Cowgirl Up Three βœ”οΈ

By PalominoDreamtime

COMPLETE βœ… Bailey's epic journey continues. Can she trust Blayze? Can she trust her own heart? Can she get ba... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
I Apologise! Please Don't Hate Me!!
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Zzzzzzzzz
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapfer Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Reader's, Help Me!
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Hey Everyome πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹
‼️ I need your help!!! ‼️
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
πŸ˜­πŸ’”
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter Sixty Nine
Hey Beautiful People!!
Chapter Seventy
EPILOGUE
Book Four!!

Chapter Four

838 47 31
By PalominoDreamtime

Oh my god I've been blown away by the comments to Chapter Three!
Thank you so much to @Lucy_May1403, ReneSolomon, SociallyWeirdPerson, Jesse40, @baileyjs296, Kenmcham, @cherryshop and RachelBaker976 for your amazing and encouraging comments!
I tried to not leave you guys hanging for too long 😀👍👏🏼
Please everyone let me know your thoughts!
I'd love to hear from those i normally hear from but also some new people too!
💚PalominoDreamtime💚
And of course a shoutout to my awesome girl Ashleighmitch18 for always supporting me but also keeping me in check and making me pace things out 😀🤗

Kylie

The Critical Intensive Care Unit was chaos when we arrived, a few other people pacing the shiny floor, clearly worried about their loved ones.
Doctor's and Nurse's in blue and green scrubs sprinted their way through different doors, clearly in a hurry.
Although it had felt like we'd been on the road for an eternity, the clock on my phone let me know we'd been driving for only around a quarter over an hour.
We'd arrived at Emergency and been given a terrifying run around for a few minutes before somebody was smart enough to check for Bailey's name in other sections of the Hospital and directed us to CICU.
My knee's felt like they were made of jelly as I rushed through the corridors with Lukas, Blayze, Codie and Heath.
Jaxon had already been notified and was on his way, even though he'd only gone home a mere two days ago.
In the car Codie had said Noah, Keegan and Hayley were on their way as well.
It didn't really surprise me, considering it was Bailey's life that was hanging in the balance.
"Can I help you?"
A rather young looking Woman sitting behind the desk asked, looking up from a large flat screen computer.
All eyes seemed to turn onto Me.
Why the hell they wanted me to be the one to speak was beyond me.
Then again, Bailey is my Daughter.
My feet felt like dead weights as I dragged them along the floor, forcing myself up to the reception desk.
"B-"
I tried to speak, but my voice would barely work.
I cleared my throat and grabbed onto the edge of the desk, struggling to breathe deeply.
"Bailey Harley!"
I croaked, my throat positively burning.
"We're here for Bailey Harley."
Pressing her lips together, the young woman turned to the computer screen.
The seconds it took for her to click on a mouse and scan the screen felt gut wrenchingly painful and long.
"She's been admitted, but there's nothing more I can tell you."
The young Woman told me, turning back to face me.
Nothing she can tell me?!
"But she's my Daughter! Please!"
I begged, a million stinging tears rapidly filling my eyes once again.
"I'm sorry!"
The woman looked apologetic, pursing her lips together.
"Nate!"
I wheeled around from the desk at the sound of Blayze's shout.
The familiar Doctor was rushing through the waiting room, headed for a pair of dark blue double doors.
He did a double take upon hearing his name and his green eyes widened when he took in our group.
"We'll let you know what's going on as soon as we can!"
Doctor Legend shouted and took off running for the double doors.
I'd like to think he knew Bailey was in there and needed help, but it was probably more likely that he'd been called up to help with the new arrivals and currently had next to no idea what he was walking into.
"I can't do this!"
Blayze's face was uncharacteristically pale as he turned his back on the doors that slammed closed behind the good Doctor we'd all come to trust and respect.
It was difficult to think of anything beyond my terror for my Darling eldest Daughter's well-being, but watching Blayze had my heart cracking.
His face was pale and drawn in.
His blue-green eyes glistened with a shining of tears and his hands trembled as he lifted them into his hair.
"We don't know anything yet!"
Lukas insisted, clamping a hand down on Blayze's shoulder.
Lukas.
My younger Brother, but who had somewhere along the line grown up and began to act as if he was my older Brother.
He was quite clearly trying extremely hard to keep strong, because it was becoming rapidly obvious the rest of us were falling apart.
But I could see the worry in his green eyes and their anxious flickering towards the dark blue doors.
"That's exactly the fucking problem!"
Blayze exploded, spinning around to push at Lukas' chest.
My Brother stumbled back a step, but regained his balance.
Blayze glared at him, his hands clenched into tight fists at his sides.
"Stop it!"
I snapped my gaze over to Heath.
The poor young guy was trying hard to cope among the stress and agony, but I'd seen tears rolling down his face on the way in.
His blue eyes once again shined with tears.
"Beating each other up isn't gonna help anything!"
Heath exclaimed, his voice cracking.
I walked over to his side and threw an arm around his shoulders, pulling him into my side even though he was actually a few inches taller than me.
"They can handle each other."
I promised him.
"Even if they throw a few punches."
"What the hell's goin' on here?"
All heads snapped towards the doors on the opposite side of the room at the sound of a familiar voice.
Jaxon Rowan might not hold any answers in regards to Bailey, but it was sure as heck still a giant relief to see his face again.
To know he'd be here for Blayze.
He was going to need him.
Blayze turned away from Lukas and stormed for the doors Jaxon had just come through.
Lukas and I exchanged concerned glances.
We knew that somebody was going to have to go after him.
But I needed to find out about Bailey!
"I'll go."
Codie muttered and headed after him.
The poor guy was still dressed in the yellow coveralls that the CFS wear.
Jaxon stopped him half way across the room though, placing a hand on his shoulder.
I couldn't hear what words were exchanged between the two, but Codie nodded and Jaxon turned around and headed back out of the waiting room, following the direction Blayze had gone in.
It took me a moment to realise the trickling feeling on my cheeks was actually fresh tears rolling.
Sniffling, I lifted my right hand to wipe my cheeks.

