Bite Me

By BurntMyToastAgain

Teagan Sally never thought she'd be invited to a party. But when she is, Teagan is pulled aside by an attract... More

Bite Me
Chapter 2
Chapter 3 - With Compliments

Chapter 1 + Teaser

191 9 2
By BurntMyToastAgain

Hey nerds!
This chater (and teaser) is dedicated to my best friend, Amee (AmeeK1)
I'd seriously suggest following her. Although her writing is rustic, it's got wit and styyyllleeee. So go check out her stuff. :P

And uh, if you'v read the teaser, skip like, half of the first page. . . or something.

"It'll be fun," Carly tried again, scanning my lifeless wardrobe, "I swear, private school parties dominate."
I groan, laying down in my bed, "I don't want to go."
"Too. Bad. You're going," Carly throws a short, baby-blue dress next to me, "And you're wearing that."

I scan the dress helplessly, "I think Barbie puked on this."
"I'll puke on you if you don't get your ass in that dress."

Slipping on the dress, I glance at the mirror, quickly applying makeup. My curled, brown hair cascaded passed my shoulders and I sigh.
What have I gotten myself into?

+++++++++++++++++++++

I could feel the bass to the song in my chest, even though we hadn't walked in. Carly adjusted her skirt before she opened the door freely.
That was just before somebody fell out of the doorway, onto the cement outside.

"Just keep walking," Carly advised loudly, creeping passed the groaning boy on the floor. I quickly follow and I'm immediately taken in by the strong scent of alchohol and the swarming crowd.
I breath heavily when I squeeze through, feeling every movement.
I could barely hear myself.
I can barely think.
Is this what parties do?
This is exactly why I hate parties.

I strain to see Carly's long, blonde hair. Has she left me?
Oh, that girl.
She's not the brightest crayola in the pack. I mean, come on, who leaves their best friend at a random party with strangers?
Creepy strangers.
Horny strangers.
Strangers.

It was a favour itself for me to even think about coming and now she's left me in a swaying crowd, screaming to 'Sexy and I know It.'
I yelp at the sudden movement behind me.
"Carly," I turn, ready to face her fierce, blue eyes. But instead, I'm met with bright green.

"I haven't introduced myself," he yells over the music, his voice low and luring.
"Please don't," I reply loudly.
 I can't hear anything but by the visible shake in his chest, I know this boy is laughing.

But aside from this gorgeous guy in front of me, I'm faced with a bigger problem.
Where is Carly?

"Sorry," I yell, "Can't talk."
Green eyes raises his eyebrow, "No, you're yelling."
"But-"
"You're obviously yelling!"
I give an apologetic look and squeeze passed. I finally find breathing space - the edge of the stairs with a table of red cups and a couple making out.
Yay.
Perks of being singe - note the sarcasm.

A snatch a cup, half full with alcohol and gulp it down.

"Easy there."
Green eyes again.
His dark brown hair sweeps naturally and he's wearing a brown button-up with hugs his chest.

I glare at him.
"Leave me alone," I order, looking around for another drink.
"That would imply that I want to," he smirks, revealing smile lines.
I try to push passed him.
He doesn't budge.
"Please?"
"No," he laughs.
I shove passed, quickly escaping up the stairs.

But now I'm trapped. I have no way out.
I'm exstatic.
Green eyes walks up the stairs calmly. I try to play it cool - honestly. But unfortunately, the attempt to be subtle in my escape failed epically.
I ran for the nearest door.
He runs too.

My hand clasps the handle and he reaches foward, just touching my wrist.
A jolt of shock runs through me, like electricity.
He notices it too.

While he's distracted, I push the door open, sliding through the doorway.
I look for a way out, but when you're on a two-story building in a tiny dress, your options are limited.
I find myself in a corner and green eyes is gaining on me.
Before, his eyes were filled with nothing, but now I see something.

Innocence.
Kindness.

The scent of vanilla is close as he stands in front of me.
And the weirdest thing happens.

He bites me, in the sensitive crook, just between my neck and collarbone.

Then everything goes black.

++++++

The weak scent of coffee woke me up.
Sunlight streamed in through the curtains and I slowly sit up.
It feels like I haven't been here in ages.

My room.
But the thing is. . . how did I get here?
I don't even remember seeing Carly again.
I just remember. . . pain.

I touch my shoulder lightly. I cringe as my fingers skim over the bruise.

