scars | lrh

By sixteenluke

she had tear stained cheeks and a broken heart, slashing away at her any part of her body she could get to. ©... More

blurb.
01
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14

02

3.8K 249 276
By sixteenluke

chapter status: edited

E M M A 

I turned around in the mirror a couple of times, admiring my dress, but not my body.

I thought if I kept looking at myself and re-adjusting the top that the dress would actually look good on me.

But it didn't.

I groaned and plopped down on my bed, running my fingers through my hair.

Luke's family was having a barbecue and they invited me, so I wanted to look my best.

Of course, I've met his family before, but I still wanted to look presentable.

"Emmy, its time to go, princess!" Luke sang, barging in through the door.

I chuckled, sitting up and locking eyes with him.

"You sound like my mom." I joked, Luke rolling his eyes.

I stood up and walked over to Luke, and he pulled me into a tight embrace.

"2 weeks clean. I'm a happy penguin." Luke stated, kissing me on the forehead.

"15 days, actually." I corrected, looking up at Luke, batting my eyelashes, sending a small smile.

"And I'm glad I stuck around." I whispered, Luke planting a sweet kiss on my lips.

.

.

.

E M M A

We walked through the backyard gate, fingers locked.

Luke's mother spotted us first, a smile spreading on her face.

"Emma! Hey there! I haven't seen you in a while, love!" She exclaimed, running towards us and pulling me in for a hug.

"Hello, Mrs.Hemmings! You look great! Haven't aged a day." I complimented, pulling away from the hug.

"Oh, Em! You know that I prefer to be called Liz! Oh, hi Luke!" She went on greeting us, and I just looked up at Luke, taking in all his features.

"Okay you kids have fun!" Liz said, disappearing into the house.

"I'm going to go get a hot dog. Do you want anything?" Luke asked, stepping halfway onto the patio.

"Um, bottled water, maybe?"

"You got it." Luke kissed my cheek and headed inside.

I felt a tiny tug on my dress, causing me to look down. A little blonde boy with curly hair and blue eyes was staring up at me.

"Hi! I'm Ryan!" He squeaked, trying to get to my level. I giggled, picking him up in my arms.

"Well hello Ryan! I don't think you should've wandered off, should you?" I tsked, Ryan pouting at me.

"I asked my mommy first. I just wanted to ask a question." Ryan crossed his arms and pouted once again.

"Fire away, little one." I said, ruffling his hair.

"What are those?" He asked, pointing to my wrist.

"Um..I think you should go back to your mommy."  I stuttered, putting the child down.

"Pwease Your secwet will be safe wit me!" He begged, his toddler showing in his words. He wrapped his arms around my legs and I groaned, pulling him off and bending down to meet his size.

"They are scars." I whispered to him, and he nodded, skipping away.

.

.

.

L U K E

I walked into the kitchen, sitting down on a stool.I turned on my phone, opening up to twitter.

I tweeted:

@Luke5SOS: At family barbecue with my babe. This'll be fun :-)

Going through my feed, I clicked on Emma's account, to see a tweet from a couple of minutes ago.

@EmmaKepp: A little kid asked me about my scars. Going to cry in a hole now bye.

I quickly got up and ran to the bathroom, swinging the door open, seeing Emma in front of the sink washing her hands.

A blood filled sink.

"Emma....." I trailed, sadness growing upon my face. She shrugged and looked at me, her expression unreadable.

"I can't be helped, Luke." She blankly said, cleaning up the sink, smiling at the new cuts.

"You want to know something. I have never cried so much in a relationship. I have tried to help you, but you can't even improve just for me. I can't live like this anymore." I cried, trying to keep my voice from rising.

"So what are you saying?" She yelled, looking at me.

"We are done. Get out of my house. And out of my life." I closed my eyes as the words poured out.

"This can't be-"

"GET OUT!" I yelled, cutting her off. She ran past me and out the door.

What did I just do?

I broke up with a broken girl.

That I love.

That was it.

I fell to my knees, crying right there.

"No..that's not how it was supposed to end." I sobbed into my hands.

"No..."

.

.

.

.

E M M A

"I hate him!" I yelled, bursting through my apartment door.

I groaned, laying down on my bed burying my face in my pillow.

No I don't.

I love him. More than anyone on this planet.

I opened my purse, taking out the baggie of blades. I stared at it, walking in the bathroom, throwing them in the garbage.

"I'm going to change. For me." I looked at myself in the mirror.

"Lets start here. I'm beautiful."

And that's where it started.

I stood in the mirror for hours, looking at myself and trying to think I was beautiful.

______________________________

______

A/N

DONT WORRY

IT DOES GET SADDER

OH AND EM'S OUTFIT IS TO THE SIDE

-Mikaela xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 177 30
Love comes in many forms
1.4K 80 29
"Feel the pain, don't show it. Don't let anybody know that it's there." -Luke.
282K 3K 71
It's 5sos sickfics. You CAN request more than once, so please request thanks. REQUESTS ARE ALWAYS OPEN Started: 3/3 2018 Finished: not yet Number 12...
56.4K 2.3K 56
In the most beautiful way possible, he gave me a second chance