Blayze

Thankfully the area of the Hospital I'd managed to walk into was pretty much a ghost town.
The long corridors were empty, only a few lights appearing to be on and not even a 'caution, wet floor' sign in sight.
I turned my back to the nearest wall and leaned against it, tipping my head back until it too rested against the hard wall and I stared at the white painted ceiling, my mind off on a wild ride.
The squeak of shoes on the lino floor reached my ear's, letting me know I indeed had company, but I chose to pretend not to notice, too busy focusing on my ragged breathing.
The pain that was in my chest was excruciating to say the least.
It felt like somebody had literally ripped my chest open and was hacking at my heart with a sharpened chainsaw.
My breathing was laboured, coming in shorter and rougher pants than I was used to.
Clenching my fists to the point that I could feel my knuckles straining wasn't remotely helpful.
Grinding my teeth together, I clenched my jaw as tight as I could and pushed myself off the wall, spinning around to throw my fists into the wall's plaster.
I swung hit after hit, welcoming the lancing pain through my hands and the flex of the plaster as with each hit it began to break.
"Hey! C'mon!"
I shrugged Jaxon's hands off, throwing another hard right hook into the wall, splinters of paint and plaster finally falling to the floor and the wall finally developing a hole in it.
"Blayze come on!"
Jaxon grabbed my shoulders and pulled me back from continuing my assault on the wall.
I spun around and pushed him off me, stumbling my own step backwards in the process, my chest painfully tight as I fought for breath.
"Talk to me."
Jaxon insisted.
I slumped backwards against the wall, gravity taking hold over my body and my weight sliding me down.
My boot soles slipped on the shiny lino floor and my arse soon collided with the hard floor, my teeth clamping painfully on my tongue upon impact.
The coppery taste of blood trickled on my tongue, but I couldn't really give a fuck.
Pain that was outside of my heart was welcome.
I bent my knees, wrapped my arms around my legs and tipped my head forward until my forehead was resting against my knees.
I couldn't breathe anymore, my chest way too tight.
I just couldn't fucking do this!
My entire body trembled and I could already taste the salt from my tears as they rolled down my cheeks and some ran into the corners of my mouth.

