.

" I hit the glass which was on the table and then punched the wall hard." muttered Manik examining his wounds for the very first time.

"And why did you do so? Any new form of painting which I should know?" Cabir rejoined innocently.

"Cabir, enough!" annoyed Manik let out an exasperated sigh expecting Cabir to cease his not so hilarious show.

"Care to explain then?" Cabir for sure knew his ways to make Manik confess everything.

" I kissed Nandini!" revealed Manik earning a loud chuckle from Cabir.

"And she asked you to hit your hands on the wall betting for another kiss?" now that annoyed the hell out of Manik.

"Cabir stop it!" spoke an irritated Manik, to which Cabir raised his hands showing that he's surrendered.

" She slapped me, so I reacted by raising my hands to slap her in return" Manik hung his head low, being ashamed to meet Cabir.

"Wow! Like seriously!" beamed Cabir while Manik sat there being clueless of his over excitement.

"I didn't know Nandini was this brave! She should've done this long back when you got her here, to start with! I'm happy that you're in safe hands now Manik!" Cabir stated wiping his false tears as he continued," if at all you go out of your mind , Nandini would smack that thick skull bringing you back, finally I can die peacefully!" as he completed Manik threw a punch at Cabir which he ducked effortlessly.

Finally Manik was distracted from the self harming and detesting session, all thanks to Cabir who knows each and every nerve of his buddy.

He took out the first aid kit and started dressing Manik's wounds, forcefully. Manik was lost in his thoughts about Nandini, how she would be feeling and felt bad for not looking on her after the last meet.

It's quite sometime since he gave her the food, hoping she would've eaten already he exited his room to check on her.

Opening the door, he walked towards the bed to see her lying in a uncomfortable position. He held her arms and scooped her up, made her lie on the bed so she doesn't end up having cramps.

He noticed those dried tears, him being reason the behind her swollen face and fatigued state.

Cabir stood behind Manik, taking in his reactions and how delicate he was with Nandini. He was altogether different, his touches were feather soft.

His womaniser of a friend, who knew nothing more than changing girls from time to time and handling them as he wanted is whipped to a limit where there's a dead end.

Manik too out his handkerchief and wiped Nandini's face making sure she doesn't wake up. He found a deep cut on her bottom lip which had freshly dried drop of her blood. He skimmed his fingers over the bruise and recalled his act , got reminded how desire took over and he ended up giving her is wound.

On the gentle touch of his hand, Nandini frowned in her sleep, stirring a bit. Manik withdrew his fingers and cursed himself for being a little wild with her on their very first kiss.

Cabir noticed the guilt face and walked out of the room, returned back and tapped Manik's shoulder while he was too busy in the self abusing session.

Manik looked upto the ointment which Cabir had got and his face flushed being caught by his friend.

He had kissed many girls in front of Cabir during parties, but an intimate moment shared with Nandini was totally different. His wild act on display to Cabir was mortifying, him telling about the kiss and Cabir seeing how hard it was by himself were two different situations and Manik blushed for the first time ever!

On sensing an air of awkwardness Cabir vocalised, " I'm a psychiatrist but you seem to make me do all these kind of work Manik." to which Manik scratched his head not wanting to meet his eyes. It's been quite a few hours since Cabir met Manik, he has discovered various shades of him already!

Nandini for sure brings the worst and best out of Manik, knowingly or unknowingly.

Cabir tapped Manik's shoulder in a friendly way and walked out of the room.

Manik caressed her lips again and applied the ointment gently so she doesn't wake up, the stinging sensation of the gel caused Nandini to stir a bit.

Manik bent over to face her completely and looked at her lovingly, he had a clear view of the cut and blew air over it to soothe the irritation. After making sure her wound is taken care of, he switched off the lights, closed the window and exited the room.

Cabir was waiting for Manik in the garden area, after the embarrassing encounter with Nandini, love of Manik's life. Ever since Manik crossed paths with Nandini, his life was a roller coaster of revelations and confusions. In all those tricky situations Cabir was the only one who stood by him, being the support and strength.

Manik walked to Cabir, with his hands inside pant pockets and nervousness written all over his face. Cabir grinned to see this blushing Manik.

"Hey!" mewed Manik, not knowing to continue further.

"Hi! I'm Cabir, Cabir Dhawan. Just lost my gutsy friend Manik Malhotra! Can you help me find him?" and there he goes, Cabir tried to ease the situation again.

"Really Cabir?" glared Manik.

"Yes really! Are you going to go all shy types now? Just coz I saw what happened some time back?! Come on Manik! We are way passed those stages." he slightly hugged Manik, making him realise their closeness and that he need not get embarrassed.

" I don't know Cabir, it's just that I'm ashamed of myself for behaving that way with Nandini." sighed Manik looking at his feet.

" Hmm. I understand Manik, you have to be careful with her. As I've told you earlier, she's different. Nothing like other girls who fall for you even when you are least bothered about them. She needs to be handled with care, now that you've got her here against her will and she's clueless about it, you've to be far more careful. Don't hurt her. Try going easy on her Manik. She needs to know lot of stuffs, you can't keep her under the cover for lifetime! Can you ?!" reasoned Cabir while Manik was lost in his own thought process.

" Cabir, I seriously don't know how to take it forward! The thought of her getting engaged to that rogue triggered me and I behaved impulsive. I did arrange things so that no one comes in search of her, but I'm totally lost not knowing how to pursue Nandini. Like really really lost!" and here Cabir witnessed another shade of Manik Malhotra! The doubtful and whiny Malhotra.