Strangely, I'm in my pyjamas. I'm not wearing make-up.

Maybe I was dreaming. Maybe I could have just slept too long.

I shake my head, thowing my hair into a ponytail.
There's no coffee, like I'd expected there to be.
Then what did I wake up to?

Walking to the kitchen, I'm greeted with horrified stares.
My father.
My brother - Tyler.
For a second, I felt as like I'd saw my mother.

The last time I saw her, her skin was as cold as ice; her eyes lifeless.

"Teagan," Dad says, as if familiarising himself with my name, "How are you?"
I let out a nervous chuckle.
Why's he acting so strange?

"I'm absolutely fine," I gulp, "like the last time you saw me."
Tyler's eyes widen and he looks down at his newspaper.
He'd always been like this.

My nostrils flare at the sudden scent of coffee. I quickly walk to the bench, clutching the white mug.
It's cold.
How would it have woken me up?

"Last time we saw you conscious was before you left for that party," Dad states, his blue eyes stern.

I freeze. "Nice try," I squint my eyes, letting go of the mug, "You're freakin' hilairious."
Dad doesn't move.
"I'm not kidding, Teagan. That party was a week ago - you've missed your first week as a senior," Dad critizies, "Do you know how much that's going to cost you?"

Of course. This was Dad's usual self: my studies over my health.
Considerate, much?

I sigh, leaning on the bench, "Just a casual question: how'd I get in my room? Home?"
Tyler looks up from his crossword jokingly, "Hagrid dropped you off."
Dad stays silent.

"Hmm?" I repeat, "So I just appeared from a strange party into my room? Just like that?"
"You said you knew the people there," Dad states, "You're grounded."
"And being asleep for a week hasn't restriced my social life already?" I raise an eyebrow.
Tyler rolls his eyes, "I think Carly dropped you off - I think."
"Did it hurt?" I quirk a grin and turn to Dad, "And what the hell will I be grounded from? My non-existant love-life? My parties I haven't been invited to?"
"Seeing that Carly girl," Dad says seriously, "She's a bad influence. Where was this party anyway? Who was there? Dru-"
"I wasn't at the party for five minutes, Dad. I don't remember much."
"And what do you remember?"

A strange boy biting me.

"Not being able to find Carly," I reply simply.

Dad nods, "Go get ready for school. You're already an hour late."
I huff, trotting back up the stairs and throwing on a button-up shirt, sweater and simple jeans.

The drive to school wasn't long but by the time I'd parked in the car-park, my buggie was already croaking in pain and lack of fuel.

++++++++++

 The bell echoes through the classroom.
I shrug on my backpack and run to my locker.

Carly was waiting, her crimson cardigan leaning on the blue paint.
"Hey," I say casually.
"Hey?" she questions, "I haven't seen you in a week and you say hey?"
"What do you want me to say?"
"
I don't want you to say anything," Carly states, "I want you to answer my calls because dammit Teagan, you had me worried sick."
"Then why were you waiting at my locker?"
"Your Dad called," she says, "He's been nagging me about what happened? But hell, I don't even know!"
"Surprise, surprise, neither do I."

Carly stays silent before telling me to come to the caferteria.
"I hope they have pasta today," Carly mumbles, lining up in the queue, "I'm not the only one who's been worried? Did you think about Jason? He went all depressed and protective when I told him you were flirting with some stranger. And Kelly! She thought you died!"

The rest of the day passed quickly and before I knew it, I was back in my car, screaming at the lack of fuel and thinking about the strange boy who bit me.

Ya know, what every normal girl does.

+++++

HHHHEEEEEEYYYYY NEERRRDDSSSSSS!!!
Wassup my mindless reading oompa-loompas.
It's been so long.
For a second, I thought I'd go back to the cheesy, un-realistic and cliche storyline that I went for in Calories in Revenge but then I was like 'naaahhhhh. I'm gonna be weird, as usual.'

So yeah, this story was inspired by Kim Ceresion's new song, I love this life, because it's basically about this dude being attacked (romantically) by this girl and then he woke up the next day and was like 'whhhhaaattttttt. I luuuvvv thiiisss giiiirrrrrlll.' [Those aren't the lyrics, but that's how I would summarise the song...]

So what do you think of the cover?
It's not as good as my other one Chasing Fireflies but it's simple and I like it.

Sooooooo.... *drumroll please*
COMMENT          VOTE          FAN

-Holly-Anne
xoxo

Continue Reading