When I could finally stop shaking and the tears seemed to stop rolling in a seemingly endless flow, I sat with my back against the hard wall and used the backs of my hands to wipe over my stiff and crispy face that was filled with drying tear tracks, attempting to try to get a few somewhat normal breaths through my lungs.
"So what do you know so far?"
Jaxon asked.
I glanced to my left, to find my Cousin was sitting beside me on the lino floor, his back also against the wall, his legs stretched out in front of him unlike mine that were bent at the knees.
"I know that the accident scene was a fucking mess!"
My stupid voice hurt, sounding scratchy even to my own ears.
Jaxon attempted to keep a composed face, but I caught his slight flinch.
I propped my elbows on my knees and ran my fingers into my sweat dampened hair.
"Bailey was already being taken off in the Flying Doctor's chopper."
I gulped, my heart literally pounding inside my chest.
"She's seven months pregnant, Blayze."
Jaxon sighed.
"And she was in an accident."
I flinched.
Like I needed the reminder!
"It makes sense they'd get her to the Hospital as soon as possible."
Jax reasoned.
His words were acceptable in some kind of a universe, but they weren't enough for me.
My shoulders once again began to shake and I couldn't seem to stop it.
"We had a Fight last night."
I hated how painfully weak my voice sounded, but I couldn't seem to stop it.
I was being torn apart from the inside, out.
"And we didn't make up last night or this morning!"
Even to my own ears my voice cracked.
"So you go on in there and grovel on your knees when the Doctor comes and tells you it's time to go visit."
Although Jax's ridiculous need to 'look on the bright side' tended to most of the time piss me off, right at this moment I found some deep part of myself hoping against hope that this was one of the times he would be right.
But I still had to fight the urge to turn around and just punch him.
"At this stage of the game, you can't take no news as bad news Blayze, you'll send yourself into an early grave."
Jax insisted.
I turned my head to glare at him.
"Try being in my shoes for once Jax! Then you might get it!"
I snapped and scrambled up onto my feet.
"Where the fuck are you going?! ICU's this way!"
Jax shouted from behind me as I stormed down the corridor.
I wasn't going to sit around and listen to people attempt to tell me that 'thinking badly would only cause bad situations' or 'think positively and your thoughts will come true'.
Right now, all that mattered to me was that the love of my fucking life was currently probably fighting for her life.
I pushed yet another door out of my way and finally the heat of a South Australian Summer washed over me.
"Hey Cowboy."
Cowboy.
A piercing pain hit my chest at the mere mention of the term.
The excruciating fact however, was that Cowboy was what Bailey liked to sometimes call me.
Particularly when she was trying to twist my arm.
I snapped my head around to find a raven haired figure slowly approaching me.
She walked cautiously, almost like she was worried she might set off a bomb.
Emma.
A bad habit that we'd both used to fall into flashed in my mind and I turned to face her.
"You got any smokes?"
A small smile graced her lips and reached around to pull something out of her back pocket.
It turned out to be a pouch of tobacco, along with some filters and roley papers.
"I don't know if this counts as a good answer or a bad one."
She muttered, holding the pile out to me.
I grabbed the Do It Yourself cigarettes and set about rolling myself one, the task taking me a little while longer than it used to because it had been some time since I'd done it.

"What're you doin' here?"
I asked Emma once the nicotine had began to soak into my system, marginally setting my nerves at ease.
Emma glanced up from her task of rolling her own smoke.
"I was at the accident scene Blayze."
Her voice was almost nervous.
"I came to..."
She looked away, stuffing the pouch and whatnot back into her jeans pocket.
"Check on you I guess."
She muttered, dropping her gaze to the cement floor we were currently standing on.
Check on Me?
I moved back to lean backwards against the brick wall of the outside of the hospital.
"I'm not the one who was in the crash."
I told her and lifted my cigarette to take a drag.
The fucking nicotine wasn't doing what it once seemed to.
My heart was still pounding.
My knee's felt weak.
My chest felt compressed.
"I was there Blayze."
Emma turned to face me.
"At the bridge you weren't okay."
I laughed bitterly, completely without humour.
"Oh I'm fucking excellent."
I tossed the remainder of the cigarette onto the ground and stomped it out with the toe of my boot.
"I'm here for you."
Emma stepped forward.
I snapped my eyes up from the cigarette I was butting out, to Emma's face.
Her eyes were wide, almost pleading as she looked up at mine.
"Whatever you need."
She whispered, stopping a mere couple of steps or so in front of me.
Whatever I need?
I pushed off from the wall and that brought me to standing a mere foot or less in front of Emma.
She tipped her head back slightly so she could keep looking into my eyes as I looked down on her, my mind positively reeling.
Her breath hitched.
I could see it in the slight rise of her chest.
Her pink lips parted.
"What I want..."
I clenched my jaw.
"You can't make happen."
I turned on my heel and headed back into the hospital.
I didn't fucking want to be here.
But I'd never forgive myself for not being there to hear the Doctors' verdict when it finally came.
I owed her that fucking much.
"Blayze! Wait!"
I heard Emma's hurrying footsteps behind me.