" Wow! What a change over Manik!!!" Cabir wriggled his eye brows at Manik indicating how he has changed from being the angry hulk to a whiny kid who don't know how to take care of his delicate doll.

" Cabir shut up! And help me with it!" he ordered Cabir.

" To start with Manik! The rogue you mentioned here is not really one to Nandini. He's a close friend of her, she might actually mistake you for the rogue as you've given enough reasons!" Cabir declared the obvious to an agitated Manik.

" Manik, you should know that she's totally a Dad's princess, now you've gotten her away and expect her to stay calm , listen to your dictation? Not happening ever!" Manik began to sulk listening the wisdom of truth sprayed by Cabir .

" You need to understand that she was  unaware of your presence unlike you , who stalked her day and night literally over the past six months! Take it slow Manik. With this impulse you'd get nowhere." Cabir pressed Manik's shoulder slightly.

" But Cabir, for how long? I need to find a way to clear all the mess as soon as possible." Manik was debating within himself than asking to Cabir.

" Why can't you understand Manik?! She doesn't remember a damn thing! Why talk about her? Did you remember? " Manik shot his head up eyeing Cabir , taking in his words.

" You were obsessed with her Manik! You didn't know the reason yourself, until the accident. And you suddenly recollected your past which happened some 220 years ago!!!!" totally irritated Cabir broke Manik's trance with this declaration.

" Give her sometime! I doubt if you would continue to play with her mind, she would hardly recall any of the past happenings. Go slow and easy on her! Rather frightening her, try behaving in a nice way. She might actually try to understand you and won't be surprised or look at you like you're an alien when you'd disclose about your past! And I'll help you with it, once the right time arrives. Now go! Go and make sure she's ok. If you can, please apologise for raising your hands at her!" finished Cabir putting some brain into Manik.

" You don't have to remind me about apologising. I would've done that anyways." dismissed Manik walking towards Nandini's room.

Nandini was up and after having the fresh juice got by the maid, she sat straight thinking about her next plan. She can't sit like this, forever. There should be a way.

She was reasoning out with herself, finally she decided to behave good with Manik. Maybe she can take some time, gain his confidence and then run away from this place? The idea felt better than her past idiotic conclusions.

She stepped out of the bed rushing to the door, opening the latch she was welcomed with Manik who mirrored the same action as her's.

His eyes held a different emotion each time he looked at her. This time it held an unsaid apology which she saw with her naked eyes.

"Ammmm, going somewhere?" Manik inquired Nandini without meeting her eyes.

" No! Just wanted to meet you and tell something" these words caught him off guard. The thought of Nandini looking for him and telling it to him was a shocker.

" Well, I came looking for you as well! Wanted to tell something" Manik looked at her for the first time since the slap.

" I'm sorry!" he confessed earnestly.

A totally bewildered Nandini glanced at Manik as he was from another planet, she composed herself and replied, " you should be! After all you stole my first kiss" she decided to tell the former, latter slipped her mouth unknowingly which made her face palming inwardly.

"Huh?!" Manik looked confused and continued, " I apologised for raising my hands at you but not for kissing you! That was my love for you, which came out suddenly. You really pissed me when you said you won't cross my path ever!" Whined Manik while Nandini was clueless , she confirmed he was possessed.

One moment he goes all hulk and the next moment he behaves this way and the flip of the moment he's all cool and composed.

" I'll make it up for you, you can ask me whatever you want!" Manik said truly.

Nandini's eyes twinkled with joy, knowing what she might ask Manik added, " Except the one which is going in your mind!" .

Nandini looked defeated and replied, " I want to talk to Papa! I never went this long without talking to him! Please make me talk to him?"

Manik melted with her sweet words, it's a first that she requested him something and he wouldn't deny her!

" Ok! I'll make you speak to Mr.Murthy tomorrow!" Nandini felt the victory after her first step was established successfully. Hoping she would take it slow and achieve what she wanted she bobbed her head at Manik.

" And one more thing? I'm too bored! You don't even let me out of this room and its suffocating? Can you please allow me to go out and breathe in some fresh air?" She requested him feeling devastated with the compacted room.

" Amm. If you want so? You for sure can go down, take a walk in the garden. Watch some shows or do whatever you want. But if I get to know that you're trying something against my will? You'd have to see the worst of me! And I wouldn't even apologise for what I would be doing! Is that clear?" Manik tried threatening Nandini.

" Fine! I won't!" For a moment Nandini felt her plan had taken a step back, but she was happy that there's some lone time for her and she can plan something further. She passed him her most cute smile as a thanking gesture.

Her smile did wonders to Manik.

After so many frowns, Nandini finally welcomed him with a smile. This thought gave him a new found determination to make things alright.

He would try and win her love!

Her smile was His Armor,
To safeguard their Evermore Ardour.
-Own.

Rate the Chapter out of 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟

Comments and Criticisms welcomed.

Loads of Love ❤️
ValliRaghuRaman ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.3K 1.3K 5
Manik Malhotra A passionate singer..a rockstar who has so much inside his heart Nandini Moorthy A simple fun loving girl.... They meet ..they share...
44.1K 3K 55
When we say "Manan", we see stars,fireflies,friendship,anger, possessiveness,betrayal,misunderstandings BUT most of all LOVE. In this story we will d...
296K 31.1K 33
She believed in dreams. He believed in nightmares. She was living her life. He was just finding an escape from it. She was falling in love. It was al...
19.3K 1.5K 19
A re-imagination of MaNan's love story in an alternate universe; meaning this story has no connection with the show, barring the characters, that a...