Doctor Nate Legend

As a Doctor, I'm supposed to be impartial to each situation and focus on my Medical Training in order to save lives.
But, working in a small town Hospital for the last couple of years had chipped away at a part of that mentality which had been drilled into me during Medical School.
It wasn't usually a case of seeing somebody long enough to get them healthy and then never seeing them again.
Bailey Harley was a person.
She was a person I'd seen many times over the last couple of years.
I know how much her Family loves her.
How much her Fiancé does.
I know that she's got a year old Son depending on her and that she's in her third trimester of carrying twins.
They haven't even found out the genders yet.
I also know that she was scheduled for her follow up appointment with Doctor Mercy the Skin Specialist today.
She never showed up.
Then I'd been called up to CICU and upon entering Bay Two, I discovered a familiar, heavily pregnant unconscious blonde sprawled out on the bed, bright red blood staining the sheets.
Heart rate monitors had been going nuts for excruciatingly long minutes now.
She was crashing what felt like every five seconds, her BP plummeting.
I knew that half of her family and her fiancé were out in the waiting room, praying for her and awaiting answers.
"Hit her with a shot of adrenaline!"
I ordered a nearby Nurse, rushing around to the other side of the medical bed.
The Nurse scurried forward, arranging a needle as she moved at speed.
She inserted the needle into the tube that was running into Bailey's arm and I snapped my gaze to the screen that was measuring Bailey's vital signs.
Within a couple of seconds the lines leveled out, the continual beep's becoming more regular.
My heart pounded with relief.
But the problem was, her see-sawing between stable and crashing hinted at trouble.
Biting into my lower lip, I looked down to Bailey's swollen stomach.
My gut was telling me the twins were probably part of what was causing Bailey's unstable condition.
"IV?"
A Nurse questioned.
I blinked.
My job was to save my patient.
"IV."
I agreed.
"Then we need to run a scan on her insides and her Babies."
I instructed.
Another Nurse's head snapped my way.
"There's more than one?"
She queried.
"Twins."
I told her.
"How do you know that?"
Another Nurse asked, fiddling with a length of intravenous tube.
"She's been a patient of mine throughout her pregnancy."
I explained.
"Now let's move it! We need to find out what's going on!"
The Nurse's hustled into gear, going about their tasks.
Bailey was currently stable, but I couldn't be sure that would last.
We needed to find out what was going on ASAP.

Kylie

My heartbeat seemed to match the large clock up on the wall.
Time was flying by and every minute that passed was terrifying and excruciating.
We still had no answers on Bailey's condition.
Blayze was alternating between sitting on one of the plastic waiting room chairs with his hands in his messy hair or pacing the floor, fists clenched at his sides.
Lukas had practically worn a track between the reception desk and the entrance doors  to the ward as he paced with slow but deliberate strides, his expression a mask of worry and fear.
Keegan, Hayley and Noah had by now arrived, baby Knox in tow with Noah. Hayley, heavily pregnant, was crying into Keegan's shoulder, her hands wrapped around her bulging baby bump.
The woman who's name I'd learned was Emma Lyons had arrived at some point, now sitting on a chair nearby the people who love my Daughter.
I couldn't think about her or how or why she was here.
At this point in time, all I could concentrate on was Bailey.
Would she make it?
How could I explain this to Izac, Jace, Hazel and Lily?
What about poor little Luka?
He needs his Mummy to come home...
A fresh round of hot, unrelenting and unbearable tears flooded my eyes.
A painful grip went around my aching heart and I buried my face into my hands, the broken hearted waterworks flowing freely.
A pair of strong arms wrapped around my shoulders and I turned into the solid body, craving the comfort.
"Just try to breathe."
Jax quietly encouraged, his voice low and soothing.
"We still don't know anything yet."
I really thought by now that the unknowing was the worst part.
We were all waiting here, clueless and terrified.
If we lose her, I lose my Baby Girl.
My first born.
The one who started all the initial rumours about me around town, because I got knocked up at seventeen and back then, in our small town, that was frowned upon.
My dear Baby Brother had become the Town's Fighter, breaking more noses than I could remember when it came to people throwing a derogatory comment my way.
My beloved Parents had to put aside their 'Christian Views' and stand tall against the rumour mill of the Town.
My Dad put on a speech that had the entire Town falling silent at the Fair and had more than one person wiping tears off their cheeks.
It was one of the major reasons that the Townsfolk respected him so much today, because he'd stuck up for his family and given them all a good old verbal bitch slap all at once.
My Mother absolutely adored Bailey from the get go.
My Baby Girl was my Mum's right hand until the outside Farm life became too much for Bailey to ignore any longer.
Blayze would be an absolute mess.
Bailey had steered his arse off the dark track he was for sure headed down and as they say, the rest... was history...
I couldn't possibly even begin to imagine leaving this Hospital without my beloved Baby Girl coming home with us at some stage.
Even just the idea of losing one of your Babies has to be any parent's worst possible nightmare.
A familiar noise reached my ear's and it took me a moment too long to understand that it was my mobile phone going off.
I pulled out of Jaxon's embrace and leaned down to find my phone in my handbag.
The swirling screen told me it was our Home phone calling, which meant it was probably Mum or Dad.
"Luk!"
I called for my Brother, my voice cracking.
I couldn't talk on the phone yet.
But I knew Mum and Dad were just as desperate for answers as the rest of us.
Lukas crosses the waiting room floor and took the thankfully still ringing phone from my hand.
He glanced at the screen and slid the answer bar across, putting my phone to his ear as he walked away.

Lukas Harley

"Hello?"
I asked into Kylie's phone as I walked a few paces away from her.
I might be Kylie's 'little' Brother, but given the looks of my Sister at the moment and Blayze too, I was going to have to find the courage to not fall apart in this situation.
On the inside, my heart was breaking.
But I'd learnt what it meant to just put on a brave face and keep your suffering on the inside.
Blayze was one of the strongest guys I knew and had been for years, but right now he was a borderline mess and I knew that if we didn't get good news from the Doctor's who were working on Bailey, things would only get worse.
Looking at the troubled, pain filled swirling in my best friend come unofficially adopted Brother, the shaking of his shoulders and the strained clench of his fists, I could tell that Blayze was only just barely holding it together.
I shot a glance over at Emma Lyons and my gut seemed to clench.
Trouble was what that girl was and the sooner she fucked off back to the Southern end of the state, the better.
"Lukas Darling, is there any news?"
Mum's voice was shaky, vulnerable.
I cleared my throat and swung a glance towards the double doors the Doctor's and Nurse's kept disappearing through.
"Not yet."
I denied.
"But we're pacin' around the floor of CICU."
The sob I heard from Mum's end had my heart clenching even tighter.
"We're praying."
Mum informed me, her voice choked up.
I didn't have the heart to let her know that I was fairly certain Bailey's fate was more in the hands of the Doctor's that were working on her than it was some 'divine power'.
"We're all holdin' our breath Mum."
I told her,
"And hopin'."
I turned to look at Kylie and at Blayze.
"I'm not really surprised Kylie didn't answer the phone."
Mum stated.
"How's she doing?"
"She's a mess."
I admitted.
Mum answered with yet another distressed, choking sob.
"Jax is here though."
I told her.
"And how's Blayze doing?"
Mum's voice was squeaky.
I looked over to the chair Blayze was once again sitting down on, his elbows braced on his knees and his head back in his hands.
"You don't wanna know."
I quietly informed Mum.
Mum's deep inhale was shaky.
"You'll let us know when you know something won't you?"
Her tone was pleading.
"Of course."
I agreed.
Though it would probably take a while for us to open up if the worst case scenario came about.
"We love you Lukas."
The tears were audible in my Mother's voice.
"Please tell Kylie and Blayze we love them too."
She begged.
"I will do."
I promised.
"And I love you both too Mum."
Funny how it was disastrous situations like these that made us remember to say words like that.
I glanced over at Kylie and then Blayze,
"We all do."
I promised Mum.
Her sobs reached my ear and I couldn't bare to listen anymore, so I slowly pulled the phone from my ear, my heart filling with painful cracks as I moved my thumb across the screen to tap the red 'end' circle.
C'mon Bailey Grace.
I thought to myself, tipping my head back to stare at the white painted ceiling, hot and almost painful tears pricking at my eyes.
It was fucking excruciating to think of my Niece leaving this world before Me.
You can't leave us yet Princess.

Doctor Nate Legend

"There's a tear there."
Doctor Peacock pointed a finger towards the screen we were vividly scanning.
"I see it."
I agreed.
"We're going to have to fix that."
If we didn't she would keep losing blood and eventually it would be too much.
We'd lose her to blood loss.
"Prep her for theatre?"
Doctor Peacock questioned, pulling her gaze off the screen and turning to face me.
I pulled my own gaze off the monitor and turned around.
"Yes."
I agreed with my colleague.
"And I'd better go and let her family know what's-"
The alarm's on the machines went off, drawing all of our attention immediately over to the bed.
Bailey's body jerked on the stiff mattress and began to tremor.
"She's crashing!"
Doctors Peacock shouted and sprinted for the bed.
I had to help get Bailey back into a remotely stable condition before I could go out and talk procedures with her family.

"We're running out of time!"
Doctor Peacock was practically panting when we finally had Bailey's heart rate and blood pressure under control again.
It was a stressful and tedious ten minutes.
I lifted a hand to wipe the back of my wrist across my brow.
"We need to get her into Theatre now and get those bleeds stitched up."
I commanded.
"Life's getting risky for her and those babies!"
"I'll call down to Theatre!"
Doctor Peacock told me and ran for the phone in the corner of the room.
Sewing up the tears we'd found on the inside of Bailey's body would hopefully allow us to more successfully stable her condition.
"Let's get her ready to take her down to Theatre!"
I ordered the team of Nurse's around me.
Time was running out.
The Team all began to rush around me.
Come on Bailey, you can do it.
I thought as I stared down at her still figure.

Blayze

Somewhere, like background noise, I heard a set of doors bang open.
Initially we'd all looked every time the doors moved.
But it was never a Doctor coming to talk to us, so this time I didn't even bother to look.
My heart by now felt like a rock that was sinking in a river.
"Kylie?"
Hold on!
That voice is familiar!
I lifted my head out of my hands.
Kylie scrambled up out of her chair, Jax's arms falling off her shoulders as she moved.
"Blayze?"
Huh?
Wait!
That's me!
I scrambled out of the hard plastic chair, stumbling a little thanks to the quick change in latitude.
I turned around to find Doctor Legend standing not all that far from the dark blue double doors.
He hovered near the reception desk, his expression schooled pretty well, but his green eyes swirling.
Kylie and I headed towards him and out of the corners of my eyes I noticed Jaxon and Lukas moving too.
My heart was positively pounding inside my chest, like a caged animal that was trying to find its way out.
Now that Nate was standing there, I suddenly wasn't even sure that I wanted to know what he had to say.
His fucking face sure wasn't giving anything away!
Then again, it might be a hell of a lot worse if he was an open book.
Doctor Legend'd green gaze moved between Kylie and Me, like he wasn't all that sure who he should be addressing.
"I'm sure you understand by now that things aren't great."
Nate told us, working his jaw.
By his tight expression and the clouded look in his eyes, it was obvious Nate cared about what he was telling us.
Bailey was no longer just a patient on his list.
She'd come to mean more to him than that, even though he's the Doctor.
Bailey Grace Harley sure is good at getting under your skin and especially when you least expect it.
My heart seemed to squeeze in on itself just by his few words and his cracked mask.
"Don't do this to me!"
I begged him, my idiot voice choosing to once again not work properly.
It felt like somebody had gone and poured acid down it, but still expected me to talk.
Kylie reached over and her warm, much smaller hand grabbed onto mine.
It was weird.
I couldn't even remember Kylie Harley holding my hand.
But in this point in time, I chose not to think about that.
"She's losing a lot of blood."
Nate informed us, lacing his hands together.
Loosing blood isn't good, anybody knows that.
You loose enough blood and you die.
"Can't you stop it?!"
Kylie begged, her voice coming out squeaky with pain and distress.
My heart seemed to drop in my gut, my own pain almost dropping me to my knees.
"I can promise you both that I'll be doing my damnedest to make sure we do."
Nate assured us, his eyes pleading with us to believe him.
But how could I?
He was out here talking to us, not in there saving her!
"Then what the hell are you doin' out here?!"
I yelled, yanking my hand out of Kylie's.
"You just fucking said she's losing too much blood and you're out here chattin'!"
Some small part of me knew that Nate was simply doing his job.
Doctor's have to inform a patient's family about what is going on.
But Bailey's fighting for her life and he's not even in there helping her!
"Blayze!"
Kylie's broken voice begged.
I paid her no attention, glaring at the Doctor.
"Cool it."
Jax muttered from behind me, a hand landing on my shoulder.
"Surgery isn't without risk."
Nate explained, his gaze shifting between us all.
"Legally I have to talk to you about it."
He cleared his throat and shifted on his feet.
"The problem now is, if we don't operate then it's only a matter of time before we loose her."
A broken sob came from Kylie and she threw her hands over her mouth, tears immediately streaming from her eyes and down her cheeks.
"Doc you gotta save her!"
Lukas came into the picture now too, moving up alongside Kylie and wrapping his arms around her shoulders.
"I need to know if you give permission for us to take the twins out by Emergency cesarean if they can't cope with the surgery."
Nate informed us, his gaze flicking between us all, yet lingering longest on Me.
It didn't exactly take a genius to work out why.
The Twin's are my Kids.
Who the hell knows what's wrong with them after the accident?
If Bailey's body is struggling to survive, did the Twins even stand a chance?
"Are the Twins Okay?"
Kylie's voice came out as little less than a pained squeak.
The Twin's?
It felt like a bucket of ice cold water was tipped over my head.
They're my kids and I didn't even ask about them!
"We've checked on them while we were trying to locate Bailey's bleeds."
Nate explained.
"They're both alive."
"Oh thank God!"
Kylie seemingly collapsed sideways into Lukas in relief.
Yes.
If Bailey made it through this, it would destroy her if she had to be told one or both of the Twin's didn't make it.
"The problem is, their heart rates are getting faster and more erratic."
Nate informed us.
"There's a chance they'll settle if we can sew up Bailey's tears in time."
But if they waited too long, we'd loose them all.
I felt like I copped a solid blow to the chest.
The Girl I love...
And two of my kids...
All at once...
I swallowed thickly past a seemingly solid lump that had formed in my throat.
"She'd tell you to make sure you save the Twin's."
How I managed to formulate words through my aching chest and my burning throat, I had no idea.
Many eyes snapped up to my face, but I chose to for now ignore them and keep my focus on Nate.
Out of all of us here right now, he was the only one who stood a chance at keeping Bailey on this earth with me.
My kids too.
I didn't want to go home and be Luka's Dad, without Bailey there to be his Mum.
I sure as fuck didn't want to try and be Dad to Luka and the twins on my own!
The only option was, these god damn Doctor's save Bailey.
And they save our Kids.
That way Bailey, Luka, the Twin's and I live as one big, happy Family.
"Blayze?"
Both Jaxon and Lukas eyed me with frown's marring their brows.
I kept my focus on Nate, while the Doctor stared back at me.
"I'm asking you to save them all."
I declared, wrapping my arms around my own body, effectively giving myself a bear hug.
The worst part was, I hated how Bailey's arms and her hug's felt so much better.
And me, the fucking idiot, had spent last night on the couch, not speaking to her.
This morning I didn't speak to her, just gave Luka his toast before leaving the house.
I hated myself for the entire last fifteen hours.
The worst part was, I couldn't even take any of it back.
And if Bailey didn't make it, I'd never be able to physically tell her I was so fucking sorry.
"So if we have to, the Twin's are coming out?"
Nate asked, looking between our faces.
"You have to save them all!"
I gritted through my tightly clenched jaw.
"Luka's not growing up without his Mum!"
I all but yelled.
Nate and Lukas winced.
Kylie whispered.
"And she!"
I pointed a finger fiercely in the direction of the dark blue double doors.
Somewhere behind them, Bailey was fighting for her life.
"Won't be okay if we lose those twins!"
I'd worry about grovelling when Bailey was awake.
Right now I had to make sure these god damn Doctor's at least fucking well did their jobs!
"He knows you want them all saved mate."
Jax muttered, pulling on my arm.
I shrugged his hand off my arm, shooting him a glare.
What the hell would he know about what I was feeling or what I wanted?
It was too much to hope that I'd wake up in my bed, my chest pressed to Bailey's back, my knees tucked in behind hers and her long blonde hair tickling my nose and I'd find out that this whole fucked up mess had just been one entirely un-amusing nightmare that I'd never wish to repeat.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

248K 5.4K 19
April and Rose have always been the good girls. Still virgins at age 19 and still hadn't had a boyfriend or their first kiss. They have always been u...
55.6K 2.1K 46
**Book 1 in the Coda Paxton Series! Right Back On and Big Girl Boots to follow** Coda Paxton was never really one to go out of her comfort zone and m...
118K 3K 78
- will develop into mature reading - Bailey is seventeen years old and determined she's not going back to school for year 12! With a Rodeo Father an...